Don't care about Ultimate Universe 0.065217391304348 6.5% [ 3 ]
Just hope they don't mess him up 0.3695652173913 37.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
This poll closed on September 13, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Miss-dark8607
Captain No-Shoes
The most retarded part of this is they are trying to appeal to a demographic that has absolutley no interest in reading comics.

Umm I'm not a white guy and I read comics. Most of the people at my LCS aren't white either. Hell my LCS is run by a Latino and Asian.

ninja What does LCS stand for cause my minds just racing, plus he might be from a small town or suborned and not have many people of color as it where around him, lets not be to harsh....
I don't have a problem with it, I just prefer Peter.
He'll always be the only Spider-Man in my eyes.
I'll give the new guy a chance.
Twisted_Misery

ninja I feel the same, and Pete is still in the normal/main marvel universe as Spider-Man I'm just hoping the don't mess up the Spider-Man image/char, by going to far off base as what the Spidey image means to those of us that find him as our fave and most ideal hero that first us... hahaha
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

ninja I feel the same, and Pete is still in the normal/main marvel universe as Spider-Man I'm just hoping the don't mess up the Spider-Man image/char, by going to far off base as what the Spidey image means to those of us that find him as our fave and most ideal hero that first us... hahaha

I'm very happy he's only dead in the alternate world, but if they kill him off in the real world, I'll be pissed.
I agree.
It'll just take time to get used to, but hopefully it'll be worth it.
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

I'm very happy he's only dead in the alternate world, but if they kill him off in the real world, I'll be pissed.
I agree.
It'll just take time to get used to, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

ninja I think they well do a good job and agree with you about the main universe I'd also be super made, already not liking him being with the FF right now in that white and black costume, just looks like anti-venom to much for me hahaha

also I hope they don't make him gay, bi well that's whatever, but not full gay. Cause i think they'll end up making him way to flamboyant if they do, or like a girly-guy.... I just want a normal guy that has to go through crap and use his brains and powers to get out of it without, looking like a victim!
EthelbertOddity

ninja I think they well do a good job and agree with you about the main universe I'd also be super made, already not liking him being with the FF right now in that white and black costume, just looks like anti-venom to much for me hahaha

also I hope they don't make him gay, bi well that's whatever, but not full gay. Cause i think they'll end up making him way to flamboyant if they do, or like a girly-guy.... I just want a normal guy that has to go through crap and use his brains and powers to get out of it without, looking like a victim!

I think it'll probably be fine, we just have to put our anger aside and accept that he's the new Spider-Man.
The white and black one is weird as hell.

The gay part is kind of being pushed aside while everyone freaks out about his race.
I get the feeling they haven't made up their mind what exactly he is yet, possibly to see what us fans would prefer.
I don't see them making him the more feminine gay.
Just please, don't make him and Harry have something....
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity

I think it'll probably be fine, we just have to put our anger aside and accept that he's the new Spider-Man.

The gay part is kind of being pushed aside while everyone freaks out about his race.
I get the feeling they haven't made up their mind what exactly he is yet, possibly to see what us fans would prefer.

ninja Oh wow didn't even think about that hahaha
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity

They wouldn't do that though.
They don't hate us.
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity

They wouldn't do that though.
They don't hate us.

ninja At lest that what we hope and I'm wondering if he well meet MJ or Harry or any of those guys he is in Brooklin after??
EthelbertOddity

ninja At lest that what we hope and I'm wondering if he well meet MJ or Harry or any of those guys he is in Brooklin after??

It'd be interesting to see him around Peter's friends, but also very weird.
Would they really introduce a lot of new people just for him though?
EthelbertOddity
Miss-dark8607
How far has the Mighty have fallen. This also quells my hucth that DC and Marvel are one in the same. DC is getting a Black Batman and now we have a Black Spider-man. Marvel did Women in comics spotlight and now DC wants to do it.

Eh, I am not really impressed. Tokenism is tokenism.

ninja I understand what your saying though Spider-Man is a lot higher profile then Nick Fury, also he isn't just black but Half Black and Half Hispanic... I don't believe they've fallen at all from a business side, I understand there trying to get more people interested, to sale more, I just hope they don't Mess up the Character in general.... and keep him the every man hero.. also They said they might make him homosexual-gay....

Which I don't really understand, why it's important at all, to me and also why half black/half hispanic? Why not one or the other or another ethnicity..? or Ethic mix why hispanic with black.. thing like that I'm kinda loopy on... they could just say his parents are Puerto Rican or something..

I really like that he's biracial. I have friends and family who are either biracial or in a biracial relationship. It's a growing segment of America that needs to be represented.
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity

It'd be interesting to see him around Peter's friends, but also very weird.
Would they really introduce a lot of new people just for him though?

ninja I believe they'll more then likely introduce new people as for he still has his parents and all and both the hispanic and black cultures either see family a lot, like way too much or ever now and again like come home from some place and there's your uncle who you really don't know or haven't seen in forever or just don't really like hahaha
TuckyX
EthelbertOddity
Miss-dark8607
How far has the Mighty have fallen. This also quells my hucth that DC and Marvel are one in the same. DC is getting a Black Batman and now we have a Black Spider-man. Marvel did Women in comics spotlight and now DC wants to do it.

ninja I understand what your saying though Spider-Man is a lot higher profile then Nick Fury, also he isn't just black but Half Black and Half Hispanic... I don't believe they've fallen at all from a business side, I understand there trying to get more people interested, to sale more, I just hope they don't Mess up the Character in general.... and keep him the every man hero.. also They said they might make him homosexual-gay....

Which I don't really understand, why it's important at all, to me and also why half black/half hispanic? Why not one or the other or another ethnicity..? or Ethic mix why hispanic with black.. thing like that I'm kinda loopy on... they could just say his parents are Puerto Rican or something..

I really like that he's biracial. I have friends and family who are either biracial or in a biracial relationship. It's a growing segment of America that needs to be represented.

ninja I disagree with that... I like most black americans who's family has been here like almost from the start are of mixed cultures, and I just not sure what hispanic culture there going to pick, so damn many, after all the fathers going to be hispanic and the mother black, you can tell from the name... I just don't want them too go all poor need minority on us, and keep him a strong smart char...

Mega Glitch

I honestly couldn't give less of a damn about his color, just so long as he is able to live up the name he is supposed to represent. Also you need another poll option, 'I don't know enough about his character to decide'.
EthelbertOddity
TuckyX
EthelbertOddity
Miss-dark8607

ninja I disagree with that... I like most black americans who's family has been here like almost from the start are of mixed cultures, and I just not sure what hispanic culture there going to pick, so damn many, after all the fathers going to be hispanic and the mother black, you can tell from the name... I just don't want them too go all poor need minority on us, and keep him a strong smart char...

I don't understand. Do you not like that he's biracial?

I believe that this isn't some shallow PR stunt by Marvel. Both men have personal reasons for Miles being who he is. Marvel Editor and Chief, Joe Quesada, is Latin-American. Ultimate Spiderman writer, Brian Michael Bendis, has two adopted daughters, one is from Ethiopia and the other is African-American.

Plus, Bendis is one of the better comic book writers out there. He isn't some hollywood hack writer, and for that reason, I'm going to at least check out issue 1.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff