Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spoopy Kitten

I dont get a lot of feedback as im mostly a hobby artist who draws for myself and close friends but id like to perfect my current styles. Please comment and critique anything and everything you see in my work. If you like something, tell me. If you dont like something, tell me how to make it better. I would also like it if you could rate (1-10) each piece you critique so i can get a general feel for what style(s) im better at and what style(s) people generally like more

Please and thank you c:

Texture/Furry/Chibi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shading/Human/Anime

Shading/Pony/MLP

EDIT: If youd like to redline any of these three doodles, please do!

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
Well, I think the first one is really cute. I don't have much to say about the MLP one.

I have two comments on the second one. One, until you learn how to texture better, try not to make the color of his clothing match so closely to the color of his skin. Even if you're going for a "natural" color, beige comes in many different varieties.
Natural Leather

Also, uh, wow... he's got quite a, uh, package going on there. Most of the time, men's groin areas do not bulge out like that. If you see this, avert your eyes and hope he's not a creep.

My best recommendation to help with your shading is, try to start thinking of what you're drawing in 3D. The head becomes a spheroid, the arms and legs become cylinders, the clothing hangs from the highest point to the lowest point. try to think about the shape of what you're drawing , where the light/s are, and how it hits the object. Of course, it takes practice and more concentration on what your doing, but the results are very satisfying.

IRL Otaku

19,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Needs more detail. Also shadowing. I'm not much for commenting on style, but I'm not gonna critique that cuz everyone has their own. I will only say that the style seems very bland and uninteresting.

950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Details and shading would help these out a lot because right now they're very boring and flat. Anatomy practice will also help you out in regards to the human.

Luthstar's Wife

Tipsy Fatcat

supah cute! 10/10 :3
Like the others previously mentioned, shading would help tons. Adding gradient for shadowing doesn't really help and it usually makes the drawing look worse. Adding a darker shade or lighter tint of the base color you use is not a good idea; read up on color theory. The pose is a bit off; when doing archery, you should be shooting at a slight angle and with your legs straight. For the third drawing, I see what you tried to do when imitating the MLP style, but the pointy hock part does not flow very well.

Bloodthirsty Prophet

Also, uh, wow... he's got quite a, uh, package going on there. Most of the time, men's groin areas do not bulge out like that. If you see this, avert your eyes and hope he's not a creep.

^^^^^

this, that area is huge and distracting. the figures seem pretty stiff all around, you also might want to try some more dynamic poses.

what are you using btw?

Spoopy Kitten

Noxidian
Like the others previously mentioned, shading would help tons. Adding gradient for shadowing doesn't really help and it usually makes the drawing look worse. Adding a darker shade or lighter tint of the base color you use is not a good idea; read up on color theory. The pose is a bit off; when doing archery, you should be shooting at a slight angle and with your legs straight. For the third drawing, I see what you tried to do when imitating the MLP style, but the pointy hock part does not flow very well.

I dont use gradient for shadowing, besides on the first doodle. My shading typically looks like one of those, but i am still pracicing and fiddling with shading style. What do you mean about a darker shade or lighter tint? Im also a bit confused on what a hock is?

Spoopy Kitten

GothicSquish

^^^^^

this, that area is huge and distracting. the figures seem pretty stiff all around, you also might want to try some more dynamic poses.

what are you using btw?

Human figures are hardest for me to draw. If you can, can you redline the crotch area for me? I really have no idea on how to make them not buldgey ^^;

Fire alpaca and a computer mouse for digital. I havent found a tablet i liked

Spoopy Kitten

xChibi Cannibalx
Im also a bit confused on what a hock is?
Have a look at this image. It's a labeled diagram of horse anatomy. 3nodding

The hock is the back leg's ankle; the back of the joint that allows the lower back leg to bring the hoof forward.

Spoopy Kitten

Eizoryu
xChibi Cannibalx
Im also a bit confused on what a hock is?
Have a look at this image. It's a labeled diagram of horse anatomy. 3nodding

The hock is the back leg's ankle; the back of the joint that allows the lower back leg to bring the hoof forward.

Super thank you for that ^^ As for right now, i think ill keep my hocks as is. I consider it part of my mlp style

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff