Selling at Cons is best during the...

Spring 0.11470588235294 11.5% [ 117 ]
Summer 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 300 ]
Fall 0.07156862745098 7.2% [ 73 ]
Winter 0.054901960784314 5.5% [ 56 ]
Any time! 0.46470588235294 46.5% [ 474 ]
Total Votes:[ 1020 ]

Shadowy Phantom

Yaah AX is an outlier. For AX, I'd recommend bringing 500-ish, maybe 1000? I don't know what their AA traffic is like, I can't afford to go there.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I probably should have counted how many sketch cards I gave away. Last year I was a moron who didn't buy business cards so I just sketched lulzy images on some stiff paper and wrote my deviantart page on them. >_< I'm a terrible business person through sheer noobery.

Though some people strangely picked them up to giggle at the jokes and put them back down eve though I wrote "free" on neon green paper all around them. O_o

Shadowy Phantom

Many people won't take free stuff they know they have no use for. Saves you money, since those people probably wouldn't have visited your site or whatever even if they had your card.

If you really want to get rid of your cards, offer them to people. Most people feel bad turning down free stuff, so they'll take it.
Thanks for the advice Kyousouka. =)
Registration for Anime Nebraskon is now open... I'm registered, paid, and assuming all is processed right, will be there! Yay!
Megacon is tomorrow, finishing last min things for the table.

I hate how office depot keeps changing their prices/paper stock....
Whoop, better get my registration info in for Nebraskon too!

Cheery Sweetheart

Ugghhhh... I have no idea what to do. I just installed the new printer I got because my old one broke last summer... and the scanner attached to the new printer doesn't work with my computer. It's a TWAIN scanner and apparently my OS is too new to be compatible with it. I looked on the adobe website for how to scan onto Photoshop, and it said this kind of scanner will crash my computer.

I could only get this one because it was on sale, I wouldn't be able to get another one. What do I do? Will it really crash my computer? If no one here knows, where should I ask?

Edit: The site got me all worked up over nothing. Just scanned using the software that came with it, and it turned out fine.

Distinct Prophet

Ok, I'm having a kind of ridiculous dilemma, maybe people here can help.

I've been considering buying a button making machine. And I have difficulty deciding between a 1.5" and a 1.25"

I know these are so extremely similar that it probably doesn't matter, but all the buttons I've acquired are of the 1.25" variety, and I was kind of leaning toward the 1.5" one. Does anyone have experience with how well one size of button sells over another? Would anyone not get a button if it were not a particular size?? I'm flustered that this is even an issue for me, but it IS. >.<

Shadowy Phantom

I haven't tried selling buttons, but I personally prefer 1.25 over all other sizes, they just look better to me. That's also the size I normally see for sale, so maybe there's a reason for that.
I usually see 1.0 or 1.25 over other sizes, myself... easy to transport, easy for people to wear a ton of them at once, and easy to get the supplies for (though, I have no idea how easy any size is to get, as I don't make buttons ^^ ).
1.0 up to 1.5 is fine anything bigger is harder to 'deal' with.

1st day of megacon, sold 2 note books and got 2 commissions. In general, not to bad of a con.

Distinct Prophet

Supplies isn't really an issue. I'm not sure where one would get button supplies other than the internet, and the machines and supplies equally available and priced the same whether it's 1.25 or 1.5

Thanks for the input though. I'll think on it some more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff