10,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Aspen Shields

━ ۰۰ ━

~Thud, thud, thud~
The sound of heavy foot steps made their way down the stone path. Their destination: an Inn with glowing windows of warmth. The thuds tracked down to the door, the boots banging on the toes off the flat rock at the welcome mat. The door flung open a little too fast and banged against the wall. Those who were inside jolted up at the entrance of the inn. There stood a cloaked figure with silver, armored boots, the cloak covering up the majority of the person. The thuds resumed, the figure making its way to the bar in the inn.

People glanced cautiously at the figure, sure not to turn their backs either. Even the workers looked concerned. The figure sat their patiently as the bar tender came over to serve it.

~ "Just to let you know, the people around here as well as the workers don't take kindly to those who hide their faces. They feel threatened, in this day and age. 'Tis used to be a place where strangers with hoods were welcomed, but now, everyone is a little cautious you know?"
a kind elderly man whispered over to the figure from the bar stool next to the figure. I good minute or two passed before the figure took the cloak off.

It revealed a girl in armor, her arms clad in it as well. She didn't look frightening, which made those giving her side glances sigh in relief a little too audibly. The made the girl chuckle a bit. Even the bartender tried to flirt with her a bit, now that he knew she wasn't a monster about to eat him. But that was the problem with people these days. They were too easily deceived and trusted too many people. Luckily, the girl was no deceiver, but there were still other around.

~ ""
~
Desperately running from everything that has happened to her; she finds herself in the middle of the forest not knowing what to do or where to go. She wonders aimlessly around tired of being herself and being told she has no purpose in the world, she collapses sobbing to herself for its not her fault she was born from darkness and no one understands that it does not mean she is evil. She hears a faint sound in the distance. Awkwardly she tries to stand but she has ran too far for too long, she lies down wrapping her wings around her for warmth and sleeps hoping tomorrow brings some comfort to her.
Valon felt his body out for kinks and knots in ancient muscle. Flesh strained tuat and still youthfull against his enchanted leather and black mithril armor. The armor was as much a part of him as his own flesh. It was bound to his soul. It gave him increased speed reflexes and strength. And was impervious to normal weapons. It would be his greatest asset as he built his power.

Raising one hand to the air he used his little remaining power to summon a dark black blade from the air. A simple b*****d sword of black iron. For now he would play the part of a travelling warrior seeking fame. One trained in minor mysticsl arts. He could not hide the blue flame burning from his eyes. Nor the raw power that emanated from the core of his being.

He could feel in the distance a gathering. So towards it he went. In a few short hours he found himself at an inn. With a hidden smile he entered the place and took a seat in the center of the main room. Placin one large heavy ancient gold coin on the table he waited silently for service. The coin held his face on it. The face beneath the metal mask bound to his soul and flesh by dark magic.

Amorous Strawberry

18,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
sillary

((That was quite alright! Though suddenly Theo's Inn has got quite busy!))

Maybe he was still dreaming? Haiiro was beginning to think that was the only possible answer. How else could he explain the bizarre chain of events that had culminated in him sitting on a bar stool at a nice, warm inn, dripping onto the floor with a fluffy towel in his hands?

This sort of thing only happened in fairy tales, and Haiiro was certainly not a princess. He stared at the towel for a moment, and then carefully pushed back the hood of his cloak. The heavy material was soaked through, and only as the warmth around him started to seep in did Haiiro realize how cold he was.

He had only just started to pat down his hair when not one, but two bizarre people stomped in through the door. Haiiro froze, his long tail bristling. s**t. They both looked like capable fighters too. Were they after him? He peeked over carefully...Hmmm. Neither seemed to care even a drop about anyone else in the room. That was a good sign...

Still, Haiiro kept the towel over his head. He didn't want either of those two freaks to notice him.

"Um...."
He peeked out from under the towel, yellow eyes searching for the strange, tiny creature who apparently was also the Inn master. "How much for a drink? Something cheap an warm, if you have it."
((So sorry everyone! I'm house sitting and the dog here ate an entire bag of dark chocolate so I have been dealing with that. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten and I will post tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!))
Immortal Cynicism

Eleniel rolled her eyes at the Neko. She didn't want to know where Kit had gotten the money. Because Eleniel was a Noble of the Star Clan she was upheld by a vow to protect those who could not protect themselves. For this vow the Clan did not hesitate to hand out gold to their Nobles. Especially wandering ones like Eleniel.

"Lead the way Kit. I'll buy the second round" Eleniel laughed and nudged her mare forward into the forest. "Who knows what we might find along the way?" Since the weather seemed to get worse, Eleniel threw up her hood again and brought out her light crystal. She could see well enough in the dark and so could Smoca and Kit but it was her mighty warhorse that needed the light. Eleniel knew it could alert others to their location but she felt confident in both her skills and Nikita's skills that the two friends could take on whatever happened upon them. Eleniel whispered the charm and threw the crystal out in front of her. The pale white light bathed the path in front of them for a few feet. The crystal would bob ahead of them until Eleniel called it back to her. She started forward looking forward to some hot food and good drink.
It seemed that service was lacking. And that all manner of beings were being drawn to the inn. With a sudden swift movement valon was up and standing. With a muttered word the metsl of his mask folded back, as did the the fingers of his guantlets. What was revealed was a noble handsome face dominated by thick pointed canines and feline yellowed eyes that glowed with an inner flame.

"Perhaps you humans simply arent used to the nobility but i demand service. A meal of your best meat and a bottle of your best spirits would be appreciated. I wont wait much longer."

The voice though melodical and the accent though lilting and well spoken was tinged with a hint of malice and challenge. He was a knight. A noble. Or at least thats what he was suppose to be. And he played the part well.

Dedicated Loiterer

7,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Nikita

Kit clapped her hands together in glee as her friend agreed to getting around at the Inn. The two of them were regulars there – not often enough that they could partake in a discount but regular enough that Theo, the owner, knew them by name. They performed some nights, dancing and singing, playing tunes on instruments. It was enough to keep the gold flowing into their pockets and would often pay for the night without either of them having to shill out a few coins.

“Nice trick,”
applauded Nikita, her mismatched eyes widening at the sight of the little light that danced in front of them, illuminating the pathway. She reached forward a playful hand, attempting to bat the ball, but it moved out of her reach just in the nick of time. Her full lips turned into a pout but she didn’t say anything.

“Soooo, have you gotten into any trouble lately, El?” It wouldn’t be too long of a walk to Theo’s though she had this itching feeling they would run into something along the way.

Lunatik_Foxx

Fashionable Genius

User Image

Damascus Qu-ette ¤ ¤ ¤

" Just your wondering Connoisseur - "

████████████████████████████████████████

With: His companion Gilgamesh
                                                Doing: Removing a pesky Hex

███████████████████████████████████████

The hour was of late and the elf growing tired, after the earlier fiasco he had with a disgruntled Troll, the man felt as if he would bust a seam. But, that’s what happened in this unique line of work, being a provider of mystic wares came with a hefty price. Dismounting, he soothed his loyal steed, smirking as the beast stopped feverishly. “Come now Gilgamesh-” he soothed, stroking the horses long dark mane, “Its only a while longer to town, then we both can relax.” Turning to check his wagon, Damascus knit his brow; it appeared the Troll did more than just leave in a tizzy. The little welt had carved a crude hex on the carrier’s wooden side! No wonder the ride thus far had been so ominous. “It’s going to take some strong magic’s to dispel this one.” he sighed, hitching his cloaks sleeves revealing elegant hands. Rounding the side, he placed both palms on the horrid insignia they began to glow in the faint still. Briefly closing his blue eyes he summoned a counter spell in his elfish tongue; hoping to rid his self of the unseemly bad juju. Though his his-self was that of Noble blood, even the lowest of the low could get their hands on dark magic’s; it just came at a higher price. ~

Tasteful Taco's Husbando

Man-Hungry Noob

18,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Somehow by a slight miracle Drago survived the bear's teeth and claw's coming for him, as his knife dug deep into the bear's chest, so that the beast no longer moved or breathed. For a moment Drago believed he was a goner, or in some case the bear would eat him whole, but what annoyed Drago was that the Neko and her Elven friend didn't even bother to help out, despite that he left them and then came back to the forest to do more hunting. However, Drago knew that hunting for animal's all day became a tiring job, and while he would have headed home to rest, he thought like relaxing elsewhere and luckily he knew the place, Theo's Inn. Normally Drago only went to the Inn on rare occasion, sometime's with other wolves and sometimes by himself, and being such a loyal customer, he grew a friendship with Theo, which wasn't uncommon for the Wolf Clan who's reputation was all about being friendly and welcoming to people, regardless of their strict nature and Drago couldn't help being strict and somewhat different from his kin, simply because he had change dramatically after his father died, while his mother, well that was for another time and day.

Looking around to see if anyone Drago knew had came searching for him, the wolf continued in the direction that lead towards Theo's Inn, knowing it would be a long journey, but at least he had some rabbit with him encase he never grew hungry and beside Drago walked through these wood's since he was a pup, so at least he knew his way. And while the wolf walked towards Theo's he began to whistle to himself, driving away what thought's lingered in his mind or the fact that he preferred to be thinking of other thing's, and not the thoughts that crept up when they weren't supposed to. But, nonetheless after his long walk Drago made it to the Inn, as upon his entry he saw a number of different people, one clad in armour, a female by the look's of it as Drago paid no interest in her, while the other appeared to be a small creature of sort's, like Theo in a way, who seemed awfully shy or just unsure of what to do in the situation he was in. But the other person had something about him Drago didn't like and the way he spoke, showed how ignorant he was. "Ignorant would suit you better." Drago said to him, soon as he walked passed and up towards the counter where Theo was busy wiping it down. "Hey Theo, give me one of your best mead's will you." Drago said offering Theo payment for the drink in gold coin's, with the insignia of his clan, as these coin's where rare to come by and that only the Wolf Clan used these types of coin.
Immortal Cynicism

Lunatik_Foxx

The she-elf giggled as she watched Kit bat at her light crystal.
"Isn't it wonderful? I picked it up before I left home again." She smiled sweetly at the feline. "Have I gotten into anything lately? Hmm. I patrolled the lands of the Clan for a while. Fighting mostly bandits and such. Other than that...The lands seemed to have settled into peace. I was itching to travel again, find some quest or something...Rescue some prince" El winked at Kit and giggled harder.
She brushed some of her wild fiery hair out of her eyes. "Have you heard anything lately Kit? Sometimes...peace can be unsettling no?" She glanced over at her friend. Smoca was nipping at her heels, trying to play with his favorite neko. El shook her head and smiled again. "What do you think our "wolf boy" has gotten up to since he just left us in the dust? And no I'm not sure we should sing that bawdy barroom song again. Though you're dancing this time if we do!" Laughter spilled sweetly from the she-elf's lips. Koray nickered and shook her mighty head at the sound of Eleniel's laughter.
        xxxxxUser Image

It was amazing how Theo's grand Inn got busy by the second. That's what little Theo loved
                    to see, people rejoiced and having a great time conversing. It was good a vibe, but that
                    vibe that Little Theo had dissipated when a man with a seemingly dark presence entered
                    his Inn. He wore a metal mask and had black leather mythril armor. The first thought that
                    came through little Theo's head, was that Mythril was not something easy to come by,
                    In fact, mythril is rarely used in this time of era because there wasn't enough of it
                    to smelt it into an equipment or some sort. Nonetheless, Theo wasn't one to bone rush
                    anyone. Patience was key to his results, so he just kept a wary eye on the man.
                    "Ah, I know just the thing. '' The Yordle said as he went to grab a drink for the
                    stranger. ''Here you go. Tastes like a million bucks, and falls in like a charm.'' the
                    small Yordle commented. ''It's for free, no pay. Wait here.
                    '' He says to Haiiro
                    as he goes to attend the strange man.

''My apologies. I welcome you to Theo's grand Inn. We have available rooms
                    if you wish to rent one. I will bring your food as soon as possible.
                    '' Theo says
                    to the male who soon after revealed his identity. He looked viperous, intimidating.

...Atleast now I know he's not a ghost...

Theo hurried up to prepare his meal, and skipped his way back to the table. Since
                    he was short, he had to carefully jump on the chair to place his well organized meal
                    and drink on the table. For payment, the man gave Theo quite the odd piece of gold.
                    You can tell it had some aging in it, and what centered it was the male's face. It was
                    authentic indeed and little Theo's curiosity grew. When Theo is paid with gold pieces,
                    he usually melts the gold and turns it into an item or equipment, just like how his
                    telescope is made out of gold, but he might just keep this one to do a further
                    research...
                    ''Enjoy your meal, traveler. '' he said to the man.

He returns back to the counter, inviting over Haiiro to accompany him. Soon after,
                    A familiar voice caught the little Yordle's attention: and what do you know? It was
                    Drago, a fellow clansman from the wolf clan. Nice guy, appears around these parts
                    when he goes hunting. Little Theo respected the wolf clan, if it wasn't for them things
                    would have been falling apart around here. ''Yes, yes. ofcourse.'' He says
                    grabbing the gold pieces and putting them inside his pouch that is wrapped around
                    the small Yordle's waist. He took a moment to pour the man his drink, and even took
                    deliberately to pour himself a glass as well. He slid Drago's drink to him with his small
                    hand and stud behind the counter with a grin crossing his lips. ''It's nice to see you
                    come by the Inn, my friend. How's it been these days?
                    '' The Yordle says. He turns
                    to Haiiro with yet another smirk. ''This is Drago, he's part of the wolf clan, just
                    further down. What might be your name?
                    '' Theo asked.

xxxxxxxxxx
              xxxxxUser Image
                    Who am I with? : Accompanied by
                    people

I feel :Wary, Enlightened
                    Where am I? : Theo's Grand Inn
                    Out Of Character : sorry for the derpness of
                    this post. i swear it'll get better!
                    Ecchi Cutie

Isthilidrix

Volcanic Blaze

Amorous Strawberry

18,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The cup that was pressed into his hands was full of warm, frothy liquid. Haiiro leaned in close and sniffed it. It smelled sweet but spicey, and the heat coming off of it made his skin tingle. He blew on it, keeping an eye on the Yordle as he bustled around the Inn, doling out food and drink to those who asked. It must have been exhausting doing all that everyday. And by himself too. Haiiro couldn't help but imagine the profits such a busy place must bring in. The glitter of gold coins, so casually laid out on the counter and tables, kept catching his eyes like the song of a siren.

His ears twitched when the Inn keeper started talking to one of the men at the bar. They must have been friends, to speak so easily. Though Haiiro had no idea what the 'wolf clan' was supposed to be. The ruling faction, maybe?

He jumped a little when Theo turned and smirked at him, eyes going wide for a moment, before he turned to look back at his drink.

"Ah..." He really didn't want to give his name. Especially not to strangers. Double so, considering what he was running from. But it left a sour taste in his mouth to lie to one who had been so nice to him. "My name's Haiiro...Whats yours?" His eyes flicked between the smaller, furry Inn keeper, and the intimidating guy he called 'friend'. Ugh. He looked like a real backwoods meathead, too. Haiiro didn't expect to get along with him well.
Valon was soon served. A smile playing over his lips as one man in particular called him ignorant. He ignored the wolf clan member. Valon could remember a time when the clan had no more than savages raiding the holds of lesser lords. He had braught them to heel like dogs. But for now valon had no army. No lands. No followers. Besides. The mead he was served of the finest quality. He hadnt tasted its like since his coronation.

"How much for the rest of your stock. Six horses. A wagon. And a room for a week?"

Before the answer could be made the imposing figure reached into a pouch at his side. Another magical artifact. A bag of holding. A magical bag that allowed him to reach into a burried treasury in his dilapidated castle. The proprieter amused him. Such a jolly little creature. One whose eyes betrayed curiosity.

"A private room. And perhaps if you have one a lute. I wish to tell a tale. A song of ancient times passed from memory"

Wheezing Elder

The woods are alive.
Generations of folk from the dawn of time to the distant future know the forest breaths and beats with a heart of it's own. It's a fountain of drama and sacrifice that unfolds in countless untold stories; some in the blink of an eye, and some in overlapping centuries. What creature, what eccentric manner of sentience could be so blinkered as to neglect the perfect chaos of life building upon life. The riotous colors of a verdant dell tease the eye. The myriad sounds, a endless symphony rife with accompaniment. A coterie of exotic smells provide subtle context to it all, an undertone so deeply complex that the most pungent of perfumes can become a delicate hint after a time exposed to the prevalent variety. This bounty of sensation is but a mere backdrop, of course. Only a stage of such opulent and generous set-pieces could hope to stand beside the actors who tour it's loamy promenades.

The hushed interlude of the woodland chorus is disturbed by the staccato beat of hooves racing over fallen logs. A whisper of leaves like the distant roll of waves keeps pace with the new player as they leap and lunge through the veridian blur. A streak of white dances through the branch and brush with an unbroken gate. It weaves and darts defiantly through the maze of wood and stone, daring the living forest to stagger or stall it's pace. It exalts in the freedom of it all, the flood of sensation washing over it as it rode on the crest of fleet speed. When a new note is added to the buzzing song, the rush becomes a trot before slowing to a more sedentary pause. It wasn't a stop, more of a containment of simmering energy with anxious but aimless pacing. Before the creature, a great inn had come into view, a flat note in the living opera of the natural forest. Smoke trails from a moss-covered chimney and pollen-dusted windows reflect the sunlight as it shines through the cleared canopy above.

What is this? queried a lyrical but ageless voice that manifested on the vibrating edges of leaves and from the shapeless shadows of the ubiquitous underbrush. A question, the origin of a quest. A task to be undertaken at great risk for sublime reward. To cure what ails the ancient and entice the immortal. A gust of wind rattled the trees and disturbed the grass in a singular direction, buffeting the door of the Grand Inn with dispersed air. Hunched on rear-bending haunches, a slender figure of alabaster and cream waited at the portal to his new song. Antlers curled and climbed skyward in subtly unnatural angles and curves, bedecking a shock of ivory hair cut short but uneven. Scavenged armor and bandoleers draped with ill-fit across an androgynous lithe torso, metal buckles clinking idly against a necklace of avian trophies. Rusted but potent tools of the ancient hunt tucked haphazardly into a quiver across the being's back. All the trimmings of a forest nymph or spirit, but for a cracked oval of mercury, held still but somehow brimming with barely contained flow and motion, where the visage of such a being would reside. It raised a sharply manicured finger to the latch on the door and pressed inward with the bare minimum effort the act required.

The door creaked audibly and Lod'thec made his presence into the Inn known with a loud step onto the timeworn boards the the floor. "Creatures?" The ambient voice whispered into the space beyond.

(Location: Theo's Inn)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces