Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Nymph

User Image
A smile can change the world if you let it...

Canaan winced under his helmet and grit his teeth as his small corvette bounded over a sand dune and came to an abrupt and uneasy landing. It had been nearly three weeks since he began this scouting assignment, and he wasn't sure how much more he could report on the city of Caspius. The fact that he was still out here was enough to set him in a bad mood. His superiors had repeatedly told him that he still lacked the full information that they required, citing that his reports were incomplete. Three weeks of mapping the surrounding area, had still not yielded anything but cargo freighters, and Sand Surfers.

The young soldier slammed his fist into the control console to his right and cursed "There's nothing else to see out here!" he hissed and glanced at his radar. A small pip appeared and he smiled "Maybe if I kill something I can take my mind off this nonsense..." he added and turned hard to port and pulled the loading lever of his corvette's dual 3.5 inch guns.

Flipping up the aim-sight, Canaan began to lead his target, a Sand Surfer, and depressed the trigger. A lightning crack shattered the still air as twin bolts of hot lead struck home, nearly causing the small vessel to keel over. Canaan pressed his immediate advantage as the smaller ship began to lurch slowly away, leaking black smoke.

A moment later Canaan's faster Syndicate corvette had closed the distance, and he unloaded another round into his target. Finally the Sand Surfer caught, Fire peeled across it's hull as the 88mm rounds tore through its decks. With the enemy vessel decommissioned for good, Canaan moved in to get a closer look, and possibly find any survivors.

As the soldier pulled to the starboard side of the downed vessel, he opened his canopy and stood, allowing the momentum from his engines to guide the ship along his intended course. He Canaan disembarked from his own ship and surveyed the deck of the Surfer. Two deckhands had died in his final attack, one had been disemboweled by one of his cannon rounds, the other was horribly burned. He smiled under his helmet and moved aft, kicking in the rear-deck door to the lower deck when he arrived.

A young, and badly burned, raider charged up the stairs as Canaan entered the lower deck hall. He easily dodged the raider's clumsy attack and countered by driving his knee into the man's gut. Soft mechanical whirring and the sound of metal rapidly moving across wood filled the halls as Canaan closed on his victim. The raider sputtered and reached for his weapon, a small belt knife, and yelped loudly as the Syndicate soldier grabbed him by the shoulder and slammed him into a nearby bulkhead.

The smiling, faceless helmet stared back into the raiders eyes for a moment before Canaan sighed "Its a funny thing, you know..." he began and raised his left arm, the short whip in his gauntlet rising like a cobra "I'm going to kill you, but nothing will change." he finished as the tip of the weapon began to glow bright white. Wordlessly, Canaan dropped the man and forced the injector tip through the raiders eye, causing deep grey smoke to billow out of the mans mouth and nose as he sputtered incoherently.

Canaan, leaving the man to his incoherent babbling as the small piece of White Phosphorous burned through his mind, began examining the cargo room. Here, another raider attempted to get the jump on the soldier and succeeded, slamming a crudely-made wooden club into the back of the heavy carapace that Canaan wore.

A moment later the Syndicate soldier had drawn his blade and forced most of it down the raiders throat, before leaving the man to collapse as Canaan busied himself with the two small crates in the room.

The sound of a larger Steam-Ship's engines reaching max throttle drew the soldiers attention and he glanced up. Cursing lightly, Canaan retrieved his blade from the raider and dashed up the stairs back to the main deck. In the distance he caught a glimpse of a much larger vessel than a simple Sand Surfer's Skiff.

Sheathing the blade, Canaan returned to the cockpit of his corvette and closed the canopy. The engine cycled a few minutes after he reactivated the engines, and pulled away from the skiff. Muttering quietly, the soldier opened his full throttle and sped across the dunes after the larger ship. Canaan then realized that he had no idea what this vessel was armed with, and slowed, diverting his course away from the larger ship "Soon enough... I'll just tail you for now..." he muttered and diverted course again. Appearing to be leaving the larger ship to it's own devices, Canaan made his way back to the Sand Surfer skiff before looping around and following a high-road across the dunes. At a much slower pace this time, making sure that he was just outside of Radar or Sonar range. Although visual identification might still be a problem, Canaan hoped that his loop around would give the other ship time to forget he even existed.

During this time Canaan pulled a map from the small case under his seat and unrolled it across the control console, and began charting the course. If the larger vessel maintained this course it would soon reach the Rune Fields. Canaan sighed and leaned back in his seat, confident that his own ship needed no attention, and closed his eyes losing himself in thought as his corvette tailed the target ship at a reasonable distance.

... too bad I'm not going to let it...

((OOC: I felt there was a queue for me in an earlier post, If there's any thing wrong though feel free to PM me, I have to wake up in four hours, so my mind isn't really "all there" so to speak...))
User Image

╭----------------Ȱ----------------╮

Halley Lawrence

------------

The captain's loud announcement over the pipes woke Halley from her nap. She caught the last bits and couldn't help but criticize. "What is this, a vacation?" She closed her eyes again hoping to sleep the rest of the way, but a loud boom interrupted her. She knew exactly what it meant. Combat. Her heart started pounding. Not because she was afraid, but rather that she was excited. She actually hoped it was the Blackshade thugs. It was the entire reason she accepted the job.

She quickly suited up and holstered her weapon. Heading up to the bridge, she heard a second boom echo and could feel the engines rev to full power. The tense atmosphere was only adding to her adrenaline. Before making it to the bridge she took a detour to the deck. There she scanned the horizon for the enemy. She felt disappointed though. They were moving away from the pillar of smoke and fire. She rushed over to the helm where the captain was standing. "Dan! Why are we running? Turn this boat around and fight them head on!" The thought of missing a chance to capture and interrogate some Syndicate goons had her steaming. At the very least she could blow one of their ships to bits for revenge sake. For her, it was full scale war between her and the Blackshade Syndicate, and retreat was not an option.

OOC: Got the picture working, finally.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
๑۩۞۩๑
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

۞ D A N I E LXXXS L A T E R ۞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Daniel ignored Halley for the moment, shifting farther away. "No," he said firmly, clicking the wheel into position before turning to face her, dropping his face shield. "You never ever fight Blackshade when you can help not doing it. Especially when you're sailing on a Sand Ship."

He looked over the dunes and narrowed his eyes. Being an ex-Architect, he knew exactly what any Blackshade Architect would do if they saw this ship. Follow it. Though he didn't see any at the moment. He was hoping to be off-guard during this voyage, but it looked like it wasn't going to happen.

He pulled his face shield back up, and continued steering. "And next time, Ms. Lawrence, you'll do well to remember who's giving orders around here," he said lightly.

Beloved Lunatic

User Image
and the night shall be filled with 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖈

and the cares that infest the day

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

Delphia knew that Xeno was trying to distract her from thinking about being inside. Though it was unlikely to work, she smiled. It was a nice gesture. "There's no where I really want to go," she said in answer to his question. "But the legends of the Crystal Springs always intrigued me." Talking did seem to take the edge off the claustrophobia creeping into Delphia's mind, but she wanted out of the confining space below decks. "How about we go up to the main deck?" she asked, hoping the boy would oblige.

shall fold their tents

and as silently steal away
User Image

Halley Lawrence

------------

Halley could care less who was in charge. Anyone that stood between her and a potential lead was an enemy as far as she was concerned. "If they are Blackshade then you can bet your fortune they know we're here, and they are either following us or they'll be waiting for us at the rune fields. Instead of walking into their trap, like everyone else does, I suggest we take the fight to them and get to take the first shot. When's the last time you heard of anyone attacking the Blackshade directly? Never, everyone runs. With any luck our uncharacteristic attack will catch them off guard."

Even though her rebuttal was just an excuse for her to board the hostile ship and wreak havoc, her words were not lies. She had fought the Blackshade Syndicate many times and had learned a few of their operating procedures. She knew what kind of technology they had, and how it was used. If they wanted to win a fight against the Blackshade they would need their enemy to fight on their terms.

OOC:

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

ℭrissaℌanlock
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
ϲσσκ

Crissa stood in her room. She was in her usually outfit; a maid dress and an apron. She slipped on her little black boots and walked out of her room. Crissa placed her hands in her pockets and let out a soft sigh. She closed her eyes for a moment and then made her way up to the deck. Once at the deck she walked over to the edge and leaned on the rail. Her hair flipped in the wind and she smiled even brighter.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
occ//- Pathetic post. D: - //
word-count//- 85 - //

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
๑۩۞۩๑
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

۞ D A N I E LXXXS L A T E R ۞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Daniel sighed heavily before clicking the wheel in place and turning to face Halley once more. "Ms. Lawrence, I can see you're adamant about this, and deductive reasoning states quite clearly that the reason for this is because you and Blackshade are not on agreeable terms. If that's the case, welcome to the club. Everyone on this ship has a fight to pick with Blackshade. I would be lying if I said I didn't care about your problem, and whatever they did to you or your family or friends, I am sorry."

His eyes flashed a deep gray, and Slate took over. "But your personal quest for revenge will not forestall my judgement. An attack on them will get everyone on this ship killed. You, me, and all the other innocent souls aboard will be slaughtered and tossed into Shipscrap Canyon quicker than you can say 'oops.'"

His fists were clenched now, but his voice remained steady. "I know more about Blackshade Syndicate than you think Halley, and an ambush is precisely what they're asking for. It just makes things easier on them. Steam Ships are much more armed than Sand Ships, and we'll be blown to pieces before they even see us."

He looked her over quickly, his eyes turning a soft brown. "And you honestly expect me to continue to The Rune Fields after I see that?" He shook his head. "You've got a lot to learn."

He left the wheel and walked to the rail on the other end, watching the dunes pass by. He saw Crissa leaning on the other rail. He smiled at her, then turned to watch the passing brush.

Invisible Streaker

User Image
Xeno (13/XIII)
○-○-○-○-○-○
__________Alameda Navigator__________

So his attempt to distract didn't work..oh, well.. he did wonder about the Crystal Springs she mentioned. His last family mostly focused on just business, which meant the same few cities and the same few clients, the one trip to the Rune Fields had been an exception. Xeno didn't know many legends, maybe he'd ask the captain later..

When Delphia asked to go up on the deck Xeno nodded of course, "Sure, Nix wants to wings anyway." he did too, but Xeno still was a bit nervous about really showing them. The captain already knew when he hired him...that engineer guy probably saw because of his landing..but after that he'd kept his wings folded tight on his back, sort of looking like a strange backpack of sorts. His sword was right against his back under his wings, but at first glance, thanks to it's handle design and sheath, it looked like an old rifle.

Xeno got up and quickly put his try by the other used trays, then came back and held a hand out to Delphia, "Let's go then." he smiled, Nix happily still perched on his shoulder.

◆ T H O M A SXXXXT H O R N ◆

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

User Image
Thomas had been tweaking things all day. The previous mechanic must have known nothing about machinery. He spent a large amount of time in the engine room. Recently he had been moving large parts and replacing them with his mech arms. After a quick rest and a shower he went up through the dinning hall to see what was going on. Affen was awake now and could be seen on his shoulder. He went to the main deck where he found some room to see how his mech arms were functioning. He did some punches and quick movements to check how fast the reaction time was. It was spot on. He continued his maintenance check with his helmet closed.
User Image

Halley Lawrence

------------

It was obvious the Captain wasn't going wasn't going to change his mind. Perhaps he was more stubborn than her. The trip was not going to be as enjoyable as Halley's first impressions lead her to believe. Before leaving the bridge she attempted to get the last word in their futile argument. "You're a real sleuth there Captain. Almost everyone that isn't with those villains is on bad terms with them. It doesn't take a whole lot of brains to know that."

She paused for a second before making her final remark while she glared into his eyes. "If you know so much about the Syndicate then you should know that you can't keep running." Her words were unintentional, but perhaps spoke more intimately towards the Captain's past. "Sooner or later, they will catch us, and when that happens all that innocent blood will be on your hands, not mine."

Visibly frustrated, she opened the door to the desk and strode out towards the bow. Her expression was fiery and she ignored everyone aboard the deck. When she reached the front of the ship she stepped over the rails and straddled the bow spirit. She unzipped her magitech suit and let it hang around her waist. There was a good wind at the front, but Halley couldn't help feeling down. She was now trapped on a ship with a death warrant and helpless to do anything except wait.

OOC:

Utena Ido's Husbando

Malevolent Warlord

16,150 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Divorced 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
User Image
Яɪɔʜɒяɗ Ӎɒɔϻɪʟʟɒɴ
The Gunner of this Big Ship Thing

Richard had sat there, on the main deck, until the girl playing the pipes left to go eat dinner. Richard sighed and leaned back against the rail of the ship. He didn't feel much like having dinner. He was too busy brooding over his current situation. He was forced to sail on this ship, as a gunner of all things, and who even knew when he was going to be needed. Richard sighed one more time and laid his head on the pile of rope that the girl had been sitting on before, and tried taking a nap.

The hunter was gently jostled awake by the movements of the ship. He felt the change in direction, and he looked around the main deck to get an idea of what was happening. In the distance, there was a ship chasing down another, smaller, sailer, and it seemed that the Alameda was running away from the pursuit. Richard stood up, shook himself awake, and then he felt like paying his dear captain a visit.

Richard shuffled his ways across the deck till he found Daniel Slater leaning on a rail next to the helm. Alongside him was a women that he didn't think he'd seen before. The two seemed to be arguing. Well, Richard just might have to break that up. But before he could speak, the woman brushed past him, out onto the deck. Maybe he didn't have to interrupt anything, anyways. "Captain," he grumbled, "what's with the change in course. I thought we were on a straight route to these rune fields, or whatever... What are those two ships over there?" he asked, gesturing towards where he'd seen the sailers previously.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

User Image
Thomas built up a bit of sweat while he was working his mechanics. He unhooked his restraints and took the machine off. He saw a woman walking towards the bow. He knew that walk, she was angry. He walked in the direction she went and came up beside her. He noticed a magitek logo around her waist. He hadn't seen one of those in a while. " I would ask you what was grinding your gears"he chuckled a little and so did Affen while he was sitting atop Thomas's shoulder." But you seem to be more of a magic user."
he said with a sly smile.

Beloved Lunatic

User Image
and the night shall be filled with 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖈

and the cares that infest the day

As the boy extended a hand toward her, Delphia smiled and gladly took it. As soon as she was standing though, she took the lead, practically dragging Xeno behind her. But it was a gentle sort of dragging, like a big sister taking her younger sibling around town.

Up on deck there was less going on then before dinner. Most everything was in place, and the ship was now in motion. Delphia felt good being out in the open once more. "Ah, that's better," she said to Xeno when the wind hit her face. She let go of his hand and took a few steps foward. Suddenly, Delphia felt like playing a lively tune and dancing. But she held back the urge to do that just yet. The crew looked tense. She wondered why that was. "I wonder what eveyone is looking so solemn about..." she said aloud. There she went again, being terrible at keeping her thoughts inside her head. She'd have to work on that.

shall fold their tents

and as silently steal away
User Image

Halley Lawrence

------------

Halley only glanced at the guy next to her. She wasn't in the mood for chatting, and she had always been bad about sharing her feelings with others. Instead of acknowledging Thomas' observation that something was irking her she chose to deflect the conversation towards the later remark he made. "Yeah, and a damn good one at that. I'm guessing you're more a grease monkey." She quipped while keeping her dreary expression. It was an obvious pun directed at the fact that Affen was sitting on Thomas' shoulder.

OOC: I'll probably be going to bed here soon.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

User Image
Thomas laughed heartily and Affen chattered nervously. That was his favorite pun, but Affen never really liked it. He enjoyed it when people made funny comments when in obvious bad or dreary moods. He wasn't too much of a joker but he couldn't stand it when people were emotionless. He was friendly and usually got along with everyone." I guess you could say that. My name's Thomas. I am the mechanic of this fine vessel" He said with a fake fancy accent. Then put out his hand for a handshake.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff