10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
iKarnezar
red-tala9
iKarnezar
red-tala9
oh...oh .oh OH MY GOD THATS BEAUTIFUL crying you sir/madame should go into the screen writing business because that is absolute awesomeness

Oh wow you really read it all? emotion_awesome

yes the whole the brother situation makes so much more sense then Amon and Torlokks did (i mean it was cool and all but last minute bull s**t) Avatar state entrance and Zuko coming up like a boss was awesome
i really like how she went through her moments of "omg i suck im a failure" without her friends. (sandbenders rule like a yard stick man) oh let me stop before i start to babble like a moron fan girl.

Yep. Tarrlok would rule the city politically, and Tahno would rule the city socially. He'd become an icon of greatness, a celebrity with power almost equal to Tarrlok. All this to escape the slums and the bending wars that threatened their lives as children.

Korra goes through that stage twice. The first time is when her friends are arrested and shes captured, and Zuko comforts her by telling her that she doesn't have to live life by the standards set by others. She can be who she wants to be. So she does that, and discovers Airbending (through the "freedom" of her epiphany).

The second time she feels weak is when Amon sucks the city into the Spirit World. Even after Zuko gave her advice, even after mastering all 4 elements, even after discovering Airbending after so much trouble with it, even after her life-changing experience with the Metal/Sandbenders, she failed once again. It's not about living up to ones expectations; it's about doing what's right, and she couldn't do it. She set a goal for herself, a goal NOT set by Amon, or Tarrlok, or Tenzin, but her own self, and she couldn't do it. Who knows Korra better than anyone else? Herself. She failed her own self, and it got to the point where she doesn't even want to be the Avatar.

And finally, the time we've all been waiting for; AANG! But he's not here to save the day. No, he's here to make s**t even WORSE. He tells her the story of how Yakone brought a Spirit Beast to the human world, and how he threatened to destroy the balance of the two worlds. Then he reveals he DOESN'T know how Yakone did it, he DOESN'T know why, he NEVER figures out why or how or what, just that it was horrible. He goes on to tell her that he's made mistakes, and now, as the Avatar, Korra must restore balance, and even though Aang doesn't know what's going on, he will be there for her, in spirit, through the whole ride.

"When the Fire Nation attacked my people, I wasn't around to help. My failure almost lead to the extinction of the Air nomads. I know you are scared Korra, and I know you feel confused and helpless-but know this; you are not alone. My friends and my past lives helped me overcome Fire Lord Ozai, and I know your friends and your past lives will help you stop Amon. I know you will save Republic City, and restore balance. I know, because you have done it before." ~ Aang.

Spoiler: In season 2, someone loses their face to Koh.

crying it's so much more emotional then the original. Aang and Korra need to have a deeper connection. Yakone seems like he would be a pretty awesome villain to deal with. (pulling evil creatures out of the spirit world would be pretty tricky to deal with.
koh should totally make a comeback. he hates the avatar so they should go deeper into the story of why(i heard it's because a past avatar disrespected him wow shallow much you can come up with a better reason to kill a person then that)

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
Cutting the romance. For sure. Or, if not, don't make Korra fall for the typical brooding bad boy just because he's "hot." It's such a tired cliche.

Change Mako's personality by actually giving him a personality. He felt like such a dead weight in the show, only there for romantic drama. Asami had a bit of that feeling too before she left her father. I felt like the supporting characters like Tenzin and Lin had way more going for them than the main cast at times.

Greedy Capitalist

red-tala9
crying it's so much more emotional then the original. Aang and Korra need to have a deeper connection. Yakone seems like he would be a pretty awesome villain to deal with. (pulling evil creatures out of the spirit world would be pretty tricky to deal with.
koh should totally make a comeback. he hates the avatar so they should go deeper into the story of why(i heard it's because a past avatar disrespected him wow shallow much you can come up with a better reason to kill a person then that)

Koh doesn't hate the Avatar, although he does hold a grudge toward Avatar Kuruk. As he told Aang, he didn't blame him for the actions of a past life. Koh respects the Avatar spirit, which was why he punished Kuruk for being so reckless and helped Aang save the North Pole. He's not really evil, but he will steal the face of whomever comes into his lair.

And during my story, Koh was under a trance. It's not revealed how Yakone managed to control him, or why, but once he's defeated, Koh is freed, and he thanks Aang before returning to the Spirit World without another word.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
iKarnezar
red-tala9

Koh doesn't hate the Avatar, although he does hold a grudge toward Avatar Kuruk. As he told Aang, he didn't blame him for the actions of a past life. Koh respects the Avatar spirit, which was why he punished Kuruk for being so reckless and helped Aang save the North Pole. He's not really evil, but he will steal the face of whomever comes into his lair.

And during my story, Koh was under a trance. It's not revealed how Yakone managed to control him, or why, but once he's defeated, Koh is freed, and he thanks Aang before returning to the Spirit World without another word.

Ah. man you have to be a power house if you can control a spirit.

Blessed Prophet

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
agreed with giving more character development instead a love triangle. There was a love thing in the original avatar, but it wasnt all over, it was subtler, which gave it a sweet charm 3nodding , They shouln't have rushed it. Amon would have been a serious bad guy if they bothered to slow things down.
Yeah...it's kinda sad that most (if not every) poster mentioned the need to retune or delete the romance. It was way too awkward and fast paced.

It would have been great for the show itself to slow down too. ATLA had much more build up towards everything, making big event more epic. With Korra, it felt as if everything was a big event making it all seem less powerful and moving.

To be honest, I wish they had gone with a different plot altogether. The one they had (as nice as it was) wasn't one that was meant to be gone through in a dozen episodes (2 dozen, maybe, but not one). If they thought it was just going to be a mini series, something lighter or simplier would have been better and less awkwardly told.
Janeshie
I hate how Korra is a waterbender, yet she relies on her firebending so much. Shes really boring to watch when it comes to fighting, imo. I really miss the Kung Fu style fighting from the original show. Modern fighting isnt as fun, because Im used to watching it.

I wish Korra would carry around a pouch of water with her, like Katara did. So she could waterbend more.

Im scared to see what her airbending will be like. Airbending is more of a defensive fighting style.. Korra will probably use it as an offensive somehow. Ugghh

Korra is the AVATAR.

She shouldn't be considered a bender of any kind because that would cause more confusion. The title Avatar heavily implies she can bend all four elements.

Korra is a Fire bender, water bender, Earth bender and now, an Air bender.
If I could change anything, I would change the fandom.

Seriously. You guys are unappreciative for what was given to you, a wonderful sequel to a fabulous show. The artwork and animation was amazing and Bryke did what they could with the original 12 episodes they had planned for their mini series. I love Bolin to death but do you see me crying about anything I would change?

No.

Because we still have three more books to go through and it could be even better than what you expected.

There is no need to hate on Mako for anything. He is made to be a flawed character and that is what he is, flawed. It is realistic. So it the relationship between Korra and Mako. It may be "shallow" but that is what teen love is, isn't it? It is realistic and should be appreciated of its accuracy.

/rant over

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Silent Saffron
If I could change anything, I would change the fandom.

Seriously. You guys are unappreciative for what was given to you, a wonderful sequel to a fabulous show. The artwork and animation was amazing and Bryke did what they could with the original 12 episodes they had planned for their mini series. I love Bolin to death but do you see me crying about anything I would change?

No.

Because we still have three more books to go through and it could be even better than what you expected.

There is no need to hate on Mako for anything. He is made to be a flawed character and that is what he is, flawed. It is realistic. So it the relationship between Korra and Mako. It may be "shallow" but that is what teen love is, isn't it? It is realistic and should be appreciated of its accuracy.

/rant over

i love the animation for the series its so bright and fluid heart
i dont really hate Mako (or Mako and Korra) im just not interested. i understand its only like 12 episodes but that dont change the fact that i hated the romance XD
the romance adds reality in some way to the plot and story all together. I would change her hairstyle throughout the seasons also just as Katara did, and see some style changes and definate traveling. i want to see almost as much traveling as from the original series.
More Mako character development! And take the Makorra romance waayyy slower.

Durem Citizen

Yes indeed. Cut the romance.

Mega Fatcat

Plot would still be rushed. It was a mini-series. It spans over several months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff