Dame Ephelia
demon_shiska
Dame Ephelia
demon_shiska
hahaha omg this thread is great *wipes tears from eyes*
Your art & notes have me laughing so much I have tears in my eyes rofl

I'm here to serve, citizen.
also I really enjoyed your webcomic

Thank you. I hope that you will keep reading it. Your readership would mean a lot to me!
No problem! You have a new follower hahaha I'll look forward to it's future

Divine Zealot

Kotecou K

Animu you say? I do say half naked cartoons do sound like a laugh. I remember 1 guy getting it on with 14 girls under the age of 12. It was quite hilarious. then i passed out.
You know i remember seeing a dark shadow near the window but I lacked the ability to move.

Edit::....~wrights 269 down on a piece of paper~
and I'm happy you like it. i drew it with my finger on the little laptop mouse. so it felt like i was fingerpainting.

Animu is so silly, isn't it? Those Chinese cartoon animators sure do love underage girls. Who for some reason always end up in the main character's harem for no discernible reason other than 'plot.'

Of course I'd like it, it is a gift. If someone spends their own time drawing a thing for me, no matter if it's just stick figures it's still a gift and I appreciate it. Unlike some people in this thread who never thanked me for my hard 5 minutes of drawing their shitty OCs! That five minutes could have been used to do something else.

Beloved Sex Symbol

13,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dame Ephelia
Kotecou K

Animu you say? I do say half naked cartoons do sound like a laugh. I remember 1 guy getting it on with 14 girls under the age of 12. It was quite hilarious. then i passed out.
You know i remember seeing a dark shadow near the window but I lacked the ability to move.

Edit::....~wrights 269 down on a piece of paper~
and I'm happy you like it. i drew it with my finger on the little laptop mouse. so it felt like i was fingerpainting.

Animu is so silly, isn't it? Those Chinese cartoon animators sure do love underage girls. Who for some reason always end up in the main character's harem for no discernible reason other than 'plot.'

Of course I'd like it, it is a gift. If someone spends their own time drawing a thing for me, no matter if it's just stick figures it's still a gift and I appreciate it. Unlike some people in this thread who never thanked me for my hard 5 minutes of drawing their shitty OCs! That five minutes could have been used to do something else.

~nods in agreement~ All that plot...They could make animu for decades upon centuries upon a millennium. I Think that one day all the animu will converge and take over all media. It will be a sight i won't get to see.
But you'll never get that...you drew...10+ pictures surprised carry the 4, minus 11....1 whole hour gone.
tsk tsk. It's for the greater good though! and i enjoyed drawing. I just give up easily when it comes to getting better. I'd do the same whenever someone draws something for me.

Designated Panda's Significant Otter

Adorable Lunatic

Dame Ephelia
outlaw trinidy
I am glad I was able to help somehow ^-^
I treat the quizzes like I am asking them these questions and if they don't answer I skip and move on xD The fact they are shy about telling some private info tells me more about them

but ya, all writers are different
I am more about the psychology/behaviors than visual. So I always have to go back and add the visuals. XD The chart is awesome because it keeps things fresh in my mind; so that when I go back to see what I forgot; I am like
DOH! I forgot to tell people what I am seeing in my head... >.> lucky i wrote it all out before XD :uses the 6 senses and boom! done: >D

Do you have any tips on depicting senses in visual media like comics? I'm always told you need to utilize smelling, touching, etc. to establish a good scene/mood in a book but when it comes to visual stuff like a comic I don't know if that's a thing to still value? Though I guess the difference would be instead of saying "the air smelled like s**t" I'd show a picture of someone sniffing and being like ******** THAT SMELLS AWFUL JESUS CHRIST. I guess my question is does using the senses impact/help a scene as much as it does in a book (if you have any experience/familiarity using them in visual media, anyway).

Edit: Also, good night!
the senses are important still; but! Best if they are important to the story; or showing how much the person hates being in that situation. or to show the enemy needs a bath. etc. Now touch, sight, sound, smell, taste. All important; they help the reader be in the situation. There is, though, a thing as too much information. The most important questions to ask is "What is the character doing, and how are they feeling. As in; are they feeling cold from a breeze crossing through the woods? Are they scared being in that fog? Did they trip and land in bog muck? A good example about bad smell would be in that. Being covered in bog muck, it is a disgusting smell. So gnats might be attracted, and your character's mood sour because of being sticky, smelly and just downright uncomfortable. Annoyed at the bugs etc. ^0^

Divine Zealot

Kotecou K
~nods in agreement~ All that plot...They could make animu for decades upon centuries upon a millennium. I Think that one day all the animu will converge and take over all media. It will be a sight i won't get to see.
But you'll never get that...you drew...10+ pictures surprised carry the 4, minus 11....1 whole hour gone.
tsk tsk. It's for the greater good though! and i enjoyed drawing. I just give up easily when it comes to getting better. I'd do the same whenever someone draws something for me.

Animu world domination shall force everyone to have gigantic, sparkly bug-eyes and address everyone as "nii-san," while also saying "Kyaaa!" and "I hope senpai notices me!"

Looks like I won't have to spend five minutes on unthankful people anymore, since this topic is like 10+ pages or some s**t, and people stay the ******** away from 2+ page topics in the Freebies section like an 18-year-old drug addict with 3 kids.

I kind of want to make a new topic so I can ridicule more people on their bad OCs but at the same time I don't want to draw anymore shitty OCs.

Divine Zealot

outlaw trinidy
the senses are important still; but! Best if they are important to the story; or showing how much the person hates being in that situation. or to show the enemy needs a bath. etc. Now touch, sight, sound, smell, taste. All important; they help the reader be in the situation. There is, though, a thing as too much information. The most important questions to ask is "What is the character doing, and how are they feeling. As in; are they feeling cold from a breeze crossing through the woods? Are they scared being in that fog? Did they trip and land in bog muck? A good example about bad smell would be in that. Being covered in bog muck, it is a disgusting smell. So gnats might be attracted, and your character's mood sour because of being sticky, smelly and just downright uncomfortable. Annoyed at the bugs etc. ^0^

Hey, I hadn't thought of that before, showing environmental stuff like gnats being attracted to a character that smells bad. I'm trying to make sure I keep the mantra of 'show, not tell' when it comes to things that could be easily shown rather than say "You smell bad."

So, like you said, instead of someone saying "I'm cold!", it'd be better to show a cold wind going through the forest and the character shivering in tandem. Or, if someone's hot, them fanning themselves with their hands/something and also sweating, wiping their foreheads, etc.

Actually... now, this makes me want to compile a list of emotions and things people do that are associated with those things. Like sweating when nervous and etc.

Divine Zealot

What the ******** at this tiered spending bullshit. Can anyone legitimately justify spending over $500 on this shitty internet weeaboo dress-up site? Like, even if you had the expendable cash, there are far more utilitarian ways to utilize $500 other than giving it to a garbage corporation like Gaia so you can dress up your virtual waifu.

x-Ruairi-x's Wife

This thread is the ******** best.

Draw my avatar please?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Designated Panda's Significant Otter

Adorable Lunatic

Dame Ephelia

Hey, I hadn't thought of that before, showing environmental stuff like gnats being attracted to a character that smells bad. I'm trying to make sure I keep the mantra of 'show, not tell' when it comes to things that could be easily shown rather than say "You smell bad."

So, like you said, instead of someone saying "I'm cold!", it'd be better to show a cold wind going through the forest and the character shivering in tandem. Or, if someone's hot, them fanning themselves with their hands/something and also sweating, wiping their foreheads, etc.

Actually... now, this makes me want to compile a list of emotions and things people do that are associated with those things. Like sweating when nervous and etc.
Yup showing, in comics, is often best to bring it to life. ^-^

Exactly~ If they are disgusted with seeing a gob of slime from a creepy creature the facial expressions say a lot too. They don't always have to speak. But it all depends on the situation. biggrin

A list is great!
There are lists of emotions online that you can pull ideas from too smile

and I have no idea what I am saying atm XD my lack of sleep doubled so I am like kinda o.O wait whut?

Dangerous Hellraiser

11,350 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Ohh how I'd love to see what you'd come up with for these skimpy ladies.
Or If you're not interested in two people, just my gal?

User Image

User Image

(Warning: large image)
User Image

And this is hers(Sorry i only have these refs):
User Image

(Warning: large image)
User Image

Divine Zealot

Kemistree
This thread is the ******** best.

Draw my avatar please?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

My cereal got soggy because I drew this image.

Divine Zealot

Annarkii

User Image

Dangerous Hellraiser

11,350 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Dame Ephelia

User Image

omg YES
xD
perfection

x-Ruairi-x's Wife

Dame Ephelia
This is ******** gold. Thanks! Too bad I don't spend RL cash on gaia items XD

Divine Zealot

I made maple-drizzled bacon and the maple is permeating through the whole house and it smells ******** delicious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff