Just hope they don't mess him up 0.3695652173913 37.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
This poll closed on September 13, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

ninja
New Ultimate Spider-Man
Half-black, half-Hispanic!

What do you think about the New (Ultimate) Spider-Man!?!?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bit of review... *He takes over the gig held by Peter Parker, who was killed in Ultimate Spider-Man Issue 160 in June. He's Miles Morales, the half-black, half-Hispanic star of the groundbreaking Ultimate Spider-Man series.*

Now as it says this is another universe so Peter Parker is still Spidey the regular Marvel Universe, so what are your thoughts do you like this do you not??

Update=Found this for Bio: "" means quote!

" Miles is 1/2 black and 1/2 Latino, his mom is Puerto Rican and he’s 13 years old. Little is known about his past except he is inspired by the late Peter Parker/Spider-man and has decided to take up the mantle of Spider-man to honor the fallen hero who was killed by the Green Goblin.

After making his debut in a battle with the Kangaroo, he decides a change of costume is in order as he thinks the original is in poor taste and the public disapproves of it’s use. He will be mentored by Spider man mainstays Gwen Stacy and Aunt May."

Dangerous Visionary

How far has the Mighty have fallen. This also quells my hucth that DC and Marvel are one in the same. DC is getting a Black Batman and now we have a Black Spider-man. Marvel did Women in comics spotlight and now DC wants to do it.

Eh, I am not really impressed. Tokenism is tokenism.

Shameless Conversationalist

User Image

It doesn't matter, a hero is a hero. Besides, it's not like this is the first time Marvel has done this, I don't remember people taking to the streets because Nick Fury wasn't white anymore. It's the Ultimate universe, your allowed to ignore it.

Dangerous Visionary

Fukazeshin

It doesn't matter, a hero is a hero. Besides, it's not like this is the first time Marvel has done this, I don't remember people taking to the streets because Nick Fury wasn't white anymore. It's the Ultimate universe, your allowed to ignore it.

I think you missed the point. I am not upset about whacky race changes. I am just saying it does nothing but try to attempt to appeal to certain demographics and just a weak PR plug. It's not like we don't have a lot of NON White characters already. Again I ask why isn't Vixen on DC getting her own series? Why the need for Black guy being Batman when we have a ton of Black heroes in the DCU?

Same with Marvel. It's just lazy and don't do much to change the current issues with the status quo as the end of the day you still have the same white guys making the same stories from their really white POV.

Edit: See my CD post here: DC want more women

Miss-dark8607
Fukazeshin

I think you missed the point. I am not upset about whacky race changes. I am just saying it does nothing but try to attempt to appeal to certain demographics and just a weak PR plug. It's not like we don't have a lot of NON White characters already. Again I ask why isn't Vixen on DC getting her own series? Why the need for Black guy being Batman when we have a ton of Black heroes in the DCU?

Same with Marvel. It's just lazy and don't do much to change the current issues with the status quo as the end of the day you still have the same white guys making the same stories from their really white POV.

Edit: See my CD post here: DC want more women
I wasn't initially responding to you. And I've glanced at your topic, I've been watching the issue getting batted around by a lot of people since shortly after Comic Con was over.

Dangerous Visionary

Fukazeshin
I wasn't initially responding to you. And I've glanced at your topic, I've been watching the issue getting batted around by a lot of people since shortly after Comic Con was over.

I see.

Miss-dark8607
Fukazeshin

I see.
I'm not trying to be rude. As to more women in comics, I think it's smashing. I like women kicking a** and making comics about kicking a**. I don't get to read a lot of comic books but I try to keep current through the occasional run of a few blogs. I might not be entirely informed about the topic, but from what I've been seeing it seems less like DC is trying to be like Marvel then trying to cover their own a**. I'm now going to stop de-railing the original thread.
Miss-dark8607
How far has the Mighty have fallen. This also quells my hucth that DC and Marvel are one in the same. DC is getting a Black Batman and now we have a Black Spider-man. Marvel did Women in comics spotlight and now DC wants to do it.

Eh, I am not really impressed. Tokenism is tokenism.

ninja I understand what your saying though Spider-Man is a lot higher profile then Nick Fury, also he isn't just black but Half Black and Half Hispanic... I don't believe they've fallen at all from a business side, I understand there trying to get more people interested, to sale more, I just hope they don't Mess up the Character in general.... and keep him the every man hero.. also They said they might make him homosexual-gay....

Which I don't really understand, why it's important at all, to me and also why half black/half hispanic? Why not one or the other or another ethnicity..? or Ethic mix why hispanic with black.. thing like that I'm kinda loopy on... they could just say his parents are Puerto Rican or something..
Fukazeshin
User Image

ninja Understand what your saying though, I think a lot of people well pay attention because they're going to blow it all of proportion in the News and other Media... then you get hate mongers and just uneducational persons...
Fukazeshin
Miss-dark8607
Fukazeshin

I see.
I'm not trying to be rude. As to more women in comics, I think it's smashing. I like women kicking a** and making comics about kicking a**. I don't get to read a lot of comic books but I try to keep current through the occasional run of a few blogs. I might not be entirely informed about the topic, but from what I've been seeing it seems less like DC is trying to be like Marvel then trying to cover their own a**. I'm now going to stop de-railing the original thread.

ninja Thank you for returning to the main topic, and I don't mind some subject change as long as we come back to the main topic...

As For the whole Spider-Man change thing, I just was wondering what other people where thinking, to me I just hope they don't mess up the Character of what Spider-Man stands for.. that's my main point..
Marvel should just stop making comics and focus solely on movies.
Captain No-Shoes
Marvel should just stop making comics and focus solely on movies.

ninja Odd cause they get the movies from the comic books, and a lot of time they mix up all the different average of comics to make the movie... like with thor then used old Thor and Ultimate Thor... as well with the Spidey movies..
The most retarded part of this is they are trying to appeal to a demographic that has absolutley no interest in reading comics.

Dangerous Visionary

Captain No-Shoes
The most retarded part of this is they are trying to appeal to a demographic that has absolutley no interest in reading comics.

Umm I'm not a white guy and I read comics. Most of the people at my LCS aren't white either. Hell my LCS is run by a Latino and Asian.
Captain No-Shoes

ninja not sure what you mean by that.. "demographic" thing are you talking about black or hispanic or the gay culture?

If you mean the black/hispanic people. I must disagree with you, for Im a Black American mute, and I know loads of other black/hispanic and some homosexual/gay people that love comic books, though I do come from big citys so that might be why...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff