Selling at Cons is best during the...

Spring 0.11470588235294 11.5% [ 117 ]
Summer 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 300 ]
Fall 0.07156862745098 7.2% [ 73 ]
Winter 0.054901960784314 5.5% [ 56 ]
Any time! 0.46470588235294 46.5% [ 474 ]
Total Votes:[ 1020 ]

Cheery Sweetheart

Woot! Just got confirmed for Anime Next and sent in my payment. All that worrying for nothing ^_^

Shadowy Phantom

Congrats~ I requested a 24h table so I don't know until next week ;_;

Cheery Sweetheart

Ooh, good luck with that!
Yay! I got my confirmation from Nebraskon today! biggrin
I'm on the waiting list for Anime USA... I'm #5, so I guess that's not too bad; I'd much preferred to have gotten a table though. XD
Being #5 at least gives you a shot at it. ^_^

This is a legal bump. This is also my strong desire to say "HOORAY! AD FORUM IS NO LONGER AT THE TOP OF THE LANDING PAGE!"

Shadowy Phantom

Ooh, they finally moved the AD back down. Parrrty!

Edit for the sake of being on topic:
Do any of you guys have experience with at-con Copic commissions? How should those be priced compared to pencil sketches, long commissions, etc? I've got no idea at all.
I do them, and I do price them a fair bit higher, as they take a LOT longer to do than a pencil or ink sketch... I feel like I might be underpricing based on the work involved, but so be it, I'll keep my prices lower for now...

I do pencil at $10 , ink $15 , and marker $25 .

Shadowy Phantom

Do you have any examples of those? I've only been doing quick sketches so far (for $4), haven't done any serious commissions at cons yet.
The most recent ones I have online are from about a year ago... (not counting a couple I'm doing just here at home right now) from a local con where I could do them at home overnight, and actually scan them instead of my usual photos. Marker, pencil,, and I don't seem to have a recent ink sample up.
this was done for 5$ card size
This was done for 15$ half body half sheet of paper
Something like this would have cost 40$ full page full body background
2 characters, full body bw for 25$

my prices are,
small items like cards, badges, stickers are 5$ in color
half body full body
pencils 5$ 7$
Ink BW 10$ 15$
Color 15$ 25

+character 5$ 10$
+Background 5$ 15$

Shadowy Phantom

Cetriya: Oh wow. Don't you think you're undercharging for the larger ones? Unless you're super-fast.
you mean the 25$ color ones?

coloring is the easy part, its the drawings that take time.
Also, my prices are based on the fact that I want to run out of my markers as soon as possible, and I kind of dont correct my anatomy as much.

It used to be higher, but this is the price that I get business at cons and depending on when I get them I can do about 4-6 a day but I only get about 5 a con.

Besides, I'm not popular, when demands get higher, I'll up my prices

Shadowy Phantom

I was referring more to the inked full bodies xP Colouring is the easy part for me too.

I tend to go by hour rates when pricing myself, maybe that's why I price myself higher. I aim for $10-ish per hour at least, with extra costs for when I could be doing other things (I charge more if I'm busy IRL, etc).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff