Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naming our Winter/Christmas Freebie Thread: (please vote)

Winter Wonder Art 0.80555555555556 80.6% [ 29 ]
Trim the Tree art gathering 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 >

11,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Kage Hikoshi
crying I had to PM you, I'm staring at the Tumblr and I... don't have a clue. I'll keep staring at the tutorial.

Edit: Okay I got the tutorial- How long does a normal upload take cause it's about 10 minutes... *stares at the Tumblr*

It depends on how big the art is. It can't exceed 10mb. It's been taking long time for me too. Ill check it out and see what's happening.

SnowDrifted's Significant Otter

Demonic Partner

Da Firenze
Kage Hikoshi
crying I had to PM you, I'm staring at the Tumblr and I... don't have a clue. I'll keep staring at the tutorial.

Edit: Okay I got the tutorial- How long does a normal upload take cause it's about 10 minutes... *stares at the Tumblr*

It depends on how big the art is. It can't exceed 10mb. It's been taking long time for me too. Ill check it out and see what's happening.

Yeah the tutorial said "Don't worry about size, it'll shrink down". What I will do then is upload maybe one at a time and see if that helps (just space them out, don't spam it)

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
-Lolita_Kana-
May I suggest on the thread where it says art drawn instead of posting the artist name maybe the requestors name so we know who has art and who doesn't?

Also Im up for the icon posting, can I be the reindeer :3?

Hi, Kana!

I think the reason we usually put the artist's name is partly to give them credit (it is their work and an example of their skill, after all) and simply because it's almost always easier to track down the artist's username- artists are much more likely to sign their own work and write that it's theirs than to put the name of the recipient in their post. It's fairly difficult to keep an updated list of who has been drawn thus far since we can only know once the work is finished (ie, people can be working on the same person at the same time unknowingly). Most artists want their work to be a happy surprise, so we usually only know once the work has been completed and uploaded. I think it often happens that someone will get no art, and then several pieces of art within a couple of days.

However, we do try to keep a list of who we know has been drawn (again, based on the Tumblr) in the request threads every event (We all want to know who hasn't received any art), although it isn't always possible to keep track of everyone who has been drawn, as not everyone labels or even uploads their work (sometimes by self-consciousness, not knowing that other people are more than happy to upload it for them or simply by choice because it is a pubic website), and there's often a delay between a work being completed and it being uploaded - some artists wait until the end of the event to upload their piece. Now that we have enough pieces of art up I'm going to be updating that today, and there will be a list of people we know have been drawn. But since you asked special, these are the names of people we know who have been drawn thus far based on the completed and labelled works on the Tumblr:

Request Thread:

People drawn: ET MOI x2, COCKATRICE x3, Deus F, Slayernice, Red October Archangel, Hottie Yoko, MoonlightKo x3, Kiryu Thunder x2, iLady iHawk, Big Blue Nation, TehCissnei x3, AngelicHottie126 x2, Coitus Interruptus, Psychoesque, Elven Warrior Maiden, Ely Elysium, outlaw trinidy, Freytastic, Attack on Panties, Nishikino, Evelin333.

FAFE Artists:

People drawn: Chimera Machinations, 13th-chan x3, Kage Hikoshi x2, Kayovi x2, Da Firenze, DignityPower.

I'll keep updating it as more art is uploaded during the event. Hope that helps!

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Kage Hikoshi
Da Firenze
Kage Hikoshi

Yeah the tutorial said "Don't worry about size, it'll shrink down". What I will do then is upload maybe one at a time and see if that helps (just space them out, don't spam it)

Oooh, I've been meaning to quote you, bunny. If ever you're having trouble uploading your work to the Tumblr, please do feel free to pop me a quote. I'm quite the slave to visual fodder (and follow a lot of art/fashion photography/photography blogs) and luckily fairly well versed in Tumblr, so I'd be more than happy to upload them for you. Plus, I'd like to see more of your art! It's always fun seeing stuff from online friends.

SnowDrifted's Significant Otter

Demonic Partner

Vishkah

Oooh, I've been meaning to quote you, bunny. If ever you're having trouble uploading your work to the Tumblr, please do feel free to pop me a quote. I'm quite the slave to visual fodder (and follow a lot of art/fashion photography/photography blogs) and luckily fairly well versed in Tumblr, so I'd be more than happy to upload them for you. Plus, I'd like to see more of your art! It's always fun seeing stuff from online friends.

Thank goodness. I will try my hardest not to burden you but if I do find myself in a bind then I will most certainly come looking your direction for assistance madame.

11,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Threadmaster 200
allmostanyone
Sorry I haven't been active, I got off an 18 hour flight, no one should ever be on a plan that long...
The jet lag is pretty bad but I think I should be better by tomorrow ^^

It's fine. I completely understand. biggrin

11,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze

Can I be this one?
User Image

Or if you want people to have different ones bell or candle.

Edit: Also Have I been doing the Tumblr right?

It's fine if the artists to use the same icon. biggrin

Also yes, you're doing it right.

Versatile Muse

Da Firenze
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze

Can I be this one?
User Image

Awesome. :3 Thanks
To keep things different I think I will be a candle. :3

Edit: just noticed I am already the cute deer. :3 awesome.

11,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze

Can I be this one?
User Image

\

I can change it if you want. biggrin

Versatile Muse

Da Firenze
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze

Can I be this one?
User Image

As long as you don't mind. sweatdrop

11,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze
Hottie yoko
Da Firenze

Can I be this one?
User Image

As long as you don't mind. sweatdrop

I don't mind.
I just changed it. biggrin

Versatile Muse

Da Firenze

I don't mind.
I just changed it. biggrin

Thank you. :3

Tipsy Friend

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Da Firenze
Hey! I would like to join as an artist. I have some questions though, when is the event exactly? Do we have to submit a ton of art, or is some art here and there alright?

Tipsy Friend

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
forbidden~alchemist
Da Firenze
Hey! I would like to join as an artist. I have some questions though, when is the event exactly? Do we have to submit a ton of art, or is some art here and there alright?
Is this thread dead? crying Well, let me know. I can show samples if you want.

Wistful Heckler

Da Firenze

hey-o, i've used the snowman icon for the quote icon
              without.. being a participant. much sorry about that.

and do we post the art we made for people who requested art in the main thread or in the request thread?

also i'd like a link to the list of people that are being neglected

thanks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces