Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Rogue

archaewonder

Well, good luck to you in that case!

With a name like Bufkin I'm sure he's going to be an absolutely adorable troublemaker!
And no rush on you either, take your time. I'm happy to wait to meet him before I post.

Also, I created a Sleeping Beauty character who 'works' for the Forsaken.
Seeing as Rose Red is from the same area of Fae, and they are both working for the Forsaken,
I figured they would probably have some background between them.
Just let me know if you want to do any plotting there.
(Or with any other character you have.)

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
I'm going to be a little MIA...I am really behind in school and one of my class marks have really dropped....
So, i will try to get a post out for hunter... when i am not to sure. At this point he may not follow her right now...but look for her afterwards...

Loyal Conversationalist

archaewonder

Massachusetts?! Dear lord... Not even close! Hahaha.

Captain Smily

Don't worry Smily, Do whatever you can. :] School certainly comes first.

Loyal Conversationalist

archaewonder

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

just posted for Snow. That's why I'm so crazy right now. It's gonna be good.

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
XxHyperactiveXPenguinxX

I couldn't see your video but I am sure none the less it was amazing
Oh wow that is so cool! Are they little kid classes... The good ones I mean. I was a camp counselor so I totally understand by bad class ( ̄◇ ̄ wink
I LOVE theater if I could I would wan to be apart of it...I can sing and act and I have great experience as a stage manager....You can teach me dance and I'll give voice lessons ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

I have a lot to do tonight - actually just finished voice lessons and haven't gotten picked up yet
But I will try to get a post out for hunter... Just so we can keep the balls a rolling

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
@ Basically everyone...

Okay so i was thinking this for a while... and i wanted to know what everyone thought before i just went with it and people were like "WHHAAT?"

So, Hunter is the hunstman, and if you think about it, his character appears in a lot of fables.
- Snow white : the man who brings snow white to the forest and gives the queen a pigs heart
- Beauty and the beast : Guestan or whatever his name
- Little Red Ridinghood (obv)
- Tarzan : whatever that dudes name was...
- Rumblestiltskin
- Sleeping beauty (the prince's friend)
The list goes on

So i was wondering. Should i have hunter aware of all of these stories - this would bring up some issues with The Beast for killing him - though in the story he was going to kill the beast - so maybe they just called it even... or maybe not idk.... or just have it that there is a different person for each of these
Captain Smily
@ Basically everyone...

Okay so i was thinking this for a while... and i wanted to know what everyone thought before i just went with it and people were like "WHHAAT?"

So, Hunter is the hunstman, and if you think about it, his character appears in a lot of fables.
- Snow white : the man who brings snow white to the forest and gives the queen a pigs heart
- Beauty and the beast : Guestan or whatever his name
- Little Red Ridinghood (obv)
- Tarzan : whatever that dudes name was...
- Rumblestiltskin
- Sleeping beauty (the prince's friend)
The list goes on

So i was wondering. Should i have hunter aware of all of these stories - this would bring up some issues with The Beast for killing him - though in the story he was going to kill the beast - so maybe they just called it even... or maybe not idk.... or just have it that there is a different person for each of these

There's a few there I wouldn't associate with the Huntsman. For ease I would say he's played a part in the following stories:
- Snow White
- Red Riding Hood
- Beauty and the beast maybe...

The time order is up to you ofc. And ofc he doesn't have to have been in all of them....

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
gingerdoll

Okay. I like that best
And considering that all those here are playing characters from these stories... it works out
I think Red Ridding hood would have to be the more recent...
And snow white would have happened maybe in his teen years??? Or done on the side.
I did some quick research ... Gaston was a character that only actually appeared first in a movie a little before the Disney version
... so maybe we can just strike that out if it makes it easier.
XxHyperactiveXPenguinxX
Archaeologists do it in the dirt
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Instigator!!!!! You just like to right into the thick of it, don't ya? Well, I've got to mull over this reaction. Poor Bufkin and Aalis. I don't think they're ready for the flood of emotion that's about to drown the Business Office. In any event, that'll be a post for tomorrow. I'm about to post as Bufkin and then I must sleep.

Captain Smily

One way to figure out which stories he can be cross listed with is those in the same universe. Little Red Riding Hood is a folk tale, so the Grimm Tales fall under that category. Therefore, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Rumpelstiltskin are all relevant. I would do a little research and make sure that the huntsman is in the original (or near original) story. It might also be helpful to limit him to stories where "the huntsman" is unnamed.

Pissing off worms one day at a time
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
My problem with the grim tales is that they aren't all original stories if not at all.... and deepending on the version of any fable i research there is almost always some form of a "huntsman/ woodsman". Beauty and the beast is also a hard one to determine. It is a more "recent" story. Where Gaston was adapted from a movie that had come about and in the complex book his character was completely sideline. Arguably not even there....

A lot of fables or folk tales were created centuries ago. Stories like Cinderella,little mermaid, red ridding hood, sleeping beauty, the frog prince/princess and the frog, Rapunzel, Rumpelstiltskin and many more tales come from old folk tales that have transformed over the decades. Adding and subtracting small or significant things. Cinderella is a great example known all across the world. And has been recorded in china back in either 820AD or 720AD where the fairy godmother only appears somewhat in the way we know her as once. Rather she appears as a fish giving cinderella gold earings shoes and a beautiful dress. In the french version in can be debated that she wears fur shoes or glass shoes since the two words for glass and fur are pronounced almost the exact same way.
The problem lies with the fact that many of these folk tales have been passed down through out generations of story tellers. Adapting through the times they have been told in. Changed by whoever tells them and then the lucky few are picked up by writers like Grimm and a few others. People now see Grim tales as the "original" stories of many folk tales but they aren't. However
Peter pan was a screen play written in 1904 but the debate on the inspiration for how the writer got his characters comes from hundreds of speculation. There are a few other recent fables that do have a better known origin. But again the problem lies with - was it an authors original creation or a folk tail they heard about and made it there own. Either way, many of these fables have been edited from the extremely disturbing scenes from how they have been told. Of course the black plague will do that to people....

Yeah. IDK. this is my problem with my characters... i get to technical with them. And my break from work ended up going into this... ( >n< ) ,... so if anyone wants to know more i'll be happy to tell

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200

@ Gingerdoll and Penguin

I wont be able to post tonight. So go ahead and post without me... I'll try and get one out tomorrow after work...

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
Heheheh i posted (>u< wink Finally! mwahaha.... let the fighting begin... or whatever you plan

if you guys want me to change something i gladly will.
I'll see what I can do about getting something up later. Late night at work not doing me any favours smile

Shadowy Rogue

Hey, sorry, this is a crazy week.
I'm at my mother's for the night,
But I will try to get a post up for Aalis tonight!

Loyal Conversationalist

*rolls around thread*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas