Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
Speaking with: Aldrick. Gareth, and Astaroth

“I like the idea of a Summit, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” Wraith didn’t like the enthusiastic tone of the King, and in the next sentence, he knew why. “Wraith, you, Aldrick, and Cristina Hawke shall go to Noveria. Seek an audience with Queen Brookelle, and if she would be agreeable, seek out this Tristan Volkov and ask that he attend as well. If they are agreeable, they can have a cease fire while we find someplace to have it. Elysia or Acealus as Aldrick proposed…Elysia is nearer, but…Well, we’ll see if they even agree. We shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves.”

Wraith’s stomach sank to the soles of his feet…He was having to go play Envoy…In a kingdom locked in civil war…There were times he wondered if the gods truly did hate him. “As you wish, Majesty. I’ll inform the proper people to have the papers drawn up.” At least he wasn’t suggesting to send Verity…That woman would most likely go and smile to Volkov before burying a dagger in his throat and telling him that fighting with a queen was rude. “I’ll get to that at once…” He bowed to the King. “I’ll see you at dinner, Majesty, Councilman.” He backed out of the office before Gareth decided that Wraith should tour the entire Septenary.

He tracked down the proper stewards and maesters for the papers to be drawn up. Aldrick would work on the actual proposal, but they would need documents of their purpose for traveling. Gareth was right, it did no good to speak to Elysia or Acaelus until they found out if both sides of the civil war was agreeable…He just hoped this would get done quickly…Once that was done and he had given orders for his things to be packed for the trip, he was walking into the banquet hall.

Morgan and Astaroth were there alone, which meant Verity was probably the resolution to the problem of the Assassin and had to clean the blood from herself…He sat down with a grin across from the man. “Evening. Dinner will be started shortly.”

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image

He walked the halls, followed by Cristina, when she asked him a question. "I am from Hackathorn," he answered. "The kingdom North of Valryte, ruled by my brother, King Victor..." He thought that was common knowledge and having to explain it further made him question where she was from. She was only in the castle as a guest, a guard, but not quite one yet over unnecessary actions? Vesper had no idea who or what she was and as long as she wasn't trying to put a dagger in anyone's back, he could care less at that point.

Tabitha appeared around the corner, he slowed and she started to skip toward them. It made him stop completely. He stared at her approach, only blinking when he nodded at her relief of concern over his well-being. She deliver a message, informing him that Cristina was to be his personal guard. He was doubting her skill, but then, he thought of Verity. Perhaps it wouldn't be as he thought. "Thank you, Lady Tabitha," he said. "Why don't you show me what you wanted to earlier? I think we have time before His Majesty is finished with his meeting and dinner is ready." Cristina, he supposed, would be with them for protection.

He offered his arm for her to take. Tabitha led him out to the gardens to show him the fountain. It was something, she explained, that she wanted in their wedding as she picked up a thin piece of metal coated in the bubbly waters of the fountain. She blew some of her own bubbles with it, and Vesper simply agreed it was something they could do to keep from getting too nervous about the whole plan. They stayed some time before someone came to fetch them for dinner.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
With: Everyone at dinner

Why did it always seem that she was constantly taking baths when she was in Valryte? Perhaps that was why Gareth had gotten her the extra large tub…Gods knew he never showed any inclination in joining her for one, so he must just think she liked baths. She shrugged it off. Gareth was now a sore subject. She’d see his expression when he’d realized she was covered in blood…She was surprised he didn’t join Vesper in emptying his stomach in the hall…

When she was sure the blood was as gone as it was going to get from her hair, skin, and anything else- she didn’t think she got in her mouth, but she brushed it thoroughly anyways- she put on a less fancy dress and glared at the ruined bloodstained one that was left for the servants to get. She hoped they could get it clean…She actually liked that dress.

When she was finished, she went to the banquet hall and joined Astaroth and Morgan. They both seemed to notice the change of attire, but didn’t ask questions. That was a relief. She didn’t want to ruin their appetites. Vesper and Tabitha followed, then came Gareth, Wraith, and Aldrick…She didn’t like Aldrick, but she kept that to herself. She just avoided the man…She didn’t want to risk an “episode” that left him with a fork sticking out of his eye. Gareth ordered everyone to start eating and the food was brought out. Wraith laughed when she grabbed the plate of chocolate covered blackberries and put it over her soup bowl…Obviously, she had what she wanted and ignored the rest of the food. She did share with Tabby, but everyone else was out of luck, even Morgan…She’d been told chocolate was bad for dogs, and figured that wolves weren’t different in that regard…Though she did sneak the canine female some extra venison when no one was paying attention.

The dinner was just winding down when a servant came bowing and shuffling in apologizing for interrupting. “This just came for…Well, it says Queen Verity.”

She leaned over the table and snatched the letter that was from home. “Didn’t you say my brother sent ravens?” She doubted he would have abdicated the throne in her absence…He wasn’t that stupid…This was a bad joke on his part and she’d give him an earful for it when she decided to go home…She broke open the sealed letter and read what it said…It was not from her brother…

Quote:
Your Highness,

I…I have no idea how to tell you this but your brother Victor has fallen. He was struck down trying to stop thieves from robbing the Royal Vault, which happened when he fell. You must return to the Kingdom immediately, you are the Queen now. Please, you must hurry with all haste. Lord Protector Creedy is unreachable and Vaughn is still an exile. We need you.

Maester Matchett

Her hand started shaking, which had more than a few people nervous. “Verity? Is everything alright?” Wraith’s voice from right across her. He reached out to grab the letter, but she snatched it away. “Vesper we have to go home!” She jumped up from her seat. “Victor…” Tears started filling her eyes, threatening to fall even as her voice cracked… “Maester Matchett said that thieves were trying to rob the vault and Victor tried to stop him and he was killed…We have to go home.” Wraith gently tugged the letter from her fingers and read it, paling as he reached it to Vesper. “This has better be a sick joke.”

She looked to her brother who was staring blankly at the letter Wraith had handed him before she noticed everyone was staring at her…She couldn’t take it. “I-I-I have to go!” She bolted from the dining hall. She ran through the castle, knowing the quickest way back to her room. She could get to the coast by afternoon if she left now and didn’t stop. She could easily get passage on a boat and be in Hackathorn in a day or two at most. Another day or two of hard riding and she could be home and yell at her brother for this sick prank. She just had to get her bags. She was so distracted by this, she didn’t notice that someone jumped out next to her and grabbed her by the arms. She was so upset that instead of fighting, she collapsed, letting the tears silently fall.

Desirable Poster

User Image
User Image

As dinner started, he smiled. Gareth was pleased that he had been able to solve most of his duties in one day. All that was left was to talk to Amy but, that could be rectified in the morning. He enjoyed the dinner. It was nice having so many people at his table for once. It almost felt like a family. He laughed as Verity took the blueberries and shared them with only his sister and shortly after spoke of how he would approve of the marriage between his sister and Vesper Thornias. Little after that a man came forth with a letter for Queen Verity he immediately thought it a joke from Victor and smiled. The name did appeal him. At the expression Verity portrayed upon reading the letter, he worried and as she shared the news and darted from the room, Gareth stood and ran after her. Having a guess as to where she was going, he took a shortcut and reached her, grabbing her at the arms and watching her collapse in tears. He embraced her softly, running his fingers through her hair and sighing as he felt her body shuddered. "Verity... I am sorry. Please don't do anything rash. You are my friend and, if this letter speaks the truth then, you shall have my help in whatever way you wish. Please don't blame yourself for it is not your fault. I know you. I know you would do anything for your family as would I but some things cannot be helped. I consider you family and I love you." If she had been there instead of here, Vesper, him or his sister could of suffered the same fate. It was a terrible game fate played and it tore at his heart. He hadn't realized he was crying with her as he spoke, for seeing her like this, shattered him "Please stay the night. I would hate to think something will happen to you. It will be safer in the day and I will make sure you arrive safely at Venereia. Please, Verity."

User Image

Desirable Poster

User ImagexUser Image

Location ::: Nightvale, Acaelus ||| Company ::: Sebastian, Atlas

His jaw tensed as Atlas spoke of an arrange marriage between him and the queen of Elysia. For a minute, he panicked before he heard it wasn't real and relaxed. Nothing will disturb him more if he ended chained to a person in that matter. Still, the thought of leaving his family so soon troubled him and the disappointment showed on his features. There was also Andraste to think about but, he knew there was little he could do for now. When shall he be free of his obligations long enough to be with the ones he loved? He was tensed since he couldn't refuse. He had heard little of Elysia except for it's exceptional ruling of the fine kingdom but he knew the story of the youngest queen ever known in history. He wasn't that particularly interested but the tone in Atlas's voice told him he would be there a fairly long time. It all the depended on how long it took to find the answer to the former king's murder which he knew would take a long time.

As Atlas explained why Kelevra couldn't be part of this instead of him, he nodded. "I understand, uncle." he was in deep thought. He knew it was ridiculous to think they will annul the engagement but he still was stupid enough to think it a possibility. Now he knew Andraste's heart was sold but if there was something worth risking everything for, it was her. But that will, again, have to wait for the sake of his duty "I guess we are leaving as soon as possible then..." he said, his jaw ever tensed. He wanted to see his aunt at least.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
With: Gareth

She couldn’t stop them from flowing…Fate was a b***h! If she hadn’t been here, Vesper, Gareth, Tabby, or all three could have been killed by that assassin…But if she’d been home, she might have stopped Victor or the thieves…Gareth’s arms around her…She couldn’t stop her body from jerking with the silent sobs that tore through her. Only pride kept her quiet. She wouldn’t have the servants talking about how she wailed like a banshee, no matter how warranted the death of a King brother could make it.

“I love you too Gareth.” She said…And she did. Before Rochford, she might have loved him as more than a brother, but now…Gareth was a soul brother…They might not share blood, but she’d feel his loss all the same as she would her own kin.

Gareth’s words of comfort…Tore at her though she understood them. He was right…She couldn’t blame herself…Save three or one…It would have killed a piece of her to lose any of them. She pulled in a shuddering breath, trying to calm herself. “I’ll stay the night…” Her vision was so blurry… “My tears are so thick right now, I wouldn’t be able to follow a glowing path anywhere anyways.” She sniffled and scrubbed at her eyes with her sleeve…She had no chance of wiping away the evidence of crying, she just didn’t want her cheeks getting clammy…It was an awful feeling.

She felt tears dampen her hair and looked up to see that Gareth was crying too. She lifted her hand and started wiping at his tears with her sleeve. “Be careful. If we both look a mess, everyone will think that the hells froze over or other such nonsense.”

Desirable Poster

User Image
User Image
Map ::: Saylorhaal, Hackathorn ||| Nuisance ::: Isolde

Vex had been quiet. Obviously. She had watched the king of Hackathorn die with little emotion on her face. She hadn't even bothered to check the body and instead proceeded with the plan of robbing the vault. Royals tended to pop up from places when one died so it's not like it would affect anything... except the gold and she also didn't give a damn about that either. Let Hackathorn rot for a while or forever. The strong will survive and the weak will die or become strong. It was the way of life. The way of her life.

She had noticed that new woman's interest in Rune and thought nothing of the whore, except for the fact that she was clearly a whore and a b***h but she found it amusing how it bothered the witch. Vex had made a habit of playing with the red ribbon, wrapping and unwrapping it from her fingers as she thought. She realized that even if Isolde was a witch, she had yet to show anything besides fear and a paranoid way of keeping herself from Vex. It amused her and the girl was growing on her.

As they set up camp a second time and Ellyena continued to 'treat' Rune's leg, Vex watched the blushing Isolde looking from an obvious distance and, climbing down from the tree she had been observing from, she stood right in front of Isolde, smirking at her face of shock. Yes, she had been careful all this time. Always booby trapping but never really seeing Vex. She looked back to Ellyena and Rune, whom had clearly noticed her entrance and then, in a swift motion, she kissed Isolde. Her lips taking the witch's aggressively and tumbling her down onto the grass. She made sure to be gentle and made sure her hand was under her head before she fell so the floor wouldn't harm her. Vex smiled into the kiss and spread her legs by settling in between her. She stopped the kiss and sighed with a smile, pushing her hair back, looking to her bright eyes before she kissed her again, softer this time. Letting her hand caressed her jaw as she tasted the mint from her tongue.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Emera, Valryte
Speaking With: Verity

Astaroth was silent through dinner, his heart was glowing with happiness with Verity’s answer. When he saw Verity open her letter however, he knew it was terrible news. Her face conveyed nothing but sadness and when she told them the contents… it was as if the world stopped.
Everyone was shocked for a moment, a King had been killed. Verity rushed from the room and after a moment Gareth did as well. Astaroth waited a brief moment and then rose and without a word followed the King. He didn’t have to go far and he stayed out of sight listening to the conversation Gareth and Verity were having.

“I love you too Gareth.” His heart broke when he heard that. He hadn’t been able to hear what Gareth had said but he assumed it was confessing his love to the Princess. He should have known, what chance did a huntsman have against a King. He didn’t wait to hear another word and headed back to the table.

He felt like such a fool, he had put his heart out there for Verity and she had stabbed it. She had lied to him, and he had believed her. When the two came back in he looked at her and said, “I’m so sorry Verity. He seemed like a good man when I met him.” He meant it but also wanted so badly to scream at her.

He would leave tonight without another word, Morgan would be disappointed but they’d go back home to Elysia, where they belonged. He was so embarrassed with himself, he knew better than to trust the nobles…

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
With: No One

“Aren’t they done yet?!” She hissed under her breath, but Chef and Gore only laughed, shaking their heads before the went back to tending the horses. Isolde looked away, trying not to blush, but she couldn’t stop it…She could feel the heat. She was just about to get up to just take a cart and tell the two love birds to catch up later when Vex came out of nowhere.

Her first instinct was to back up, but she was still sitting down. And what happened after that…She was on the ground, staring up at Vex’s thoughtful expression, breathing hard and wondering why she’d involuntarily started to kiss her back before the woman leaned down and kissed her again, tasting the mint on her tongue.

What the hell?! This was not happening. Vex hated her. Called a witch. And had tried to stab her on more than one occasion. Now…It had to be a trick…But her hands where by her head, pushing her hair back…Was the woman planning on strangling her?! Isolde felt her heart slam against the inside of her chest just as Vex’s tongue slid against hers. She was pinned, but Isolde was no stranger to getting on top in a fight, she pressed her knees against Vex’s thighs and shifted her weight, rolling over on top of the woman. Vex grabbed her hair and yanked her down into a kiss and Isolde’s fingers wrapped around the fighter’s wrists and got her hands out of her hair before she sat up, her chest heaving as she stared down at her.

“What the hell?!” She jumped up and took off towards the stream. She spotted several stoned just below the surface of the water, when she ran across them, it looked almost like she ran across the surface of the water in the brook before she disappeared into the trees. She would not be coming out until they left. She refused to!

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
With: Astaroth

She heard something…It was a soft scuffle but it was there. It was enough to pull her together enough to get up and go check. She looked down the corner and thought she saw Astaroth’s shirt, but she could be wrong. “I’m going to go tell Vesper we’re leaving in the morning…That will give him and Tabby some time to say goodbye.”

She wiped her face again and Gareth walked her back to the dining hall. She looked at Astaroth who just had wrong written all over his face…He had his say about her brother and she nodded, but…The only time Astaroth had met her brother had been when he’d exiled Vaughn without proof. No one would call that good by any stretch. “Thank you for the condolences, but don’t lie to me, Astaroth.”

That had everyone tensing slightly. Verity didn’t just call people out… “What’s wrong?” The look he gave her…She’d seen it on people’s faces when she’d had to fake an episode to keep someone from getting killed and they’d never known it…But from Astaroth…

To say the least, it pissed her off. He got up and walked out of the room, Morgan whining before she stopped by the door and barked after him, not intent on leaving him. Verity looked to Vesper. “We’re leaving in the morning.” She told him and stomped off after Astaroth. She did not need this s**t right now. She caught him in the hall and grabbed his shoulder, turning him around. “What is your problem?”

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image

He almost considered jumping out the window and just running into the forest, but decided against it. Knowing Verity, she’d chase after him and do something unspeakable. “I overheard you and Gareth. I guess I should have seen it coming, he’s a King and I’m the unloved son of a minor noble. I’ll stand aside.”

Morgan came padding into view and growled at him, something that had only happened to him three times in his life. He was surprised she wasn’t growling at Verity, she was the one that had betrayed him. We’ll leave tonight Verity. Morgan and I. You have bigger problems than me right now.”

He said his piece and was watching Verity and he had the strange sensation that maybe he had it backwards. She looked both pissed and slightly amused at Morgan's reaction. He braced himself for the inevitable explosion...

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
With: Astaroth

“You’re a ******** idiot!” She screeched at him. It was times like these that she could almost believe everyone when they said she was crazy. She wanted to grab him by his curls and slam his head into the wall and knock some sense into him…But his skull was too thick, it would just make a mess on Gareth’s wall.

“You know there’s a reason they say you don’t eavesdrop! Stand aside? What did you hear to make you think you need to stand aside?! ‘I love you too?’ I do love Gareth! He’s my best friend! And he loves me because I’m his best friend! We’ve known each other since we were kids and we’re the only two people who can look past oddities and see what is beyond them, you ******** moron! He’s as close to me as my brothers! One of which I just lost! You ******** p***k!”

She was actually offended, and the fact he was so quick to step aside… “Go ******** step aside! There’s no wedding in the making except the one for my brother to Gareth's sister you asshat, or do you think I want to sleep with her too?! Why am I asking you?! I’m obviously not worth fighting for!” She turned on her heel in a true high dudgeon that was not by no means a fake one to cover something up. She was pissed at Astaroth’s stupidity. “If I’d wanted to marry Gareth, you wouldn’t have been putting me on my back for the last week!” She threw over her shoulder before she turned the corner. She wanted to slam a door, and the one to her room was the only one that could stand up to her fits.

She looked down to see Morgan panting happily, keeping pace with her angry strides. “Astaroth is an idiot, or I screwed what few brains he had out on the way over here.” Morgan yipped in agreement, her tail wagging merrily.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image

Astaroth felt like an idiot. There were no other words for it, he had made an assumption about the girl that he… well… And now, she was furious at him and Morgan was with her instead of him. He had made a right mess of things and now he had to fix them.

He didn’t return to the dining table, he was sure that everyone in the castle heard what she had screamed at him. Instead he went to the kitchens and inquired what Verity’s favorite meal was and would they please make it, and would the please arrange it to say “I’m Sorry”. They didn’t tell him what it was but in a few hours it was ready and placed under a silver cover.

They asked if he wanted to deliver it and he decided he would. Verity’s room had a window and so he climbed to a roof and carefully made his way to her window. He carefully placed the tray without making a sound and placed himself on the roof, just in case she tried to kill him.

He had learned enough calls over the years to do an excellent impression of a wolf call. He howled into the night air and soon enough he heard Morgan’s answer to his call. Please… Please let her forgive me…

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Night Vale, Acaelus. (Outer Garden)
Speaking With: None

Yet another servant approached him and told him that his mother had need of him in the outer garden. "I'm sorry, Lady Andraste. Breakfast will have to be cut short today. My mother has sent for me, and she is not a woman I would like to keep waiting... Come to my room tonight at dinner." He offered. "I'd like to spend some time alone with you, and I have some news." He had spoken with his father the night before, just after his meeting with Thomas had been called to an end, and he had good news for Andraste that he was eager to share.

Kelevra made his way to the garden, taking in the fresh morning air. The garden always smelled fantastic, but there was something odd about it today. There was nobody else here. Even the guards were nowhere to be seen. Kelevra stepped further in and looked down each isle he passed, wondering if perhaps his mother was crouched behind one of the taller bushes, but it proved to be empty when he finally reached the wall.

"I was called away from my time with Andraste for this?" He sulked, staring down at the ground.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Night Vale, Acaelus
Speaking With: Kelevra

Donovan had served the Queen that night and had learned quite a lot from his time in the halls of this castle. A plan had developed in his mind as the night passed on, one that would easily be accomplished with all of the running about being done preparing for so many people leaving.

That night he left the castle by way of the servant’s entrance and carefully made his way to the inn in Night Vale his companions were staying in. Upon arriving they secluded themselves into one of the rooms and spoke long into the night. Have everything ready. Meet me at the Garden at the appropriate time. His companions nodded and then handed him the small package he would need to ensure the Prince would cooperate.

In the morning he went back to the castle and played his part well, doing everything requested of him. He faked a request from the Queen that Kelevra meet her in the gardens and then made his way to the Outer Gardens. They were outside the castle walls and had minimal protection, it would be a simple matter of taking the Prince once he was out in the open. Kelevra wasn’t there yet when he arrived and the guards were few and far between, this would be easy. Taking a piece of cheese wire he wrapped it in his hands and slowly made his way to one guard. He whistled a slight tune, signaling that it was time.

Nodding politely as if he were simply taking a walk he was able to get behind the man and then using the wire, cut through the man’s neck as easy as cutting cheese. As the guard fell his companions fell as well as his accomplices jumped from their trees and landed on the guards.

“Hide.

They retreated back into the bushes for a time while Donovan himself concealed himself behind a tree while Kelevra walked the isles of the garden. He smiled slightly when he heard the boy mutter, "I was called away from my time with Andraste for this?"

Stepping out from behind the tree he approached the boy as he emptied the poach into his hands. Mirage Powder mixed with Feverform, the boy would be so out of it that he wouldn’t be able to resist. No boy. For this.” He blew the powder into the boy’s face and waited for the inevitable collapse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff