Welcome to Gaia! ::

What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

Another person who is lucky enough to be able to read in the car! My sister can't and it makes our annual car trips to Illinois torturous for her (15 hours!) while I'm just chilling in my seat devouring some novel or another.

All this talking of rereading has got me started now too xp
I've been lucky to be able to read in the car. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I'M FINISHED!!!
Wows, I love it. I knew I would, but still, one forgets. ^^
I was reminded of my great love for minor characters - I love the Berry sisters and Mel and Fastion and Alton.
I went to the library and got the second one out too, and I'm currently rereading that. When the third one comes out in Mass Market I'll order it from Amazon along with the second and finally read it! Eee!!

So excited! ^____^
I've been rereading all afternoon and you're absolutely correct about the minor characters - they totally don't get enough love. Mel and Fastion are wonderful.

Also, when rereading, I cam across a line in the very beginning of the book that I never noticed before. When Karigan was thinking about the Elt wood directly north of the crossroads and how "she couldn't fathom anything from that strange place deigning to bother Sacoridia." OH KARI you are so wrong.
I know, right? She contradicts the story so often! Hehe, poor Kari, we love you!
O.M.G
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS THREAD O__O.

HURRAY MORE GREENIES!

I absolutely ADORE the green rider books <3
In fact I received permittion from Kristen Britain her self to create a fan base website with fanart and all kinds of things (No fanfictions though) XD ... I might be doing radioplays of some scenes in the book... and yes got permittion for that aswell xD

I need people to work on the fansite with meh! Anyone interested? biggrin

Btw... Karigan x Zachary forever... Lady Estora needs to go die in a dark alley way XD
A fan website would be exciting biggrin

Aw Lady Estora. Despite the fact that she's totally in the way, I just can't bring myself to hate her. heart
No! Don't harm Estora, we love her! We don't support her and Zachery, but we love her!! D:
A fan site would be a lot of fun - I'll browse, but don't expect me to make any commitments!

Soo, in re-reading the second book I have discovered that I completely forgot everything. All I remembered was something about time travel and the barracks burning down - and that someone's brooch got melted (I'm not sure why I remembered that). Everything else? In one ear and out the other. It's probably because the first time I read it I had to stop in the middle to read something for school. Ahhh, so good!

I love Captain Mapstone in this book! I think that's probably one of my favorite things about the books - they characters are so believable and amazing. You even get fond of the baddies. They're just good. 4laugh
Well... I don't hate Estora to the extreme <__<; She just gets in the way...and shes jealous.

Anyways... As part of my fan website I was thinking of making some scenes out of the book come to live... You know, radioplay? I'll have to pick very skilled voice actors for that ^__^
I was thinking of doing the scene where F'ryan dies at the beginning.. what do you think guys? Or do you think I should pick another scene?
Sounds like fun, but it would probably be pretty difficult to pull off. Best of luck to you.
Tarantellatears
Sounds like fun, but it would probably be pretty difficult to pull off. Best of luck to you.

Yes it is hard to pull off..I will do my best though! I am sure to get some feedback from Ms Britain... and you guys, I hope biggrin
I have now decided on a scene to work on. Chapter ''Swordplay'' in The First Rider's Call where Drent forces Karigan to spar Zachary XD Gosh I love that chapter <3

I am still reading the First Rider's Call for the first time, just now I read the chapter where Karigan finds out about Alton being ''dead''. I loved zachary for doing what he did <3

Oh and if you guys have any fanart I will gladly put them up on my fansite when it's done :3
I haven't gotten to that chapter yet. D:
Swordplay is a fun chapter though. :3
Calestial Rose
Well... I don't hate Estora to the extreme <__<; She just gets in the way...and shes jealous.

Anyways... As part of my fan website I was thinking of making some scenes out of the book come to live... You know, radioplay? I'll have to pick very skilled voice actors for that ^__^
I was thinking of doing the scene where F'ryan dies at the beginning.. what do you think guys? Or do you think I should pick another scene?

I think a fun scene to do (and would well with vocals and no visuals) is when Karigan has her first interaction with a Black Shield (I think it's Fastion, but it was never really said at that point). It's in the 1st book, when the 2 Shield's lead her to the Rider barracks, where the weapon (Fastion?) is trying to get her to give him her ring and she threatens to kill him if he doesn't back off.

Keep in mind voice acting is hard to do well <.< I've done it and done it with other people too. Most people just aren't comfortable in front of a mic and unfortunately some of those that are, are just terrible voice actors.

I'm one of the nervous one. It took me at least 30 minutes to get a nice set of vocals that made up 10 seconds <.< I always sort of wanted to do voice acting... until I actually had to do it for a class >__< But if you ever need anyone I think I could probably be a voice actor again. I think my love for the books could get me in front of the mic again. I can show you an example of my voice acting if you want. Just PM me.

But I wish you luck. If you've never done it before, my advise to you is, don't be afraid to record it over and over and over and over and over. Even break the phrases down. Meaning, if you want to say (making this up based on what I remember of the part in the book) "This ring was my mothers. The rest were gifts" Don't be afraid to say "this ring was my mothers" 20+ times by itself. Modern software can put the pieces together and in doing this you'll generally get better voice acting and can pick and chose which ways of saying a phrase work best together.

There are a million and a half ways to say a single sentence too. Take the sentence "This ring was my mothers." Some words will be stressed (doesn't mean shouted though... I just bolded them to stand out) more than others (if you don't it'll come off boring and flat). So you could say: "This ring was my mothers" or "This ring was my mothers" or "This ring was my mothers" or even "This ring was my mothers" to name just a few
Tarantellatears
No! Don't harm Estora, we love her! We don't support her and Zachery, but we love her!! D:
A fan site would be a lot of fun - I'll browse, but don't expect me to make any commitments!

Soo, in re-reading the second book I have discovered that I completely forgot everything. All I remembered was something about time travel and the barracks burning down - and that someone's brooch got melted (I'm not sure why I remembered that). Everything else? In one ear and out the other. It's probably because the first time I read it I had to stop in the middle to read something for school. Ahhh, so good!

I love Captain Mapstone in this book! I think that's probably one of my favorite things about the books - they characters are so believable and amazing. You even get fond of the baddies. They're just good. 4laugh

I loved Laren until the 3rd book. Then I wanted to punch her in the face stare She stays in character and everything, so its not like her character flops or anything. Its just... well, you'll see once you hit the 3rd book.

firsthandtengen
A fan website would be exciting biggrin

Aw Lady Estora. Despite the fact that she's totally in the way, I just can't bring myself to hate her. heart

I like Estora, but she need to wake up and smell the morning tea razz I have a feeling a lot could happen if she'd only realize Zachary and Karigan are helplessly in love with one another.
Karigan Galadheon

I think a fun scene to do (and would well with vocals and no visuals) is when Karigan has her first interaction with a Black Shield (I think it's Fastion, but it was never really said at that point). It's in the 1st book, when the 2 Shield's lead her to the Rider barracks, where the weapon (Fastion?) is trying to get her to give him her ring and she threatens to kill him if he doesn't back off.

Keep in mind voice acting is hard to do well <.< I've done it and done it with other people too. Most people just aren't comfortable in front of a mic and unfortunately some of those that are, are just terrible voice actors.

I'm one of the nervous one. It took me at least 30 minutes to get a nice set of vocals that made up 10 seconds <.< I always sort of wanted to do voice acting... until I actually had to do it for a class >__< But if you ever need anyone I think I could probably be a voice actor again. I think my love for the books could get me in front of the mic again. I can show you an example of my voice acting if you want. Just PM me.

But I wish you luck. If you've never done it before, my advise to you is, don't be afraid to record it over and over and over and over and over. Even break the phrases down. Meaning, if you want to say (making this up based on what I remember of the part in the book) "This ring was my mothers. The rest were gifts" Don't be afraid to say "this ring was my mothers" 20+ times by itself. Modern software can put the pieces together and in doing this you'll generally get better voice acting and can pick and chose which ways of saying a phrase work best together.

There are a million and a half ways to say a single sentence too. Take the sentence "This ring was my mothers." Some words will be stressed (doesn't mean shouted though... I just bolded them to stand out) more than others (if you don't it'll come off boring and flat). So you could say: "This ring was my mothers" or "This ring was my mothers" or "This ring was my mothers" or even "This ring was my mothers" to name just a few

I do appreciate you offering to help me on this, but I already have planned out my cast for the characters in the ''swordplay'' chapter XD
If you're concerned about my mixing well I did a couple of fandub before and from what I've heard everyone liked my mixing ^__^ But mixing nevertheless is hard to master, I've always mixed audio against visuals but now with no visuals I hope its going to be easier since I don't have to match lip flaps n__n
Though because it's a book, I have no clue what to do for the narrated parts of the scene... should I skip those? or shall I add a narrator?
In both cases I think I might ruin the radioplay because:
Without the narrated parts I could lose the emotions and thoughts that run through the characters.
Having a narrator will make the radioplay sound like an audiobook.

So yea... need alittle help here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces