Welcome to Gaia! ::

So As I Pray
If your thread is on the front page of the AMC it is considered spamming to bump it. So, stop that.
Sorry to burst your bubble but? I read the terms and conditions of AMC forum. And it never said anything about bumpers? Can you tell me where it says that? sweatdrop
I don't know if it would be my favorite if I got into it while all this hype was floating around
or if I had a decent internet connection back then
there's so much out there like it (though end of eva still did it in the best looking way)

but yeah it's my favorite
and all this hype's only making it better for me
4.0 could suck and it will still be great
I'm completely sold
MooMooJuice
Dominicthewiked
MooMooJuice
I love both the original and Rebuild. It would be pretty neat if the last movie came out in the year of second impact. : o
You mean 3rd impact? Second impact happend on september, 13, 2000. 3rd impact happend in 2015 (next year). i love the original and EoE! lol

Er, right. I meant to say it would be cool for the movie to end the year the anime takes place.
I don't know why I was thinking second impact...
Hehe it's alright I actually almost forgot it's Asuka's birthday! yum_strawberry

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Dominicthewiked
So As I Pray
If your thread is on the front page of the AMC it is considered spamming to bump it. So, stop that.
Sorry to burst your bubble but? I read the terms and conditions of AMC forum. And it never said anything about bumpers? Can you tell me where it says that? sweatdrop

Under spamming, it's considered off-topic chatter.

The forum's slow enough anyways, your thread isn't going anywhere if you just let it sit.

Lunatic

Here I though the rebuilds where a continuation of the last
movie...since from what I remember that shinji has chosen and
will always do the same, making everything go in an infinite loop.

Considering the rebuilds have elements hinting that the end of evangelion
or third impact already took place, but because of the events..humanity had
another crack at it.

But I like the series overall.
So As I Pray
The rebuilds are the only good part of the series.

rolleyes
yggdrasill x
Here I though the rebuilds where a continuation of the last
movie...since from what I remember that shinji has chosen and
will always do the same, making everything go in an infinite loop.

Considering the rebuilds have elements hinting that the end of evangelion
or third impact already took place, but because of the events..humanity had
another crack at it.

But I like the series overall.
The rebuilds are just another take on NGE. And different possibility, which is what the original series kept pushing at the end. I don't like the rebuilds, it's looks presented beautiful...but executed horribly.... I guess as stand alone movies they're good. But don't sit well with the glorious original series/EoE. sweatdrop

Partying Reveler

So As I Pray
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
So As I Pray
The rebuilds are the only good part of the series.

I dunno, NGE was pretty fun for casual tv watching.

The compressed nature of the movies means I both don't have to put up with as much filler-like material, nor do I have to deal with shinji being a b***h quite as much

Yes, Thank you !!

Only way I can stand EVA is threw the Rebuild movies. Shinji is such a ******** p***y . The movies at least cut out half his bullshit.

Shy Bloodsucker

5,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
Where is 4.0...
Holy s**t guys I'm meeting the guy who helped make the Evangelion movies. -excitement intensifies-

High-functioning Gekko

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Party Member 100
my thing is i loved NGE, but i also think it was kinda a lil too squished? but i guess that's what gave the show that sense of urgency. but i feel like it shoulda been more like a 50 episode show rather than a 26 u m u
it woulda given more room for character development, instead of trying to cram everything into like one or two episodes.
that's just me though!
I love the series! Awesome anime series! ^ w ^

Eternal Seeker

14,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I honestly don't get the ending of this anime. But the opening song is one of my favs.
I actually just finished watching it (along with end of eva) the other day. Honesty, I think it was meh. I enjoyed the character study and brutal eva fights, but the whole thing was just a tad too disjointed for me. I understand why this happened, the creators depression coupled with the budget running out made the show a bit of a mess. Don't get me wrong, it had plenty of good stuff. Like the aforementioned character study and fights, and the religious symbolism and puzzle piece plot provides plenty of food for thought. In the end I'm happy I watched it. The series was made as an antithesis to anime at the time, which was just a bunch of escapist, self insert, wish fulfillment, and the show is a cultural landmark that has influenced countless anime. However, it's a bit too "off it's meds" for me to really consider it good.

With all that in mind, I'm actually looking forward to the rebuild movies, which I will watch after the last one is released. I've heard them described as "no less horrific, just more cohesive". The original series had enough good in it that I'd love to see what it's like when it's taking it's meds.
trialmixx
my thing is i loved NGE, but i also think it was kinda a lil too squished? but i guess that's what gave the show that sense of urgency. but i feel like it shoulda been more like a 50 episode show rather than a 26 u m u
it woulda given more room for character development, instead of trying to cram everything into like one or two episodes.
that's just me though!
Neon Genesis Evangelion probably would have had that many episodes if it not have been Anno losing his mind (in a way), horrible conditions, no funding, parents wanted to shut down the show due to its violence, and did I mention budget. And we're lucky we got EoE (Because death threats). I kinda liked the closure. yeah it was cheesy as all hell. But cut them some slack. EoE definitely helped clear things up (a little). wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff