Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visit Count!

+1 1 100.0% [ 409 ]
Total Votes:[ 409 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 231 232 233

Questionable Pilot

Sexy Frozen

Well, if he's super into grotesque horror, you should recommend Junji Ito to him. There's even an anthology anime that was made this past winter season based off some of his short stories but I whole-heartedly recommend the manga over that anime because Ito's stories work better in comic form than animation.

Yeah, and it's hard to try and get a good look at Japan's indie scene because most (if not all) of the licensing and distributing companies for anime and manga here in the States work with the big companies in Japan for a more consistent profit. Say what you will about the 80's and 90's anime scene but at least it had a lot more random, unknown, and potentially cult classic stuff that could have story/character elements different from the norm. The only problem (or bonus, depending on how you feel) is the English dubbing, given the fact that majority weren't professional voice actors back then and definitely not professional dubbers for foreign material. xd

I'm guilty of not watching as much anime in recent years. It feels like it takes a lot more time than reading manga for me and I have to divide my time and attention solely to watching anime because I'm not fluent in Japanese. With manga, I can have Youtube playing in the background while I read and I don't feel as constricted. Though, I've heard about some recent titles because of the channels I watch on Youtube where they talk about current anime series and whatnot. So, I don't feel completely out of the loop. 3nodding That Disgaea 3 OP... it took me a minute to realize they were singing to the theme song within the OP itself. xd It definitely has an Underworld vibe to its melody, not unlike Nightmare Before Christmas. As for [dot]hack, the anime (.hack//Sign) can be a bit of a sleeper if you're expecting more than just extended conversations and whatnot. Not enough action takes place within it, so I can't blame anyone for dropping it at any point. I haven't even watched the whole series myself and only know of the general plot. xd And there were 2 game series for the franchise on the PS2: the 4-part .hack and .hack//G.U. The 4 parter had different subtitles for each volume, so I've once heard it be called ".hack//Quadrilogy" since there is no consistent subtitle unlike G.U. sweatdrop Recently, there was an HD Remaster release for G.U. called ".hack//G.U. Last Recode" for the PS4... which I've been wanting to go pick up since I found out about it but I'm pretty sure it's out of my price range. sweatdrop

I'll be sure to check out Invisgun Heroes then. 3nodding

I've actually never played any of Supergiant's games, though I've seen a little bit of the gameplay for Bastion and Transistor. I really like the atmosphere for Transistor and the voice of the sword in that game was very mesmerizing. xd Was there more than one ending for Bastion, though? From the way you phrased it, it sounds like there are and I've never played (let alone finish) Bastion before, so... 3nodding

Shy Explorer

Hakui-Kitsune

I'll probably suggest it to him the next time I talk to him. XD

Yeah I think that now there are not a lot of different voice actors for dubbing and stuff. I tend to hear the same voices almost all the time : / . Would be great to hear some new voices honestly.

I mostly just enjoy Disgaea for it's art style cause it's super cute, but there are some nice aspects to it and yeah I can see what you mean with the melody being sorta underworldish. I actually like that about it cause it's got that vibe but is definitely cutesy! biggrin I might see about checking into it myself. If the price is kinda high though that would be a turn off. sweatdrop Pretty poor myself of late. I'd also have to get a PS4 so it may be off my list completely @_@ .

Well for Bastion it's not so much multiple endings as it is a couple of choices. Just that one of the choices you make at the end is really neat. I super duper liked it. How it's done is very good! Also I'd recommend it for sure, but I should note that of my friends only me and one other liked the game. Most of my friends thought it was boring or didn't like it though so...

Questionable Pilot

Sexy Frozen

There's actually a lot of newer voices in anime dubbing than back in the early 2000s. 3nodding I'm hearing a lot of new voices and seeing a lot of unfamiliar names in the credits whenever I look them up. Funimation has been using a lot of new talent and Bang Zoom has been getting a few more. So long as you're watching some newer stuff that's been released in the last 5 or so years, you won't run into the Voice Actor Bingo that you'd get from early 2000s anime. xd Trust me, I know. I would mentally play that game with every anime I watched back then. It genuinely felt like there were only 12 anime voice actors in the whole countryside. It was nuts.

I agree, I think the art style for Disgaea is cute. (Too bad I'm terrible and have no patience for strategy games. xd ) I think I got a new copy of G.U. from GameStop for $40? I just recently bought it and was surprised it wasn't like $60, unlike the newest Digimon game for the PS4. Nearly choked on my own spit when I saw that price. sweatdrop I have to get a PS4 as well, if I ever want to play games I bought for it. xd I think a pre-owned PS4 is $260 right now. So, maybe another year or so will bring it down a little bit more if we're lucky. sweatdrop

For me, so long as the gameplay doesn't confuse me too much (I'm used to real-time combat or turn-based) and there's enough meat to the story (meaning less open-world sandbox and more JRPG-esque linear), I'd be fine with any game. I can play sandbox games but there has to be an initial hook that'll make me want to continue on if they want me to keep playing. 3nodding

Shy Explorer

Hakui-Kitsune

I believe ya. I just haven't watched anime recently to know though. :3 Yeah I definitely know what it's like to just sit there and be like 'isn't that the guy from that other anime?' XD.

I really don't have the money for a PS4 myself >_<. I used to be a network engineer and I could easily afford it, but not with my current job. I did get a wii u from work for winning some random lottery drawing thing. It was pretty great cause it was the last lottery thing they did too XD. If it's not too personal what do you do for a living?

I think Bastion would suit ya then. It's pretty linear and I don't think it's confusing. It's also not very hard or anything. I think the story is really nice and it's definitely one of my favorite games. You can probably find it on steam real cheap if you have a computer. That's where I spend most of my time now @_@. Hoping to make a game of my own and finish sometime in the next three years or so.

Questionable Pilot

Sexy Frozen

I haven't been watching any new anime either. I've only been following other people talking about them and keeping up with that. sweatdrop And if there are enough familiar voices, you can make up a crossover with other characters the actors have played. xd

That's cool you won a Wii U, though. 3nodding I haven't gotten the new Nintendo consoles since the Wii. I have a 3DS but that's it. sweatdrop And I work in retail. I'm a front store employee who kinda specializes in the cosmetic section. By 'specialize' I mean "I'm the only one who knows where everything is and has to handle that but as far as being a cosmetician? I got no trainin' for that." xd

I'll have to get a Steam account, then. xd You're making a game? That's so much work! Are you doing it on your own? What is it about, if you don't mind me asking?

Shy Explorer

Hakui-Kitsune

Hahaha I can imagine a silly video using a voice actor but from different animes. XD

Yeah I do enjoy having it. I still need to sit down and play breath of the wild though. biggrin I don't think I could do a retail job. Talking to customers is my weak point @_@. I'm way too reclusive. I bet you're super good at your job though! 3nodding

Yush. I've sat down a couple times and tried to make a game and the first two times I kinda messed up. The first time the game I wanted to make would've just taken way too long so I scrapped it. The second time I got about halfway through and I had an artist, but I ran out of money so I had to grab a job. I scrapped that project too because I wasn't happy with it. sweatdrop Also I couldn't pay the artist and I felt really bad about that whole situation crying so I decided to work on something that I could do alone.

Here's a gif of what it looked like at the time https://imgur.com/Y1vhmg3

And a little image of the shaders I was working on! https://imgur.com/3LvPbGI

As for now though, I'm working on something I'm more into that I can do myself. I'm going to do a fantasy mystery visual novel with some gameplay elements. The main character is going to be a Shripe girl (Shripes are real short like this: https://imgur.com/QMlnhl0 ) named Einen (This is her: https://imgur.com/4tdmlYk I am still working on her design but she'll probably get a jacket) Kinda like snatcher if you've ever played that. I'm still debating on whether I want to use the old code from that side scroller I was working on and have little side scroller sections or if I want to use mild rail shooter type elements. I'll probably also have a little romance, though that'll likely be lady love >_> and optional.

It'll take me a very long time though. I'm still in the planning phase and writing the story and all the dialogue, but this time around I'm much more prepared than before and I don't have to worry about running out of money ^_^.

Questionable Pilot

Sexy Frozen

I've heard a lot of good things about Breath of the Wild, though I've never been much of a Zelda fan myself. I don't know what it is but I've never been able to get into any of the games. The one I played the longest was Minish Cap and that was up to the first boss and then I just stopped. sweatdrop And eh, I'm not great at the social aspect either. I'm more manual labor than customer service-y. Besides, I know that if a customer needs/wants something, they'll find me rather than the other way around. Otherwise, I just leave them to their shopping which I haven't gotten any complaints about. 3nodding

Well, the good thing about those first two mess-ups is that you learned from your mistakes, right? You know a general 'what not to do' now with your third attempt. 3nodding Though, I'd feel bad about not paying that artist, too, regardless of how much work they put into the project or not. sweatdrop Hopefully, there's no grudges? And your old game looked really good! I really like that it's a side-scrolling shoot-em game like Megaman (even though I've never played one myself xd ). Your player character looks cool too and the shaders you made looked nice as well. 3nodding Too bad it didn't work out, though.

Ooooh, fantasy mystery visual novel? I love VNs. heart Your main character looks good, though I understand where the 'still working' bit comes in. I think she'd look better with a jacket too. 3nodding It also depends on her role in the story, like if she's going to be anything like Gillian from Snatcher. (I've watched Let's Plays of Snatcher and its spiritual sequel, Policenauts, but have never played them myself. Loved the stories and details in both games, though!) I think using your old code from your side-scroller would work fine, so long as it doesn't overtake the VN aspect of your game. Going for rail-shooter elements, even just mildly, sounds like a lot of work and building it all from the ground up to me. It's 100% your call, though. 3nodding And a little optional sapphic romance sounds great too. wink

That's good. Regardless of how much time it'll take, so long as you're prepared and know what to do and how to do it, it shouldn't matter how long the whole process will be. Sounds like you'll be okay with working on your new game. 3nodding

Generous Gaian

Hakui!!!
How've you been? ;w;

Questionable Pilot

HisMeow

Hey there. smile I've been alright. Haven't been feeling very motivated to draw lately, so I've just been focused on real life work. sweatdrop I don't know when or how I can get myself back to drawing again.

Generous Gaian

Hakui-Kitsune
HisMeow

Hey there. smile I've been alright. Haven't been feeling very motivated to draw lately, so I've just been focused on real life work. sweatdrop I don't know when or how I can get myself back to drawing again.

Aww, that sucks sad hopefully you'll find that drive again.
How's the real life stuff going?

Questionable Pilot

HisMeow

Me too. sad
It's going alright. Work is just its usual business and I've also been cleaning up my house some more.

Generous Gaian

Hakui-Kitsune
HisMeow

Me too. sad
It's going alright. Work is just its usual business and I've also been cleaning up my house some more.

Been keeping you busy at least lol
Were you able to get all of your art tech to work properly? I can't remember if you've gotten it all working since you last told me it was unresponsive due to it being incompatible

Questionable Pilot

HisMeow

Yeah, all my art tech is working now. It's just that I'm still missing the editing power of Photoshop that I can't get with SAI. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff