Welcome to Gaia! ::

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Welcome to our Beach Party contests! Throughout the Beach Party event we'll be hosting an array of contests that you can join in and participate in! You'll be able to enter, have fun, hang out, and win awesome prizes!

Contest Guidelines
  • Unless otherwise stated, all contests will end on August 31, 2014
  • Unless otherwise stated, all prizes will be awarded by the first couple weeks of September.
  • If you have a question about a contest, please read through the contest and contact the contest holder
  • All awards and prizes given out are at the discretion and approval of the contest holder and/or Gaia Staff and moderators

Rules
  • Please do NOT spam. Even though this is an event thread, you are expected to follow the forum rules.
  • Please do NOT steal any images made for this thread or hosted in this thread. Give credit where credit is due please.
  • Please keep all of your posts legible (i.e. no bright colors), and make sure your posts are clean enough that the content can be found without needing to resort to detective work.
  • Please do NOT quote any of the contest posts.
  • All Gaia Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines restrictions apply. We want to give you nice things; don't give us reason to take them away.
  • This is not the place to bring up issues such as bans, warnings, or any complaint regarding Gaia with the Moderator staff.
    • To ask about a ban or warning, you can send a PM to any Moderator.
    • To contest a ban, please file a General Account Inquiry ticket in the Help Center, found by using the Contact Us link.
    • To file a complaint about a Moderator or staff member, please send an email to usertalk @ gaiaonline dot com.
    • To report a hacking, please use the Report a Hacking form.
    • To report a scamming, please use the Report a Scamming form.
    • To report abuse or harassment, please use the Report Abuse or Harassment form.

Here you'll find a link to all the different contests we're running, be sure to check them all out!

Zero's Art and Beach Excitement Contest
starzXnight's Beach Party Contests
Shirlox's Beach Party Fishing Contest
Prue's Summer Fund Raising Shebang
Raz's Beach Party Dress-up
Fun in the Sun Avatar and Story Contests
Aleksei's Beach Party Haikus
Watervoir's 4-koma (4-panel comic) Contest
Val's Post Contest

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

I don't normally do art contests, so this is my chance to award prizes to some Gaians for awesome art!
Entering:
Send your pieces to my mule account, ZeloOmega. Title the PM, "Art Contest"

Feel free to do art of any of the following avatars:

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User ImageUser Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Gaming Pals:
The Gaia Online mod and staff team is like a family, not only do we all help each other out, but we also game together. So not only would art of my own avatar be nice, but art of myself and playing games with those that I play games with would also be amazing! Here are avatars of current and ex Gaia mods and staff that I play games with. It'd be great it you could draw them with me!

Diablo 3 Group
Killing the demons of Hell and cleansing the Earth to save Heaven, one elite mob at a time.

Harbinger of Pandamomium - Ex Gaia Admin
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
WhiteJoker - Ex Gaia Admin
User Image

League of Legends Group
Fighting in an on-going war and trying to survive, feeding is bad, m'kay?

Lillypuff - Gaia Site Mod
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image
Negativeiy - Gaia Site Mod
User ImageUser Image
Prue - Gaia Site Mod
User Image

Mario Kart 8 Group
WTF? I WAS IN FIRST. NO. THAT'S NOT RIGHT. I HATE YOU!

Tiranaki - Ex Gaia Admin
User Image
Uncle Kenny - Ex Gaia Dev and bane of the universe
User Image
Xya - Current Gaia Omnimoderator
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Star Wars: The Old Republic Group
The Force is strong in these ones...

Desna - Ex Gaia Admin
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jak Bauer - Current Gaia Admin
User Image
WhiteJoker - Ex Gaia Admin
User Image

Judging:
It's all my personal opinion! I'll figure out which pieces I like the most and award based on that!

Requirements:
You're the artist, you're the talent, so I'm giving you complete creative freedom to do what you want with my art! Just make sure it abides by the Terms of Service. If you want me in a serious pose, make it so! If you want me in a silly pose, then I'm fine with it! Let your creative juices flow freely when creating!

Deadline:
Submit your entries by August 20, 2014! Winners will be announced on August 31, 2014!

Prizes:
Everyone loves prizes! Here are the prizes:

First Place:
Any item, or combination of items, of your choice up to 20 billion gold (use average buy price on the Marketplace) with the exception of limited quantity items and any item in the cash shop of your choice up to 1500 Gaia Cash.

Second Place:
Any item, or combination of items, of your choice up to 10 billion gold (use average buy price on the Marketplace) with the exception of limited quantity items and any item in the cash shop of your choice up to 1000 Gaia Cash.

Third Place:
Any item, or combination of items, of your choice up to 3.3 billion gold (use average buy price on the Marketplace) with the exception of limited quantity items

Winners
To be announced!

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

User Image

IT'S SUMMER TIME, GAIANS!

Well, it's a bit late into the summer, but it's still summer nonetheless! So why not celebrate it? My contest is a tedious contest, but I'm hoping people will join in and attempt to play. The theme for this entire thread is a party at the beach, so let's party at the beach!

For my contest, you will have to fish in Port of Gambino for the entire month of August. Yes, you heard me right, you're going to be entering into the monthly competition for the lake of Port of Gambino. I understand this is quite the task to ask for participating in my contest, but on top of all the fish you will catch (and then be able to sell to make some gold) if you're able to make it into the Top 10 of the lake, you will earn yourself a Bronze, Silver, or even a Gold trophy for the normal monthly competition. Of course, the top 3 of those who are part of this contest I'm hosting will win prizes, which can be found below after you read up on the rules.

Rules

✘ Follow the ToS and Rules and Guidelines.
✘ You must notify me you are fishing as a part of my contest by quoting me and telling me. You can do so using the following code:

[quote="Shirlox"][/quote]
Hey Shirlox! I'm fishing this month in Port of Gambino and representing myself for this contest.

✘ Positions are decided upon by the points you earn from fishing, if you have more fish caught than someone but they have more points than you, they will trump you in the contest.
✘ Fishers have until August 5th, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST to inform me they are fishing in Port of Gambino as a part of my contest. Failure to inform me after this stated time will prevent you from entering anytime later in the month of August.
✘ To qualify into the rankings of this contest you must be in at least the Top 50 of Port of Gambino which can be found here.
✘ You can only use 1 account per person, if you are found to have entered the contest with 2 accounts and are fishing in the Fishing game with more than 1 account on the Top Boards, you will be disqualified from my contest and per Fishing's rules from the monthly competition as well. Please note that this means specifically, no 2 accounts that are owned by you in the Top 10.
✘ You must be the only person fishing for you on your account. If it is found you are having someone else fish for you, you will be disqualified from my contest as well per Fishing's rules from the monthly competition as well.
✘ If you are caught botting, you will be disqualified from my contest and as well per Fishing's rules from the monthly competition as well. Your account(s) will also face punishment for violating the ToS.
✘ Have fun fishing, enjoy the beach party, and have a happy summer.

Users who have notified me before the deadline that they are fishing as a part of my contest:

alias4him
Zubatt
lilloulou
Kid Jak
Kydden
Eyes
Elena Gwyneth
Megami Nekohime
X-PreciousKatie-X
[Jaye]
Angelcat262
Kaizar the Fearless
Bacardi Dreams
rupuzzled2
pritong_sushi
K Prime

Prizes for this competition will be as the following:

1st Place: 1 Port of Gambino Rare fish of your choice + 15 Billion Gold

2nd Place: Kameha the Sea Turtle + 11 Billion Gold

3rd Place: Beach Day + 6 Billion Gold

Here are some quick links for you!
Fishing Links | How to catch/filter | Fishing Store

Khaleesi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's finally here, Gaians. The beach event you've all been waiting for! You could win a fabulous item for participating in my contest, so take a look around for details! <3

First place will receive a Retro Summer Fundraiser! and the runner up will receive a Noel's Gift! But that's not all, if there's lots of super fabulous art, there will be more summer fundraiser's given out! There is no limit to how many times you can submit artwork.

The Rules
For this contest,
Entries must be private messaged to me directly. All you must do is include a link to the art or other printed image you've created and label your private message [For Beach Contest]
Submit your entries by August 10th, 2014.
I will select winners by August 13th, 2014

Please use the following avatar for my part of the art. All art styles are allowed for this contest. This includes hand drawings!All you have to do is draw me and you hanging out on the beach in some way! It can be romantic or platonic, it doesn't matter. Alternatively, if art isn't your thing, you may also make a print out of our avatars and take a photo of them on a real beach as your entry. Groovy, huh? Just be creative! emotion_dealwithit

The Prizes

So you're interested in the prizes, babe? They can be yours~ For it is with these items that you and I will be the most FEARED AND COVETED BEACH COUPLE IN THE GAIASPHERE. I mean... hehe sand is fun<3!!!

User Image
Retro Summer Fundraiser

Yahhhhhh we workin at da carrrrrrrrrrr washhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yahhhhhhhhh

User Image
Noel's Gift

This item simply sparkles like the scorching hot sand. You will be all the rage on the beach with these lovely golden accents and frills.

Winners will be announced here!

There's nothing here... You silly goose.

User Image

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
User Image

Raz's Beach Party Dress-up

User Image
[Click this banner to go to the thread to submit your entry.]

....Hey, guys. I've returned with another dress-up contest. Draw any of these characters in outfits you'd imagine them wearing around the Summer season. Whether it be going out to the beach or going off to see adventure on a fancy vacation cruise, let your imagination be free.

I will give a pair of swim trunks to everyone that enters. Just ask let me which colour you want per entry you submit.

Deadline:
    August 31st, 2014, 11:59pm PST

Please allow me time to judge during the week.

Rules/Notes:
    â—„ Follow Gaia's Rules & Guidelines and Terms of Service when entering.
    â—„ The entry must be drawn by you.
    â—„ You must use one of the character bases that I have provided.
    â—„ Feel free to tektek the outfit and then draw it on the base. You may show the avatar you made when you submit the entry.
    â—„ The outfit does not have to be coloured. You may colour it, if you'd like.
    â—„ Colouring the actual character is unnecessary as the outfit is the focus, but feel free to ask for their colours, if you'd like to colour the whole image.
    â—„ You may draw any kind of outfit you can think of within reason. They likely will not be wearing winter clothes in summer. Don't draw anything explicit.
    â—„ Yes, these are my characters, but this is just for fun. You do not need to know their backstory. Ask me if you're curious, though.
    â—„ Here's some of the character profiles for those that are curious. Ask if there's information you want to know that is not yet present.
    â—„ You are free to only draw the front view. The contest will be separated based on which you do.
    â—„ You may enter more than once. If there is enough participation, I can add more prizes.
    â—„ Do not PM me the entry. It will get lost into oblivion. Post in this thread with the entry form.

Entry Form
[quote="Razumi Yazura"][/quote]
[size=16][color=darkblue][b][u]BEACH PARTY DRESS-UP ENTRY[/u][/b][/color][/size]
[color=darkblue][b]Username :[/b][/color] (Put your username here.)
[color=darkblue][b]Character:[/b][/color] (Which character base did you use?)
[color=darkblue][b]Submission URL:[/b][/color] (Entry URL goes here.)

Character Bases: I might add other characters later. Credit goes to ehcs for drawing my characters for me.

Prizes 1: Front and Back view
    Best Male: 50 billion | Best Female: 50 billion
    Runner up 1: 25 billion
    Runner up 2: 15 billion

Prizes 2: Front view
    Best Male: 25 billion | Best Female: 25 billion
    Runner up 1: 15 billion
    Runner up 2: 5 billion

Current Overall Contest Value:
    210 billion

Entries:
    You can view the entries here.

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
User Image

I am holding TWO contests in my Contest Thread. You may enter both of them!
Just be careful to follow the rules!

Fun in the Sun Avatar Contest!

Rules:

1. Follow Gaia ToS and Rules, of course, and have fun!
2. There is no entry fee. Your avatar must have a "Fun in the Sun" theme.
3. You MUST post it in my Contest Thread and quote me using this form so I know to enter you:

[quote="JoyRose"][align=center][IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/2JR/misc/FunSunA_zpsafc40204.png[/IMG][/align][/quote]

4. Your avatar can be a screenie, a tektek, or you can just post "Please use my current avatar." If you ask to use your current avatar, DO NOT CHANGE until I quote you that I have "taken you picture" so the one you want entered is the one that is entered. I'll try to "take your picture" within 24 hours, but I can't promise.
5. You may enter up to 3 times but you may only win once.
6. Bonus points if you use your avatar (either as yourself or as a post style) to carry on a conversation. Role play is encouraged! Please quote me with a link to your conversation if you did this after your avatar was entered in my contest or I won't know.
7. Entries must be posted no later than August 28, 2014. Prizes will be awarded by August 30, 2014. I will be giving out 13 Avatar Prizes!

Prizes: 1 BILLION gold to each winner! 3 BILLION gold to the Grand Prize Winner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun in the Sun Story Contest!

Rules:

1. Follow Gaia ToS and Rules, of course, and have fun!
2. There is no entry fee. Your story can not be MORE than 900 words.
3. Your story must follow the Fun in the Sun theme AND use one of these colors:

Red Lavendar Green Black Gold Pink Orange Rose Teal Purple Emerald Icy Blue Cream
4. Your story must have a happy ending. Look at my username - what did you expect?
5. You MUST post it in my Contest Thread and quote me using this form so I know to enter you:

[quote="JoyRose"][align=center][IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/2JR/misc/FunSunS_zps5deb6101.png[/IMG][/align][/quote]

6. You may only enter this contest once. Multiple entries will all be disqualified.
7. Entries must be posted no later than August 28. Prizes will be awarded August 30.

Prizes:
1 BILLION gold PLUS a surprise gift set to each winner! 4 BILLION gold to the Grand Prize Winner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want free Cool Shades Beach Trunks? Visit the thread of your choice below for a chance to win:

Giving Away Cool Shades Purple Beach Trunks!
Giving Away Cool Shades Brown Beach Trunks!
Giving Away Cool Shades Red Beach Trunks!
Giving Away Cool Shades Blue Beach Trunks!
Giving Away Cool Shades Orange Beach Trunks!
Giving Away Cool Shades Green Beach Trunks!

Simply Angle's Husbando

Jaeger Pilot

User Image
User Image
Care for a little something different? Then you've come to the 'write' place. (Haha. 'Write' place. Get it?) Summertime is the perfect time for a nice, relaxing little haiku. Something witty or funny; beach themed or about a shark attack. Or even that lovely strawberry lemonade you're sipping on.

The theme? Summer, of course! Anything summer-y goes. The beach. The water. That one sandcastle that you were so close to finishing but got side-tracked by the ice cream man and never got back to finishing. Even odes to the gentle octopus.

Are you up for the challenge?

Contest Rules
☀ It goes without saying, but please follow the Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines.
☀ The story does not have to be Gaia-themed, but it can be. However, it MUST be beach/summer/water-themed.
☀ The story must be your own. Please do not submit anything that you have not written or created yourself. Plagiarism is bad, mkay?

How to Enter
☀ Entries are to be posted here. The thread linked there will serve as the holding area for the contest in order to keep things neater and all in one place. Haikus posted anywhere else will not be judged.
☀ All entrants will receive a participation award.
☀ PM the entry form to Aleksei.

Prizes
☆ Best Overall Haiku: 10 billion gold
☆ Funniest Haiku: 7 billion gold
☆ Honourable Mention: 3 billion gold
☆ Best Gaia-Themed Haiku: 5 billion gold

Technical Information
☞ Your haiku should consist of three lines, following the 5-7-5 form. Any other format/form will not be judged.
☞ Judging will be done by Aleksei.
☞ Deadline for entry is 17 August 2014, 11:59 PM PST.
☞ You can enter multiple entries, but you can win only once.
☞ All prizes will be awarded by 31 August 2014, 11:59 PM PST, and winners will be announced here.

Winners
☆ Best Overall Haiku: DollyMiss
☆ Funniest Haiku: WhySoSleepy
☆ Honourable Mention: michasosmart
☆ Best Gaia-Themed Haiku: Shanra the Dragon Bard

All other participants received 300,000,000 gold + other gifts.

Entry Form
[b]Title:[/b] [i](This is optional. You don't have to have a title if you don't want one.)[/i]

[b]Haiku Category:[/b] (general, Gaia-themed, funny)

[b]Link to Haiku:[/b] [url=LINK_GOES_HERE]Here is my entry.[/url]

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

User Image

User Image

â–  â–¡ â–  - - Watervoir's party for wacky works -- a 4-koma (4-panel comic) Contest!

---message start---

File 180714: CLASSIFIED
              ________

Preamble:

Greetings. Please find attached your task for Beach Party 2014, as prescribed by Site Moderator Watervoir. Turn up the music, yo!

Objective:

4-KOMA CONTEST: To draw a four-panel comic (Yonkoma), demonstrate creativity, have fun, and perhaps win some prizes along the way.

Announcements:

Aug 31, 2014: Winners have been announced here!
              Aug 21, 2014: Contest is over and judging has begun! Thank you to all of the participants for their interest. :D
              July 21, 2014: Updated to the rules added: "All images and drawings submitted must be wholly created by you. You may use Gaia images of your avatar, however."

Materials:

-your rebelliously creative brain
              -a trusty art tool

Procedure:

1. Select one or more of the following:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
      User ImageUser Image

2. DRAW IT interacting with your avatar persona or original character (OC) in a beach setting in a four panel comic (Yonkoma). Have fun with it! Winners will be chosen based on creativity, effort, and how much their entries entertain Watervoir.

3. Submit entries via PM to Watervoir with the title "My 4Koma Entry!". Watervoir will confirm if your entry has been received.

4. The deadline to submit entries is August 20, 2014 11:59 pm Gaia HQ time (PST).

5. Here is a template for you to use if you want. The topmost panel is for the title, and the rest are for the comic. You are free to make your own template and use it, as long as it is also 4 panels in length. If you are unsure if your template is acceptable, please feel free to PM or quote Watervoir in this thread to verify.

References:
              List A -- Rules:

• Abide by Gaia's Terms of Service and Rules.
              • You may submit as many entries as you want, but a single artist cannot win more than one prize.
              • *New: July 21, 2014:* All images and drawings submitted must be wholly created by you. In case that needed clearing up. You may use Gaia images of your avatar, however.
              • Winners will be announced by the end of the day on August 31, 2014.
              • For any questions or if you want otherwise to get her attention, please quote Watervoir with this:
                [quote="Watervoir"][/quote]

• Please do not quote this post!
              • Honourable mentions may be chosen out of Watervoir's own discretion.

List B -- Prizes:
                1st place: Country Summer Fundraiser User Image
                2nd place: Monthly Collectible Letter for June 2014 User Image + Monthly Collectible Letter for May 2014 User Image
                3rd place: Monthly Collectible Letter for June 2014 User Image

Honourable mentions might be awarded.

_______________xx
    _____________________________xx
    ___________________________________________________________xx

User Image

?!'s Boyfriend

A Egg

44,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
I am a horribly lazy person, but I wanted to do a contest anyway. I am too cool for banners.

First poster on every fiftieth page (50, 100, 150, etc.) up to page 1500 gets 1bil gold. This allows for thirty chances at winning something and you can win more than once.

Posts will be disqualified if they are in violation of this thread's rules, the forum's rules, or the Terms of Service. The next qualifying post will get the prize. If by chance I happen to grab the winning post, the next qualifying post will get the prize. I will only send the prize to the winning account, so please do not request that I send it to a friend or a mule account of yours.

You can PM me letting me know you won if you would like, but I will check back to the appropriate pages and send prizes out to the winners because it is my responsibility as a contest host to follow through with this. Please be patient until prizes are sent out.

Best of luck and have fun.

Lonely Phantom

Zero Omega

See, this is why I didn't come back to SW:TOR. Because you always exclude me anyway. :B And WJ beats up my Guardian with words and violence. *throws an Ewok at you*

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Desna
Zero Omega

See, this is why I didn't come back to SW:TOR. Because you always exclude me anyway. :B And WJ beats up my Guardian with words and violence. *throws an Ewok at you*

ADDING YOU NOW! Maybe if you played more then I would have remembered. talk2hand Or if I had played earlier like I was asked to when everyone else was.

The Ewok is gonna be my pilot though.

Supreme Bro

26,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
So cool, I'll definitely do something in these contests!

Lonely Phantom

Zero Omega
Desna
Zero Omega

ADDING YOU NOW! Maybe if you played more then I would have remembered. talk2hand Or if I had played earlier like I was asked to when everyone else was.

The Ewok is gonna be my pilot though.

I get so confused. gonk And scared of WJ.

Ha! That Ewok can't fly! Silly Zero.

Khaleesi

Yay, open!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out