• Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Stella Astrum
Model Citizen

When once our heav'nly-guided soul shall clime,

Then all this Earthy grosnes quit,
"Tea, Earl Gray, Hot," She said to the dwarven woman, sliding the gold bar into her back pack. It joined 9 other bars of the same standard. Stella often traveled to new places with gold as most galactic currency was not accepted beyond the CSB, where a bartering system was the predominant way of doing business. That or stealing what you desired. Activating the device, it emitted a low hum and she listened to the woman speak, clasping her hands together.

"In that regard, perhaps a different deal is in order. I can manufacture and lease several ships to your people, provide training to your people and even construct low orbit-high altitude refueling and re-crewing stations," She said, lifting the cup of tea that had been brought to her. She tasted it, and though it carried the semblances of what she'd asked for, there was a particular tang in the taste. The drink had been made utilizing a replicator of some sort. Displeased, she set the glass down, turning to make eye contact with the woman. Her pink hues seemed to hold an almost electric gaze to them, "We can also begin construction of computer databases and a central headquarters for you operations, set up communication relays to keep in contact with the exploratory fleets. We have a number of ships well suited to lone wolf roles, capable of long range but armed enough to fend off most attacks. Within a year, your people could begin exploratory missions, within two years, stable colonization."

She paused to let what she said sink in. After all, Stella was literally talking about advancing these people's technology by decades, possibly even centuries. Uplifting a culture that hadn't yet taken to the stars was a tricky mix. But the benefits far outweighed the risks.

"This would all be short term. I can provide you with a licensed lease to manufacture ships of Talon design for your own use, within constraints of a signed deal. I'll even provide two orbital shipyards and instruct your people on the salvaging of orbital material. This will preserve the delicate balance of nature on your world while providing ample room for expansion above it. Long term, you could be manufacturing your own vessels within 5 years time."

Attir'd with Stars, we shall for ever sit,

Triumphing over Death, and Chance, and thee O Time.

Desirable Genius

arrow The Nine Swords Tavern

Lian raised an eyebrow, but was unsure really of Stella's ideas. She brought out a small device from her waist pouch, using it to take notes by using her finger as a pen. "I appreciate it...but...That's quite an aggressive offer. In that short amount of time? That would wear out our resources here and I wouldn't want to be reliant on such a large company like Talon. I worry about certain...complications. I can accept training...but how about these conditions? We use Talon facilities to train and build since ours currently doesn't have that capability, but allow us at least to do some developments of our own. Believe me, to use Talon designs would be wonderful. I admire the craftsmen ship and detail work itself but we're just a small company...We value our independence, you see. We'll sign a contract with a limited time period...If in ten years we don't accomplish our first exploratory mission independently with our own...Then Talon can step in."Lian said, finishing up her current notes on Stella's offer.

"At least with an extended amount of time, it will be possible to work out further details as well as do joint work with Talon. I'm sure there is much from us that you can learn about different healing and new medical techniques just as we can for larger machinery, weapons and space travel."Lian said, adding a few more notes before she put the device away.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Stella Astrum
Model Citizen

“The issue I take with that should be clear. On our headquarters world, every ounce of space is either given to comfortable living quarters and amenities and indeed most of my employees or their families rarely leave the planet. Or, they are given entirely toward company research. Talon is currently in the process of updating 163 old designs, formulating 47 new designs to replace old ones while simultaneously researching 92 theoretical technologies ranging from advanced gene therapy aimed at curing all diseases to phase matter propulsion, which would remove the need for dangerous and expensive hyper-mass core assemblies, also a technology we pioneered,” Stella explained in a tone that belayed a certain level of displeasure. Each word perfectly pronounced with careful annunciation, each syllable accented to show her dissatisfaction, “In short, Talon simply is unable to offer the resources to facilitate a 10 year R&D operation without serious compensation. While my idea may seem rather extensive and rapid, it is cheaper, safer, and more efficient in the long run. Of course, none of this is carved in granite as they say.”

Taking another sip of the bitter liquid, she savored the taste. In this wretched hive of a city, she hadn’t even been able to get a decent cup of tea let alone find a worthy business worth investing in. Perhaps she would open a private retailer, a branch of her company to begin the weapons trade here in the city. Meeting with the economic powers here would be the first step. While no doubt powerful, she was confident she could sway them. After all, Talon industries had consistently doubled their income each quarter for the past ten years. Now within the top 5 most profitable companies in the galaxy, she worried little about costs.

“And there is the matter of compensation. Long term facilities, like I said, is possible with proper compensation for our services. We aren’t simply talking about an exchange of technologies but the uplifting of your people to a galactic status. And while it may seem innocent enough to you, hosting your people in our facilities will also bring your enemies to our facilities. And every company has an enemy.”

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Guildmaster Borri

His smile faltered one she mentioned magic. Master Borri groaned however, still feeling the pain of his damaged back. He lifted himself back up the cracking heard again. This time however, it was the sound of his back realiging itself. The creature was small yes, however Master Borri’s bones and lack of muscles didn’t help him. Which was a shame back in his day he was at least an average to good battle mage, kept his weight in check, worked out. God but did things change with age. He was flimsy and small now, a good six feet at best, his blond hair was now mixing with strands of white, though one had to wonder why there was a mix of brown inside of their hair as well.

“Right, so where was I?”

Master Borri began to pace back and forth between the room. “Well can you two help me out here, I was actually looking for something, I was wondering if you could help me out with this sort of thing?” He asked. There was somewhere that he needed to go, a small castle, right outside of the town. He would’ve been going there himself of course, but what was an old man to do other than get himself in possible trouble? Besides, they were much more powerful than him in his condition.

Desirable Genius

Lian furrowed her brow and she looked at the girl seriously. What she was asking was too much and Lian just wasn't able to sacrifice things from her company to make up for time. Lian shook her head, picking up her pint of ale and drinking it down. Stella was a very demanding child...brilliant, but demanding. Lian couldn't sacrifice the independence of her company so it could be swallowed up by an alien girl and her armada of incredible ships...no matter how much Lian oggled and admired it. Talon Industries was staring to loose its shimmer. "I'm sorry...but no. Unless we use your facilities while my company offsets the cost for the use of the facilities, food, and other services for the people under the training program and provide our own materials for building such a ship, that's the only way we can do business. After making such a leap into Sigil, I can't afford such a large scale project and do it so quickly while owing a larger company so much while under a contract. Hell if it would cost the same to start my own program and build my own facilities as it would to pay Talon to help. "Lian said as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Stella and Terrance would get along greatly...they both seemed to be like robots in a way. Stella with her advanced technology, Terrance in trying to cope with society by talking like one.

Lian took a longer drink of her pint. "Believe me, if I could advance my company just like that I would...but I need to think reasonably right now. Maybe a few years down the line if things go well in Sigil as I hoped...and maybe if there was a branch built in another big city but this isn't it."She said as she shook her head again, waving the dwarven woman to bring her another pint. This negotiation was not going well. Maybe after a couple more pints she would be a little more looser to the idea but after talking to someone this rigid it wasn't the best idea. "Maybe its the way you would do things where you are from but time is a valuable asset especially in the current situation right now...Sigil's not in it's best state and my attention is best served in helping people right now and not dreaming at the moment. I'll keep what you said in my mind but...no. Nothing in five years, maybe in ten."

Lian paused a moment, looking to Stella with a raised eyebrow. "Unless...Instead of focusing on space travel at the moment...If Talon Industries could make an impact here in Sigil? Your weaponry is at the height of popularity and I'm sure it'll stay that way for years. Yet, they're popular with the lower class...Thugs and gangs looking for the weaponry that packs a punch and lasts a long time. Have you considered working with security in the Ladies Ward?"She asked.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Stella Astrum
Model Citizen

"Are you aware of the costs of land on Talon. Current market estimates are that one square foot of land on Talon is roughly four hundred and fifty galactic credits. I hold host to nearly a million employees and their families and thousands of support staff, all of which have to be provided for. Electricity is easy. Food and water are not. In addition to this, the cost of building a new research facility and access to our database by your people puts me in an uncomfortable position," She paused once more, sipping the bitter liquid that the people here called tea. Perhaps that would be her first move in Sigil. A reasonable tea shop with reasonable and bearable tea. None of this watered down generic crap they served patrons.

"Your people wouldn't even know where to begin, where to start if exposed to my facilities. You don't have the materials needed to manufacture safe and reliable ships. 90% of our ships are made with alloys patented by us. I have no interest in taking over your company, Lian. If I wanted to, I could simply begin my own production line in your galaxy and run you dry with cheaper more high tech products" Pausing, Stella crossed her legs, adjusted the small red tie at her neck, "No... what I want is to Fail'an industries rise to the prominence of your own galaxies economy. With our help, you could begin trade, colony, all with the Fail'an corporate seal. Profits would triple in the first few years. And we ask nothing in return until you start producing a stable profit with your own ship building facilities. Once your company reaches a certain level of prosperity, we can negotiate a payment plan. It's like a hospital, we won't ask you to pay until after your better. Perhaps a smaller, slower approach is in order. Would you like to see the ships you could be owning?"

Stella thought of what the woman said. Her weapons weren't just popular with the lower classes but with anybody with money looking for reliable defenses. And it wasn't just weaponry. It was vehicles, tanks, personnel armor. Even highly versatile walkers able to better support infantry in an urban environment. Stella shook her head.

"Talon is currently in contract with the IGA to patrol the free colony systems. Most of our fleet is dedicated to the task of eradicating pirate bands raiding commerce outside the CSB."

Aged Gaian

The Nine Swords Tavern

It had been so long since the psion had actually been in here. Tres looked around with a vague familiarity but with a distant perspective. After dealing so long with the roars of the disenchanted the sound of the care free was refreshing. He sat at a table at the center of everything waiting for Jay to arrive. Not too far from Tres was lian discussing business with young woman he had never seen before but the noise in the bar was too loud to hear there intimate conversation. People occasionally walked up to Tres for a quick chat or to shake his hand. Tres had become a well respected man of the people, each person there believed Tres to be like them. The psion dressed like them in simple leather armor, ready to earn a days pay. He spoke like them, cursed like a sailor with proud swagger. Yet he did so better than anyone else and they respected him for it.

Once the bar maid approached tres ordered a bottle of water. It was well known that Tres was not a drinker due to him being a professional athlete, so no one questioned it; not if they didn't want to rouse his well known wrath.

Desirable Genius

"That's a shame...Pirates...but you know if something does go on in Sigil on a mass scale, it would be an interesting time to test some new products...Riot control, barricades, small tiny darts inside riot guns that when they're shot puts them on a hallucinogenic high and causes them to simply think they're about to crawl into bed..."Lian listed, receiving her second pint and sipping it. She was already starting to feel less lucid and it was putting her in a slightly better mood but nonetheless...The 'high and mighty' CEO of Talon Industries would have none of it. What shining emerald city it used to be suddenly just made it feel like cowboys and Indians or a small child toppling over a tower of blocks while wielding a rattling toy weapon. "If your busy though, I understand...I don't think we can reach an agreement today."She said, glancing her eyes over to Tres. They narrowed a bit, before she looked over to Stella.

If a large population of Sigil's underclass got a hold of more Talon Industries weapons, it would cause a tip in the balance...She didn't want that. Something had to be done from another angle. Lian thought on it, her ideas mentally becoming more ridiculous the more alcohol she consumed. Lian had noticed Stella's distaste for the tea. "I've got stuff that's better from my home country...There area I live in is just on an alternate plane of the original plane that tea was made from. Ah, even if there is no compromise, I do believe if anything should come of the future, its the abilities of different companies to work together depending on the projects and the means."She said as she got up, wobbling slightly. "Urf...Ya' know, if you're new to the Sigil area...Why don't I give you a tour of the Ladies Ward? Show you some of the sights."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Terrance Vanguard

It was more than just the normalcy cycle that the aspiring scientist was thinking about. Maybe it was the stagnation of not doing anything much for a while, or maybe it was just the lack of true motivation to DO anything. His eyes locked onto Julia whist she caressed his cheeks. Her touch brought a sense of comfort that Terrance did not think he would have the joy of having if she or his other allies weren’t there. Other Allies. That was the problem, Tres and Lovi, certainly they didn’t trust the man, nor quite honestly did Terrance trust himself, his actions were brash and had gotten many people hurt. As much as he tried to make up for it, somethings just didn’t seem to change all that much in the long run. HE hasn’t spoke to either Tres or Lovi after the fight ended. Maybe it was time to do just that.

“It’s not just that Julia, I still sort of feel guilty about what happened with KB in the first place, that it was my fault for jumping the gun.” The boy shrugged and leaned toward a nearby wall, his backpack dangling in his left hand, he stared away from Julia for a second and let out a sigh. She was helpful, really she was. However, this was one thing Terrance sort of had to hurdle over by himself, it’s not like she could be of help in any way shape or form, at least not right now. The boy would push himself away from the wall, as Kiss Julia on he cheek, after a pregnant pause, the dreadheaded male began to stroll off. “I’ll see you back at the house…” The male strolled off into the city, attempting to find something to get over his own problem.

Desirable Genius

arrow The Market Ward

"You and Lian both do, Terrance...and something needs to be done to fix it, Sweetie, and soon. Mistakes don't fix themselves."Julia said as she brushed his dreads back so they were behind his shoulders, moving away when he moved off against the wall. She was really concerned for him...in fact, Team Sigil wasn't the same after that day. Tres and Lovi were inseparable most of the time, she barely saw Lian herself since the elf had taken to being somewhat of a recluse. When she went to go check on her today, she wasn't at her manor in the Ladies Ward or the office. Poor Terrance went back to school and now he wasn't really feeling himself with the guilt hanging over his head still.

"Alright...Stay safe."Julia said, waving good-bye. Julia had to think of something to get Team Sigil back in working order again. It may be meddling in her part, minor as it may be, but if it wasn't the team that was going to do it, then it had to be someone on the outside. When she could not longer see Terrance, Julia got to plotting.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Stella Astrum
Model Citizen

“No no, I’m afraid if there will be no deal, then there is little point in continuing this conversation,” Stella said, rising from the table. She packed up her device, tucking it away into the expansive back pack she toted with her. She could not help but notice the man that Lian had noticed, her eyes having tracked the point of interest of the others gaze. She rose, taking the piece of gold from her back pack. From the bar, and with knife in hand, she shaved a leaf thin from the surface, rolling the soft pliable metal and flattening it to produce a coin.

With cup and coin in tow, she eased passed the tall dread haired man, depositing the coin on the counter along with her half empty mug. The young girl then held her sleeve to her mouth, activating the hidden radio.

“Jamie, I am quite done with this place. Please, pick me up as soon as I activate my transport beacon. I’ll let you know before hand, thank you,” She said, not pausing for an answer. Tightening the back pack straps, she casted a disinterested gaze at Lian before exiting the tavern, the change in light sending a slight ebb of pain to her mind. She’d always had sensitive eyes.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Trinity Syn
Wayward Wanderer
~ ~ Age: 241 ~ ~
Activated Skills: NONE

Health: 294/294 Mana: 120/120
~~ Atk +4 ~~ Dfnc+2 ~~ Mgc+7 ~~ Adpt +5~~

A familiar sight caught Trinity’s eyes. A young man, with dreaded hair, walking with slack shoulders and an expression in his face that she’d seen in many young warriors who’d lost a master or been dealt some form of defeat. And yet he lived. So long as life drew on, then every day was a victory. The most simple of lessons taught to her people. Rising from her stool at the open tavern where she’d partaken in drinks that day, she fell in behind the man, raising her hood to the harsh sunlight. Clad in black cloak and loose white clothing, she walked with a tall staff at her side. She stepped beside him, bowing her head to shroud her face.

“You walk with the gait of a man sorely beaten in battle, yet I see no scars of defeat. You should hold your head high for you are alive and your enemies are not,” She stated, to him, her foreign accent sending slight inflections in her words, “Every day you survive is a day you have won. Or are you too naïve to know this, Terrance Vanguard.”

She pulled back her hood, revealing her face. It was much the same, though a thin scar crossed her left eye. Indeed, though she still appeared young, there was age in her eyes, a strange wisdom and latent sorrow. She smiled thinly at the young man, knowing that she’d at last found a friend in the wide expanses of the city.

Aged Gaian

Pengu von Scheiffe
User Image
Stella Astrum
Model Citizen

“Jamie, I am quite done with this place. Please, pick me up as soon as I activate my transport beacon. I’ll let you know before hand, thank you,” She said, not pausing for an answer. Tightening the back pack straps, she casted a disinterested gaze at Lian before exiting the tavern, the change in light sending a slight ebb of pain to her mind. She’d always had sensitive eyes.

The Nine Swords Tavern

Tres watched as the girl walked away from Lian's table. He couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about. Surely the psion would ask Lian when he had a moment. Lately however, Tres had issues like everyone else getting hold of Lian. Lian was a woman who he knew as an incredibly warm person, who loved so easily that it managed to go unturned by Tres's own swagger. He owed that woman his life and had promised to be her champion when the time came, but now it seemed that life had took a difficult return for the matron.

First a death of a child, a pain that Tres could not imagine and then the appearance of her own sadistic villainous mother. Following these events Lian had made herself scarce. It wasn't helped by the fact that Tres could no longer keep his public support and go into the ladies ward. The psion hadn't believed that despite his political leanings he would be turned against Lian. He had imagined that Lian would offer a foreign power that would back the resistance, but he could never be so sure.

He could only hope for the best.

Aged Gaian

Pengu von Scheiffe
Stella Astrum
Model Citizen

Tightening the back pack straps, she casted a disinterested gaze at Lian before exiting the tavern

The Nine Swords Tavern

A large cyberpunk Orc would step in at around the same time she attempted to exit. His bulk would stand wide in her path, forcing her to either step aside or risk collision. Following behind him was a thin wiry bespectacled man dressed in fine Victorian clothing he had a strange gauntlet that seemed to be made from polished brass with several spinning meters upon it that puffed out steam from its top with each passing moment.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Market Ward: Black Eight Outpost

Naomi Ohmi typed away at her office desk. The manager and commander of the Black Eight's Sigil post was busy putting the finishing touches on a status report that would be sent to her superiors, and would make its way up to the Council itself.

The company had expanded into Sigil for a variety of reasons. Chief amongst these, Goal 1, was the study of the City of Door's portal systems, both naturally occuring and controlled. A few of the magus guilds had tight control over the majority of the portals, but time, discretion, and a little luck afforded them the opportunity they had now. The Black Eight would be able to produce technology-based portal generators, disrupters, and control systems enmasse soon with the research and information so painstakingly gathered over the course of a year.

"The ability to open a wormhole and travel near instantly through it from anywhere to anywhere" the purple-haired woman thought to herself, imagining the scope of such power, then she corrected herself.

"No, portal."

It was magic, after all. While the Black Eight had a highly advanced technological base, there were just a few things that technology could not replicate as easily as magic could. It had been the company's goal for as long as she could remember, to merge tech, with sorcery, and lead everybody else in design of magetech weaponry, armor, and equipment.

Of course, to everybody else, the Black Eight was merely an arms dealer, selling rather generic, if highly-well crafted firearms. The main selling point was the advanced suits of armor they proudly boosted in their shop, powered exoskeletons in all shapes and sizes, designed for many roles. The truth was that the Black Eight had always kept their best, and most cutting-edge equipment firmly in the hands and use of their paramilitary branch. Anybody who took a look at the dual, armored guards outside the entrance of the store could really surmise as much, their armor being of a design different then that of anything they sold.

With Goal 1 nearly complete, Naomi could only wonder at what lay next. Likely the shop in Sigil would continue operating, as the City of Doors was a highly profitable market for the Black Eight, selling to anybody who had both the money and the credentials, and easy access to all sorts of technology, magic, and artifacts here would no doubt spur their researchers onto bigger and better things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff