Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcoming Kitten

chimcharred

Definitely! It'll be a while until i get to it but I'll keep you updated once I start heart The most memorable fantasy novels that I've read so far were The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix (1st book is Sabriel), The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (haven't had time to finish the whole series yet but the 1st book was great), Three Dark Crowns series by Kendare Blake and The Cruel Prince by Holly Black! Lmk if you decide to pick up any of these as well biggrin

I just wanted to let you know that I purchased The Queen of Tearling on my Kindle and shall now start reading! It looks like something I'd enjoy very much! Thank you again for the recommendations! I'll update you throughout if you don't mind.
yum_puddi

Welcoming Kitten

I just finished The Queen of Tearling! It was excellent! I'll have to read the second one now.
emotion_kirakira

chimcharred

Predestined Combatant

Floral Aroma
I just finished The Queen of Tearling! It was excellent! I'll have to read the second one now.
emotion_kirakira

chimcharred

Yay!! Im happy you enjoyed it 4laugh unfortunately I personally didnt enjoy the second book and dnfed it early on (too many perspectives I didnt care for - i just wanted to read about Kelsea!) but it has high ratings so you might still enjoy it! I havent gotten to reading The Name of the Wind yet as I've been busy reading another book for school but I'm excited to get started 4laugh

Welcoming Kitten

chimcharred
Floral Aroma
emotion_kirakira

chimcharred

Yay!! Im happy you enjoyed it 4laugh unfortunately I personally didnt enjoy the second book and dnfed it early on (too many perspectives I didnt care for - i just wanted to read about Kelsea!) but it has high ratings so you might still enjoy it! I havent gotten to reading The Name of the Wind yet as I've been busy reading another book for school but I'm excited to get started 4laugh

In all honesty, I looked up many reviews and saw that the trilogy is a flop after the first book. I won't be reading it, unfortunately... It's almost comical how it all ends. I was glad I saw the spoiler reviews because... wow. It was silly. I also just wanted to read about Kelsea but there are some major story arcs without her that I knew I would not enjoy.

And no worries! It took me a year to read The Name of the Wind while I was in school and a year and a half for the second. But once you do decide to pick it up, I hope you never drop it.
emotion_kirakira

Predestined Combatant

Floral Aroma
chimcharred
Floral Aroma
emotion_kirakira

chimcharred

In all honesty, I looked up many reviews and saw that the trilogy is a flop after the first book. I won't be reading it, unfortunately... It's almost comical how it all ends. I was glad I saw the spoiler reviews because... wow. It was silly. I also just wanted to read about Kelsea but there are some major story arcs without her that I knew I would not enjoy.

And no worries! It took me a year to read The Name of the Wind while I was in school and a year and a half for the second. But once you do decide to pick it up, I hope you never drop it.
emotion_kirakira

Yeah, it's such a shame! The story had great potential... lmk if you find other fantasy recs, ill line them up after The Name of the Wind biggrin

Abbadonn's Buttercup

Friendly Phantom

oof hope this forum is still active?
Looking for some creepy cooks to read this october
Preferably ones with some kinda eldritch/lovecraftian type beings in them?
or just spooky in general

Snowfriend

7,500 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
I recommend the Selection series if you're into romance and the Red Queen series if you're into young adult fantasy books

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
So, I'm looking for some new books to read. I'm not really picky about subject. The only things I won't read are Twilight, and romance novels. I've read tons so it'd be hard to list what I've read . any suggestions?

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Avion Kesa
oof hope this forum is still active?
Looking for some creepy cooks to read this october
Preferably ones with some kinda eldritch/lovecraftian type beings in them?
or just spooky in general

Well you've read stephen king's stuff right ? They're pretty darn spooky. I know RL stine, who writes Goosebumps writes some spooky stuff for adults

Profitable Raider

5,550 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Recommendations:

Tigana (fantasy)
The Abhorsen Trilogy (fantasy)

Perdido Street Station (weird/fantasy)
The Broken Earth Trilogy (dark fantasy)

Snow Falling on Cedars (modern lit)
The Guest Cat (novella)

Winter in the Blood (novella)
Interpreter of Maladies (short story collection)
kuronecko33
I will have to keep this thread in mind when I am done with the "Left Behind" series, although I do still have a long reading list a head of me. But if anyone likes vampire books that are out of the normal blood sucking creepy vampire I would recommend the "House of Night" Series by P.C. Cast it is really different from other vampire books.

heart I couldn't agree more on this series. I only have the first 6 books I do believe but I want all of them!

Tipsy Friend

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
For those who know the game, Bendy and the Ink Machine Dreams Come to Life.
Now for those who do not know of the game it is based on the game Bendy and the Ink Machine, a horror video game where you play as Henry, the original creator of Bendy.
The book itself is from the perspective of a character named Buddy who gets a job at Joey Drew Studios where he can pursue his dream of drawing, but strange things are happening in the studio at night so he investigates what is happening.
Highly recommend both reading the book and if not able to play, watch a play through to the game as well.
A great and terriable beauty series by libba bray
Uglies series by Scott Weterfeld
Inkheart& InkSpell by Funke
Dorthy must die series by Paige
The book thief by Zusak

Fashionable Fatcat

16,275 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Looking for recommendations!
- I don't read a lot, but some books and genres seem to glue me to the pages!

I've enjoyed reading books such as:
Asylum and Sanctum by Madeleine Roux
Pulse and Graveyard shift by Stephen King
Bird Box by Josh Malerman (Yes, the book is better than the movie!)
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Handmaids tale by Margaret Atwood
The Girl With All The Gifts by Mike Carey
The Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs

Also a big fan of Creepy Pastas.

I assumes I'm looking for Psychological Horror, a Good Spook and an occasional Feeling of Disgust?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff