Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100
User ImageUser Image
Єtzץ & Єzเσ

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Etzy was kinda curious on if the boy would actually fire the gun or not, so she was slightly disappointed when instead of shooting the gun the boy kicked it instead. She sighed lightly as the escapade with the child and Minni unfolded leaving her, Ezio, Presea, and Adia slightly behind them. Etzy was in no hurry to catch up, after all she was only human what else could she possibly do against two Mysticals? No this was now up tot he rest of the group. Looking around Ezty managed to find the abandoned tranquilizer gun the child had kicked earlier. It was now completely covered in mud and useless even with darts until she could clean the thing out.

She wiped it as best she could for now and hide it back away making a mental note to take the time to clean it later. She left Presea to explain things to a now awakening Aida and turned her attention to Ezio...Ezio?

The little dragon boy normally by her side had disappeared. Fear instantly gripped the scientists heart.

"Ezio?! EZIO?!" Etzy cried looking around frantically for any sign of the boy. The corner of her eye managed to catch a slight view of the boy's tail as it disappeared behind some foliage in the direction that the cat lady and bird boy had gone. Worry turned to anger. "EZIO GET YOUR SCALY BEHIND BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!" Etzy screamed as she started to run after them ignoring both Presea and Aida.

Normally attuned to his mother's calls it was a surprise that Ezio hadn't heard her calling to him, if he had he probably would have went back to her. The excitement got to him though, the moment the boy bolted was the moment Ezio sprung forward. He wasn't sure why but the boy running just made him want to chase after him and catch him. Chase, pounce, PLAY! Any tiredness has disappeared for the moment as his prey instincts kicked in. He had even dropped down onto all fours as he ran to catch up.

The fight between the two had slowed them both enough that Ezio was able to catch up fairly easily as his mud had mostly dried and thus weighed him down less. Before either of them could even notice him Ezio pounced like a cat attacking a toy within it's reach heading straight at David.

Catch! Ezio thought excitedly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.

Willing is not enough; we must do.

We are still masters of our fate.

We are still captains of our souls.

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100
User Image
LE O N S O L O M A N LIC H T EN B U R G
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

M0Y0.0L0I0F0E0.0O0F0.0B0E0A0T0S

Leon was glad that Conor agreed to at least check this place out with him, honestly while he was still a bit skeptical of the older male he had proved to be helpful so having him around wouldn't be too horrible. He nodded at the other's comment about going back if it was a sham. "Deal," he replied simply before glancing back towards Nahumar who now seemed to be up to something.

His nose wrinkled as the weird kid started mixing something in his pot that he pulled out from nowhere (he hadn't seen him pull it from his traveling sack). "Damn that's potent..." he grumbled receiving the full front of the smell due to them being in an enclosed space. Then things got weird, the Mystical consumed whatever that horrible smelly concoction was and suddenly his eyes changed! Leon was used to odd things since he gained his powers...but this was something else. It was harmless yet it still made the hair on his arms stand on end.

Luckily he didn't have to think much of it as he was distracted when Conor offered him the crutch. Maybe it was the oddness of the situation, or the remaining effects of having his fear taken but Leon looked to Conor and nodded, "Thanks," he replied gratefully.

Using the crutch to help balance him enough to stand Leon got up and watched Nahumar curiously and silently. The whole situation seemed to had him feeling drained which led to him drifting off in thought, it was then that he heard the whispers that broke him from his daze. "Huh? Someone else is in the mines?" Leon stated looking confused. But wait...who did those voices belong to? Scratching his head Leon looked around confusedly.

Luckily before anyone could question him on his comment the door the Mystical had been working on opened and before them stood another being, and the way he spoke showed he wasn't friendly and wanted them to leave. Still Leon wasn't about to leave now, not this close, the way he spoke about humans...was this a halfling from the village?

Without thinking much (which was unusual for him) Leon spoke up. "I need to find the halfling village, they are the only ones that might be able to help take away a person's powers," Despite being currently wounded Leon stood tall (as much as he could anyway) and his eyes held a determined gaze. He needed to catch the newcomers interest...he hoped he succeeded.

Anxious Animal

User Image
User Image
                                                    yoricksdadyoricksdadyorUser Image
                                                    yoricksdad
                                                    yoricksdadyoricksdadyorLOCATION In the mud. Still.COMPANY Weirdos~MOOD Muddy and annoyed

• As she stood and tried to wipe the mud off of her face, Minnaloushe looked around to try and find where the child had went to. She hated being coated in this awful stuff, but she could worry about getting clean once they were in a safer place than this. Glancing to Aida, the Sidhe had at least calmed down enough to manage a smirk at the wording. “Now, I wouldn’t go so far as to call me almighty, but I can take the compliment I suppose.” The grin faded again once she caught sight of the child, and a low hiss raised in the back of her throat. It was more of a frustrated his than an angry one, and she started to try and run towards him as the elf explained what hat happened to their hungover friend. “Yep, that about sums it up. Too bad you were conked out for the good part, fuzz-butt.”

It didn’t take her long at all to realize just how terribly the mud hampered her movement, though. Two steps in the sticky mud that she had gotten herself coated in and she learned how much she had managed to hamper her own movement. Picking a foot out of it and shaking it off, not unlike a cat stepping out of water, she tried her best to shake off what she could so she could pursue their attacker. Before she could even attempt it, the blur of scales caught her eye as it tackled their mutual target.

She stopped in her tracks, blinking, before resuming her movement. Even if the little was successful, who knew how long they’d be able to keep him like that. Minni couldn’t just stand there and let the child do the job the rest of them were supposed to be doing. This time they were going to try… something else. What that something else could be when they were all apparently terrible at bringing supplies she didn’t know, but they’d figure something out. Surely.

yoricksdadyoricksdadyoricksdadyoricksdadUser Image

Anxious Animal

User Image
User Image
                                                    Conor considered himself an intelligent man. He had seen plenty of things in his lifetime─made plenty of things. He was an inventor, and had been able to splint a boys leg apparently halfway decently without having to have done so before, but by knowing the general properties of it.

And even through all of that, whatever was going around him just made him feel dumb. Well, either dumb or as though he had managed to go insane over the last few hours. His usually jovial face was now scrunched together as he tried to take everything going on around him in. The ‘spirit’s’, or whatever he called himself, pets didn’t phase him entirely much. After all, he had spent his life around Nikola. Conor was no stranger to weird critters. It was the rest of it that had begun to wear on him.

Thankfully Nikola stayed close to his side, his only real grounding through all of the crazy. If he wasn’t concerned for the boy’s safety, he probably would have just thrown his hands up in defeat and walked right back out. Although, he had a feeling even that wasn’t exactly true. He knew himself, and despite how surreal it was he couldn’t leave without learning at least something about what was going on. Other than Nikola, his entire life had been… well, not supernatural, that was for sure.

And to now see all of this going on around him, despite being very overwhelmed he was above all… curious. The potential this had all led towards him pushing forward, trying to keep Leon safe was only part of the equation. While he was still skeptical about all of this magic nonsense, considering it very well could just be a very good trick of the eye, the possibility of it opened so many new doors. If he could make so many creations just with simple mechanics and tools, imagine what adding in the supernatural could do.

At the sight of the puzzle, his eyes lit up. Nikola just grunted, turning around to keep an eye on the creatures around them to try and keep his person and the boy safe while Conor was obviously instantly distracted. Crossing his arms across his chest as he watched Nahumar work on the puzzle, his reddish eyes flicked to every moving piece. It wasn’t so different from his own machines, in it’s own way. His brow furrowed even more as the pieces started to… diverge. “Something's nae reit…” he mumbled, pupils darting from piece to piece as he tried to discern what could be causing it. He scratched his chin in thought as he took a few closer steps, looking around for what could be causing it, and almost as soon as it ‘act up’, it went back to moving normally as Nahumar meddled with it.

Then, just like that, the wall just… disappeared. Conor couldn’t help but start with surprise, hand going back to clench around his wrench. When the other person came into view, he had a sudden feeling he was the problem with the puzzle earlier. Humans? Again, someone spoke as though he wasn’t one. This was beginning to become annoying. Eyes narrowed, he stepped forward a bit, his large frame shifting to stand slightly in front of the younger boy. Nikola had repositioned himself closer, although a low growl bubbled out of his throat. The poor Fen felt surrounded, and his frills stood on end like a cat’s raised fur, his orange eyes flicking to everything around them. Conor always managed to get them into these impossible situations only Nikola could get them out of, didn’t he?

Conor rolled his shoulder as he tilted his head towards the newcomer, “Noo, ah dunnae kinn abit aw ay thes 'they' ye aw keep talkin' abit, aam jist haur tae make sure th' boy stays it ay trooble. If yoo're threatenin' us, which it soonds an awfy lot loch ye ur, aam afraid aam gonnae hae tae stain atween ye.” He had a feeling he didn’t misunderstand, and while Leon’s words certainly concerned him it didn’t change the fact his hair was standing on end. Something was definitely off, but he couldn’t very well back out of everything now.
Nahumar of Fear
User Image
"Do not fear me. I am a simple spirit."

✥-━┈┈━-✥
When Nahumar opened the seal, he saw the person before them. While Leon already asked the question in mind, Nahumar had to step in after Conor. "I am Nahumar, Spirit of Fear. As you heard from the young one, he needs aid with the Halflings. I trust that these two will not cause any harm nor conflict during their brief stay." His parasites refused to even pass the entrance out of Nahumar's control over them. Incubo and Sogno on the other hand kept a watch behind them in the event something would come.

"If you need proof of who I am, look no further than my little children." on command, one of the parasites hopped to Samael. Curiously looking up at him. It's nose twitched like a real rabbit. Nahumar stood firm with his staff planted on the ground. "Allow us entry, and prepare a meeting with the leader of the village for the young one." he stated loud, hoping to be granted access to the village. It had been years and he would be more than excited to see any and all changes done to it. Despite his size he did look as if he did deserve some respect in this regard.

If Leon suddenly decided to stare at Nahumar's backside...He would hear something odd...

"Still no sign of Anera anywhere...If she is hiding in someone, they might succumb to her rage and anger. What made you like this, Anera? Are you angry that my affection is for Sorina and not you? Are you mad that I killed our parents? I...had no choice in the end. Why are you so angry and unstable?"

✥-━┈┈━-✥

"If you have a spare chocolate bar, mind if i have it?"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aida, not to mince words, looked like hell. Her wavy hair was an atrociously muddy mess, her eyes were bloodshot from finally starting to sober up, and... well, she felt like a train wreck. Still remarkably bleary-eyed, she glanced back and forth between the pointy-eared girl and cat, mostly understanding what was going on. At least it wasn't what she thought, otherwise she probably would have smacked herself on the back of the head with her jug just to knock herself back out and forget about it.

Still coming to grips with reality, the former guardian blinked a few times in the direction that everybody was pointing. Before she knew what was going on, everybody was rushing over there, leaving her and that scientist behind. The best part? Following up? Was everybody as hung over as she was? And then, something about a scaly butt. Aida was half convinced that this was a dream, a dream that she'd concocted after spending yet another night by herself in that damned fog. Normally she didn't feel like s**t when she was dreaming, but....

Regardless, she slowly stumbled to her feet, unsteady, and shuffled after the rest of the party. She still had plenty of questions, including why everybody was talking about fuzzy butts and scaly butts, but through the haze of her throbbing eyes she could see a couple shapes of color further away in the swamp. Why did the sun exist? Ugh, it was so damn bright. She hated the sun... even though she'd been enthralled by it only an hour ago.

"Y-yeah... Pointy. Let's go. And... you. Cat thing. You're a fuzz-butt. Sh-shut up!" After mumbling a few incomprehensible indecencies, Aida shaded her eyes with a hand. As soon as she caught the son of a b***h responsible for this, they were going to have to deal with a severely pissed off drunkard.

Meanwhile, David felt like he'd finally caught a break. His heart pounded and a putrid combination of sweat and mud dripped down his face as he ran. "I've... I've got to get this mud off me! Please, please, please...! I just want to fly! His body could barely keep up with his racing mind and, even though he continued to flap his arms wildly, he was still too heavy to take off. Just a little more! Please, I... I'll do better next time...!

Taking one last look back, he saw that he had a fair amount of distance on the ones he was worried about. The one with the pointed ears was probably the closest, and it looked like one of them could barely stand up. Feeling a burst of adrenaline, the feathered boy turned back around, not having seen the most important threat of all. With a few more flaps of his arms, he would be ready for takeoff again.

With a strong leap, he spread his arms wide, clothes whipping in the wind as he got just enough of an updraft to set sail. Adrenaline flowed through his body as he turned around one last time to watch his pursuers disappear in the distance. It was exhilarating, being able to fly again, and seeing them all fade away into....

It all happened in a moment. With his shoes just barely off of the ground, David froze. That... dragon child. He was right there. Rushing on all fours. He was about to leap. Move... move! Move, you stupid bird, move! In all actuality, David could have easily tilted his wings and swooped upward to safety, but for some reason, his body wouldn't let him. It was like his brain had short-circuited. Before he knew it...

... he was falling again. Again. That same fear from earlier assailed him as he plummeted two short feet back to the mud again. "N-no! Let me go, let me go! Let me go, Ez—" His words cut off mid-shout as the wind was knocked out of his chest and he slid down on the muddy ground, just like before.

Pinned, facing up, David was motionless. His eyes stared blankly at the dragon child that had pinned him. Unlike last time, however, he wasn't struggling or screaming anymore. He could only lay there on his back, stunned.

Why didn't... I move? I... could have. I could have! Why?!

Versatile Cultist

17,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Just because I
tab like Humans

Dark eyes glanced at the adolescent with keen interest that soon gave way to a sarcastic smirk. Straightening yourself up, do you think that will make me take you more seriously? How cute."Need?" Samael repeated with the words laced with both curiosity and skepticism. The valravn resisted the urge to chuckle as this human's determined gaze momentarily held his mildly interested one. This human held some sort of power, if he were to be believed, so why was he so keen to dismiss it? What was it that made him crave normalcy? "Might? Hn, I can guarantee it." Samael's dark eyes looked away for a moment before continuing."They can take away your powers," Samael whispered before smirking. "Permanently-"

When Iso stepped in front of the adolescent, the valravn's curiosity increased. Humans, powers or not, they are so predictable.Once Iso started to talk, Samael attempted to maintain his serious demeanor. However, he could not as he started to chuckle and then laugh. He had never actually heard him speak before. Of all the times Byron and Samael had flown over the hut, never once did they hear anything other than the noises of his machines. Now to hear him speak, he couldn't help but be amused. Here he had been assuming that the engineer or mechanic would have a more threatening sounding voice. But this thickly accented mess; how could he not laugh? Almost as soon as the laughter began it stopped. Samael's dark eyes lightened ever so slightly as he shook his head. "Threaten you? Is that what you think I'm doing?" He chuckled. "Simmer down, it wasn't a threat,"Samael's voice once again became quiet. "More like reality."

Once the other individual began the valravn ceased talking. Teeth clenched together and eyes closed temporarily lest his anger show. At Nahumar’s remark about trust Samael’s gaze turned toward him. You honestly believe I would value a Spirit’s trust? You are more backwards than I thought. The valravn looked away towards the odd rabbits narrowing his eyes at the two shadow cats. Why did his name sound familiar? Why was it so foreign? As this Nahumar continued to speak Samael was silent. A spirit was that what he called himself? What was a spirit doing here among humans- they aren't supposed to exist! "Brief it shall be." Samael replied his words barely audible. Dark eyes opened but they were no longer as dark. Instead they seemed as a fire flickering to life, a slow but visible process. At the word 'children', Samael watched as a rabbit moved towards him.

He resisted the urge to kick it as tempting as it was. “You have no authority here.” Samael’s eyes shifted from dark to maroon reflecting the irritation. Though aggravated, his words were quiet. “I have heard enough.” He looked at each individual again, accessing their answers before locking on Nahumar. "I said to think carefully and these," He gestured to nothing in particular. "These pathetic excuses were ALL you could create?”Samael’s eyes locked onto Nahumar both rebellion and hostility reflected in those dark orbs. How dare he think that he could order him around?! “Allow? With poor excuses such as those- no. Actually only one of you actually has a reason.” Samael remarked. “The rest of you are simply parasites riding along on his need.” Turning his attention to the green-eyed teen, he smirked. Besides, what you desire is right behind you.” Now if they made it out alive, he just might reconsider but for now, let the games begin~

IT Doesn't mean
tab That I like you personally

It's my responsibility. I'll keep them all safe.

╪║From me.║╪

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Where was he? Where were they? Where had the rest of them gone? Where had she gone? Hiding? No, she wouldn't hide. Fighting; always fighting back. She couldn't give up. Wouldn't. No, couldn't. This was her battle, and as long as she was alive, she was still winning.

Leon, if he was letting enough through that psychic wall of his, would notice a sudden jump of noise. Not exactly thoughts, just... noise with a few seemingly random words thrown in. It was completely different than the way her thoughts had sounded when they had met back in Vilja. Right as Samael began to say the words 'Right behind you', Nahumar's scouts and maybe even Nikola would suddenly a dark shape appear from the ground behind the group. No, she didn't just appear. It looked entirely bizarre, but she jumped up from out of the cave floor as if the dirty, rocky ground wasn't even there at all. The spectre's spidery hair whipped behind her along with a blood-spotted scarf until she was completely clear of the floor. The walking stick in her hands, however, seemed to get stuck in the ground for a split second before it whipped up behind her. There, on the end of her staff, a hefty chunk of rock had somehow melded together with it, creating a dangerous, crude weapon.

As soon as her feet hit the ground again, she nearly fell over. Somehow, despite her earlier acrobatics to sling herself up through the floor, she seemed... unsteady. Almost like she was tired, or even had a bit too much to drink. As soon as she caught her balance, though, she would leap forward, completely ignoring any of the parasites that were in her way. With a throat-tearing cry, she barreled straight toward the strange group with swift, but unsteady dash. Contorting her upper body, she swung her long walking staff like a baseball bat, the heavy rock at the end of it aiming straight for Nahumar's head. And with the strength of her swing, if Nahumar got out of the way, the momentum would carry it around toward Connor, who was standing in front Leon to shield him from the mysterious valraven.
Nahumar of Fear
User Image

✥-━┈┈━-✥
Besides, what you desire is right behind you

Nahumar felt odd about that line...His attention turned as he felt the strange presence. Noticing someone coming their way and wielding their item like a weapon, Nahumar thought fast on his feet. "GET BACK!" he shouted as A single wave of the hand caused Sogno and Incubo to move Conor and Leon out of the arc, Taking the blow to the head. Slamming his body against the wall and leaving not a bleeding wound but what seemed like an open crack and a swirl of the same energy that was extracted from Leon faintly noticeable inside. It was at the moment that when he was hit, The parasites stopped and stood straight up before deciding to all charge towards Lucretia like a swarm of locust... In fact, they shed their rabbit form in favor of their true beetle form. Flying and dashing towards her, aiming to bind and restrain her when possible. While some would 'die', others would latch on well. It was an act of self defense. It could also be taken as an act of being swallowed by darkness with their darker purple shells on the dim cave lighting.

Nahumar laid on the floor almost lifeless with the crack on the upper part of his skull area. as Incubo and Sogno slowly approached Lucretia, the two morphed with large saber like teeth and in a threatening stance, ready to pounce and kill if needed.
Yet Nahumar was not dead. Rather he was knocked out for the time.

Leon on the other hand could hear the exchange of words from Incubo and Sogno.
"Incubo. Is this the person that they were looking for?"
"Sogno...Did you not see what she did? This woman is a threat...And she broke part of Nahumar's shell! She tried to kill the group!"
"But Incubo..."
"No buts! We will protect these humans as Nahumar instructed. Even if we have to take one down..."

✥-━┈┈━-✥

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100
User Image
LE O N S O L O M A N LIC H T EN B U R G

M0Y0.0L0I0F0E0.0O0F0.0B0E0A0T0S

Leon's eyes seemed to light up when the newcomer spoke of the truth that they really could get rid of their powers. Finally...finally they could return to normal again. No more screams in his head and throbbing pain from hearing far too much then he should, and Luke...Luke could finally come back as his teacher again. She wouldn't have to run in fear anymore.

His happiness was short lived however when things suddenly took an unexpected turn. Right after the newcomer spoke about something being behind them things got crazy. Noise pummeled into his skull smacking against the wall in his head from the other side making it sound like a pair of drums was thrashing about his mind. Leon cried out in pain falling to the ground his hands holding onto his head. He had only thought that he was the one who could damage the mind barrier in his head...but apparently he was wrong. Whatever they encountered was too strong even for the barrier to shield him from, and it was only a matter of time before it broke it down completely.

What was it? What was behind them?

Whatever it was, it wasn't friendly as Nahumar was suddenly sent hurling into the wall. Leon stared...was he dead? Did spirits die? Surely no so easily right...? But he wasn't moving...his weird animals were still here though, surely that must mean he was still alive...right? But...what attacked them?

Forcing his head up he stared at the figure rushing at them. It seemed...familiar. Then within the noise two familiar voices sounded again.

"Incubo. Is this the person that they were looking for?"
                                                      "Sogno...Did you not see what she did? This woman is a threat...And she broke part of Nahumar's shell! She tried to kill the group!"
                                                      "But Incubo..."
                                                      "No buts! We will protect these humans as Nahumar instructed. Even if we have to take one down..."

Woman...Looking for? Leon gasped as he now knew who it was attacking them...but why would she? Did she think they kidnapped him. "Luke...? Leon whispered faintly before registering what the two now large saber like beasts had said. "NO! INCUBO, SOGNO, YOU CAN'T KILL HER!!! SHE'S JUST CONFUSED!" he screamed trying to speak over the voices his head, which only made him look weird as it seemed he was screaming so loudly for no reason at all. No...no matter what he wasn't going to let them hurt her. She was important to him.

Lifting his head towards Lucretia he ignored the throbbing onslaught of noises and used throw all his power into his mental block, he could feel it disintegrate as a rush of voices invaded his mind from those around him. He clenched as he tried to push through it all feeling for Luke's odd mind, trying to break through the noise.

Luke...luke...Miss Vidina!!! Stop...they'll kill you! We're close...so close...please... Leon thought as he tried to push his message through. But it was like yelling in a hurricane. His body was already beaten...but how long could his mind now withstand it?

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100
User ImageUser Image
Єtzץ & Єzเσ

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Ezio grinned proudly as he looked down from atop his catch, his tail swishing playfully behind him. "Ezio pway~" he giggled not catching on that David had not meant to have been playing all alone. Leaning down he sniffed the boy's dirty face a moment before giving a nice long slobbery lick and began to giggle some more nuzzling into the other young boy. Ezio loved games, and this was certainly the first time he ever gotten to play with someone else.

Ezio's eyes which had turned bright yellow suddenly changed to pale blue though as he now heard a very angry Momma behind him. He couched hanging his head, his nails probably digging into David, but not so much to truly hurt him, more like a mild discomfort.

"EZIO! Etzy growled as she stormed over to the two on the ground, her looming figure giving off an intimidating look. For a moment it was iffy on what the scientist was going to do. She certainly seemed angry and Ezio was cowering from having upset her so much without realizing it. However, in the next moment the human kneeled the ground and wrapped her arms around the dragon boy pulling him close to her breast. "Don't you ever run off without telling me again, for any reason. It's too dangerous little one, you still have so much to learn, so much I have to teach you. You scared Momma..." she spoke softly as to not frighten the children even more and gently patted Ezio on the head in a comforting manner.

Ezio whimpered lightly and then began balling when Etzy pulled him close and gave him gentle words. "Sowwy Momma...Ezio sowwy...Ezio good boy," he replied.

Etzy smiled gently and nodded. "Oh! That's right, that's the right way to use the word sorry! What a smart boy I have!" Etzy praised.

Ezio's cries subdued and he smiled lightly at the praise. Momma wasn't angry with him anymore!

Etzy then turned her attention to David who was still held down by Ezio's weight. She sighed lightly before offering a smile and shifting Ezio off the boy. "I know we meant to catch you...but I do hope Ezio didn't hurt you. He's still learning so he doesn't quite know his own strength...are you hurt?" Etzy really was a weird human, her moods shifted so easily it was hard to really know what she was thinking. "Oh...and you should probably stay still or not move to fast for a while...Ezio might try to catch you again and well...I haven't really fed him yet so he might accidentally bite..." Etzy wasn't trying to make a threat, it seemed she genuinely thought he might feel the urge to do so, after all he did cave to his instincts before and left her side to chase him down.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.

Willing is not enough; we must do.

We are still masters of our fate.

We are still captains of our souls.

Versatile Cultist

17,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User ImageUser Image

∂єנαи qυιии
                          ↳ NOW WHAT [Finally a real mission. Sure it's a fetch & retrieve but still...] ↳ WHERE NOW [ Vilja ] ↳ WITH WHO
                          [ Uh..it's just me ]

Vilja, the once normally quiet town was thrown in to chaos several days ago. The malicious fugitive Lucretia Vidina, previous teacher of the local school, was seen on the outskirts of town. If anyone sees her, do not make contact and report her location immediately. By concealing a murderous convict you risk your life in prison or dead. This is Jenn Malik from VCN Radio-

The mechanical sound of the transmission's forced ending was an abrupt transition into silence. Quiet. Peaceful. Yet it was a peace that gnawed at the soul; unsettling and uneasy. Withholding her usual comforts, silence invaded and dominated. Emptiness devoured every crevice of the room sparing no shadow or soul. Cold crept in through the slits of the windows to trail frigid fingers down the nape of his neck. Though the freezing temperatures from the outside came like thieves to steal away his warmth, he refused to shiver. He sat as a statue. Tense. Unmoving. Chestnut colored eyes stared blankly at the floor. If the eye is truly the window to the soul, then the iris was the darkness of the impenetrable maze. His eyes, like his body, were concentrated to one spot. The radio, unable to stare back, remained where it was- a silent machine. Yet, despite its silence, words were still being said but these words belonged to the room's occupant.

"How long has it been?" He wondered equally mystified and annoyed. This Lucretia character had been evading capture for weeks or even perhaps longer. A menace to society she should've been disposed of if such claims of a murder were true. Records of eye witnesses were never reliable under normal circumstances and certainly not under supernatural ones- still, there was no excuse! An aggravated sigh escaped his lips as he turned his attention to the papers on his desk. Dejan flipped through them not actually reading the contents and with as much enthusiasm as a deflated balloon. These missions were boring. Nothing held his interest until he came to one with a photograph. A boy with green eyes and headphones, Leon Lichtenburg, one of the local students had gone missing some days ago. When he didn't return from the school a missing report was sent in. When he saw the name of the school the missing child attended, Dejan couldn't help his double-take. That name.. why did it sound so familiar? Hadn't he heard it somewhere? Ah, yes. That Lucretia character worked there as a janitor..no..teacher, yes that was it. The cadet continued to skim through the file attempting to assess the information and keep his thoughts at bay however, the more that he read the more that everything seemed to make sense. That was why she was seen at the edge of town. She was probably trying to get revenge and Headphones was probably just an easy target.

With an eager hand, Dejan signed his acceptance of the task. Finally, a real mission. Gathering his necessary gear he couldn't hide his eagerness. Sure, it was a retrieval mission but it came with a bonus if he played his cards right. Locating the Staff Sergeant in charge of his sector, he formally accepted the mission. "Sir, I'll have that Lichtenburg ki-"
                          "Shut up. Damn and wipe that pathetic grin of your face, this isn't a holiday it's a ******** mission. Act like it."He paused to exhale some expensive smoke. "Don't die either. Training you whelps is a necessary but complete waste of my talent. I'd hate to have to repeat a year of it." With such delightful parting words, the cadet left the Capital base heading towards Vilja, where everything started.

▓Dr. Peter Ilyich▓

It really was just another day at the office for Dr. Ilyich, Pencils needing to be pushed, appointments needing to be rescheduled... it really hadn't changed at all. Inside of the actual school building, things had died down after that initial scare from one of their teachers suddenly going berserk. People reported seeing her on the outskirts of town, which was odd, seeing as people weren't really supposed to be out there in the first place, but even that was just another momentary panic. It seemed that it would take something much more earth-shattering to get people distracted from their everyday routines.

Being a little on the corpulent side, Dr. Ilyich shifted his weight in his desk chair, going over the plans for the rest of the day. It was almost time for him to get off and go home for the rest of the evening, but a knock on the door to his office interrupted him. What little joy he had in this job anymore was quickly being sucked down the toilet thanks to all of this nonsense about mysticals, gifted, and other things.

His secretary, a rather bland lady in a much-too-formal suit, quickly informed him that he had an urgent appointment from 'some weird guy who would not take no for an answer'. "Fine, fine!" he harrumphed, falling back down into his comfortable chair and reaching out for his smoking pipe. Smoking wasn't allowed in the school, of course, but a pipe with nothing to smoke was just fine. "Send him in, see what kind of whackjob we've got this time."
Nahumar of Fear
User Image

✥-━┈┈━-✥
Strangely...Incubo and Sogno heard Luke's cry to withhold their claws. They were unsure if he heard them but they half obliged with keeping a stance still to protect anyone. The Parasites still tried their best to restrain the woman named Luke from acting out or until she calmed down.

Nahumar on the other hand twitched before regaining his senses. "The Price I pay for Protecting mortals..." his hand running along his skull till his hand went into the small opening...as if there was nothing. To prevent anyone from peering in and loosing their minds, Nahumar pulled the hood over his head and took his stand. He heard Leon. Seeing Incubo and Sogno not attempting to tear the woman's throat out and instead standing down a little more was a surprise. Was Leon's power more useful than harm as he made it out to be? He had to ask while there was time. Taking his staff in hand he stood up and approached Leon. "My friend...Did you stop Incubo and Sogno? No mere human can communicate with them, and yet they seem like they obeyed you." he placed a friendly but cold hand on Leon's shoulder, smiling to him. "You prevented the death of a human thanks to your power." he praised Leon for the ability. Had he not done anything, Incubo would of surely ripped her arm off by now.

Nahumar only glanced at Samael with such spite. As if to blame him for the woman's mad dash at them...but he ignored the man to approach the woman. "So this is your friend, I take it?" He had to be cautious. No telling when she might go berserk again. His parasites had a limit to the amount of time they can restrain a person before they become weak. The strange bug creatures, despite grabbing onto her limbs, changed to look like rabbits once again as if to say Nahumar was safe and the situation should be okay. "If only I had brought more Glade Weeds, I could of made a Soothing Potion..." he remarked, realizing he only brought a certain amount of supplies from his home that this realm did not have.

✥-━┈┈━-✥

Anxious Animal

User Image
User Image
                                                    With how on edge the Fen was, Nikola’s ear-frills flicked straight up as he turned towards the sudden movement. A low growl raised in his throat as his orange eyes narrowed, and Conor turned to see what had gotten him all wound up. He originally assumed it was still just the ‘spirit’s’ odd creatures still, but as soon as he saw their assailant his expression grew grim. The engineer’s normally soft eyes scrunched up as his hand tightened around the wrench in his hand, and as soon as he saw the giant hammer of-sorts swing in his and Leon’s general direction, he instinctively acted.

His right leg shifted slightly, and the metal suddenly seemed to shift into the ground below him, grounding the already quite large man in place. While he was glad the creature was able to get Leon out of the way, he still wanted to make sure there was no chance of the child getting hit by whatever it was attacking them. As the weapon sailed through the air and hit the stranger, Conor lifted his wrench to deflect the remainder of the swing and reached his other hand out in an attempt to grab onto the weapon, hoping to jerk it from the other person’s hands if he was successful.

Either way, he began to pull the arm holding his wrench back as his leg stopped anchoring him in place, preparing to return the assault with one of his own when he heard Leon call out. Freezing for a moment, he focused back on their attacker. It did look an awful lot like the other one that was with the boy earlier, but… if that was the case, why on earth was she attacking them now?

Still, if that was true he couldn’t just attack them like that. Nikola had frozen for a moment too, having been preparing to pounce in anger that someone had almost hit Conor. Gears turning, Conor glanced to Nikola quickly and back to Luke. Sure, there was a swarm of those bizarre, admittedly creepy critters trying to pin her down, but that may not be what they needed. Not to mention the fact that being forcibly held could actually cause damage. He and Nikola knew of a way that they knew from experience didn’t cause any lasting damage, if it worked. “Nik, freeze.”

Before the word even finished escaping his person’s mouth, Nikola’s spines were all standing on end and he darted low and quickly towards Luke. Not worrying for the moment about any parasites that may be caught by his quills too, he focused on the human, hoping that while she was distracted by the others and the small creatures she wouldn’t notice him getting close enough to brush up against her. If it worked, than the spines along his back would be able to work their magic; slowly numbing the woman or any other creature unfortunate enough to be stung by them. Upon being successful, if enough touched her skin through her clothing than she may even be paralyzed enough for them to get through to until they could figure out what to do. It wasn’t permanent, by any means of course; and Nikola himself had the cure if needed. He’d much rather just try to get rid of the person being a threat to them, but if his person would rather them frozen, then so be it.

As little more than a precaution, Conor held his ground, now between the rest of them and Leon. The only one he was more concerned about than the child at the moment was Nikola. While he was more than capable enough to hold his own, it didn’t change the face that the creature was arguably the most important person in his life. And he didn’t like the look of that huge hammer… thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff