Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Hello all, this thread can't promise you a lot but I am aiming to deliver cosplay critiques in the dulcet tones of Transformers most famous back stabber!

"Why? That's what they all asked me. Why him... why Starscream? [...]Because I'm an idiot, that's why!" - Megatron.

So please, relax, chill out and discuss here. smile

The Ratings -

1/5
Oh, all hail the broken down junk pile of our failed leader.

2/5
Oh, my poor master. How it pains me to see you so wounded, so weak...

3/5
Not to call you a coward, master, but sometimes, cowards do survive...

4/5
One insect, among seven billion...?

5/5
What a treat! You and me, alone!

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
(I think Starscream is going to become a fixture!)

Week 40 -

First -
User Image

This feels familiar ... hmm ... yes, it's accurate but it's also very boring.

(Boring is right, it is accurate but there's not a lot to it ... I'm conflicted between scoring it high because of the accuracy and simultaneously loathing it because it's so simple. 4/5)

Second -
User Image

What is with his skin? It looks like he has a skin condition, isn't there a proper white skin?

(I'm not sure I get the skin either, wouldn't the white body dye have been a better fit? That said, it's nice and it's a scene so win-win so it's a real shame the skin doesn't entirely work. 4/5)

Third -
User Image

I know someone who likes to come in and push buttons at random too ... I might use it against him one day ...

(I liked this one in voting except the eyes, it feels a little like this one placed due to nostalgia but still it's a good attempt. 4/5)

What is with all the 4/5's?! Change the record.

(Oh hush you whiny pain!)

Forth -
User Image

Huh ... it looks like a monkey, I wonder if it flies ...

(... wrong media there Scream! That said, 5/5 for this one, accurate and with a lot of great nods for people who have played the game).

Fifth -
User Image

I have no real clue as to who this person is ... honestly.

(Like Scream I have no clue who she is ... it looks comparatively accurate. The eyes in the reference look to be brown mind you? That said, it looks fairly accurate but the face seems off, loose the lippy. 3/5).

Sixth -
User Image

Uhhh, cyborgs, I hate cyborgs ... Be one or the other!

(This one seems off to me ... I don't know but I don't really see the reference image in the cosplay. The chest and stomach area is clearly white in the reference after all and the blue sleeve is a bit too much for the cosplay. 2/5)

Seventh -
User Image

Again with the not robots!

(Now this one, this one I like, I can see nothing that I'd change about it 5/5)

Eighth -
User Image

Uhhh ... pink and this series again?

(Yes, pink ... not a colour I'm fond of! That said it's another 'it's accurate but ...' cosplays. I've seen it too many times to be impressed by it, the sleeves were cleverly done but ... well ... first instinct is 3/5 but I think 4/5 is fairer).

Ninth -
User Image

Someone got this right? I was beginning to think you humans would never succeed at it!

(This is an often seen cosplay but it's also the only time I've seen it done well. 5/5)

Tenth -
User Image

How is that skeleton standing on it's own?

(How the hell were you a robot ghost in G1)

... hmm, yes, all right! Seems to be all right.

(A nice take on this, a shame Gaia doesn't have more interesting trousers!! 5/5)

User Image

Questionable Hero

11,000 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
It's great to see a feedback thread for Fanart-Avis C:
Keep it up~ heart

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Erdbeerkatze
It's great to see a feedback thread for Fanart-Avis C:
Keep it up~ heart

Thanks, I hope to smile

Fashionable Vampire

Good luck!
We need another critic in the house.

Friendly Lunatic

Honestly, the fact that you are doing your reviews as my favorite Transformer makes this thread awesome. I also do so enjoy your comments in the arenas and I know you'll have excellent reviews.

Will keep coming.

Witty Nymph

LOL the tile makes me fall out of my chair. razz

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I'm all for this thread.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
emotion_kirakira

Thanks for all the support guys!

I kept saying I'd do it and Starscream was all like 'I have lots of insults' so I went with that. XD

Supportive Member

14,700 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Yay for another cosplay critique thread! There aren't enough of these (too many original ones)! And thanks for the critique! ^^; It felt off to me still too, but no one suggested anything different other than eyes the first time around :/

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
IIDarknessChosenII
Yay for another cosplay critique thread! There aren't enough of these (too many original ones)! And thanks for the critique! ^^; It felt off to me still too, but no one suggested anything different other than eyes the first time around :/

sweatdrop

Yes, I'm really sorry that I don't have anything more solid then that.

Supportive Member

14,700 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Pilotslover
IIDarknessChosenII

sweatdrop

Yes, I'm really sorry that I don't have anything more solid then that.

Oh it's totally fine ^^
I didn't want to use all of the previous winners suggestions because I didn't want to feel like a copycat and have people "boo" me for that (like they did with the lamp cosplay last week xD)

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
IIDarknessChosenII

Oh it's totally fine ^^
I didn't want to use all of the previous winners suggestions because I didn't want to feel like a copycat and have people "boo" me for that (like they did with the lamp cosplay last week xD)

Oh, I can understand that one! Your's was different enough for me to like it but something I can't put my finger on just seems off ...

The lamp one was exactly like the old one.

Supportive Member

14,700 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Pilotslover
IIDarknessChosenII

Oh it's totally fine ^^

Oh, I can understand that one! Your's was different enough for me to like it but something I can't put my finger on just seems off ...

The lamp one was exactly like the old one.

haha~ yeah it was an exact copy.

I'm curious as to what you think of my entry this week

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
IIDarknessChosenII

haha~ yeah it was an exact copy.

I'm curious as to what you think of my entry this week

Well, feel free to PM me a link and I'll let you know smile

Quick Reply