Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Okay I come up with some questions while watching FMA
The English version of FMA is heavily edited, so does Aoex have heavy edits too?
How did Chinese fanbase come to be?
Who is Amaimmon's mom/dad? lol
I haven't really noticed anything changed too drastically and I'm up to date on the scanlations and the US release.
and all we know about Amaimon's parentage is that his dad is probably Satan.

Space Genius

Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40
The English version of FMA is heavily edited, so does Aoex have heavy edits too?
I haven't really noticed anything changed too drastically and I'm up to date on the scanlations and the US release.

I am asking what his other side was, since Satan is probably androgyny like all angels. Unless...Rin and Yukio is the only one with parents.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40

I am asking what his other side was, since Satan is probably androgyny like all angels. Unless...Rin and Yukio is the only one with parents.
based on what we know of demons established in series it does appear demons do have actual gender (as in the Kuro Runs Away manga chapter and the anime OVA he does insist he IS a he just to name one instance where it leads to that) so I'd assume unless it's established differently later in series that Satan would be male. while actual Judeochristian mythology does consider angels androgynous fictional works do often actually give those characters gender, even if mythologically speaking they shouldn't really have one so just assuming they'd be androgynous doesn't necessarily work unless it's canonically established in-series that's the case.

in short, unless it gets established in the series itself or in an official supplementary guidebook we can only make assumptions based on what HAS been established. which doesn't establish much in terms of demonic reproduction but does indicate they very likely have a definite gender.
I believe in the anime he does refer to Satan as "father" so I'd say it's pretty safe to say Satan was indeed male.

I think we can only wait to see if they ever reveal the parentage on the mother side of things.

Single Misfit

13,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
If you guys are asking about Amaimmon's mom/dad, shouldn't you also be asking about Mephisto's? Both are the 'older brothers' of Rin, so they have Satan as their father as well, but just imagine what kind of person/creature/being could possible be their mother's?! O.O
From what I've seen on other sites, Amaimon has a bigger fanbase than Mephisto xD
Probably why our poor coat-tailed friend's parentage was neglected.
I can't remember where I read it, but aren't there 8 princes of Hell in Ao no Ex?

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aniue's mother would be fabulously fashionable. He obviously doesn't get his flare from Satan. emotion_dowant

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Shokushu Jyotei
From what I've seen on other sites, Amaimon has a bigger fanbase than Mephisto xD
Probably why our poor coat-tailed friend's parentage was neglected.
I can't remember where I read it, but aren't there 8 princes of Hell in Ao no Ex?
yeah, and it draws from existing demonology/folklore. granted, there are some variants on the list for the 8 Princes of Hell, as well as some sources listing only 7, and some specifying 8 Sub-Princes and 4 Crown Princes. I'm rather curious as to how the mangaka will handle it exact, if she's going to leave the out the Crown Prince of Hell list or draw from that as well, especially since that treats Satan and Lucifer as two different entities (and given the kanji choice for Rin's name...).

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
if anyone is interested in checking it out, the Japanese site now has a preview video up for the stage play
http://www.ao-ex.com/stage/special/movie.html

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I just checked RightStuf to see if I can preorder volume 8 yet and found they now have the pics to go with the fourth DVD
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/eNLqcOaVcWAMHVRIYp/browse/item/94182/4/0/0

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I just checked RightStuf to see if I can preorder volume 8 yet and found they now have the pics to go with the fourth DVD
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/eNLqcOaVcWAMHVRIYp/browse/item/94182/4/0/0
Ergh, Angel on the DVD cover and another poster without Amaimon on it. I am not pleased... >:C

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Ergh, Angel on the DVD cover and another poster without Amaimon on it. I am not pleased... >:C
yeah, good thing I've been flipping the covers, so now I'm ready to have this one flipped as well so I won't have to see him as often.

and I'm not too disappointed with the posters, but it would have been nice to have Amaimon on at least one or at least give us one of those adorkably cute ones they have in Japan.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
look what I found derping about just a while ago...

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza

*stares at Amaimon in the background*
Whatever that is, I might want it. The figurines are nice, but that's not the one of Rin we saw in the WIP stages is it?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
Mugetsu Ookamiza

*stares at Amaimon in the background*
Whatever that is, I might want it. The figurines are nice, but that's not the one of Rin we saw in the WIP stages is it?
I'm not sure. they don't look quite right... but then I can't really find many pics of these painted ones yet and that's literally the best pic I could find, with most of them being pretty small. they're also all pretty much from the same angle.

I'm inclined to think they're not the same, tho, since I seem to remember the draft version of the Yukio one having both legs pretty straight and a different gun pose... but I do know the Rin one did show a similar pose to the Rin one in that so I'm not 100% sure...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff