Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

As he followed her, Azi's eyes scanned the forest as they walked. It was in better shape than he figured that it would be, being as close to town as it was. Many forests had been getting chopped down rapidly since the fall of the wall, being as most things anymore were either made of scrap or wood. Eventually, they reached a shelter seemingly thrown together with whatever bits of anything were lying around.

Azi leaned against the structure; it moaned like it might lose a wall. He quickly stood up straight again as a sheepish look crept across his face. "Uhh, sorry about that. Looks like it's aright though." He shrugged at her questions. "I would think most humans wouldn't be able to do that, although you always seem to be coming up with new stuff that can seemingly do miracles... or at least you used to before the wall fell." Upon mentioning the wall a frown crossed Azi's face and what almost sounded like guilt tinted his voice. "I hope that what is said here stays strictly between us... you must understand that most humans nowadays tend to fear anything not human and, well sometimes try to kill it, or well kill me, without giving me a chance to get more than a word out edgewise. But you seem different. At any rate, I'm an angel." He held out his hand and in it a scimitar seemingly made entirely out of glowing light, cooler light than before and more concrete, appeared. Suddenly realizing that they were alone and this could seem threatening, he lowered his hand and the scimitar disappeared. "Now let me ask you, why did you seem so interested? Most people, as I said earlier, tend to go into a fight or flight response when they realize that I'm not one of them."

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rost

User Image

"I am the disease, To the world I'm the plague of Disaster, and I'll continue to move forward, like a monster. This is the time to destroy everything and never rebuild..."

Rost nodded and smiled a little."Yes there are trees not as much as here but enough. and im not sure yet where we will stay.."Truthfully he didnt really think about it that far. He figured he would just play it by ear just as he lived his life. he walked and looked up at the moon and could tell it was late.

"...We've brought this world to it's knees, Now it's spread like wildfire. This world is dead so let it die.Shut the ******** up,and let the killing begin"

((im sorry for the short post i have a head ache tonight^^))

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

The the shimmering weapon appeared she was fascinated. "An Angel?" She had to wonder if he was playing a trick on her. "I didn't know Angels were real...just monsters." She said looking him over as if she'd be able to see through a lie. That was pointless, she knew. These beings are far more skilled at trickery than most would given them credit for. If angels existed then why was the world in such a state. Alessa was surprised at his question, though she knew she shouldn't be. She pondered how to word her thoughts before replying softly. "Because I do not fear death." Because your insane. She sighed a the inner voice. She leaned over into the hut a grabbed what appeared to be a crudely formed loaf of bread. Breaking off two peices, she set the loaf back in and offered one to the "angel". "So then if your an angel what are you doing here?"

Tipsy Prophet

User Image
"Come here to me, I'm waiting. Feel the disease, you'll be dying in my arms tonight."

As they walked she hummed a bit, occasionally twirling around. The night was warm and humid but the breeze was cool. Every once and a while she bent down to pick up a wilted flower from the ground and wove it into her braid. The tree's were becoming fewer and fewer and this made her slightly uncomfortable "Hey, Rost what happened to your army did-" She stopped in her tracks. Just up ahead there must have been a path because Vera could hear the sound of horse hooves. With a whimper of fear Veradae shot up into the nearest tree, grasping on with all fours. With most technology long gone some humans started using horses for travel again and nothing vexed her more. Her kind a deep inherent fear of horses most likely more to do less with the animal itself and more with the iron horseshoes.

"Tell me something girl, what it is you have in store. She "Come with me now on the devil's dance floor." Swing a little more, little more next to me. Swing a little more on the Devils dance floor."

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Azi sighed "Most people don't know that we exist, though that was largely by design. Granted there aren't a whole lot of us around anymore, many died when the walls collapsed. Demons have a nasty habit of trying to kill us, and an even nastier one of succeeding." Upon her mention of not fearing death, he frowns and shakes his head slightly A little bit of fear never hurt anybody... your life is precious and you shouldn't be willing to just throw it away. Azi furrowed his brow for a moment, then resumed his characteristic smile. This conversation had been growing too somber for his tastes. That was one of his least favorite things about the current state of things. All the humans seemed to be too somber and weary to want to hold a good conversation anymore. Not like the days before the wall, where most men were far more carefree.

Upon her retrieving bread, Azi took the piece she offered and bowed his head graciously "Thank you very much." he said before breaking off a piece. He raisee his free hand over the the bread, and when he did it started to faintly glow. "No offense, it's just that one can never be too sure when dealing with humans, what with their pension to kill anything not like them... I'm sure you understand." After having purified the bread of any potential toxins, he ate the piece he broke off. It was more than a little bit stale, but still tasty. He eats one more bite before offering the rest back to Alessa. It seemed clear that this is her place; it's also clear that she doesn't have much and he shouldn't impose on her. "It's pretty good. Still you should take the rest... after all I just ate at the tavern"

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

She watched him light up the bread. She understood his need to check it so she didn't say anything. Thinking about what he had said she kicked at the dirt. Life may be precious but sometimes she wondered what she fought so hard for. What she stole for...What she killed for. For this? To live in shack on the brink of falling apart, eating old stale bread and food from the tavern for playing so long that her fingers sometimes bled? You deserve no better. Shut up.

Alessa's head snapped up suddenly to look at him as a thought crossed her mind. "Can you fly!? Do you have wings?" She asked in an excited tone, taking the chuck of bread and throwing it back onto the shelf in the hut. She wasn't really sure what angels even were but when she heard old religious people talk about them they had large fluffy white wings.

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rost

User Image

"I am the disease, To the world I'm the plague of Disaster, and I'll continue to move forward, like a monster. This is the time to destroy everything and never rebuild..."

Rost listened to her humming and was strangly at peace with it. he smiled a little until he heard Vera stop and freak out..he watched her climb the tree very fast..Rost looked around confused holding his katana ready..He heard the sounds of a horse trotting..Rost went up ahead and he steped onto a old road. he saw the faint outline of a horse in the distance. It stoped the rider must have noticed Rost. Rost held his sword ready for anything they may come of this. Suddenly, the horse began a charge. Rost stood still not moveing at all..As the rider came closer he noticed a sword being held out at head level. he was attacking..strange. The rider wore actual armor with a full face helmet. Rost was taken back a little at the sight. When the horse was close Rost bent and hit the horse in the knees causeing the horse to crash to the ground sending the rider to the ground. The rider stood quickly regaining himself as the horse remained on the ground makeing noises of pain. The rider held his stance as did Rost. There was a moment of silence aside drom the dieing horse as they waited for the other to strike first. The rider struck first and Rost blocked his sword as the two swords crashed together. Rost back up seeing the man knew how to use the sword he held. The rider tryed again and rost moved to match his strike for strike. The rider's sword soon went low and struke Rost in the back of the leg. Rost showed now pain and brought his katana high and hit the rider in the neck sending him to the ground. Rost slowly limped over to the rider and with the tip of his katana opened the man's helmet reveling his face. The man stared back showing no fear but a lot of pain. Rost stared at him a moment"There isnt many of your kind left in this world..i will send you to your god as a warrior.." The man said nothing back but he closed his eyes as he coughted blood. Rost placed the katana over the riders heart and pressed down sending the blade through the man's heart killing him quickly. Rost pulled his katana and walked over to the horse who was still crying in pain..He did the same to the horse and it exhaled it's last breath.. he pulled the sword and flicked the blood from its blade and looked around then at his leg which had a large gash..

"...We've brought this world to it's knees, Now it's spread like wildfire. This world is dead so let it die.Shut the ******** up,and let the killing begin"

Tipsy Prophet

User Image
"Come here to me, I'm waiting. Feel the disease, you'll be dying in my arms tonight."

Vera watched what she could see through the tree which wasn't a whole lot. She heard the sound of metal clashing and the horse writhing in pain. There must have been some sort of sword fight. Listening closely she heard Rost say something to whom she presumed was his opponent. Finally the sounds from the horse stopped and Vera jumped back down out of the tree. She could see Rost ahead so she sprinted up to him to see what was happening. "What was all that?" She asked, looking down to see a man in armor. She absent mindedly back away from the horse and the metal armor. It was then that she noticed rost's leg. "Will that heal?" She asked softly, surprised to find there was actually a touch of concern in her voice. She didn't know if demons had accelerated healing. She wondered if her abilities could be used to help. She had never tried before but, if she could make roots grow why not tendons? That seemed a bit risky though.

"Tell me something girl, what it is you have in store. She "Come with me now on the devil's dance floor." Swing a little more, little more next to me. Swing a little more on the Devils dance floor."

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Azi became sheepish at the mention of wings. He looked down at the ground and kicked a rock near his feet. "Well, uh the thing is..." He paused, and acted like he was going to say something a couple of times, but each time not much more than an 'uh' or 'um' came out. After ten or fifteen seconds of this, he sighed and puckered his lips "The short answer to that question is no." He paused for a second more before continuing. Azi was conflicted whether or not to actually share his story or to just try to drop it. But for some reason, Aleesa didn't seem the type of girl to let it just go, especially based on how excited she seemed to get about the idea of wings. [colot=goldenrod]"I lost them back when the wall collapsed. Most of us did. Not that there are many of us left anyway, at least not here. See, I wasn't instructed to stop the wall from collapsing 'per se'. But I also didn't exactly do all that I was supposed to in the whole fight against evil forces thing, which maaay..." Azi stretches the syllable in the word may in a way of somebody trying to get out of some kind of responsibility or deflect blame. "... have contributed slightly to its collapse."

[ooc/] Sorry if I'm taking too many liberties with the whole story... if I am just say so and I can back down from that angle.
User Image▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Xiba looked out into the city. From a distance it looks as if it were a small town. He gripped his sword tightly as he began his walk. It was a slow steady walk he was in no rush for anything. He had reached the beginning of a large forest. Xiba liked the forest it was a calm and soothing place. But this forest was different and at the time was not worried of anything. As he was walking he heard something in a small bush. He had thought that it was just a small animal so he turned around to continue his walk. Then there out of the small bush a wolf had jumped out of it. He heard the growling and looked behind him. At that same moment about four more wolves had appeared. He had looked around him. "No challenge." Xiba whispered and at that same moment he had put his sword Exodus into a battle ready position. As he did this one of the wolves jumped at him attempting to wound him. After that nothing was heard except for a loud whine. Xiba had swung his sword in a large three hundred degree circle. One wolf was left standing. As pointed his sword at the wolf it had then ran away in fear. He then put his sword back over his shoulder and continued his journey. He had reached the city not to long after his encounter. He looked around and had noticed the trees close to the city were mostly cut down. Most likely for building houses and things for the city. His first thing to do was to go and find a place to sleep tonight. The city was actually quite big and had many people. Something caught his eye. A tavern or some sort of inn. He looked at the sign in front of the building. It was a tavern but it must have some rooms available for travelers. He had made his way inside the tavern. His throat was parched so he sat down at the bar. He ordered a specialty drink which wasn't very special. He took a couple sips of it then he thought about how the drinks weren't that good. They tasted like wood strangely then he remembered the trees outside. He put down the drink and didn't pick it back up.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
(First post Success)

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

Alessa picked up a tone of guilt to the angels voice. It didn't really matter much to her. All she has ever known was this world so she felt no sadness nor longing for the old world. Some of the things the older people talked about, stories passed on from their parents about the world before seemed more like a fairytale. Well perhaps that wasn't the best choice in words but Alessa had a hard time believeing in machine that could look past your skin and at your bones and small devices that let someone talk to anyone on the planet with the push of a button. It all sounded like children stories. She turned back toward Azi "So is that why your still here, to fight evil?" As she asked him out of the corner of her eye she saw a rather strangely dressed man enter the tavern.

((no it's fine I like where your character is going.))

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

The smile returned to Azi's face; it never went away for very long. He shrugged at her implication of fighting evil. "I don't know if I'd go that far. I really don't want to fight evil so much as to try and make sure that things don't get too much worse. So I suppose in a roundabout way yes. The world would be boring too without humans around." He turned back towards town and sighed, thinking of the towns of old. It was strange to think that the era of technology was the past. Before the collapse of the wall, all people would ever talk about was the wonders that technology was sure to bring. But after the world as it was known was changed forever, people started seeing even scrap metal as the best thing around. It made Azi long for the books he used to have, a near endless supply of knowledge gone forever because somepeople wanted fire more badly. To him that seemed to be the worst thing lost, almost all of that information of the time literally burned away.

Azi turned back to Alessa. You should probably be getting back to the tavern, lest that old lady chastise you further. Plus, it's getting late and it isn't very safe outside at night anymore. Does the tavern have rooms for rent?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂User Image
Xiba had payed for his drink which he didn't finish and a room key. After he got his room key he went upstairs to go and find his room. When he got upstairs there were not many rooms but there was enough. He found his room and stepped inside. The room wasn't small nor was it large. It was an average room which was just fine. He put his sword next to the bed then sat down. He just needed to sit down for awhile then when he is rested up he can go out. Xiba sat there thinking about if there are any demons in this city that he could hunt. Maybe his father could be here. He put the thought of his father in the back of his mind. "Maybe some sleep will get my mind off of this." Xiba thought to himself. He the laid back and shut his eyes.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

The world would be to boring without humans...thats all you are to them. A joke, an amusement, or food. So entertain puppet... Alessa ignored the inner voice and gave him a small smile when he asked about rooms. She didn't really want to go back but if she didn't she might not be able to eat for the next couple of days. Food was already growing scarce with all of these visitors. "Yes we have rooms but only few, and some are quite tiny." She gave an embarrassed glace toward her hut. "But you'll need to barter for it. They aren't free..." Alessa grabbed her violin, it was old and on the verge of warping from poor conditions She thought about getting a new one but most of the people in this town had never even seen a violin before much less know how to craft one. She nodded for him to follow as she headed back down towards the tavern.

As soon as she walked back in the door a voice from the kitchen "Alessa that had better be you getting back to work!" She sighed at the voice. "Yes madam!" The old lady didn't own the place but you'd never know it by the way she acted. Alessa gestured for Azi to speak with her while she propped up on a table and began to play once more.

Dapper Noob

10,625 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Aislin sat leisurely in a room which laid behind the bar. Most normal people would refer to it as 'The Back-Room.' The bartender would whisk himself between the rooms checking on customers, and then coming back to count the money.

At this time in the society it had become common to accept anything that looked nice or even bartering to get drinks or rooms in the tavern. And so Aislin found himself counting semi-precious stones, ripped bills, bent coins, tabs to cans, and pieces of shiny metal. Needless to say, change was kind of hard to give, and thus change was not given. Almost everything singularly was noted as the equivalent of one dollar.

By this time the bartender had become swamped and needed help, he had yelled for Aislin at least a dozen times. Aislin stood from his stool and walked out to the main room and began to pour ale into cups arranged for the customers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff