Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luvly1's Prince

Cheery Streaker

8,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I know this is just a small question but seriously. I would just like to know if I should reenter another one or what? I would just like to open my other account again.

Dapper Dabbler

kurl
Will there be anymore Adventure Time events in the future, or perhaps some other CN show like, say.... Regular Show?

Right now we don't know - it's always possible. It depends on how much it costs to use their stuff, what's available, and what they'll let us do. I can say though that we're always on the lookout for cool partnerships like this one.

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
nyxiia
DJ Helsing
nyxiia
- - - - - - - - - - emotion_bigheart - - - - - - - - - -

I have just one question: When I complete the free quizzes to earn gaia cash, I complete it all the way but I never get the cash. Is it broken or something? I'd like my cash.. .- .

the surveys are really touchy if you do one thing wrong it wont reward you.

I would recommend doing the video offers or the top offers.

they are easier to do and pay out the same if not more for the time it takes.

- - - - - - - - - - emotion_bigheart - - - - - - - - - -

i don't know how i did it wrong? i answered the question and got to the quiz results page but never got the cash. kinda a waste of my time x;

i would recommend sticking to the Top Offers and the video offers then!

Wheezing Smoker

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Sodafop
Will you guys be making the salon hairstyles unisex? emotion_kirakira Because that would be epic.
I second this! emotion_dowant
Zero Omega
Yuki the Third
@lanzer, a dev, or anyone who talks nerd:
We have a whole bunch of people posting links to china wholesale sites and referral advert sites overnight when very few mods are on. I know the redirect.php page has a filter list that is used to filter out fake login pages that are found.

I was wondering if there would be a way to wildcard-blacklist sites such as wazzub, linkbux, and other spamvertisment sites? Playing janitor and cleaning up dosn't help people learn the rules until the damage is done.

Send me over a list of sites and I can pass this along!
Since my memory is swiss cheese, would it be ok if I sent them to you as I find them?
Wazzub is one that's starting to show up ALOT, and is very dodgy considering the founding company is supposedly a laundry service.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200

User Image

Hello Admin/staff/devs.
I was just wondering why it is that you only release special lip mods in items you have to pay for with real money.

Also are you recycling the Easter event to troll your userbase?
If so, can I get an item made of Diedrich's severed, bloody head on a stick?

User Image

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Razumi Yazura
ScarredRavens
Nikolita
ScarredRavens
I was wondering~ Is Gaia thinking of coming to western Canada for Real live event like a con?

Ei:
-Vancouver
-Edmonton
-Sasktoon
?
We're really close~!

Vancouver would be awesome! There was a Gaia panel at Anime Evolution a few years ago (2009 or 2010?) but no Gaia staff or admin were actually there from what I remember.
O: !
Anime Evolution doesn't exist anymore, but there are a few new conventions in Vancouver. I'd love to see some Gaia staff come here someday.

We wont be able to attend in 2012 but they can definately pm me to get free support gold cards and prizes!

Kawaii Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gender Swap 100
biglanky14
Hi everyone,

We have a few updates on some topics that have come up in the last few ATAs.

Alchemy
This isn't necessarily a major update, but we wanted to let you know what we're working on. Details are still being kicked around, but we want to take some of the chance out of the process where we can, and give you guys an element of choice (such as with the Philosopher's Cache). Like I said, we're not totally there yet and we're not going to go to a "full choice" system (just to make sure I'm not setting crazy expectations), but we're working on some ideas here. Hopefully we'll have something for you to check out sooner rather than later.

zOMG
We're now working on the bug list we've prioritized, so you'll see some of them get fixed pretty shortly. We also are planning to recycle last year's Easter Event (yay!).

Ok, that's it for now....
When is the event starting?

Invisible Member

9,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I would like to ask....How do you make all those I-Ams and You Ares?

And do you think one day in marketplace you can make a tab for I-Ams only?

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yo, admins!

I have some questions:

1.Will there be another Gold Shop update soon?

2. Who draws the storyline manga, and will that be updated soon as well?

3. Is it possible to get the flash features of this site, like games and the aquarium, ever work on an iPod?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Hi again admins.

1) Why has mint sundae been glitching and not closing for alchemy?
2) Can orb aggregates be sold in bulk or make several at a time to make the recipes easier?
3) What was your favorite event you guys competed in this last week?

Hilarious Fatcat

16,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
there are some good questions here I hope they can get all answered ^ ^
read all the replies later XD
biglanky14
Constipated Trillionaire
So ComtesseNicoleDeLancret, worlds suckiest vendor, and I have finally made it to the last level of the Demonic Quest. Can't say we're surprised, but was the your goal to never have anyone complete the quest? If so you've done a pretty good job! Every level combined up until the last formula takes 800 components roughly, and the last level itself takes roughly 1700 components to finish.

Since last I heard you guys we're having to crunch a lot of data I figured I would help you out a little!

Here is a list of all the components needed to finish the demonic quest and the amount of each component needed:

Bloodgrass 52
Chicken Fletchings 15
Anycolor Dyes 5
Demon's Sweat 1
Sacred key 1
Salt 80
Sea Water 100
Giant Squid Ink 4
Sulfur 39
Mandrake Root 6
Nightshade 6
Succubus Blood 22
Succubus Bone 6
Adamantium 13
Hippogriff Talon 4
Troll Snot 1
Growth Formula 5
Basilisks Teeth 5
Moonbeam 51
Wizard Leaf 2
Dust of Time 17
Severed Soul 22
Bahamut's Bone 2
Amphithere's Feather 3
Witch hazel 10
Wolf Pelt 10
Dhampir Blood 24
Troll's Wart 7
Smooth Whetstone 160
Scissors 2
Alligator's Skin 35
Alligator's Teeth 14
Bat Fat 35
Bigfoot Foot 7
Golem's Scalp 7
Lace Fungus 24
Monkey's Paw 7
Lotus Petal 7
Raven's Beak 7
Empty Bottle 16
Fish Oil 120
Zombie Goo 21
Mysterious Mold 20
Cyclops Eye 1
Fairy Toenail Clippings 5
Golem's Toe 1
Monstrous Tooth 2
Griffin talon 3
Raven's Feet 15
Gravite 6
Maggot Butter 55
Haunted Objects 55
Silver Token 10
Rusty tacks 35
Mineral Water 95
Mirror Shards 35
Halogen Cloud 14
Hellium Bubble 14
Lava Jelly 7
Beeswax Loaf 70
Cinderblock 35
Go Berry 14
Zurg Skin 7
Steel Plate 70
Gold Foil 14
Monotite 35
Cosmic Cell 7
Aconite Root 5
Hemlock 25
SS Venom 8
Calcium Scraps 45
Dried Seahorse 15
Geoduck's Shell 15
Mermaid Scales 6
Wriggling Tentacles 45
Unidentified Object 3
Obsidian 20
Onyx 20
Tiger's Eye 55
Topaz 55
Ruby 20
Alphyn's Tongue 13
Bakunawa's Red Tongue 13
Basilisks Tongue 10
Leviathan's Fin 6
Leviathan's Scale 6
Alphyn's Scale 3
Bakunawa's Whisker 3
Sunbeam 25
Copper Token 6
Slothbeetle's Carapace 60
Licorice 120
Unicorn Tear 13
Sugar Crystals 30
Wisp Of Cloud 12
Snow Jelly 6
Golden Apple Seed 6
Fire Salt 6
Cinnamon 60
Platinum Peach Pit 12
Fiery Curse 12
Noble Spirit 2
Amber 20
Aquamarine 4
Peridot 4
Sapphire 4
Quartz 4
Jade 2
Diamond 2
Crushed Gemstones 9
Phoenix's Tear 3
Cherub Feather 19
Dryad's Tears 3
Bag Of Petals 20
Elf Locks 2
Showgirl Scales 10
Golden Webbing 2
Siren's Larynx 1
Glass Marbles 20
Bindweed 10
Geode 5
Amphithere's Scale 1
Dragon Guts 1

Now you'll notice that I've highlighted a few select components that you need an insane amount of to complete the quest. Perhaps you can tell me why these components are some of the hardest components to pull from a cache? Is it you intention to make some of the most needed components some of the hardest to get? That just seems plain stupid, I can understand making something like the elf locks hard to get, you only need need 2 and most all the other formulas out there require a couple at most, not something like 10. Myself and others have crafted 1000s of caches in search of just a few impossible to pull components. My team and I can go through 200+ caches without pulling just 1 sea water or 1 smooth whetstone. (This is just for demonic, I'm sure you guys can do the same for the other quest and then you'll be able to see what other components need to be given higher priority in the caches)

You actually moved in the right direction when you made the caches easier to craft, I have no problem making 25+ a day(besides having to buy those lousy pancakes, please make it so you can buy in bulk). But when 75% of the stuff I get out of them is more or less useless it really doesn't help. You keep saying you don't want to flood the market when in reality you already have. You've forced people to craft tons of caches in search of just a few things. I have hundreds of components that I have no use for and it does me no good to sell them because I can't use gold to buy what I can't find. If me and a few other people actually sold all that we have instead of just wanting to trade for stuff we do need the market would be flooded!

Additionally, it doesn't really take a lot of foresight to figure that these backwing quest are going to be the most popular items in alchemy. So you just might want to have the caches give out components so that things you need 100 of are a little easier to get compared to stuff like rough cloth, grass jelly, green goo, and so on. Not to mention just one person trying to finish just one quest makes it next to impossible for anyone else to try and finish one with the horribly low supply of components.

I'm not asking for you to make the quest super easy, I understand you want them to be hard. I'll let others address that issue. However, there is a difference between difficult and impossible. At this rate that we pull the most needed components we will have to open over 10,000 caches to just be able to possibly finish the last level, if you go buy the prices of caches in marketplace that's just 1,700,000,000g. You can't tell me that was your original intention?

In summary, there is a major problem with the supply of components. There are too many components given out that are needed in next to nothing and not in demand(rough cloth) while components that are in high demand and needed in large numbers(sea water) are incredibly hard to get from a cache. You could change the way caches give out components, or make it so heavily needed components can be gotten through an alternate and easier way.

Please don't even bother replying to this post if you're just going to give it a canned response like "we're still collecting data" or "we don't want to flood the market". There are some major issues with alchemy right now, issues that are incredibly clear to those that are heavily involved in alchemy. Perhaps you need to spend some time in alchemy from the users point of view!

Thanks - we're trying. That's all I can really say for now.

rofl Seriously? It doesn't show. Sorry if I appear rude or skeptical, but this is something we have literally spent 100s of million of gold, not to mention countless hours on. And so far the steps you've taken have moved things in the wrong direction.

I'm sure there are some quick fixes you can do until the mentioned changes are implemented? put caches back in the daily chance, change the odds of certain items in the cache!

Look at these items:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/1000771

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/1000759

They are needed in the hundreds, not just by me but others as well. Not one person will mind if you increase the supply of items like that.

You have had plenty of time, we're not asking for a major rework of the system just some more of some much needed items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff