Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you join?

Yes 0.51219512195122 51.2% [ 21 ]
Maybe 0.14634146341463 14.6% [ 6 ]
No 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 5 ]
Cookies!!! 0.21951219512195 22.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 > >>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Flynn Marlin

“I like you...because you are the first person here to come up and actually talk to me.”

"Well, if I'd known the way to curry favour with a princess was to make fun of her I'd have tried it much sooner, he said, eyebrow almost continuously cocked. "Well, if I weren't quite as worried about the legislative power of other royalty. You know how it is, I'm sure."

The case, or how it appeared, was either that this girl had a rapidly flipping personality -- one moment barking orders at a servant and the next declaring whatever degree of affection her statement implied (facetious or otherwise) -- or Flynn had walked in at a time which was less than convenient for the princess. Character assassination by happenstance. The universe had a way of making even simple things like conversation incredibly difficult.

"Ah, of course." he said, raising his eyebrows with closed eyes in a half-sincere gesture of capitulation. His blonde hair covered the gently pointed tips of his ears. If she was keen she might have noticed Elven heritage in the sharpness of his features, or the grace with which he moved -- or in this case the stillness with which he stood. "I certainly am foreign to the concept of half-bloodedness. Would you have preferred to be a women or a mote of smoke and flame, then? Really, I..." Flynn paused. What was he even doing. Are these the lengths that boredom can drive a man to? Then being idle is being wicked.

There was no mistaking her tone. The slight waver, the beginnings and ends of words running together. His ears, more sensitive than most humans', could determine much from a person's tone. This gave Flynn a small advantage in conversation. "I...I don't really know why I'm giving you such a hard time. I've just been stuck in this castle for a month, now."

Health: 100%
Tagged:
xXLemon-DemonXx

((No problem. I'm kind of distracted as well.))

Romantic Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Abigale Flame

Look into your gilded mirror Turn your back to me I care not for your pointless fear Or for your vanity

Brush your hair and gloss your lips Perfection, Lady Fair Don't let desire escape your grip Or fall into despair

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Abigale cocked a smile at the tall blonde, feeling less threatened by his graceful demeanor. She nodded her head in silence, more focused on finishing her “breakfast” than conversing with people who her name but she knew not of theirs. The girl licked her fingers on completion of the apple, holding the core in the other hand. She knew she looked anything but lady like, but she wasn’t trying to prove anything at this point. He was comparing her to the feminine wife of her brother or the other noble ladies that wore dresses and talked quiet eloquently.

Yes, if the half blood had been a bit more observant, she would have noticed that her conversation partner was not all just one thing. If she had actually looked him over instead of just rolling her orange eyes over his broad shoulders and tall figure, she might have noticed his pointed ears that peeked out from beneath his golden hair. But lately, the only thing the princess was good at observing was how much people were displeased in her presence her in the castle of Athlem. They didn’t want another possible heir, not when the princes’ were fighting for the spot to rule the land.

“I do wish sometimes I had been fully human or just plain Elemental, seeing as neither country really wanted anything to do with such a half breed child.”

It sort of shocked the princess, in a good way that she was actually talking to someone about her personal feelings. Not many paused and asked her about how she felt. They just assumed that she was okay with everything: from the situation she was thrown into and having everything she knew ripped away from her. Before all of these royal perks she had to perform for a living, fighting everyday to keep coin in her purse. Now, she had an overflowing purse and no idea how to spend it at all.

“But apparently I am need for something if I was sent here. My Elemental people must have a little faith in their rebellious princess.”

The man mentioned he had been here at the castle for a month now. That perked her intrest, seeing as she had been her for maybe a week and still didn’t know her way around the halls. The tall man didn’t seem like he was too terrible busy, nor did he seem to be in any rush to get anywhere. The idea hit her. Why not have this fine gentleman walk her around. It would keep her from her boredom and maybe she would actually get to know her way around this foreign kingdom. Her lips parted in a smile as she began to speak.

“A month is longer than a week. Care to show me around this place? My bearings are still all over the place.”

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Black silk, hide her hand from view Never to be seen Her love, you shalln't dare pursue The titleless vain queen

She who's gorgeous made her plans And then started to see She held the mirror with empty hands Beautiful, not free

Out of Condoms++==Last post for the night, I need to get some sleep.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Flynn Marlin

One thing she was right about was the half-elf's internal comparisons. He couldn't help but compare Abi to Richard's wife. He'd always liked her, but maybe that was an extension of his high thoughts of the prince. True, he had never met either of them except for in the most fleeting sense -- there is little opportunity for conversation when your job is to stand perfectly still by a door. This girl didn't strike him as very lady-like at all. Not that it was a bad thing. The humdrum of aristocratic etiquette wears on a man. At least this girl said what she meant.

"I think the easiest thing to do is not to wear it on your sleeve." Flynn said. He rolled down one white sleeve of his shirt and held it up next to the fabric on her forearm. "See? Doesn't yours just scream fire girl?"

He figured he'd draw this out as long as it could. It was always interesting to see how long it took for people to figure out his status as a half-blooded b*****d. Probably more than half of the people in the castle thought he was just another human working guard duty. He wasn't the kind of person to introduce himself as Flynn Half-Elven, or The b*****d Marlin. Those were things that only garnered the stink eye from nobles who thought those things mattered, and the pity of those who pretend they don't.

"I'd be more than happy to show you around. I could use some company, to be honest, and something to do. Can you believe I've been here a month and not one attempt has been made on Richard's life?" Flynn clapped his hand over his mouth in feigned shock. "What's a man supposed to do? My job is at stake here." He returned her smile. He was glad she was warming up to him, and he delighted in the very obvious pun.

Health: 100%
Tagged:
xXLemon-DemonXx

Mimiika's Wife

Familiar Poster

User Image
User Image

xxxxxƤrince ℛichard ℛeinheartxxxxx
Ƒor Ƥeace Ąnd Ӊarmony

Hearing his brother’s words, Richard relaxed not by very much however unsure what his brother way thinking about the situation. One thing for sure, he was going to find out later, calling a meeting with the council so rapidly would possibly mean there would be missing attendances. Putting that aside, he didn’t dare risk Cathleen’s health anymore than he already had.
"I have no problem brother" he said before getting to his feet knowing if he didn’t make a move then he would never leave the meeting room fearing curiosity would take over his better judgement. As he was about to mention that it would be best to leave to get Cathleen seen to, he noticed Corin had entered the room and had begun treating her. He was grateful that he was helping her but at the same time he felt uneasy knowing he sided with his brother rather than himself, but it wasn’t the time for holding grudges. So long as Cathleen was well that was the important bit and allowed him to focus on task in front of him.
"Please forgive me when I ask this but, what do you need the sewers for?" he said hoping Alnark would not take offense but knew the council would want as much detail in order to decide the outcome. The thought of them wanting the sewers came back into his head and in truth hoped it wouldn’t that but did at the same time. He wanted himself to be right so that it would be passed but he didn’t want to see them living in poor conditions either. They were far from vermin that he knew lived down there.
((Out Of Consciousness: woke up 3 hours early so yeah got a chance to post might not be brilliant as I’m sleepy, had about 4 hours sleep if that))

User Image
User Image
Zwell Vailstorm
Bodyguard to the Black Rose

Im at the dragons field

Zwell had arrived at the castle not that long ago. He was late to the meeting but hey he was just a bodyguard like he was needed for idle chit chat. Looking around he mentioned to one of the guards that if William Reinheart needed to know if Zwell Vailstorm was hear that he was and he was going to the dragon fields. The mere though of those fields kind of interested Zwell. He was a half dragon but for that to happen a dragon needs to grow vary powerful and ancient to be able to take human form. As well seeing young dragons might be kinda funny to Zwell since he could bet that in his dragon for he could take a few of them before he was forced back into human form. So Zwell went to the dragon fields.

Zwell arrived to the place and looked about. It was kinda interesting but if anything the dragons here were pitifully. They didn't even feel like a real dragon to Zwell. He decided to go up close to one of them. Walking up to the closest dragon and went to put his hand on it. Since for one Zwell was a stranger to these dragons and two he had a light sent of a dragon on him the dragon roared at him. "O shut your maw little one." Zwell spoke in the ancient tongue of the dragons the dragons stopped its roar and moved its head back. Zwell then put his hand on its head. "Now that was not so hard now was it." He chuckled lightly and shook his head.
Alnark de Smerkch
Grand Majestic Mouth of the Clenchtooth
User Image
User Image

User Image

Alnark paused unsure of what to make of the answer. "We use the sewers to our own ends, as a means of travelling without swarming the above-ground. There a lot of us, and to have us all simply sat outside your walls isn't safe - normally we would simply set up barricades, but we are suffering from a plague ailment at the moment and so our able warriors are much fewer in number. Furthermore, many of us would be unable to flee if it came to it... getting here really hasn't been easy. Being in the sewers would provide us with protection, and it's an easy source of habitation. As I said, were we above ground, we would fill the streets almost comletely, it would be completely impractical and I honestly doubt your people would take kindly to it."

He hesitated for a moment - this was the first thing the two princes seemed to actually agree upon. "...Also, you say this will be a council decision? How long will my people have to wait before they can enter the city?"

Romantic Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

i a m n o t a l o n e , j u s t l o n e l y . . .
█████ █ █yummy!Can you not see the she wolf in my closet?
wolfwolfwolfwolfcarnivore

┄┄┄❝Do you judge me for the pet that I am not?❞┄┄┄
XXXXXXXXXXI AM NO LONGER A PET!

━━━━━ ━━━━ xx
The morning sure was a quiet one, offering little to do. Well, besides the giant rat people that seemed to be camped outside of the city walls, but a certain person didn't have time to deal with thinking about any unusual. Her job was always at stake, especially when people where becoming so judgy these days. They didn't care whose feelings they trampeled on when they spoke out in anger, and she had heard a lot of nasty rumors about the new princess that had travelled her all the way from the Desert of Arila, claiming she was of royal decent.

The tiny female could believe that such a girl was of royal birth, seeing so much of the king's father in her, especially in the eyes. Not many saw it, but not many had lived as long as this one, so their eyes were clouded with prejiduce and hate for things they did not know. It helped that she was probably one of the eldest people that lived in the kingdom, well more like forced to stay at this point.

Melvira, last name unknown, is a tiny girl, standing at the height of your average child. If that wasn't odd enough, her white hair and teal eyes make her stand out even more. Some mistake her for an old biddy, which isn't half wrong, but that is only because they see only her white hair and that has been her hair color since birth. Oh, that isn't weird enough you say? Well, since most have lost this knowledge over the years, Melvira is a Beastmaster, graced with the talent to talk to animals, any animals: Mythical or normal. Besides, she also has wolf ears and tails, often making her mistaken for a half breed lycan or a wolf demon, both in which she is neither of.

But, like any other day for a serving girl, the day could not be stopped just because one thought they controlled time. Nobody controlled time and there was still work that needed to be done. Animals still needed to be feed even if the kingdom was splitting itself in half over which prince should rule. Truthfully, Melvira didn't care which way or another. Both princes showed great potential and some major faults, but most choose to overlook both sides of the coin like she did.

Melvira sighhed, shaking her full head of white hair, there was so much work to be done and most of the servants had wandered off some where, so she was stuck with the grunt of the work. "I may be a Beastmaster, but that doesn't mean I can suddenly lift a thousand times my own weigh." She sighed, running a small hand through her white locks. A semi-large wolf followed behin the female, a rope around its mouth, for the protection of everyone but Melvira. Even though the wolf was seen on a daily basis, following the short female around, Trouble was still a wild wolf and gave into the temptaion of an easy meal. So, Melvira placed a rop muzzel around her familars face, keeping the peace between the staff, animals, and the large wolf, who might I add looked ten times its orgnial size when standing near its master.

(( Sorry if it is kinda crappy, I wanted to get this post out of the way. I will get to posting as Abigale later, I have to go now ))
User Image

OPHELIA katsa affine

❝ Ophelia was glad that Talissa didn't recognize her, since it would be better to tell her later after what seems to be a serious discussion. She stood there, unsure of what to do but if she left so suddenly it would also seem odd. Thoughts rapidly passed into her head and out, she snapped back to reality when one of Alnark's Tooth seemed to be sniffing her. She wasn't horrified by it because she some Tooths due to her father, so she's use to them. As she looked at her surroundings, she felt the atmosphere growing more gray as the minutes passed by. Lady Cathleen seemed to be faint and pale, looking as if she just didn't want to be there and the princes, well they seemed to be in a tight situation as the leader of the Clenchtooth Clan requested to use the city sewer's system. The sewer system ... ? That seems a tad unpleasant.

But as she put more thought to it, it seemed reasonable to allow the Clenchtooth Clan to use the city's sewer system as long as they don't bother with the workings of it. Enemies and monsters of all sorts could pass into their city through the sewer systems and if the princes created an alliance with the Tooths, then they could protect the citizens of the kingdom. Or maybe she was thinking it over too quickly, for if it was that easy, then they would've agreed already. She crossed her arms, as she went back to her skeptical thoughts.

Falcon

Thorn Leader

User Image

Falcon Smiled as he slapped Vincint on his shoulder. At long last his plan was coming to fruition. He was stood outside the "Bloodied Claw" the tavern which he and Vincint just bought. The next step was to wait for potential recruits to find there way to him, the days before the grand opening himself and Vincint spread words of rumour of an up coming gang who are looking for members to join there gang and word has it the Infamous Falcon was the leader of the group which many thief's and assassins were keen to meet and work for. "This is a glorious day, which many will soon remember as the day the Thorns rose out from the ground" Falcon said slapping his friend on the shoulder again. "Indeed, it was about time aswell these so called gangs which populate the area are nothing but weaklings acting hard" Vincint said in disgust spitting on the floor. Walking in Falcon took a seat behind the bar while Vincint poored them a good healthy glass of whisky. Falcon took out a dagger and stabbed Vincints Finger and squeezed blood out of his had into both cups. Doing the same with his own hand he dripped his own blood into both cups. "Let it be known we are now brothers by oath and by blood" Falcon said proudly to his one and only true friend. Vincint angry at Falcon soon smiled and both hit there cups and downed there drink. "A little warning next time would be appreciated next time......ah look customers already you best go hide for now, we wouldn't want people recognising you straight off would we?" Vincint whispered to Falcon quietly. Falcon nodded and headed down into the basement and through the hidden passage. the door was that of a giant vat of ale hollowed out and leading down into a tunnel. Following down the tunnel Falcon soon came to the main hideout. It held ten rooms all with a bed and wardrobe there was a large room for training and Lounge for sitting and resting in, or to share stories of jobs completed. And two master rooms one for Falcon and one for Vincint both holding a room which was equal to that of a kings grand room. Falcon and Vincint had managed to precure such items and create such a lavish hideout. The Builders of course were killed in there sleep and so far only Falcon and Vincint knew of its existance.

Vincint Fawkes

Face of the Thorns

User Image

MelloJello29's Other Half

Wealthy Ladykiller

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
indentedherepressx

User Image

xxxLivy Thielexxx

Livy took a wiff of the little cube and had to agree with Tiberius. "Yeah...he hasn't even tried." she huffed. It had been a frustrating few attempts with him. Sometimes he would get close and start flapping his wings and get a centimeter off the ground but that was the most. "I know his wings are small for his age but even that should get him more than an inch off the ground by now." she sighed. When it came to dragons, Psyke probably the best person to go to. He always had the solution to the problems she couldn't solve. And then there was the fact he could actually understand them and communicate back to them, a skill Livy never had.
                                "And if you take us with you on your epic quests, who would stay here with the rest of the dragons?" Livy teased. They were really the only two who were around. Well, them and the children who needed to find ways to keep themselves busy. And all they really did was throw food out for them. Someone more experienced had to stay behind and make sure no one got out.

Out Of Carthage: xD

User Image

Pyske Leonheart

Popular Genius

User Image

Noble from the Forest of Ascetic

⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹

Corin dropped the crushed seed into Lady Cathleen's hand, noding slightly to the knight ha backed up to Prince William, "If you don't mind, I'm going to take Lady Arcadia to the surgeon to receive treatment from a laced arrow." He said with a short bow, the tension of the room was wrenching as he left the welcome parlor.

"Mademoiselle, Lets get you to the surgeon I do believe that he is this way, pointing on down toward the kitchens as he walked. I see you've tried the nasturtium flowers, but not so much to your taste are they?" Smiling he held out his hand to help the woman up.

Noticing the box again, "if that is for the princes I think you should wait to deliver that... but if it's for someone else by all means go ahead, that is after we get you to the surgeon. Either way it's just my opinion." He continued passing more doors.

⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹

{Out Of Cappuccinos:Sorry about the short post having computer..... issues >.< and a little writers block....}

xxx

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

▫—(•·÷[ Prince William Reinheart ]÷·•)—▫

"Servus Ad Fata..."

"Da me dormientes sine somnia..."

The True King

╔══════════════╗

William nodded, considering what the rat man asked. "I will try and see to it that we can convene the council as soon as possible, perhaps even within the day." It looked like a simple and convenient solution. It was better than the rats spreading the plague to their human subjects, they would be partially quarantined to one area, and it would be easier to prepare for any deceit or invasion when he knew all the places they could attack from. He turned to his brother, just then noticing his wife's condition. "You and your wife should go and rest. I'm sure that these meetings have been stressful enough for you." Despite what he said seeming to be out of care, there was little to no warmth or kindness in his voice... Yet there was also no real malevolence to it either. He spoke to his brother with an almost formal tone of voice, as though they were discussing business.

He gave a nod when Corin asked to leave, he wasn't going to stop the man from going where he pleased, especially if someone needed help. He turned his attention back to the rat. "You are guests in our city, you're welcome to stay for as long as you feel is right. However, we ask that you can give us a basic census on your clan's size. How many children and farmers there are, how many merchants, warriors, etcetera. It's just so we can better accommodate you, it would be difficult to fit your people into the sewers if there were a million of them or anything like that, and it would be good to know which of your people were in the city to conduct business." By asking for a census, they would know a potential enemy's strength, and could better defend against it, and with the way he worded it, it would be seen as simply rude to refuse to answer it. Many could call William paranoid, but it was for the good of the kingdom.

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Psyke Leonheart
User Image
The Dragon does not always represent strength

Psyke smiled when Livy began to question who would watch over the hatchery. "Well the kids know how to feed the dragons and they like to play with them," he said as he looked off to the side and thought for a while. "We ask the blacksmith to help watch the place i mean he's just right next door," he said as he leaned against the door. "The guards do their rounds every 20 minutes so they can help keep this place under control as well," Psyke said as he let out a sigh.

Psyke was about to speak, but stopped when he heard a creek above in the rafters. Psyke's eyes suddenly turned crimson red when he placed his hand on Heavens Mercy which was mounted on his side. In one swift motion Psyke drew his sword and a massive gust of wind shot diagonally upward a shadowy figure who leaped at Livy from above. The wind shot past the figure and knocked him against the wall. "Livy we have a guest," he said as he noticed a Thorn crest tattooed on the mans face. "Livy stay behind me," he said as he drew Hell's wrath and stepped in front of Livia. "Stay down if you wish to live," Psyke said as the man stood up with an evil grin on his face. The man was about to leap forward, but before he could even take a step Psyke had already swung his sword tripping the man. "Perhapse you did not hear me," Psyke said as the man tried to push himself up. Within the blink of an eye Heaven and Hell were both stabbed into the mans back instantly killing the man. "Pathetic slime i warned you," Psyke said as his cold crimson red eyes watched the blood spill from the mans body. This was a rear side to see from Psyke, but when the man attacked Livia it seemed to have struck a nerve.
It sometimes represents wisdom and strength of heart

Kingdom: Phoenix

Tipsy Lunatic

Too long.

It clearly Had been far too long since he had come to the Palace, else he would not be having this many problems.

The man had come to the royal abode only this morning, and, after gaining at entrance at the main gates, proceeded to wander the halls mostly unimpeded. The lone person moving about the castle with a confused look on his face in and of itself would not be strange, as there were many people moving to and fro in the magnificently sprawling corridors of the royal estate. However, most of those individuals did not move about covering themselves in a heavy Hood and cloak, especially so soon after an assassination.attempt, when strangers would be scrutinized more harshly than ever, if in fact they were allowed on the grounds at all. In fact the very idea that such a man could be moving unmolested through the hallways was nearly ludicrous, and yet here this man was, moving as he pleased without fear of soldiers or guards halting his progress... for the most part.

Twice, that theory had been tested and only once had it had to end in violence. The poor, mostly unconscious, ignorant guardsman having to be stashed in a shadowy corner behind a potted plant following the altercation.

Still, despite the hardships, this visitor knew well the ways of the palace and it had not been so overlong since he had set foot in them that their labyrinth turns had totally slipped from his mind. He had been narrowing the search for his quarry slowly, true. Yet he was Narrowing it.

At last, he heard the voice he had been searching for, coming from the meeting hall, in conversation with what sounded to be a massive crowd. Too Many People... he thought to himself, slipping to the side of the hallway to wait for his quarry to emerge.

Too Many People will ruin it...

Brilliant Bibliophile

12,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
She smiled when she saw Corin coming back into the room. She picked up her cloak, bag and box and took his hand to help her to her feet. "They were a little to spicey for my liking, but I can already feel that it's working," she replied, slightly surprised. She was putting the box back into her bag when Corin mentioned it. "Oh, this isn't for the Princes', it's my father's. He asked me to bring it to him," she explained as they walked.

She recalled having a surgeon come to her home when she was younger. She and her father had been out in the forest riding and she had fallen off of her horse and badly cut her arm...the same arm actually. She chuckled softly to herself at the memory. A gnawing feeling came from the pit of her stomach and she realized that she hadn't eaten anything since she left home. She wondered if Corin had eaten yet. "Lord Corin, would you like to join me to eat after the surgeon has fixed me up?" she inquired. She knew he was on Prince William's side, but it just didn't matter to her. Their families had been friendly to each other before the King's death and she hoped that it would not change just because he passed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff