Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Demigod

User Image

Gold:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yuelia Foxx
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

“Thanks…” Yuelia said, looking his way to acknowledge his presence. “I don’t know…Despite his mannerisms, I’ve heard he can be quite the ally. We may want to give him the benefit of the doubt.” Especially after he just explained his thoughts on their current hunt. Everyone had a bit of speculation to as what was going on, but they wouldn’t really know the truth until they go there.

At the cave, when they started to split into teams, the huntress took out a pocket watch and called out to them as they entered. “We’ll come in one by one after five minutes, if you don’t come out or contact us.” At least this way if something happened backup would be on the way. For now, Yuelia leaned on the cave, putting her hat over her eyes, and meditated. Her nose did wrinkle at the smell of sulfur from the cave, which struck her as off. “That’s a bit…weird. I’m pretty sure fire creatures tend to stay away from this area, so why?”

The Gunner

Bloodthirsty Lunatic

User Image

Geoffrey 'Gnarl' Mangrove

Gold: 0
People I'm With: Hunting Party
Where I am: Cave
Inventory: Bread, foul smelling perfume, rifle with bayonet and, tools

#649ab2

Geoffrey ears twitched slightly as he listened to the sounds of the cave.There was roaring deep within, what could it be? It was hard to tell off the bat with the echo. With darkness deepening as the went further in things became brighter for Geoffrey. So far the ground didn't have any dangers that he could see. "About ninety pounds with all my gear." Geoffrey replied to Aoife's quarry, his eyes focused forward as he tried to see past Alex and his spirits.If there were any crevices in ground, Alex would likely be the first to know by getting his foot caught in it. "We'll try to be out of here before then!" Geoffrey called back to Yueila. So long as everything went right it should go that way, he hoped.

User Image

Malevolent Firestarter

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mazo Orvish
Gold:
-

Mazo paused for a moment at Yuelia's words, then realizing that really he didn't know what anyone was capable of, he decided not to take them at face value. "You're right...I apologize for hasty words" he replied quietly. He might be willing to admit his words were hasty, but he didn't want them all to know he was a softie. Then again, without knowing them, they could think just the opposite? Pushing these thoughts to the side, Mazo refocused on the job at hand just as they reached the cave.

Mazo leaned on his right foot, crossing his arms at the roar. "Sounds big" He commented. He realized what Alex was doing and took a half step forward, raising a hand slightly. "Wait, shouldn't we...." Then Alex disappeared inside. "...make a plan" Mazo finished, a little exasperated at Alex's rashness. Maybe his first instincts about these guys was right. Mazo heard Geoffrey talking about a plan as well, but then he was following after Alex with a sigh, followed closely by Aoife. Mazo shrugged, figuring this rush plan wasn't too bad. "3 in and 3 out...not bad, mix of ranged and close combat in both..." His musings trailed off as Salvador started for the cave entrance.

Mazo watched with interest as he shot some bolts into the cave mouth. "What are you up to snake-boy?" He called to him, examining the bolts and hoops he was connecting together. After a quick glance at Yuelia, who seemed to be dozing off, he approached the cave mouth, stopping about 5 feet back to watch Salvador.
Salvador Cervantes
It’s a Skin Condition!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not stopping from his preparations, Salvador just gave the short explanation to what he was doing. "I'm being pragmatic. We've got a sssmall preparation window, and we're outmatched, ssso I'm warping the oddsss a little." Snapping one of the cables taught, he continued, "Lotheakor sssteel cord, monssster gauge. Enough to slow down whatever comesss out for a few sssecondsss at the bare minimum. And if it'sss a giant death bat or sssomething, no more flying." He continued snapping the cord together and pounding in more hoops.

His methodology would seem rather inefficient, as he would complete each setup individually before moving on to the next, instead of doing each step to every piece. But this was more to ensure that there were several completed bolts ready before all hell broke loose. "We're totally boned if that thing isss tough enough to rip thessse out anyway, but it couldn't hurt. Bessst cassse ssscenario, the big beassstie getsss ssstuck." He licked his lips, and made a disgusted expression. "Eugh, I hope nobody lightsss a fire in there. I'm ssstill peeling off burnt ssskin from lassst time."

Hilarious Shapeshifter

User Image

Alex Magnus
Gold:Flat broke
Spirits: Visible to all.

Alex walked in the cave with Geoffrey, he forget he was working with others. Slowing down as he stops placing his hand on Geoffrey shoulder stopping him from moving as there was some fire ogres guarding and orb as seal to the wall was the children with a green glow. The children was in sealed in a see through cocoons as the orb was pulling the life slowly from the kids. Alex pushes Geoffrey softly into the shadows as they would have to take out the guards. They smell was masked by the sulfur damped smelling cave so they could move freely to a point. Pulling out his combat knife as he already had his eye on the left guard, then they start to talk.

~"Hey how much longer..I hate being here. Saltwater doesn't agree with me."The first asked.
Grunting softly as he looked around."Hm...not much longer. Those Royal guards was a nice snack and brought us a lot of time. The boss will be back soon from the deep crypt and collect the orb."He said as the other nod still saying they hate the salt water.~

Alex at the orb made Alex head hurt being back some memories, Omega glow brightly on his shoulder. Alex was full of rage at the moment as one of the guard look ahead. Noticing the glow Alex snaps into action he lost it for a second showing an emotion. He rushed his Guard the orges was burning hot but he didn't give the guard time to build up his flame as Alex jumps into him slamming him into the wall stabbing him in his weak point the neck dragging him down, his partner roars loudly moving to Alex about to strike him.

Bloodthirsty Lunatic

User Image

Gold:
Inventory: Bread, foul smelling perfume, rifle with bayonet, and tools

#649ab2

Being pushed into the shadows by Alex, Geoffrey got a look at what they were up against. Fire Ogres? Well, that was more than a tad out of place in this country. They would they steal children? Likely had something to with the boss they mentioned... Then Alex went berserk. Was this person just prone to bad moves? With another sigh, Geoffrey took a hide place between the stone and lined up a shot. "Bang", his rifle sounded as the bullet flew through the air to pierce the back of the skull of the ogre swinging a Alex. No need to be silent with Alex having made the Ogres roar load enough for the dead to here. "I hope the rest of the party isn't so brash." Geoffrey muttered under is breath whilst reloading his rifle. Bright side, even if the bullet didn't kill the beast the echoing (though moderately annoying for Geoffrey) would help keep him hidden, but the back of the head is weaker than the front for most humanoids so it be fine.

User Image

Dapper Gekko

8,950 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Aoife

Aoife, not being quite as rash as Alex, and not having a ranged weapon did what she always did in such situations. She sank into the shadows and seemed to fade away. She was damn stealthy for a heavily armored woman. Her focus had everything to do with that of course. She was just glad that there was enough light in this cave for there to BE shadows. It meant there was something to control. Something she could use. By the time Alex and Geoffry were done with the guards, Aoife was lowering herself (well, her head) from the ceiling via her shadows, and used the same shadows to cut open the things the children were in. The same shadows would take the children and hide them. Any guards coming because of all the noise would be met with more shadows, being controlled by Aoife's body. As much as she hated that her head and body could be separated, and operate independently; she had to admit it was damn useful sometimes.

Where: The cave
With Who: Alex, Geoffry, herself (Dullahan joke?)
Inventory: Sword, shield, armor, some jerky, and a purse of silvers.
Gold: None

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image Estastia [Stella] Steller

Traveling alone was almost always boring. No one to talk to, no one to help keep your mind off the mind numbing time that passed so slowly, it was like it was purposely trying to make you insane. That was the struggle of Stella. She had been traveling alone for so long, she was not sure if she even could travel with other people. At first she had tried to hum, or talk to herself, but that seemed to only make it worse. So there she was stuck with her own thoughts as she made her way toward the guild hall. She had hoped to get there sooner, but unforeseen circumstances had kept her from making it there when she wanted. So whens he found it empty, she could only blame herself. "Damn..."

OOC ::

Hilarious Shapeshifter

User Image

Alex Magnus

Delta looked at Alex calmly speak to him."Speak that was another rash action....I we are use to working alone but we are with others now."He said simply nodding to Delta panting softly. Looking the orb that has a swirl of tubes hooked to it as Alex looked to it. He knew what this was it was a dangerous relic, he encountered on his missions to the north. Yet, why he hated it so much he couldn't understand it. His face didn't show his look of worry but his spirits felt it."We have to get the kids out....Then smash that orb."He says as he walked to one of the pods cutting the child out as Omega grunts. Alex looks down to him as he sighs at him."More my fault then yours....What done is done."He says Sigma looks around at the pods as they was made to slowly drain the life force from what ever inside. So the Orb must be a collection of there life force essence.

In the tunnels below them, a meeting was going on between 8 mysterious figures. As the roars and shots was hear the lords start to question the leader there."Fire Lord having issue?["

Chuckling softly with his head leaning on the fingers of his right hand as the right elbow rested in his left hand as he just smiled."No...Earth mover....This are fine here."Lifting his head calmly as he looked to a imp sitting on a stone next to him."Imp go and see whats going on...Will you?"The Imp jumps off the rock and walked to the upper tunnels.

Alex moved to one of the cocoons as they have to start getting the kids out, seeing Aiofe get started on that and moving things with her Shadows he just hope the kids don't wake up.. Hearing the tab of small feet Alex looked at the others as he sighs grabbing the bodies and pulling them off to the sides getting into the shadows grunting as he did so. He stack them up and hid himself in the shadows as he had his knife out watching the imp. As his spirits was hidden.

The imp walked out of the tunnels and into the glowing light of the orb as he looked around."Where the heck are those idiots? Properly having a spitting contest or something. Ogres charcoal for brains is what that is..."The Imp jumps up to the orb and looks at it calmly."Almost full..."He taps it as a soft glass chime rings out."Hehe...Sucks for you kids. I guess you dont have to worry about seeing your next birthday once we are done."He said out loud walking to one of the Cocoon touching it as he grins not noticing any of the missing kids."I wonder if the boss sell you as food."He says laughing jumping back to the ground with his hand on his hips."Now where are those idoits."He walked forward moving to the shadows as sniffs looking around walking to Geoffrey location as the imp could smell something odd in the cave thinking the Ogres took a dump in the chamber again."I swear if they took a dump in the shadows again Ill kill them."He continues to move to Geoffrey as he forms a little fireball as he holds it up as he was almost to him.

Dapper Gekko

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Aoife

Aoife attacked the imp from the shadows. Or specifically, her body did. There was no sound of armored steps, or heavy movement. There was only what was essentially the reverse of a flash. A shadow that struck at the back of the imp's head. Sharp and hard like a blade. The aim was to piece through it's head, attempting to sever it's spinal chord and rip out it's tongue in one blow, just to ensure some semblance of silence. The last thing they needed was more of these things coming to investigate, or the kids waking with a head moving around like a spider carrying them off to a safer place. Aoife imagined that such was terrifying to a child.

Where: Cave
With Who: Alex and Geoffrey, plus children and an imp (dead if the attack hits it's mark)

Bloodthirsty Lunatic

User Image

Inventory:Bread, foul smelling perfume, rifle with bayonet, and tools

#649ab2

Geoffrey readied his rifle to spear the imp in the throat so he could not sound alert till Aoife handled it for him. Excellent, now if they kept acting like a team this should work out. And with the imp all but dead from Aoife’s surprise attack, yet, if it still lived it. Geoffrey would stab it in back with his bayonet on his rifle as it tried to likely flee. "Alex, break or take the orb, Aoife has the kids under control." The half-goblin said in a hushed tone. The sooner they got the children to safety, the sooner they could deal with what orchestrated this.

User Image

Shadowy Demigod

User Image

Gold:
Yuelia Foxx

Yuelia’s eyes opened up as she pulled her hat up and looked at her watch. While five minutes hasn't passed, yet, the feeling in the pit of her stomach had gotten worse. This made her worry… She got up from her spot, and readied her weapon as she looked towards the others. “I know I said five minutes, but I’m just a bit worried so I’m going in.” She said. “You are welcome to come with, but if not I’ll create some sort of signal to tell you if something is up.” Yuelia started to make her way inside, not waiting for them to follow. Hopefully her gut feeling was wrong, and the other group had just been finishing up.

The Gunner

Hilarious Shapeshifter

User Image

Alex Magnus

The imp went down quickly as he couldn't scream. Alex steps out of the shadows as sighs softly looking at Aoife nodding to her as he looks around seeing most of the kids was cut down and out. He was more worried one would wake up and scream at this point. He didn't want to say it out loud but Aoife and her powers was something she properly never get use to.
Hearing Geoffrey suggest to grab or break it Delta chimes in."I wouldn't want to be around if its damaged in any way."He says with a whispers the resulting blast of releasing was something they could survive in a closed in space.
Alex moved to the orb looking at it he moves his hand to it as it sparks against his hand. Alex looks at Geoffrey as thinking calmly. This will take a bit he hopes they focus on the getting the kids out. Alex could touch it with his hand directly he pulls off his jacket placing it over the orb as it didn't react to it. wrapping the orb up careful as there was a loud crack when he pulled it off its setter. Alex ties his coat around it wrapping it up as he looked at the others as he moves his head as if signaling them lets go he moves carefully to the entrance as the kids was taken out of the cave.

Meanwhile down in the deeper parts of the tunnels the leader of the group was restless. Only a few minutes passed be he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Imp wasn't back yet, the guards above was to quiet as he sighs softly. Ending the meeting with the others he start to slowly make his way up to the upper levels. He was hoping that the imp and the guards was just quietly eating one of the kids. Sighing as he walked calmly he already felt something was wrong as he near the chamber.

Dapper Gekko

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Aoife

Aoife's head freed and set aside the last child, before returning to her body. "Alright, you two haul them out. I'll keep watch and buy you time if something else comes." Aoife went back into the shadows, and moved deeper into the cave. She threw together some simple shadow constructs (little more than strings really) that would help her detect anything coming. One of those shadow strings went across where Alex and Geoffrey could see it. One could assume that if the string were broken, it would mean something was coming.

Where: Cave
With Who: Geoffrey, Alex
Salvador Cervantes
It’s a Skin Condition!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salvador rolled his eyes at how predictably unsettling things were. "It'll be fine. Not like we're dealing with child abducting abominationsss or anything." Sighing at the fact that there was now over a 50:50 chance of this whole operation being a scratch, he kept preparing the trap at the entrance as things remained uncomfortably quiet. Having prepared five rounds, he tugged on the cable to make sure that it was tightly affixed. About to continue preparing, he groaned and looked at Mazo. "Oh, fine. I'm getting guilted enough here. I don't want to go in there, but everyone isss going to look at me all funny if I don't." Turning to the mouth of the cave, he stiffened as a feeling of dread washed over him. He could feel a burning sensation in his nose, but not one related to the smell of sulfur in the air. "Aw crap. What the hell isss down there?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff