Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

"Oh a small room would work just fine, I don't take up much space." Azi walked back to the tavern with Alessa, parting with her once she starts to go in the back. Walking back into the front, he began to look for the old woman who seemed to be more or less in charge. He quickly heard her barking at Alessa again; she certainly didn't seem like a pleasant person to work with. But he supposed that sometimes there isn't much of a choice. Once the woman walked back around the front, Azi approached her and asked about a room.

The old woman looked at him coldly for a second but then smiled what was clearly a fake smile. She probably just remembered that he left real coin for his meal earlier instead of the scrap or bottle tabs that the average patron might use.
"Aye, we have rooms, but not much. Most are booked already. I can put you up in one, but it's already got another man there. Nasty looking man with a big sword. But it's the biggest space we've got for ya. You'd need to sleep on the floor unless you could get that other man to give up the bed, which seems unlikely. I can give ya a blanket for the ground though." Azi smiled at the woman and pulled a silver coin from out of the pouch in his pocket. He handed it to her "This should get me a few nights at least, wouldn't you say?" The woman looked surprised at a real silver coin as if she hadn't seen one in quite some time, if ever (which was probably the case). A distinct look of greed sparked in her eye. Azi could tell that she was going to pocket the silver and just put some scrap or something to the register, but he didn't particularly care. After all, everybody's gotta get by somehow. "You should thank that violinist, she convinced me to stay here for a little while with her wonderful music." While not exactly the truth, Alessa was kind to him and he thought he ought to return the favor if only a little. Maybe the old lady would be a bit nicer to her now. "I'm going to go to my room and get settled a bit, which one is it?" The old lady grumbled and gestured to a room, already back to her frumpy demeanor.

Azi walked towards the room the old lady had pointed to and knocked politely. After all, he didn't want to just barge in if its other occupant were to be in there.

User Image▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Xiba's eyes soon opened to a knock on the door. He got up off the bed while wondering who's knocking on the door. There are not many people who talk to him. He then opened the door to see the old lady that ran the tavern and a more oddly dressed man. The old lady told Xiba of the predicament that he and the man had. She told him that he could sleep on the floor. He then turned around and looked at the floor. The floor seemed to have enough room. He then turned to the the man. The man was small and would not take up much room. He then said. "Yeah i guess he can stay but he has to stay on the floor. I'm not sharing no bed with another man." Xiba didn't usually share rooms but he wasn't going to stay long. "As long as you don't annoy the hell out of me we'll be fine." He said to the man. He gave the man a gesture that he can come in then he sat back down on his bed. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a sliver coin. He threw it at the old lady and said. "Now don't come back unless there's a fire. You hear" The old lady carefully caught the coin as if it were an egg. Then she pocketed it and ran off. He sat there waiting for the man to come into the room.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
(Sorry that i took to long to post i was doing other things.)

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Azi bowed his head politely at the old lady as she turned to walk away and walked into the room, smiling politely at the man already there. Right away he could sense that he wasn't completely human; he'd have to be on his guard tonight. Azi could see why the old lady warned him that man was 'nasty looking'. Between the sword and the general attitude with which he had just spoken to the lady, it's a wonder she worded it that nicely. Nevertheless, Azi knew that he'd have to make the best of the situation. "You probably didn't need to give her that silver. They're pretty rare anymore, and I already gave her one too. Chances are she'll pocket them both and pay the bar in scrap or a few coppers. Still I suppose everybody has to get by in times like this." He bowed politely at the man. He didn't dare shake his hand; even a half demon would probably be able to sense that he was an angel, or at least that he wasn't human, if they were to touch. "I don't mind the floor, the innkeep told me that's probably where I'd end up. I just hope she brings the blanket she promised. I'm Azi, by the way"

Dapper Noob

10,625 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Several people came into the tavern and paid for rooms, meals, and drinks. "Last call for food and drinks. Last call, so come to the bar for your services." Aislin shouted across the tavern common-room.

A few of his usual customers had made their way to the bar and were ordering a few glasses of ale and crumbles of bread wrapped in a napkin or cut of cloth from salvaged table sheets.

Aislin pulled the pitcher from under the bar again and began to pour into the glasses arranged on the bar in front of the final patrons of the day.

By now the sun had set and only a tiny amount of light leaked through a window in the back room and shone into the tavern. It had become quite dim inside. "Somebody light some of the candles!" Aislin ordered to the older lady who worked for him. the same lady most of the customers resented for her since of management. Her false-sense of entitlement led to her "social-demise" if one could call it that.

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

Out the corner of her eye Alessa noticed the young boy who's family owned the tavern come out from the back room. Last call, thank the harvest, She thought with a sigh. When he ordered the old lady to light candles Alessa was quick to jump up and do it in her stead. She needed a break from playing if only for a moment. Grabbing the small piece of flint and a bit of steel from behind the bar she sparked a flame onto a strip of dead dry wheat and used it to light the make-shift candles. After this task was complete she grabbed the violin and walked up to Aislin. "There you go. How are you this evening young Sir?" She gave him a smile, trying to keep a cheerful disposition, but the inner voice would give her a moment of peace as always.Slaves should really know their place. Shut up I'm not a slave. In his eyes you probably are. How does it feel to be bossed around by a child?
Xiba looked as the man bowed and presented himself. "So your names Azi well i'm Xiba. And money isn't a problem for me I came from a rich family you could even say I have to much money so i'm pretty generous with it. Also don't do that bowing s**t i'm not your master or your elder." He looked at Azi. He looked as if he were around the age of his early twenty's. "I've got one rule for you Azi. Don't touch my sword because if you do it will be the last thing you touch." Xiba said in a firm voice. He then looked at his sword. "The sword was a gift from a close friend so i don't want someone running off with it. And trust me i'll know if you try to take it." He then looked back at Azi and gave him a big grin. "Ah who am i fooling you can't pick up something like that." Xiba even laughed a little at that. He knew that someone like him could hardly lift 40 pounds let alone 160. Xiba then wondered where the lady was with the blanket. Maybe she forgot.

Sparkly Smoker

10,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Azi smirked and let out a short fast huff of air. So he's going to be like this. Maybe this night could be fun after all. "You don't say... boy well that thing sure looks heavy. Still, it can't be thaaat heavy." Azi goads him on. "You say you come from money? Well as it turns out, I'm not exactly poor myself" He pulls a gold piece out of his pouch, one of few he has. Still this is a sure bet, the sword can't weigh much more than 175, if that. "I'd be willing to bet this gold piece that I could lift it..." He pauses for effect "...let's say 12 inches off of the ground?"

Azi dramatically slammed the gold piece down on the nightstand in between himself and the bed. If anything this ought to teach this half-demon not to underestimate people based on their looks. While his sword looked well used, the wielder seemed to still be green in the way of this world; almost nothing is as it appears

Xiba was surprise that Azi put up a gold piece to lift his sword off the ground. His sword weighed more than him probably even twice his weight. "Alright kid i'll put up a gold coin as well." He reached into his pocket and found a gold coin in there somewhere. He flicked over to the table next to Azi coin. "Alright you pick it up a foot off the ground and you will be one gold piece richer and if you don't pick it up then i'll win a piece. Are you sure you can do this? You might get a hernia or something." He looked at Azi who seemed pretty confidante. Was he trying to con him out of his money or something. Or maybe the kid has so much money that he can waste it on a impossible bet like this. "Well you ready to lose kid?"

Dapper Noob

10,625 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Aislin looked up once he was done to see that the task he had asked of the lady had been done by someone else. He always tried to reward the harder workers at the end of the week by giving them a little extra scraps, or letting them get free food and ale.

"I'm fine, and even better now that another day has ended successfully. No one has died, we made a bit of prosperity, and we are full. I'm happy to think and to declare times such as these 'good times.'" Aislin said with an oddly chipper attitude. Odd to those around him, but to him it was normal. He found the positive in anything and everything.

Aislin looked across the common-room as it emptied and people left for their rooms, a few people seemed to stay behind. When the rooms were full people would sleep in the booths, and for that he would never charge, he would just ask them to make sure they tidied their rest area and were up and out by sunrise. Not too much to ask in his mind.

"I may as well give up the back room to a few cots or mats." He said with a smile to Alessa before continuing, "At this rate we will have every booth stocked with a sleeping body and down to the floors with those less fortunate to book their room ahead of time."

Aislin reached under the counter and pulled a tied piece of cloth that held bread and then a small flask of ale and handed it off to Alessa. "You can go to bed whenever you like. We are done for the day." Aislin encouraged with a kind smile.

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rost

User Image

"I am the disease, To the world I'm the plague of Disaster, and I'll continue to move forward, like a monster. This is the time to destroy everything and never rebuild..."

Rost starred at the man in armor on the ground and started to think back. He didnt even hear Vera run up behind him. Rost heard her foot steped and turned quickly looking to see his new enemy. Instead he found Vera..he let his arm down to the side seeing there was no longer a threat. Vera's question hung in his head a bit as he thought back to the past"..Havent seen one of these humans in a very long time"he paused and looked at the rider dead on the ground"The only humans worthy to fight demons."he looked back at Vera and then heard her second question..he looked back as his wound which was still bleeding quite a lot. "Yes..it wont be long.."Rost didnt looked concerned much with the wound. He now thought of a question for her"What was the reason for the horse...did you see that man all the way back there?"

"...We've brought this world to it's knees, Now it's spread like wildfire. This world is dead so let it die.Shut the ******** up,and let the killing begin"

Tipsy Prophet

User Image
"Come here to me, I'm waiting. Feel the disease, you'll be dying in my arms tonight."

Suddenly Veradae looked down at the ground. Her face seemed surprisingly embarrassed. Embarrassment wasn't a common emotion among the Fae so she felt rather uncomfortable letting it show. "No..." She started hesitantly "My people have an innate fear of horses. It's rather vexing." She added before turning away to look at the corpse on the ground. He was dressed rather odd and Rost had said he was one of the only humans worthy of fighting demons. "Who was he?" She asked trying to change the subject.

"Tell me something girl, what it is you have in store. She "Come with me now on the devil's dance floor." Swing a little more, little more next to me. Swing a little more on the Devils dance floor."

((sorry for the short post I'm cooking up some dinner))

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rost

User Image

"I am the disease, To the world I'm the plague of Disaster, and I'll continue to move forward, like a monster. This is the time to destroy everything and never rebuild..."

Rost turned and walked over to the horse limping as he walked. Then stood there starring. He almost ignored her question, he nodded slightly"horses are fearsome in their own right i suppose."Walking back to the man he kneeled down next to him and was searching for something under the man;s armor. Rost pulled a necklass with a pendant on it. He sat there silently a moment then looked up to Vera"Demon hunter....from a specfic group. " He placed the necklass back on the man and stood"i have fought them many times..they are very skilled...one has yet to best me" he finally looked over at Vera and limped back over.No one has.."He looked back at his wound. It had stop bleeding and it had scabed over already. He looked up and said"Lets keep moveing..we are almost there...

"...We've brought this world to it's knees, Now it's spread like wildfire. This world is dead so let it die.Shut the ******** up,and let the killing begin"

Tipsy Prophet

User Image
"Come here to me, I'm waiting. Feel the disease, you'll be dying in my arms tonight."

She watched him as pulled the pendant from the mans neck. Demon hunters? Vera had never encountered such humans but then again she wasn't a demon. Though most villagers would happily dispute that she was sure. She looked vaguely concerned as he limped, glancing at he knee that had already begun to heal. When the breeze blew by she could smell the blood on his leg. It defiantly did not smell like any human. It had a strange undertone to it. Smoke maybe? Regardless it made her all the more curious.

When he spoke again she nodded and followed closely behind. Keeping a look out for any more strange humans like the other. "I would say that it was by sure luck that he was able to cut you." She mused, thinking about what he had been saying before about how no human had bested him. Vera glanced at the katana, wondering if she'd be able to feel the souls trapped inside if she touched it. Something told her though that perhaps trying to touch the sword wasn't the smartest thing to do. "The people in this next town must be more advanced than the little village by my forest." They couldn't be far off as paths were starting to become a more frequent sight.

"Tell me something girl, what it is you have in store. She "Come with me now on the devil's dance floor." Swing a little more, little more next to me. Swing a little more on the Devils dance floor."

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

Yes go sleep on the floor like a dog. Alessa ignored it as she nodded gratefully for the drink and food. "Thank you." She sat there awhile debating between staying her or going home to her hut. She wondered what the angel was up to and who the man with the sword was. Sipping slowing on her drink she watched the people as they began to drift off into to sleep, or passing out from too much crudely made alcohol. The ale burned her throat, dry from singing. "Do you think this as good as it will ever get for us?" She asked softly. For Alessa the times of old, of plenty and large homes and magic technologies seemed unreachable. Would it always be such a fight for survival? They had come a long way even since when she was a child but they had a long way to go. Rumor has it that humans won't be around anymore after about fifty years.

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rost

User Image

Rost walked along silently"I wouldnt say more advanced...but they are lucky to live next to a old city though. so most of there stuff is just re purposed old world things." Ahead, towers of broken steel and concrete loomed on the horizion like old mountains. "People like us are not uncommon here so we shouldnt have to hid...though i figure you would.."he looked back at her and smiled. As the walked the road there were more travelers all human. They all stared down Rost like he had the plague or something. Rost didnt seem to be bothered by this. He ignored their very existence. As they walked Rost felt eyes on him and not just the humans. Vera seemed to be starring at his back. Maybe she was just zoned out, but he flet she was thinking about something. Rost turned around to face her and began to walk backwards."You have something on your mind?..."he didnt seem mad or anything more curious what was on her mind. They seemed to be learning more and more about each other on their little adventrue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff