Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love this anime and I haven't seen many threads about it so I'm making this one.. This show literally ripped me apart emotionally and mentally (not really). This anime is my favorite and I recommend it to people who want a dark mecha anime to watch. Also I really hate the rebuilds.... They lack everything I liked about the characters, story, etc.

Rules
1. No trolling
2. No fighting
3. Have fun! mrgreen

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

The rebuilds are the only good part of the series.

Player

I plan to watch it this Winter break
my friend recommends it to me and he said I'll love it (since I'm into dark psychological anime). I searched it up: the anime is pretty much crazy and gets crazier, and it was also revolutionary in it's day because it was a whole new take on the mecha genre (it wasn't all about robots but the pilots themselves). Sooo I'm pretty excited because I have a feeling once I watch the series and the movies, I'd be totally pumped about it and could potentially talk about it for dayz (usually happens when I fall for an anime)

Lonely Leaf

It's a great series. I agree that the rebuilds are kind of… flat (but they are pretty)
So As I Pray

I dunno, NGE was pretty fun for casual tv watching.

Shtruglotz's Husband

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
it's cool, but leaves a lot of loose ends
and by a lot of loose ends, i mean a million of them

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

LegendaryRandomVIllager42
So As I Pray

I dunno, NGE was pretty fun for casual tv watching.

The compressed nature of the movies means I both don't have to put up with as much filler-like material, nor do I have to deal with shinji being a b***h quite as much
haine22
I plan to watch it this Winter break
my friend recommends it to me and he said I'll love it (since I'm into dark psychological anime). I searched it up: the anime is pretty much crazy and gets crazier, and it was also revolutionary in it's day because it was a whole new take on the mecha genre (it wasn't all about robots but the pilots themselves). Sooo I'm pretty excited because I have a feeling once I watch the series and the movies, I'd be totally pumped about it and could potentially talk about it for dayz (usually happens when I fall for an anime)
Yes... The more it gets darker the more the shows budget runs out. But I can look past it. Because episode 25 and 26 were supposed to look like that not because low budget (even though that is most the reason) but because (SPOILER) the instrumentality was taking place and the whole world (almost) was destoryed... (END OF SPOILER).
So As I Pray
Animation wise yes however considering characters and story not really.. Rebuilds to me are just robot backflips, unfunny slapstick, and the characters are just shadows of there original selves. For example in the original NGE we learn why Asuka is the way she is. She grew up with a mentally ill mother, walks into her mother hanging from the ceiling.Which makes her grow up quickly, and attempts to be a adult by sexually validating herself and just in general asking people to praise her, and looks down on people with a different opinion (Rei). But in the rebuilds Asuka is just a annoying cackling c**t and has a 5 second scene with a hand puppet. I know rebuilds are just a different take on NGE but I still hate the characters. Sorry but my opinion.. sweatdrop
skulibrary
It's a great series. I agree that the rebuilds are kind of… flat (but they are pretty)
Haha yes they're pretty to look at but annoying to watch for a fan of the original show. What's your favorite character? Mine's Asuka! whee

Lonely Leaf

Dominicthewiked
skulibrary
Haha yes they're pretty to look at but annoying to watch for a fan of the original show. What's your favorite character? Mine's Asuka! whee

right now probably Kaji or Yui

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Dominicthewiked
So As I Pray
Animation wise yes however considering characters and story not really.. Rebuilds to me are just robot backflips, unfunny slapstick, and the characters are just shadows of there original selves. For example in the original NGE we learn why Asuka is the way she is. She grew up with a mentally ill mother, walks into her mother hanging from the ceiling.Which makes her grow up quickly, and attempts to be a adult by sexually validating herself and just in general asking people to praise her, and looks down on people with a different opinion (Rei). But in the rebuilds Asuka is just a annoying cackling c**t and has a 5 second scene with a hand puppet. I know rebuilds are just a different take on NGE but I still hate the characters. Sorry but my opinion.. sweatdrop

Hey, it's alright to have your own opinion.

Mine's just that the original was a bunch of bloated s**t that was trying too hard. The rebuilds trimmed it all down. I don't see Asuka as all that different characterization-wise. If anything, the fact that it's no longer taking itself so seriously might be what makes the Rebuilds better.
My biggest problem with NGE is the biggest strength it has, in thay the main character isn't overpowered and does actually think about what it means to be human.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff