Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Lunatic

arrow Chinatown, a bar

Vintrict

"I didn't ask you where you were from, I asked you what I should call you."

She heard it in his voice, the hint hint, nudge nudge, and didn't seem bothered by it. In fact, her reply was pretty much one large shrug, accompanied by a physical shrug of her shoulders. "I have at least the grace to spend some time with the person who's going to be buying my food. Dine and dash leaves a horrible first impression. I'd like to be able to know you enough that if I'm here some time in the future, I can bum another meal off of you. I think that's called 'networking,' isn't it~?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Onyx's heart rate began to slow. She spent a little time pretending to be looking at the wares when really she was trying to get the color of her vision to come back and for her eye's to focus. Once they did and she felt that she has successfully escaped she had hoped that Leon would make it out alright. They didn't need one anothers help anyways. He'd be fine.

Slowly she started to roam the shop. Inside were a bunch of tools for spellcrafting, make your own runes, burners, occult stuff, books, clothes. She was looking to restock for some of her more basic alchemaic tinctures and potions. While onyx's kessen chu allowed her to be able to heal incredibly rapidly, she couldn't put her other ailments back to stasis that fast. Unless she touched someone and drained their energy then fine. But there were many times she was traveling alone. Times when she couldn't drain a person and draining animals is just...sad! There were a lot of things onyx couldn't do. She needed to compensated with...science. The magic part came from purchasing magical ingredients or obtaining them from the many wonderful friends she had acquired over her years. She had been low on everything.

There were some items of use here to which she bought but nothing that she had been looking for. Still browsing had been fun. Onyx exited back out onto the street. There was a particular shop that caught her attention. She hoped that its name would yeild the things she had been looking for. Entering she was instantly enchanted with it! The store was geared more so to mages and elves. She could have stayed there all damn night. The hour was getting late and they would be closing soon. This was where she purchased the bulk of what she needed. She was told in private that the black market here sometimes had very rare things that might be of interest. She pretended like she didn't know that fact. Onyx hadn't simply thought to look there for what she needed. Surely the black market would have what was so hard to obtain. Tomorrow...she'd try there tomorrow. Ten minutes to close onyx would leave the shop. It was time to make her way to her hotel.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Leontias Métaliene

Before Leon could tackle his teammate, his teammate had turned the gun on him instead. That managed to shoot Leon back into reality, back into the murky streets of Durem’s red light district, the scored streets suffering from the fires of dragon breath, and the male who now had his gun pointed toward his chest. Suddenly The gun had fired and the bullets were lodged into his chest which caused Leon to drop like a sack of brinks in pain, and skid across the ground. Leon stopped just before hitting a nearby wall and attempted to pull himself back up to his feet. It was then that he realized that something wasn’t right? Where was the battlefield, why wasn’t he back on Malmosi Prime, was he ever ******** there in the first place.

Wasn’t much to believe now because for some reason he just plain old couldn’t move. His mind was back to reality, but his body wasn’t responding, something in that bullet must have done this to him. Looking at the man now, it was obvious he was part of the law, most of his weapons weren’t lethal and they seemed to be only used to take them down.

Before he could say anything about that however, a flash of light, and his eyes had suddenly become useless. Smart move, unlike Humans Malmosians were more sensitive to light having not had much of a experience with any sort of sun or the like. He kneeled down attempting to find the source of anyone being there, and with the bullet lodged in his chest there was no was he was going to be able to sense any sort of energy from the man or detect his aura.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

arrow Downtown

+++Dzan was still within the confines of the city wandering about like a lost man. Yet, he felt the change come over the very area. Change that was of a different magnitude. The foul stench of Warp would even waft to him from time to time as his eyes narrowed and he began to walk towards it slowly but surely. The chainaxe in his grip and his backpack on his back. He wanted to find out where this stench was coming from and perhaps even eradicate it. It didn't matter to the Khornate warrior if he, himself, was tainted by the slith. It only mattered that those who dealt with it would die a bloody death at his own hands. Though, unbeknownst to him Damnatus was the same mind. Death to the Chaos Four and death to their followers.

arrow Heading towards the Red Light District

Fluffy Codger

Crystalloid
Trexasle

Officer Kearney never stood a chance. As the huge dragon crashed toward them Kearney never even saw it, he was still looking at Leon and calling for backup on his radio. The result? Death. The dragon crashed right ontop of him, slamming him into the ground with huge force and dragging him at least eight feet across the ground grinding him against the hard concrete and killing him painfully.

This was the fate of anyone on the GPD, they lived short lives trying to protect the city from itself. Thankless, for those in Gaia never had respect for the law and acted rashly so often. His death would be barely be remembered, he would simply die as backup slowly arrived. Likely they wouldn't even arrive in time to stop the dragon, stop the alien. It would show up, investigate, and find nothing.

Officer Kearney had no family to mourn him. It was not the glorious death of a hero, but the death of what most felt was just in the way of their fun. Goodbye, Officer; you tried hard.

[A bit too much on my plate right now to continue the idea I had for this scenario, I apologize. I'm barely able to keep up my with my story roleplay with The Front of Armament. So ism gonna end it prematurely. Sorry!]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Onyx arrived at her hotel. Upon arrival she checked with the front desk to see if Helios had checked in and picked up his key. Nothing. She had to wonder if she scared him off. Perhaps telling him a tiny bit about herself made him run for the hills? Or maybe he got scared of her generosity? Perhaps he felt like she had some kind of dark motive. There wasn't anything she could do.

Making her way up the elevator and to her room her thoughts turned to tomorrows plans. She was going to head to the black market, have a look around and get out of this city for a bit. Inside her room she flicked on the light and tossed her things to the bed. She began to peel off the layers of her clothes getting down to her bare essentials. She slipped on the fluffy terry robe (courtesy of the hotel) and called the front desk for pick up service for the dry cleaners. It had been onyxs only outfit and it smelled like sewer, dank, rusty, gross! She folded everything and set it to the chair next to the door for pick up. Onyx would step into the bathroom and closed the door. Running a hot shower the room would soon fill up with steam, onyx climbed in to wash up. Her plans for the night? Finish her shower, order up some food, take a look through all of the things she bought and maybe watch a movie. She felt safe enough to do so.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

His body was still reeling from the chest wound that the bullet had caused colliding with his chest. His head was throbbing probably because of the shut down of his energy and thus his energy source. He needed to recharge again due to that officer. What was that man’s deal anyway, there was a dragon floating around the area and the first thing he had contact on was him? What kind of bullshit was that? No matter, Leon blinked a few times his one good eye finally beginning to clear up in terms of sight, It was still white alongside the edge of his sight, and his ears hadn’t completely popped yet. He was on the streets again, but there was a nice little flame to them due to the dragon’s fireball, the buildings that were once shrouded with Lights and Neon had lit aflame. The roads were scorched due to the fireballs, and the gravel were uneven, mostly due to Leon’s own act of raising the gravel past it’s point of stability.

Leon spent the next moment scanning the area, then began to breathe in, taking in the scent. His eye went wide, mouth agape and his hands shaking. That wasn’t just the scent of burned wood and plastic. It was also flesh. Humans were burned alive during the attack, Certainly it wasn’t the dragons intention but he found it hard not to get angry for some strange reason. He clenched onto the side of his head, trying hard not to remember his time on the battlefield. This was no time to reimagine that damned scene again. It was simply not necessary. Not now, not yet. He had to focus on something else, something that didn't involve Malmosi. What he was actually looking for, was the Black Matter Converter that he had carried around before the dragon had decided to attack him. It was fire resistant so it probably wasn’t harmed by the dragon’s fire breath. It needed to be around here somewhere.

The Alien placed his hands onto the wall, and desperately attempted to pull himself up. An obvious groan escaped his lips, and his body shook from the lack of energy that he had. The bullets were still in effect obviously and they were going to be for a while it seemed. Digging through all of this rubble and bodies wasn’t going to come easy.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image
                    Location: Red Light District ~ scene ~ Ensemble: Hodge-podge of clothing

Showered, dried, fresh, her clothing was gone by the time she got out of the shower. Onyx tried to do as planned, enjoy her night now that she was safe. However, the well-being of Leon kept hammering the forefront of her conscience. Forbodding wracked her gut even after having eaten. She felt ill in the question. It was the question the drove her. Was he alright? She stood up, sat down, was up again as she tried to decide whether to check on him.

"onyx...I'm sure he's fine. He's a soldier in his own right. He doesn't need you saving him. No hero's remember? Right. No hero's...but friends, that's a whole other honorary system. We Asperians never leave one another behind. How about...you retrace your steps and just iunno take a peek? If he's not there then you can slip away and return to the hotel? He'll never even know that you were looking for him. You can't fool yourself oni. If he's not there you won't be able to help but investigate until you find out where he is! God damn it to rat s**t hell!"

Her inner dialogue went off on her. She growled and went for the door. Opening it she poked her head out. She was still in her robe and had no other clothing. What she had was taken to the cleaners. The only thing she had in her bag like that was a pair of shoes and an undershirt. Her eyes caught a lady with a rack halfway down the hall. It was the lady who came around to drop off freshly dry cleaned orders. Onyx dashed out and grabbed two things off of the rack when the lady entered a room with a few items. Oni darted back into her room. A ladies dress and a mans suit jacket. Fffffff. Onyx put the awkward clothing on and pulled from her bag her boots, undershirt, custom back holster, and the weapons that she normally wore. She slipped on her thigh holster of throwing knives that lay concealed by her dress. She looked so damn awkward!

Slipping from her room, card key in pocket, she took the stairwell down to the main floor. She would exit the side door and stick to side streets, alley's and shadow. It took her a bit to find her way but she made it. God damn it she was freezing! She was shaking like a leaf. Sure she could up her core temperature but she needed to be still and clear of mind, meditate in order to accomplish it. Not useful in times like these. From around the corner of a building she peeked at the scene where the chaos had taken place. She scanned the area using her Chi Spark ability which allowed onyx to see certain things. In people it gave her the ability to see a person's species, presence , and emotions via the way the chi pulses or flux'es. Chi spark is something Onyx has to tap into. This meant that it wasn't a constant thing. Like Flesh, muscle and bone removed, it left a body of lit up veins. Each species had their own color and each individual had their own unique pattern. Werewolves for example looked like frost laced with shimmering sapphires! In random plumes snowflake like patterns revealed themselves all over their body. Simply gorgeous to watch. It was something she could turn off and on by her will. Onyx was looking for Leon. It was the only way for her to do so safely. Things were still on fire. She wondered how long it would be before firemen and other law enforcers would show up. Onyx was rapidly running out of time.

(Slight edit)

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Leon squinted his eyes, the smoke was not only beginning to blind his way through most of the smoke, Well, at least the Law Enforcement that wasn’t trying to attack him now. His hands shaking violently, Leon had begun to move his arm toward the area near his waste where his Axe was. It seemed as if he w as going to have to use it as a crutch again in order to do anything in terms of movement. However, like just didn’t work out that way. He ended up not grabbing the axe; instead, his arm completely shut down along with the rest of his body. His knees buckled from the pressure and suddenly collapsed. He now stood with one knee planted into the ground. At this point it was obvious that the smoke was also starting to make a impact on him, his breathing had become louder as his lungs began to be weighed down by the smoke that had been ingested in. It seemed mostly like this was going to be quite the long sleep.

However, his eyes made out an angel, well, Not exactly an angel. He doubt an Angel would be dressed anything like what the female was dressed as now. He tried to guess exactly who it was but his eyes didn’t want to participate with him and his brain already full of enough ******** that he couldn’t really think about problem solving.

Instead he tried for one last idea. He inched his way toward Onyx and tried to get away from as much smoke as possible. It was mostly in hope that somebody, anybody would notice exactly would notice him. It shouldn’t have been that hard yes. There was the Fire Department, The Police Department, and certainly the EMT’s would be reeling in at any moment now. However his focus was on the horribly dressed angel and the massive amount of energy that she sparked up. Once he managed to get away from at least some of the smoke, he took a breath of fresh air, almost relaxing in relief and let out another scream, this one would be heard throughout he city block. Was it a call to attention? Certainly, but that was sort of the point wasn’t it, certainly he didn’t plan on dying due to lack of energy, not when he literally had to drag his way out of the smokey remains of the fire.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image
                    Location: Red Light District ~ scene ~ Ensemble: Hodge-podge of clothing

Movement. She focused harder. He inched his way, clamoring out of the smoke. It was him. It was Leon but what had happen? She made a movement to run forward but stopped herself. What had happened to Kearney? She didn't see any sign of him just chaos. Onyx flinched hearing Leon yell. She cover her ears for a moment before she went rushing forwards.

"hey! Hey it's me! Don't yell. Oh my God Leon what happened?" her hands were upon him. She motioned to wrap one of his arms around her neck. He needed to be steadied. That was when she noticed it, his chest.

"Leon you've been hit. We've got to get you someplace safe. We have to get out of here now." she was nervous now.

Onyx began to walk with him back towards the route she had come. It was on her way back that she thought she spotted Officer Kearney under some burning rubble. Onyx knew it right there they had to get away less they get blamed for anything that had transpired here.

"I know a place where we can go. I will do my best to help you. I promise." she said in a lowered voice to him. Poor Leon was trying so hard just not to drag his feet. How much blood, energy, stamina, had he lost?

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

“I-It’s not the bullet lass…” Leon wasn’t surprised at Onyx’s strength when she wrapped his arms around her neck and lifted him up, cradling him forward. It seemed that she could usually outstrength him in some cases. What surprised him more was that somebody was actually out to save his a**. Leon would like to think that, for how nice he were to others it was mostly that they couldn’t really stand his distance. He tried for the most part to keep his problems to himself, not really tell others about what was going on with him or how he was doing. Case in point, He told absolutely nobody that he was coming here, not even any of his allies on the Aspers. It just seemed like they would follow, they would become a distraction, and them a burden, mostly to themselves. However, it just seemed that there weren’t as much risk as he expected. At least not for the while.

“I’m f-f-fine, I j-just need some energy-ghhhh.” The alien was beginning to lose sight of the world about him, his sight had begun to blur, and his head was starting to lose track of it’s own weight., He wasn’t bleeding from the gunshot wound; in fact, in terms of actual damage it was mostly done from the dragon. Him falling to the ground after he was shot however, did manage to scuff him up quite a bit. His forehead had begun to draw blood, which was white in color, (which would instantly explain the blush that seem to creep upon his cheek from time to time), a bleeding nose from when he landed face first, and a bruise cheek. The ACTUAL problem that he was running low on his eternal energy, something that was a lifeline as long as he was here on earth. Without his ship having power he couldn’t use a safer method of reenergizing himself. Though maybe if he could reinstall the Dark Matter Generator he should have enough power to go into auxiliary mode, Enough to power the Medical facilities in his ship.

Back to the raven haired female that managed to save his life, Leon chuckled, but it was quite low in terms of volume. He was growing tired, and by this point his body was eating itself in order to keep running, which was a lot more painful than what a mere bullet could do to him. “Thank you Lass…” A Groan escaped his slightly cut lips. “Guess this means we’re even eh?” He tried to move his hand to ruffle his coal colored hair, but nothing, it dropped down as fast as it tried to go up. He was referencing of couse, back on the ship when Onyx had tried to recover from her blindness. Granted he really didn’t want to help since it required him to literally electrocute her, but it was something that he held over her head jokingly for a while.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image
                    Location: En route to Market District ~ Ensemble: Hodge-podge of clothing

Oni saw a bit of blood on his chest and she freaked out assuming the worst in her head. She imagined having to douse him with alcohol and tweeze out shrapnel. She imagined having to stitch him up old school. Needle and thread. Oni had no potions on her. Just the ingredients. She had a room on her ship that looked like a bloody meth lab for all her alchemaic needs. None of that equipment was on her. The best she could probably do is my a salve.

Leon's face was looking a mess though, he claimed that all he needed was energy. Onyx wouldn't allow him to be seen by any authority of course. Things were too crazy.
                    "when we get to the main road take out the street lights to keep yourself afloat. When we get to the hotel I'm staying at...maybe you could sneak to the basedment and drain their generator?" she didn't know exactly how the terrestrial functioned. His painful groans made her scrunch her nose and to try harder to make it to safety.

"Don't mention it soldier. Just focus now. I'm strong but damn. And yeah, even and square."

Ah yes, the reminder of his deeds and of his electricity. Touchy topic there that leon knew better than to bring up in public. He was capable of giving her the right dose as to put her into a euphoric, high. One where she couldn't move, her brain was numb, she couldn't move much either but it felt damn good. He could be her drug. Literally. She pushed that memory, that moment of desperation back. She had to focus too. When they emerged onto a side street she leaned Leon against a street light. She backed far enough away and waited for him.

Omnipresent Poster

04 Spriggan

"Oooos" came from the guys, Hui looked to them as he chuckled along with them.

"She has some spunk," he said in Chinese to his friends, who returned their own sayings in the foreign language in line with this. Her bluntness was clear, which humored them more than insult them. They just took it as a quirk of hers. Nothing to get offended by. Besides, a woman's charm could easily override her rudeness. Hui walked closer to her, carrying the cue stick with him.

"They call me Hui. This is my town, so getting food is not a problem as long as you roll with me."

When he said "his town," he was meaning he was in good with a group to be able to claim such a thing. In chinatown, there were a lot little spots of gangs and such that held leverage over certain areas. And the largest influence of this was the Triads. It wasn't uncommon to find some gangster guys who were in with the wrong crowd. Or in this part of town, they say the right crowd.

"So are you going to give me a little introduction to go off of?"

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

“Y-Yeah that’ll work I guess.” Her suggestion to absorb energy from a street light would have to suffice, He just hoped that nobody was chasing him after all. It seemed that his time in this town had gotten him nothing but trouble. Aarin’s Men were still after him, and certainly after the GPD finds out about the dragon attack he’d be next on their list if he wasn’t already. As much as he didn’t want to think about being on the run, it seems that would be the case for now on. A sigh would’ve escaped his lips, but he was breathing slowly as it already was, and was already beginning to lose consciousness. His vision had bounched from partially visible, to completely dark repeatedly. However, Leon kept himself focused by clenching his fist and trying desperately to get some blood flowing into his brain to keep himself up. However, it seemed that it would be all for naught.

That was Until Onyx had decided to lean him against a street light. It was Dimming, possibly there was something happening nearby that was causing a disruption of power? Well Leon wasn’t exactly sure, but he needed whatever power this Light Fixture had left. So after waiting for the raven haired female to get out of the way, Leon relaxed himself and touched the steel street light, and took in a deep breath. Usually his whole body wasn’t prepped to the metal object. So when he began to absorb the electricity, it bunched all around him instead of just stopping at the arm like it usually did. The current traveled across his body, searing cloth and skin from the body of Leon, the blue sparks flew gracefully across his body and illuminated the skies. It was at this point and view that Onyx would see why Leon wasn’t privy to doing this, the arm of his jacket was completely destroyed by the electrical current around him, said current also began to burn the left arm even more than it already was, and even reopened wounds. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes wide, His energy was certainly not enough to attack anybody, but it was just enough for him to walk about.

Eventually the electricity began to die down. The street light no longer highlighting the brown skin, but instead, it barely made Leon visible as the light had finally ran out of a lead. Leon fell to the ground, on his knees. It would seem along with the tattered jacket and the blue suit that Leon had managed to harm himself during the charge. Luckily, his chest had begun to heave rhythmically, showing that he was allright.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff