Welcome to Gaia! ::

*sigh* I wonder how many pages this will take up.......ten......twenty......maybe thirty? neutral

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Elfwench
giggleboxforevabby
First of all black history month is to celebrate those black americans who did something to change the lives of many people.
Isnt that what certain days (such as Martin Luther King day?) are for?

Im not racist.
This is mostly about slaveryyy butttt:
I just wanna point THIS out.
Slavery started in africa. Among themselves. Africans sold eachother.
Yeah.

Slavery started in 1619. .

Slavery goes back to biblical times, you need to read more than your high school history book that makes white people feel better. For informational purposes, the bible claims Jesus was born approx. OUR year 3 BC, which is centuries away from the 1600's.
And in the 1600's was just the modern rise of slavery. slaves to sell to the Europeans in the "New World" (new world my hiney....it was thousands and thousands of years of history we ignored by naming it the "New World"...),
Your misinformation is astounding. Read the "People's History of America" by Howard Zinn.
Then go get a real life.

Yes I know, I pointed this out TWICE ALREADY, I didnt mean slavery period, I meant AFRICAN slavery.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
T4NGO
It's only racist if you use any word describing a black person while as not being black yourself. lol

Technically, Im 1/4 black. my dads mixed black and mexican, mother german/greek. Ive said this. Like ten times. Yuppp.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
giggleboxforevabby
T4NGO
It's only racist if you use any word describing a black person while as not being black yourself. lol

Technically, Im 1/4 black. my dads mixed black and mexican, mother german/greek. Ive said this. Like ten times. Yuppp.

But when people look at you, what do they see?
All these theories etc. Reality is, subconsciously AND consciously, the present world IS the "White man's" world. That's just so. And it is messed up. Our current world is tilted in the preservation of "White" people. And "White" itself has evolved. Anyone who wants to pretend this is not true is simply delusional.

Media, political, social, religious, etc. Way too many examples, but I can give a few:

1) Black women's bare breasts shown regularly on NatGeo labeled "educational" in tribal scenarios, but never done w/ White women,
2) European tax breaks for "natives" (meaning White women) to produce 3 or more offspring to counter-balance the influx of Brown immigrants (because god-forbid, we don't have enough White ppl anymore! Europe cannot be Brown! and Muslim!),
3) Never ever the use of the term "Christian terrorism",
4) Brownies with Euro features are deemed "beautiful",
5) Um, where do you think the term "token" came from?,
6) "Lighter, brighter, better",
7) Hyphenated Americans (not as common elsewhere),
cool Afros and other kinky hair types/styles are not "professional",
Etc etc etc.

I'm not a racist myself, but I do recognize this very race-conscious, brainwashing world. I personally find racism to be a by-product of Capitalism. I am more indifferent about Black History Month. I find it more and more void as time passes. However, as time passes, Brown people are slowly and subtly being erased from American History which would probably call for its necessity again? Because in Women's Month, the focus is on "White" women. Hispanic Heritage Month is focused mostly on "White" Latins. I mean, we just gotta take control of this situation everybody! Lol
It's way beyond slavery at this point.
And even on the slavery point, "White" slaves always retained an identity. So this is the largest difference, and I don't think any self-identifying, sensible "White" person should ever try to push this argument. "White people where slaves too." Well, White people kept their last name. That's just silly. Black History and other heritage celebratory events are not about slavery anymore (or shouldn't be. At least I don't think they are). It's about today.
Bringing up that stuff makes people seem kinda racist cuz it looks like you think of Black people as still crying about slavery or wanting to "kill Whitey". Lol I don't think "Black" people are doing that. I see frustration in this teasing in "Whitey-land". Lol

Liberal Regular

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I agree that there should be no Black history month, if there was a white history month, I'd be fine. We can't have an all white history month to celebrate OUR Peach(We aren't white. White is rice, we aren't rice!) heros because some browns(Yes, they aren't black, they are brown) would say that it was racist and go on a rampage. They have all brown schools but no all peach schools.
Can somebody explain to me what's exactly happening here? I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the crayon box, but I seriously think something's not right here.
And yes, I use brown for blacks and peach for whites because technically, we aren't white or black. yum_puddi

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Patricia_Baker14
I agree that there should be no Black history month, if there was a white history month, I'd be fine. We can't have an all white history month to celebrate OUR Peach(We aren't white. White is rice, we aren't rice!) heros because some browns(Yes, they aren't black, they are brown) would say that it was racist and go on a rampage. They have all brown schools but no all peach schools.
Can somebody explain to me what's exactly happening here? I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the crayon box, but I seriously think something's not right here.
And yes, I use brown for blacks and peach for whites because technically, we aren't white or black. yum_puddi

Black History Month is a way for white people to say that to give them a history to shut the ******** up. They also doing it to Hispanic Heritage Month. emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff