Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Story~

Once in the land of Evonn there were five kingdoms that lived in harmony with one another. Each varied from one another, like some being more technology focused or magically, but they knew that they each had something to better the others with. One day, on the coronation of the Prince of Rherania, tragedy stuck as monsters began to storm the capital of Osprey. Creatures far different than the normal beasts of their land. The newly crowned King, took up arms against the monsters, as well as sent a messenger to ask for aid. What the new King didn’t know was that the other kingdoms were facing the same problem.

As time passed, and their kingdoms became stable, the rulers came together and held a summit, to figure out what to do. Reports from scouts had confirmed what looked to be a portal, where the monsters were pouring out from. Any attempt to get near it to try to close it, was met with a slaughter. Their armies’ numbers were declining fast, and there appeared to be no end to the monsters. The Knight, due to his valor and heroics, was named the new King and attended the summit as well. The newly appointed King thought up a temporary solution to their dilemma. For now their armies would retreat, and bounties would be placed on the monsters heads. If anyone could best them, and kill them, would be paid handsomely. This would give the armies a chance to recover, and plan an assault on the when they were back at full strength. The young King was praised for his quick thinking, and the plan was put into motion.

Many years after the summit, the Kingdoms are no were close to closing the portal. Monsters are still around, but life goes on, thanks to the hunters. The temporary solution turned into a new profession, and schools were created that specialized in teaching those that would pay how to hunt or use magic. People learned to use the pieces left over by monsters to make weapons and fortifications to defend themselves, as well as find a use for the meat and hides left behind. Overseeing this was a guild, also formed by the Kingdoms, to oversee and group the hunters to deal with large threats. You are a hunter, who has just been admitted to the guild. The reasons why you hunt are your own. Whether it is for justice, for glory and riches, or just to be in the heat of battle, your journey begins here.

As the world is continuously changing due to the energy of the portals. The creatures are starting to become more restlessly, more bold as chatter from the ones you can understand says they are awaking and bring an end to humanity. Yet, its just a loud rumor that seems to motivate them as it been said for ages but the winds of change are here and its blowing Hurricane. So Hunters stay on the top of your game, cause our countermeasures to our monster problems may not last much longer.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

Rules:

Obey Tos: Self-explanatory...

Romance will remain Pg-13: s**t is gonna go down here. It's gonna get violent, but that romance better stay below Pg-13.

No killing unless both parties are in agreement: Again, self-explanatory...

No god mod: Another self-explanatory rule...Also I don't think I need to mention the ban-hammer dropping on you if you are a repeat offender? Good

Also no arguing, spamming, etc. Be kind and rewind. Cause if I come to the rp and see 10 pages of fighting. All parties involved are ban, don't care who started it or what its about. As well as someone being a jerk to other for no reason. My word is law remember that.

Semi lit: While I can read any post, some people can't. So please write at least one paragraph, three to five sentences, per post. Spelling errors are okay once in a while.

This isn't a pure fantasy rp. Guns are allowed, handguns, as well as some technology, such as steam. Ask if you want to know the limits. Ancient weapons are cool as well, never rule out the classics like bows and arrows, clubs, Etc.

Due to the nature of this rp, your character can't be a full creature. For example you can't be a full werewolf. However Half-breeds are allowed [Nothing outrages cause if I see something idiotic you will not be accepted]. Be wary though as most of the world doesn't look to kindly on them, and calls them Porp. {Short for Portal Poppers}

Quotations: Please don't go over board with them. I understand quoted a post to let someone know you posted but when its a million of them. Yea....That becomes a issue. So careful with those please and thank you.

Pm profile with a mrgreen and MeanJoeGreen in the subjects, so I know you got this far in the rules at-least.

I reserve the right to say no to a profile.

Once accepted post your profile in the Profile form. Do it before Its approved I guess I don't have to explain what a blacklist is for.

I know we have lives, but try for one post a week, and don't be mad when a character leaves yours because you were gone for a week. Me, personally I have a three day rule for post. So not to keep others waiting.

I will add rules as I see fit.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

Profile:

-Two character Limit-

Profile page

OCC

[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Race:[/b]{ Human or Half-Human?}
[b]Gender: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Home Kingdom and Town: [/b] [i]{Ex: Kingdom of Cadalerwen: Diepling (This doesn't restrict you to a specific weapon, focus, body-type, etc.)} [/i]
[b]Weapons:[/b] [i]{You can have two weapons. They can both be normal, or one charged. Only normal weapons when you start.} [/i]
[b]Focus:[/b] [i]{Magic/Power} {You get one and only one for now, but there are ways to get more. At max you can have two.} [/i]
[b]Bio: [/b] [i]{Yea, going to need at least a paragraph here }[/i]
[b]Guild Rank/Class: [/b][i]{Keep blank for now.}[/i]

Hilarious Shapeshifter

Hunter's Guild:

Creed: In mankind’s darkest hour, we became the hands of a clock counting down to the time when the world would be safe again.

The Hunter Guild was created several years after the incident. Quests were distributed poorly, too many people would accept the same one, finished ones would still be up for grabs, et cetera, so the guild was created to alleviate this. When a monster appears, they are given the information on it and its whereabouts. After they from a quest, for a hunter to take. When the quest is complete the person, company, kingdom, etc gives the guild the gold. They take a large portion of it, and give the rest to the hunters as payment.

You have two ways of entering the guild. The first is the more common and simpler of the two, and that’s going through a hunting/focus school. After going through school the students are admitted to the guild. The second is through recommendations. Someone from the guild saw the person’s ability, and recommended them to the guild. All those admitted start at the Rookie rank, and go through the trials and missions to gain ranks. This usually this thins out the herd, meaning those that make the cut are the best at what they do. For every five missions your rank increases, from D to A. Depending on how well you do over time, you may also be offered a serious position in the guild. It comes with perks that will be revealed later in the story. The guild is located on a secluded island, and requires a special portal configuration to get too.

Guild Rank/Profession
Trainee - D rank Hunters

Rookie - C ranked Hunters

Champion - B ranked Hunters

Ace - A Ranked hunters

Master - S ranked hunters
[Rank is given by the guild master for special cases.]

Arms Master (Up close and personal guild members.)
Tracker (Long range and scout like guild members.)
Mysticist (Focus Skilled guild members.)
(You can have dual professions. For example Tom is mainly an Arms Master with a Tracker as is second profession. While he prefers being right in front of the monsters, when needed, he can fall back and cause distractions/damage from a far.
I will choose your profession based on what I read your character doing. But feel free to suggest something if you like. If you have an Idea for a new profession.)

Hunting For Dummies:

Party/Gold system:
When a quest shows up anyone can take it. The quest will have amount of gold attached to it. When finishing a quest as a group the gold will be split between you.
A two to four person party is required to start a quest normally, unless there aren’t enough people in the rp. If so you will have a random guild member, NPC, join you to fill the spot/spots. {Keep track of your gold. Add a 'Gold:' to your post style for easy tracking.}

Botching a Quest:
Not all quests are a straight forward kill the monster. For example there can be a quest, where all you have to do is find a child. These kinds of quests can be botched. In the example, let’s say the child is injured when you bring them back. This will result in a serious decrease in gold.

What gold is used for: Gold can be used in a number of ways in the guild shop. It is also used for special weapons. Check to see what's there below.
Focus License: Due to the events of the past, Focus {Magic} is no longer restricted to the Noble/Royal Families. They don’t want to get their hands dirty or die, therefore Focus schools have been opened to teach people the craft.
When training is complete they are given a license to show they are legally allowed to use a, or many, Focuses. If a Focus is used to attack another person, without probable cause, then the license is taken away and the person is suspend from using magic for a time. Those that use a focus without a license are hunted down and killed, no trial or jail.

Monster attack: Massive waves of monsters will attack a certain place, town, or kingdom at random during the roleplay. The people there, or people that make their way there, will be given gold for participation and successful defense of the area.

Story Quest: Once a certain number of quests are completed, I will open up a special quest in which any number of people can join, though a minimum of four is needed. In this quest is a hard intelligent boss monster that can "Critically Injure" you if you’re not careful, but you will be rewarded if you manage to survive. The fight works as followed: Four times during the battle I will post an attack with a dice roll on it. You must match or beat the roll to survive the attack, but if you don’t you are injured. There is still a chance for you to not be, but it risks other players. Someone surviving the roll can title their next post Back up: Name Here, and roll again to protect you. That number is added to yours, and if it beats the monster’s roll you’re saved. If it doesn't however, both parties are injured. You can only back up one person. If you feel like giving up, running is also an option. Title your post run, with a roll. This leaves your back open, since you’re retreating, and you will be attack with a roll. You win your retreat is successful, you lose you’re injured, removing the ability to run without assistance.

Ex:

Me: 100 to You: 50 = Critically Injured

Me: 50 to You: 100 = Survive

Me: 100 to You and a Friend: 150= Survive

Me: 100 to You and a Friend: 90= Both Critically Injured

You Retreat: 100 to My Attack: 10= Successful Retreat

You Retreat: 10 to My Attack: 100= Failed Retreat Resulting in a Critical Injury

How "Critical Injury" works: Let’s face it, in truth not everyone will escape a battle unharmed. Critically injured is what happens when you are harmed in a big battle. Rather than be killed losing to a role in a story battle, will result in the critical injury of your character. From there you have to wait an in rp week[Not in real time], before they heal up naturally, play with another character you have, or buy a healing stone from the guild.

Guild Portals and Communication Rings: To make getting to quests much easier, the Hunters Guild has installed portals in each capital and town. The portals don’t cost anything to use. They have also given hunters communication rings. These rings allow for hunters on a quest together to talk with one another on a mental level. The rings are also free.

Not every weapon/focus will work in certain situations...Fair warning...

Gold Upgrades:

Starter pack: Unleashing you inner power (Unlock your first focus.): Can get at any time. Must not have a focus already, and your focus license that cost 1000 gold. Take it to the broker and he/she will do the rest.
Advancement: Breaking down the final barrier (Unlock a second focus.): Must have 5000 gold, be in a guild, and bring the item that is needed by the broker to unlock your powers. The item that is need cost you nothing, you just have to go and hunt for it. Rare hunts normally have the items your looking for it there....Maybe.

Equipment:
My Weapon is my Soul:: Instill one of your focuses into one of your weapons for 3000 gold and the something Extra. {Ex: A sword that does ice damage. Focus and weapon must be the character’s, and can’t be traded with another character.) The Broker will help with this as well.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely {Third focus}: Must be guild rank S and have 250000 gold.

I need a Medic:A stone that heals you from being “Critically Injured” for 5000 gold, able to be used twice.

The Broker's Pact/Favor Quests:

To get a pact quest, ask The Broker for more power. Hints cost 500 gold. Pact also serve a second purpose, as they may know things you don't, and would be willing to share what they know with you. Great for dealing with tough monsters, or learning more about bosses.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

NPC's:
The important ones.

[~More will be added later if need be.~]

Guild Master: Haro Taiheiyoo

Guild Store owner: The Broker

Guild receptionist and secretary of the Guild master:Mary [She is tougher then she looks.]

The Broker: Explanation

The Broker himself at-least we think its a he. I mean we heard a women voice from the Broker a few time not sure what that was about.
Either way the Broker appeared at the hunter guild one day offering it's services. Seem to have the abilities to make focus, healing stones, gather information, and assist Hunters in there quests. The Broker is loyal to the hunters this has been proven by the Guild-master himself.
As for how the Broker appears at every Guild outpost when need we are not sure of how the Broker gets around. When asked he never answers, what he is most will just say he is an enigma wrapped in a mystery and topped off with a bit of brain teaser. Its best not to ask question about the Broker, you just hurt your head and he never gives a straight answer. Just know he is loyal to the hunters and will help where he can.

Broker's Shop:

His shop when it become available to you. Is one of the strangest things around. How and where he obtain the things he sell? You will only question it once then not complain about it.
What he sells is:
Information:
Healing Stones:
Focus Materials: [This is what you need to make your second Focus hunters not cheap.]
Exotic weapons / parts :[If you need something special the Broker can find it.]
Forging focus imbued weapons: {If he in a good mood anyway.}

As for services he offers, for those that want a extra edge in battle. Such as Pact quests/ Favors, these quests aren't straight-forward so...Yea Take at your own risk.
Payment for the Broker varies, so keep an open mind if he ask for something beside gold.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

Kingdoms:

1: Kingdom of Lotheakor: The Kingdom of Lotheakor, and their capital of Caerleon,is located in the northwest mountains of Evonn. They are more focused and more ahead in technology than the other kingdoms, due to the pockets of magma under the mountains producing lots of heat, energy, and precious metals. The mountains themselves are dangerous to fight on, so they invented powerful long range weapons, like guns and rifles, golems, armor, and maneuverable gear to help them fight. Towns: 1: Pwllheli 2: Llanmelin

2: Kingdom of Rherania: The Kingdom of Rherania, and their capital of Osprey, is in the central part of Evonn. They are a melting pot of all the other kingdoms, and also known as the best place to be taught to become a hunter/focus user. Seeing as they are the closest to the portal. Due to the distance of the portal, they’ve created walls to protect themselves, and for years it has worked out quite well. Towns: 3: Niobrara 4: Orro

3: Kingdom of Ocirin: The Kingdom of Ocirin, and their capital of Asahi, is located in the southeast ocean of Evonn. They are often given the nickname of ‘Gillies’ due to the fact that they are the fastest swimmers and can hold their breath under water for long periods of time, due to part of their main food source being from the water. They’re also good at underwater combat; due to the monsters that attack them coming from the sea. Towns: 5: Hara 6: Tafusa

4: Kingdom of Frerili: The Kingdom of Frerili, and their capital of Tormasovo, is located in the frigid northeast of Evonn. Of all the kingdoms they are the ones that work the hardest, and have the most endurance. The only kingdom coming close would be Lotheakor. This is because the area is just a cold waste land, where you must keep working to survive. They are also excellent trackers, because the snow makes it harder to find creatures so they must be more through in their search. Expect a person from here to run for hours during a hunt, and never be tired. Towns: 7: Byrkovka 8: Voytekhi

5: Kingdom of Cadalerwen: The Kingdom of Cadalerwen, and their capital of Diepling, is located to the southwest lands of Evonn. Often they are known as the Land of Death, due to the fact that very little grows there and their people usually having weak constitutions. This doesn’t mean they are pushovers. What do grow there are powerful herbs and poisons, making them great at helping friends and great for crippling enemies. Also due to them being sick, they have the best healers and doctors around. Towns: 9: Eupel 10: Geisbach

Hilarious Shapeshifter

Story Quests:

Quest Thread will be updated weekly.

Nothing

Quests:

1: Kingdom of Lotheakor Quests:

2: Kingdom of Rherania Quests:

3: Kingdom of Ocirin Quests:

4: Kingdom of Frerili Quests:

5: Kingdom of Cadalerwen Quests:

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Guild Ranks/professions~

-Will update as rp does-

Guild Master: Haro Taiheiyoo - Master Hunter, Arms Master. Played by Blacklitewatts60

Guild receptionist and secretary of the Guild master: Mary - Ace Hunter, Mysticist. Played by Blacklitewatts60

Guild Store owner: The Broker - Classified, In truth we aren't sure. Played by Blacklitewatts60

------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Hunter: Alex Magnus - Rookie Hunter, Arm master/Mysticist. Played by Blacklitewatts60

Guild Hunter: Salvador Cervantes - Rookie Hunter, Tracker. Played by Sour Crouton

Guild Hunter: Yuelia Foxx - Rookie Hunter, Tracker/Mysticist. Played by Kaizme

Guild Hunter: Mazo Orvish - Trainee Hunter, Arm Master. Played by Chaotic-Roach

Guild Hunter: Geoffrey “Gnarl” Mangrove - Trainee Hunter, Tracker. Played by Taroso Wolfstein

Guild Hunter: Aoife ( "ee fa" ) - Trainee Hunter, Arm Master. Played by OmegaU

Guild Hunter: Estasia Steller - Trainee Hunter, Tracker Played by Oni Ignasha

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Reserved~

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Reserved~

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Reserved~

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Reserved~

Hilarious Shapeshifter

~Reserved~