Welcome to Gaia! ::

the longer you think about something, the less it makes sense

what a strange world this is 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 417 418 419 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Dabbler

Thank you tofu! : D It means a lot. This took so much work just to plot out.

@ponkan ;;

>_> that's mostly coincidence. The girls have roles in the other worlds but they haven't been finalized.

Salty Glitch

hahaha yeah it opened like, two months later than planned

i know, i remember. just pointing it out though.

Salty Glitch

oh. so when are you gonna come up with prompts for the application? also, what should the blurb cover, and what person should it be in?

Dapper Dabbler

I need to get some schoolwork done for about an hour and then I'll add some prompts : ).

Although, one of the prompts will be a free write so if you're confident you can show off your character in an interesting situation, you can start working on that.

also it seems cyn forgot to talk about the blurb. I'll update that when i'm back but basically, it's your interpretation of your main character. So if you were applying for Notes, you would flesh out his very abstract requirements into a more rounded character.

Brethil24's Spouse

Benevolent Destroyer

aha ******** all my feels aksdjfl;adsf

second day sea's Princess

Shy Sweetheart

@ Yufei;;
Okay, I'll stick with this since it seems to be what you like. ^^
/waves hands frantically
I would app for multiple roles, but honestly, it's much easier for me to put everything I have into just one role.
Maybe this means I'm nailing my own coffin closed, but so be it.
I'd hate to app for multiple roles and do a half-assed job on them because that is not what they deserve. ^^

Brethil24's Spouse

Benevolent Destroyer

I should be learning matrices right now, but instead my brain is pumping out random s**t about charries.
            Thanks for that, Gengar >:U

Familiar Friend

gengar here.

@hoshi ;;

no problem! do what's most comfortable for you, it was mostly just a "you can" thing in the event you guys wanted to. I know doing multiple apps is a lot more time than most people would like to spare too, so it should only be the people who definitely want a spot more than anything and are willing to grind hours away at it for a chance.

@ ruu ;;

hihi.I think I volunteered to update the rules last night instead of cyn and forgot I was supposed to update the rules on explaining the character blurbs. I'll double check after prompts and fix as needed.

was rough night.
Edit: matrices are useless anyways. charries are much more useful. pretty sure ponkan spent all last night setting up our threads instead of doing homework.

@everyone ;;
also, the apps will be somewhat on the long side because we're trying to keep a good level of quality control. Also cyn will be out of the country or something for 2 weeks starting this wednesday so I don't want to start the roleplay until at least a few days before she comes back. She'll of course, be able to spare the time to come online to make decisions on applications for me.

I think at this point, it's obvious that there's going to be a good amount of competition but that's to be expected when there's so few slots. Don't let that discourage you- if cyn and I are convinced you are going to be super active and exceed expectations but you do not get an initial spot, we may choose to add more slots. I don't want to go too deep into it right now because I'm still skeptical that it will get to this point. This is mostly just to calm people's nerves. Main point is, those who deserve spots will inevitably get them. I know a few people had expressed concern that competition would be really stressful. Worry about doing the best application you can do and leave the rest to us.

Shy Sweetheart

Here's hoping I didn't somehow mess up that very easy reserve. XD;

Salty Glitch

yup, i did that.
ended up skipping two problems.
out of six.
ffff

also missed my 8 am class, which is bad bc i can only have 2 unexcused absences.

Shy Sweetheart

@ Ponkan;;
Does your professor teach the same class at a different time that maybe you could sit in on?

mochilli's Fav

Tipsy Alchemist

i haven't been following this since gengar had the test thread up no way e we

Familiar Friend

shiny ponkan

The Jokers Rose

hyperion blue

creepy tofu

OMLanta

Ok, rules are updated. Sorry about that, the character blurbs were accidentally left unexplained due to our rush. Below is the addendum.

Character Blurbs: Below are the character blurbs that will serve as a guideline. They are only here to help you, not hinder you. Therefore, details are all contestable. Keep in mind, however, that the characters were designed rather intimately and what you see below will never be arbitrary. There may be strong reasons why a detail is part of the character. As for formatting, the age in bold specifically refers to body age in the modern world. That means how old the modern counterpart was BEFORE they were replaced. So if a character was 40 years old in their home world but is inhabiting the body of someone 18-26, 18-26 is the number that goes there.

The bullet points refer SPECIFICALLY to the character you're going to be using as the main character in his/her natural world. So the aforementioned character would be described as their 40 year old self in the bullets. The written, second-person blurb underneath all that refers GENERALLY to the archetype. This is not binding and not only will you stray from that later on, but you are expected to. It would get boring if you played the same type of character 40 universes in a row. This blurb serves as your starting point in understanding the archetype. Once you feel you have fully grasped and mastered the basics written down, you can then make it your own and do whatever you feel fits a general direction. A velvet does not always have to be noble, a stones will not always be outgoing.

edit:

hihi silent biggrin . I didn't realize you were stalking the whole time lol

mochilli's Fav

Tipsy Alchemist

h - haha nah it was mostly just following you whenever you went into your thread
because of that random friend request CB

Salty Glitch

@ hoshi

nope, it's a reading and comprehension class, a really small one taught by a graduate student. if i could have avoided taking it i would have, but it's required by the end of sophomore year for all undergraduate students. every class is completely different as no gsi teaches more than one, and the gsi gets to decide on the topic. mine happens to be on art history, politics of representation, focusing on worlds fairs and disneyland. orz

@ everyone

seems like feathers is popular. o: *hopes it continues to be this way

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas