Welcome to Gaia! ::

DARKNRGY
Shadey Kitty

Is there any chance at all for the Bootygrab captcha frequency getting reduced any time soon?
I'm not a coder / programmer but I can't imagine changing that number from 4 to something like 8 would take too much time, would it?
(I suggested 8 because at least that would cut the irritation w/ the captcha in half.)

We won't be changing the captcha frequency in BG. Unfortunately it is prone to abuse and already poses a threat to inflation as is.

Wow I can't tell you how very disappointed I am. This seems quite a change from Lanzer's response to my original post about this. It also seems quite contrary to the supposed concern on Gaia's part about how there aren't enough players for the number of tanks.

As stated in my original post (linked to previously - you read it, right?), with the gold cap in place, I fail to see how reducing the captcha frequency could cause that much harm but could help in balancing player / tank balance.
How exactly, is this prone to abuse?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kiyo_Michan
Thanks for the 10 extra shop slots, very useful!

Are you going to be updating the Alchemist Case like you did for the Philosopher's cache?

I have to say there's nothing more frustrating than opening one and getting a formula that comes from another giftbox grant. sad

Wth more shop slots that's amazing!!!

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
biglanky14
scullylam
*jumps in like this place is made of chocolate*

mmmmmm...... er uh.. anyway. hi everyone!!!!!!! biggrin

btw thanks staff for fixing things. and also, if brony king was a pony, what would he look like? then again, why am i imagining that would be an awesomely epic contest to do? sweatdrop also, when will we have more staff sdplus dolls? if i had a swarf doll, my avi would be 20% more cooler. cool also, a complete zomg team set would be pretty sweet.

Hi Scully,

I believe he looks like Zero Omega.... smile

so... a pony with a huge curly fro hair of awesomeness? emotion_awesome

Aged Genius

Existential Existence
Hi gaia biggrin
I am currently at six flags waiting in line for X2, celebrating rollercoaster day like a rebellious miscreant
Nyah nyah nyah
Jk
Hope y'all doing well

Which six flags?

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
scullylam

btw thanks staff for fixing things. and also, if brony king was a pony, what would he look like? then again, why am i imagining that would be an awesomely epic contest to do? sweatdrop also, when will we have more staff sdplus dolls? if i had a swarf doll, my avi would be 20% more cooler. cool also, a complete zomg team set would be pretty sweet.

A giant explosion.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
*strolls in*

Can we get some mass effect items? Maybe some stuff like this?

*strolls out*

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Shadey Kitty
Good evening, everyone.
I hope that you all are doing well and that all of the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Tonight I would like to bring up a topic that I originally brought up exactly 6 weeks ago.
Here is the original post with a response by Lanzer.

Is there any chance at all for the Bootygrab captcha frequency getting reduced any time soon?
I'm not a coder / programmer but I can't imagine changing that number from 4 to something like 8 would take too much time, would it?
(I suggested 8 because at least that would cut the irritation w/ the captcha in half.)

As for including Aquariums in events, I understand that because of the nature of the game it would be difficult and rather time consuming to come up with new ideas but would recycling old effects be too much hassle? (such as the old phonograph at Halloween time or falling snow during the Christmas season?) I'm not 100% positive on this but I think it's been about 2 years since we were granted the ability to enjoy those effects.

Should the time come when aquariums can receive some positve attention, here are

A few ideas for new effects and events:
How about falling leaves for Autumn?
Clovers for St Patrick's day?
How about different songs or sound effects (especially during holiday times) ?
April 2009, Aquarium Easter Egg Fish were introduced during the Easter holiday for a limited time and in December 2009, we enjoyed the Aquarium Reindeer also for a limited time. How about pumpkin fish for Halloween (they could drop pumpkin seeds for something?), turkey fish for Thanksgiving (they could drop feathers or giblets for something? haha) or (and this might be too late for this year but...) since we refer to fish in a group as a "school of fish", fish with graduation caps on for graduation / prom time? (an example might be what you see in my signature although I am sure the artists here could do a MUCH better job!). Perhaps they could drop diplomas for an alchemy ingrediant or a zomg recipe?

Can't answer the first part of your post since I don't know about it, but regarding the tank events, I like that idea. Currently flash resources are low for that kind of stuff but something I'd definitely investigate further if we can easily do it.
Bildeau - today

Probably not in the main story but maybe in side stories later

Dunno, it's a "maybe"

Unfortunately the bulk of item creation is in the actual drawing and database entry, including debugging with other items in similar layers, there isn't extra artists to make items that are outside of the regular gold updates. We're not passing anything as a regular item update, but we can't physically have more updates because some items aren't categorized as the typical item update though. Hope that makes sense.

I don't think the 9 lives rule applies, so I don't have an answer for you on this one.

Babymetal Monochrome
1: Out of all the NPC's on Gaia, who's your favorite?

2: Can we see more of Saiph and Hatsya again, sometime soon?

3: Dark Reflection sequel. When are we getting one?

4: If CrosStitch's new shop was supposed to be for users to have more item design contests, then why don't you guys keep whatever item updates that come from the contests as strictly “contest item updates”, and release the items during whatever time you manage to make the winning entries into items, alongside the usual monthly gold shop update to the other shops? I don't think it's far that you're passing a contest item update off as an official gold shop update for a certain month, if the items from Crosstitch are “contest winning items”. We're getting jipped enough on the gold shop updates as it is, so please keep CrosStitch contest item updates completely separate from the gold store updates, and just release both the contest update and a normal gold shop update in the course of the same month, when the CrosStitch winners are decided, from here on out.

5: If Meili's part tiger, does this mean he's got nine lives, so he's not really dead? Would he have to start fresh and be reborn/ reincarnated as a baby and go through the cycle of growing up again, if he used one of his nine lives? Or would he simply revive from the state that Zhivago left him in?

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
When will the give be informed if we made it for the beta testing? You said we will be informed by mail, but I didn't see a date of when.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Existential Existence
Hi gaia biggrin
I am currently at six flags waiting in line for X2, celebrating rollercoaster day like a rebellious miscreant
Nyah nyah nyah
Jk
Hope y'all doing well

Posting in AtA while waiting in line for a rollercoaster? Now that's dedication!

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Zero Omega
scullylam

A giant explosion.

not cool enough. needs 9001% more.

Destructive Bunny

Seconding the Swarf doll, no staff dolls for the last two rigs was disappointing.
scullylam

Sparkling Supporter

Can users still catch rare bugs in towns?
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Evening, staff.

First off, thanks for the fixes to the orb counter and training area. But there's another glitch that I think you should be aware of. When players accept the DMS quest from Alastor to kill Kamila, they aren't able to fight her. Just wanted to give you a heads up just in case you didn't already know about it.

Thank you. We will look into that also.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces