Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
Anne Rice's Merrick.... and H.P. Lovecraft's books (they are so interesting but, for some reason, the bore me sooo much,....:S)

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
υτυɱɴ υʟʟαъʏ
XXXXXXloves zombies ✗•✗•✗•✗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

That was uncalled for. If I said something to offend you, then I apologize. However, everyone has different opinions. Just because mine do not agree with yours doesn't mean I'm unintelligent, nor does it give you the right to prejudge me. If you happen to like those novels, well, good for you. That's your opinion, and I respect it. I would appreciate it if you showed me the same courtesy.
OH DEAR, WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?

The fact of the matter is that most people who fail to see the brilliance in those novels are unintelligent. Brave New World is a difficult read, admittedly, but others should in no way be discouraged from reading it just because their peers are too close-minded to understand it.

User Image

3,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
romeo and juliet
I tried so hard to read The Odyssey. I even tried a couple of years after the first attempt, but it was all for naught.
Weirdly enough I seemed to enjoy The Iliad a bit more, but I couldn't finish that either.

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I absouloutly couldn't stand the book Lord of the Flies. The story was good, but the writing was sooooooooo dull.

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Blergh. Anything by Laurell K. Hamiliton. The woman doesn't even use a friggin' editor. Same goes to Anne Rice's books (Interview with a Vampire was tolerable though).

Sue me, but I dislike the Twilight series. Most passionately. (Twilight was born out of a wet dream. What the hell, Meyer?!)

Gracious Regular

Princess Academy I don't remember the author, but I do remember there were several candidates to be the reigning Prince's arranged marriage.
I identified somewhat with the main character who was a normal girl with a bit of smarts.
But... I felt the twist coming at the end, it felt too rushed, and all the characters were too bland for my taste...

Witty Phantom

6,400 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Two for Sorrow, One for Joy was a horrible book. It was filled with bad writing techniques and horrible cliches, along with an overdose of "whatever the hero does, he's still good, whatever the villian does, he's still evil."

Too much passive voice as well, and several times I just wanted to take a red pen to it. I eventually did that, but my friend stole the book before I could get very far.
Breaking Dawn--I didn't exactly love the first three books, but I liked them enough to continue following the series. This one, however, was atrocious. I don't remember if it's 600 or 700 pages, but it's a gigantic waste of paper & after finishing it I just kind of sat there & wondered why on Earth I had bothered to finish that crap.
The Old Man & The Sea--Was supposed to read it freshman year & didn't. Was supposed to read it again for AP Lit & once again I didn't. Soo boring.
Little Women--It's one of those books I've read the first few chapters of many times but have never been able to finish.
The Sound & The Fury--Truthfully, I only got about 20 pages in before i gave up on it. Probably not far enough to judge a whole book, but eh. I had no interest in continuing.
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn--Couldn't deal with the writing style. I remember reading about 100 pages in one sitting & then discovering that I hadn't comprehended any of it.
Catch 22--Made it about ten chapters in. Guess it wasn't terrible, I just didn't have the patience or attention span to try to follow it.
Pride & Prejudice--Just boring. Didn't get very far at all.
The Metamorphosis--Also boring. Only good thing about it was that it was only like 60 pages.
Hamlet---Although that's probably mostly because I hated my AP Lit teacher(with the exception of Breaking Dawn, Little Women, and Huck Finn all of these books were for AP Lit)..for this one he had us follow along in the book as we were watching the movie & it was just really annoying to try to read and watch a movie at the same time. ><

I actually loved The Catcher in The Rye, but maybe just because it was so much easier to get through than Huck Finn was(both of them were for sophomore English). I liked Animal Farm, but was on the edge about 1984--the beginning bored me a lot, I pretty much skipped that "book within the book", and after that I finally started to sort of like it.

4,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
All 4 book in the Twilight series scream My goodness I hated those books. Sadly I'm one of those people that has to finish a book or the complete series just to see how it ends, luckily I stopped myself from reading Breaking Dawn, I said "NO MORE" and I didn't really finished Eclipse, cuz it was just so bad.
My niece told me most of Breaking Dawn and I'm convinced that Stephanie Meyers was an some sort of drug when she wrote it lol

Sparkly Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Grapes of Crap

Clean Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
The Chronicles of Naria:The Lion,the Witch and the Wardrobe. I also hated the movie.
The Jeanine frosty Crappy Vampire series (not what it's really called, but It might as well be) It's basically a poor rendition of Buffy, and the main dude is litterally spike. I'm not even joking, same discription, accent, age and everything. It was just sad -_-

Some people have no imaginations >.<
Or they do, but what they think up is just...Bleh.
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Had to read it freshman year. I think I read the first chapter and just decided I'd wing it on the tests. I did pretty well believe it or not.

Kharras's Princess

Phantom

Of Mice and Men. Also this one book I had to read for Religion that had to do with some maintenance guy at an amusement park who 'dies', or whatever and revisits people from his past or whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff