Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

User Image
and the night shall be filled with π–’π–šπ–˜π–Žπ–ˆ

and the cares that infest the day

`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’Β΄`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’Β΄

The deck was swarming with preparations for setting out. Delphia had learned from one of the deckhands that they would be setting out tomorrow. The sun was setting and it put Delphia into a music playing mood. She pulled out her pipes and started tooting a quiet tune. Looking around while playing, she found a spot to sit down. She walked over to the pile of rope and sat on it without once stopping her tune. She noticed how the crew reacted to the music. Perhaps she would find a place on this ship after all. Delphia continued playing, and decided to keep playing untill someone interrupted her.

`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’Β΄`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´´¯`β€’Β΄

shall fold their tents

and as silently steal away
User Image
--------------------------------

Halley Lawrence

--------------------

After finishing a leisurely 8 minute shower, Halley threw on her shirt and pants, grabbed the rest of her gear, and strolled into the crew quarters area. Again, without checking to see if any of them were occupied, she walked into one and crashed on the bed. Walking for hours in the burning sun will do that to you, and the shower only made her even sleepier. Whether the ship left now or later was of no consequence to her. She didn't need to be awake for departure, and she assumed not many people would attack them while still close to the docks. If someone was going to gut their ship it would be long after they had lost sight of the harbor. With her mind at ease, she slipped away into a dreamy sleep forgetting to even close the door.

OOC: Sorry, my internet shut off when I was trying to post.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
ΰΉ‘Ϋ©ΫžΫ©ΰΉ‘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

۞ D A N I E LXXXS L A T E R ۞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Daniel headed for the port of Caspius, carrying a large pot filled with a few odds and ends needed for the voyage, including new maps and navigation tools for his new Navigator.

He smiled as he neared The Alameda. It towered over the small port, gleaming with its youth. She was only a few years old, after all. And her insides were well furnished as well. He couldn't have asked for a better ship.

He looked behind him, watching people give him suspicious looks as he neared the ship. He glared right back. They all had seen him before. As a very different person.

Slate.

He shook his head furiously. No. Never again. He couldn't. He wouldn't.

He almost ran up the plank to The Alameda's main deck, and he heard the sounds of the crew shouting, lifting cannons, lowering cargo, and the like. He walked into the Dining Hall and deposited the large cooking pot. He then wrote a note for Crissa.

Here you are. Enjoy.

-Daniel

He paused before drawing a small gear with wings, his insignia.

He headed for his quarters to deposit the navigation tools and plot the voyage.

Utena Ido's Husbando

Malevolent Warlord

16,150 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Divorced 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
User Image
Π―ΙͺΙ”ΚœΙ’ΡΙ— ӍɒɔϻΙͺΚŸΚŸΙ’Ι΄
The Gunner of this Big Ship Thing

Richard sat within his standard-sized room, fuming over what had happened just earlier that week. The former bounty hunter had been following his quarry for a long time, and had finally caught up with the thief just as he was boarding the gangplank leading into the ship that he now resided on. Richard knelt to the ground right there, and, while in the middle of the street, took aim with his rifle and shot the man off and into the water. There was a pretty large bounty on the man's head, and the idea of him dead or alive didn't change anything. It probably made the village that hired im all the happier, knowing their tormentor was out for good.

The rest of the story was less than thrilling, after that point. Richard had been cornered by the captain of the ship his prey had been boarding. Apparently, there was some law that stated that criminals weren't fair game after they join a business, or something like that. So Richard had to make the decision to go to jail with a hefty fine that he couldn't use his bounty to pay for, or, as punishment, join the crew of the Alameda as their gunner. The choice was obvious right? So now he was sitting on his comfy bed, bored out of his mind, and just itching to kill someone. Feeling like the room was getting way too stuffy, and since he was still bored, Richard stood up from his bed and walked out of the room, wishing to do anything.

While making his way through the still maze of halls, Richard grabbed the nearest servant by the neck of his shirt and pulled him close. "Tell me where the main deck is," he ordered. "Y-you didn't s-say please," the naive servant said, failing at sounding tough. "You're right, I didn't. Now just tell me before I lock you up somewhere dark." After getting his directions, Richard made his way, and arrived onto the top deck. He breathed some fresh air, and took a look at the crew around him.

On one side of the ship, there were a few deckhands preparing for their departure. On the other side, there was a group that was staring at one point on the deck. Richard moved forward, trying to get a view of what was distracting them. What he saw was a woman, or girl, he couldn't really tell how old she was. She had nice, smooth green hair, and she was playing majestically on the pipes on her lips. When it seemed that there was a pause in her music, Richard spoke aloud, "That's some pretty music, Miss. You make a living outta that?" Immediately there were some shh's from the deckhands around him. Richard turned and glared at each one in turn. "You're supposed to be prepping this boat for take off," he said. "How about I just go tell Slater that you're goofing off instead of doing your job?!" At the mention of the captain, the crew, reluctantly, went back to their duties.

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

ℭrissa β€’ β„Œο½ο½Žο½Œο½ο½ƒο½‹
γ€β”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆγ€‘
ϲσσκ

Crissa reached the top of the deck and took a deep breath of air. She smiled nervously as a few deck hands rushed past her carrying boxes. Crissa looked around the deck and spotted a woman playing some sort of instrument. The sound was beautiful. Crissa made her way towards the people who were watching the woman and stood there. Crissa watched just as the others did. Her smile was less nervous now. After only a moment of listening. Crissa swore at herself. She grabbed the hem of her dress and held it close to her body as she rushed back inside of the ship.
'How could you forget about dinner?'
Crissa scolded herself as she made her way through the halls. She bumped into a few people, but only slowed long enough to apologize for her rudeness. Crissa stumbled into the doorway of the dining room and let out a sigh sigh and released the hem of her dress from her grasp. She straightened her apron and then looked over at the table. She saw a huge pot and grinned. She walked over to it to pick it up but saw a note inside. She unfolded the paper and shook her head as she read it. Crissa laughed as she slid the note into her pocket.
Criss then picked up the pot and headed back into the kitchen. She placed the pot on a counter and went over to the stove. Crissa lifted the lid and inhaled deeply as the aromas of the stew flooded the kitchen.
Crissa stirred the stew and then grabbed a pen and paper.

Captain.
Dinner is ready. However, help setting the tables would be nice.
And thank you for the new pot.

Crissa signed the note with a budding rose and then slipped the note into the chute. She closed her eyes as shut the latch and smiled when she opened her eyes and the note was gone.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
occ//- - //
word-ο½ƒο½ο½•ο½Žο½”//- 325 - //

β—† T H O M A SXX☸XXT H O R N β—†

β‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Ž

User Image
Thomas had gotten a letter that requested he be the mechanic for the Alameda. It was urgent, but he didn't need to prepare. He had very few things to pack. He hooked himself up to his mech suit and carried a bag full of cigarettes and a strange foreign fruit that Affen liked. All his tools were kept on his person at all times. Affen slept with Thomas and usually stood on his shoulder or slept in his tool pouch. Affen currently was asleep in Thomas's tool pouch. He stepped out of his small apartment rather briskly. The dockside was frequent with the daily bustle as always. He could hear the yelling and the sound of crates breaking and being unloaded. He could smell the odd scent of the shifting sands, the closest thing to an ocean he would ever see. it did not bother him though. He took out a cigarette and brought out his lighter from his left pocket. As he lit it he made sure Affen was in the pouch still. He didn't like to smoke near him and if he did he made sure not to allow any smoke to travel toward little Affy. He didn't really like smoking that much at all, but it kept him from freaking out too much when he messed something up while working on machinery. When he finally made it to the Alameda he started to cough. That wasn't good for his artificial lungs. He forgot to clean them out before he made his way over. It was too late now, the ship could leave at any minute. Thomas slowed down his pace and climbed on board. It was a very nice ship, but he didn't know where his workstation would be. He stood on the deck and examined the city. Who knows how often he would see a place like this. Everything was calm in its own way. He took in a deep breath of smoke and exhaled it through the left side of his mouth.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
ΰΉ‘Ϋ©ΫžΫ©ΰΉ‘

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Daniel looked up from his papers to find a note in the chute in his office. He picked it up and read quickly, then proceeded to leave his quarters and enter the Dining Hall. He began setting napkins and silverware on the massively long tables. After a half hour of that, he walked back to his quarters, then twisted a small brass knob on his desk. Another small tube twisted up out of his desk and opened.

"Attention all crew members. Dinner is ready. Proceed to the Dining Hall and eat quickly. We set sail in twenty minutes! I repeat. Twenty minutes until shove off!"

His message was sounded all over the ship via a twisting network of tubes to each room in the ship.

The crew on the Main Deck instantly left their posts and ran like a crazed group of boy students, shouting and laughing to the Dining Hall, sliding down the seats with trays.

Daniel walked back into Dining Hall and began serving the rowdy mass of crewmen alongside Crissa. As each of them received their fill, they began remarking on the meal.

"Damn, this is good!"

"Ma's potata stew ain't got nothin' on this!"

"Woowee!"

Daniel put his hand on Crissa's shoulder respectively, then walked back to the Main Deck, watching the sands roll across the expanse of Sparonis. Twenty minutes until they would reach the Rune Field, and view the Celestial Skylights. He would show them what Sand Sailing was all about...

He turned to find Thomas Thorn, the Mechanic, standing on the deck, looking about, "Mr. Thorn!" Daniel said, stepping forward and bowing, as per usual. "Captain Daniel Slater. Aloow me to show you your post. You're just in time for dinner as well."
✴✴xx☾x❆x☽xx✴✴

User Image

ρєʀsєρнϕɳє Π½aΚ€Ο„Ι¨s

Persephone sighed as she gazed across the wasted land. It was desolate, but it had a tragic kind of beauty. She couldn't wait for the ship to set sail.

All day she had been cooped up in her office, calling in crewmen who could spare the time for a physical. With sufficient information on most of the crew, Persephone decided that this would be a good stopping point.

Map in hand (she didn't actually need it anymore since she'd memorized the entire document), Persephone soon found herself on the observation deck. The smell of the sand and the sun reminded her of her arrival in Caspius. She remembered her life before leaving for the city, but everything after that was gone. Some would be thankful for the loss, but not her. It was frightful to lose all that time.

Persephone would have loved to stay and wonder at the land, but a combination of heat and hunger drove her into the ship towards the dining hall.

She ate quickly and quietly. As a doctor, she was good with people. As a person...Not so much. After dinner, her heels clicked softly and echoed through the hall as she wandered about, making herself familiar with her new home.

Invisible Streaker

User Image
Xeno (13/XIII)
β—‹-β—‹-β—‹-β—‹-β—‹-β—‹
__________Alameda Navigator__________

The quiet cry of a red-tailed hawk went unnoticed by most anyone at the port, mostly because neither the hawk or the teen who the hawk was perched on was down by other people. The slightly odd pair were on top one of the shop rooftops looking toward the ship they managed to get work with. Xeno knew that he should go in and get settled..maybe even help out, but he was still trying to get over his uneasiness around strangers.

From the looks of it, it wouldn't be too much longer before they left, so with a silent sigh he jumped and flew the short distance to the ship..avoiding the normal manner of entering the ship and literally dropping in on the deck as his wings gave out.

Xeno glanced between the few people that were there..one he recognized as the captain, but only nodded to him and the other man that was there. Nix landed on his shoulder and squawked it's version of a greeting.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
ΰΉ‘Ϋ©ΫžΫ©ΰΉ‘

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Daniel turned around at the sound of a loud thump, and he was met with his new Navigator. "Ah, Mr. Xeno. Glad you could make it. We were just about to set off. But first, would you like some dinner. It's in the Dining Hall."

User Image
Thomas turned around and threw his cigarette off the deck and into the sand below. He looked at the man. He was young for a captain. In fact, they were probably near the same age. He ignored the other guy for a second. Thomas chuckled a bit." I'm glad somebody found me, I can't find my way around a ship." he coughed a bunch afterwards so he closed up the mech suit helmet. It allowed him to breath better. He waited for Daniel to show the way. He was starving. The navigator looked very fitting for his post. He liked the hawk, such a stunning animal. Affen was just now starting to rustle awake.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
ΰΉ‘Ϋ©ΫžΫ©ΰΉ‘

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Daniel smiled and nodded. "Of course. Oh, and try to keep from smoking below deck. Air's a little hard to circulate down there. Please, follow me to the Dining Hall." He began walking down the stairs below deck motioning for the two gentlemen behind him to follow.

Invisible Streaker

User Image
Xeno (13/XIII)
β—‹-β—‹-β—‹-β—‹-β—‹-β—‹
__________Alameda Navigator__________

Xeno blinked and tilted his head, that was something he really wasn't used to. "Uh..just Xeno is if fine Sir.. Mister sounds weird." he said to the captain, though his gaze was slowly shifting to look at the armored man. His last crew and 'family' didn't have that much armor surprisingly, he'd seem hired guns with suits, but never went close to one.

His lone amber eye shifted back to the captain as the man turned to head to the dining hall, "Dinner.. So that what you smelled brother?" he mused as he glanced at Nix, who made a quiet squawk once more to confirm what Xeno said. The teen glanced curiously at the man in the suit as he followed after the captain.

✴✴xx☾x❆x☽xx✴✴

User Image

ρєʀsєρнϕɳє Π½aΚ€Ο„Ι¨s

With a fortunate stroke of luck, Persephone found herself sharing a hallway with the Captain and what she assumed were the last of the crew. "Ah, so I do have some luck left. I was hoping to run into you, Captain." She smiled, but knew that physicals weren't something most people were happy about. "In order to do my job to your expectations,I need completed physical exams from all the crew. Taking your warning into consideration, I think it's best that there are no surprises left until the worst possible moment."

She slowly continued down the hall. "So if you would inform everyone who has not been down to the clinic, I would be very grateful."

((OOC: Don't worry, kids, it's not that kind of examination.))

User Image
Thomas followed behind. Daniel would never have to worry about him smoking below. Cigarette smoke was something nobody should ever inhale. Thomas tried to keep the few coughs he had silent, but one or two slipped out. They sounded hollow inside his helmet. He had doctors get in his fave about smoking. Not many people did it as much as they did in the past. They walked for a while. The ship was truly amazing just based on the size. The things this kid must have accomplished to get something like this.... Affen scurried up to Thomas's shoulder all of a sudden. He made his usual chatter and rubbed up against his shoulder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff