Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Everlasting Radiance

how utterly useless the female characters (Kyoko and Haru, I mean) are (you complain about Sakura in Naruto? Please.)

(Yes, Kyoko and Haru cook and clean. but seriously... They're practically just there for filler. The way they are represented in this series bothers me.)

Kyoko and Haru are not fighters. They're not fighters. Her and Haru there to support Tsuna and are part of what drives Tsuna to protect what's around them. Their peaceful lives, and sweet nature is a big part of this. Just because Kyoko or Haru don't fight or aren't as saucy as characters like Lal Mirch or Bianchi doesn't make them any less important or useless.

Just in case you missed my first post.

3,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100
Personally I love this manga!!! Gokudera is just so cool. Yes he is over protective and loud but he is trying to calm down. Love hibird too!! heart heart
Well just start with simple post, what's your favourite character?

My favourite character would be Reborn. I'm surprised he's not more popular; it always comes as a shock to see him ranked so low in the popularity contests that are occasionally shown alongside the manga. I often like the old wise sage characters and even more-so if they show a healthy amount of wit too which are two traits that Reborn certainly possesses (despite his appearance).

What do you hate/like about the anime?

Someone before mentioned that KHR was too generic and frankly I have to agree. It's pretty similar to any other conventional shounen manga out there and it doesn't have any factors that push it beyond that. However the quality is fantastic, the art (especially for me) is really appealing and if generic is what you want than KHR is definately on the top tier for that kind of thing.

Another dislike for me is the anime; I found it too childish for my liking and unfortunately it was a complete no-go for me. On the plus side, the manga is great and continues to improve (apart from the future arc; it was great at first but soon bordered on the ridiculous which really started to break my immersion and attachment to the storyline). In fact, I'd say the current Rainbow Representative Battle is my favourite arc yet.

What got you interested in this anime?

I was searching for new mangas to read when I noticed a picture of Reborn. He's a pretty recognisable character I had seen before from a cover page of something or other and so I decided to read it.

Dangerous Businessman

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kyoko and Haru = Living Props

Tipsy Lover

8,800 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tipsy 100
well how woul kyoko and haru fight an for what reason? got an answer to that? an what woul be their animals
Siwonest
Everlasting Radiance

how utterly useless the female characters (Kyoko and Haru, I mean) are (you complain about Sakura in Naruto? Please.)

(Yes, Kyoko and Haru cook and clean. but seriously... They're practically just there for filler. The way they are represented in this series bothers me.)

Kyoko and Haru are not fighters. They're not fighters. Her and Haru there to support Tsuna and are part of what drives Tsuna to protect what's around them. Their peaceful lives, and sweet nature is a big part of this. Just because Kyoko or Haru don't fight or aren't as saucy as characters like Lal Mirch or Bianchi doesn't make them any less important or useless.

Just in case you missed my first post.

Being useful does not equate to fighting. There are a variety of things that the author could have done to integrate them as more useful characters. But instead they're left out to cook and clean, and on top of that image which annoys me, the series would occasionally cut out to them doing that when there was actual story stuff going on that we wanted to see conclude. Just filler, in other words.

Beyond that, the male characters treat them like babies, and couldn't tell them anything that was going on for the longest time. They made them cook and clean, but they had no clue what they were actually doing it for.

It's just annoying. The female character sitting out on the sideline cheering on the protagonists is a very common thing in Shounen, but in REBORN! they just got on my last nerve.

Tipsy Torii

8,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Omg! This isn't an old thread, this is a pleasant surprise.

Anyways my all time favorite character from this series used to be Gokudera but I've been unfaithful to him </3, my interests have moved to Xanxus. BUT I STILL LOVE GOKU D:!!

I hate how easily bored I can get of this series, some of this feels like deja vu all the time and I stop reading Then pick up when I see the Varia come back emotion_dowant . In case it hasn't become obvious already it's The Varia that got me interested into the series.

The art was pretty a** when I started it, not in the good way either but now it's so beautiful emotion_yatta !

9,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
my favorite saying was "no good tsuna "

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*stares at the front page of the AMC*
What, are we spamming KHR threads again like the old days...? Can't say I missed that. And one of them is old, to boot...

Favorite character in the series, if it isn't painfully obvious, is Tsuna.

Things I liked about the anime were the arcs about the Arcobaleno trials and the Primo trials, and Tsuna's training with Spanner. Things I hated about the anime were the useless recap episodes and the occasional pointless filler episode.

What got me into the series (not just the anime because I prefer the manga) was a scan of Gokudera on Minitokyo.

Yes, we doing that again. XD
pointless filler episode? I guess you must talking about the start. Since it's only arcs that have kinda useless episode and random, funny...ok xD

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
KHR Kyoya Hibari
Yuinami
KHR Kyoya Hibari
Yuinami
User Image
Hmm.. that is just weird if you are not feeling bored when I am patrolling around the forums. xD Besides Haru & M.M., there are also a lot of annoying/useless girls in animes that I can't stand it, it makes me feel like biting them to death.
You tell me to sit on her? Of course not. All I want is to sit on Dino's laps
...User Image

Ohh, i see, sorry it is weird then...And why did you wanna sit on Dino's laps?
In anime, Hibari don't even like Dino. (Everytime he saw Dino, always wanna bite Dino to death)
User Image
That is because I am interested in sexieh Dino. (( I like pairing Hibari & Dino. :c ))
That is true, he doesn't like being irritated by him. But if he would defeat him, he would lost interests in fighting or biting him to death
...User Image

Something like this? x3 ->[Click]
Really? i don't really know about that. Since Hibari always seem to like bite people to death even He didn't know Dino.

Dangerous Lover

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Brandisher 100
Yuinami

pointless filler episode? I guess you must talking about the start. Since it's only arcs that have kinda useless episode and random, funny...ok xD

Actually, the "filler" episodes at the start are in the manga too, which by most fans definition, isn't filler. The daily life arc is there to let you know who all the characters are and to give them a basic shape, so later on they can be filled in more in serious episodes. It's a lot more enjoyable to go back and re-experience it once you know how the characters tick.

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
storm guardian
Yuinami

Actually, the "filler" episodes at the start are in the manga too, which by most fans definition, isn't filler. The daily life arc is there to let you know who all the characters are and to give them a basic shape, so later on they can be filled in more in serious episodes. It's a lot more enjoyable to go back and re-experience it once you know how the characters tick.

Yeah, i know what you mean. First arc just like telling us about each characters. I was gonna said that but sometime i don't really like funny. ;l (Till when Tsuna fighting Mukuro, totally love it!)
I like kyoya

Deathly Inquisitor

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User ImageUser Image

My top fandom, until the Shimon Arc when it started to bore me.

Dangerous Member

10,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Yuinami
KHR Kyoya Hibari
Yuinami
KHR Kyoya Hibari
Yuinami
User Image
Hmm.. that is just weird if you are not feeling bored when I am patrolling around the forums. xD Besides Haru & M.M., there are also a lot of annoying/useless girls in animes that I can't stand it, it makes me feel like biting them to death.
You tell me to sit on her? Of course not. All I want is to sit on Dino's laps
...User Image

Ohh, i see, sorry it is weird then...And why did you wanna sit on Dino's laps?
In anime, Hibari don't even like Dino. (Everytime he saw Dino, always wanna bite Dino to death)
User Image
That is because I am interested in sexieh Dino. (( I like pairing Hibari & Dino. :c ))
That is true, he doesn't like being irritated by him. But if he would defeat him, he would lost interests in fighting or biting him to death
...User Image

Something like this? x3 ->[Click]
Really? i don't really know about that. Since Hibari always seem to like bite people to death even He didn't know Dino.
User Image
Oh my gosh.. it is sexieh pic. *saves it* *C* Msqmkjsq!! I can't read Japanese as well...
He is just obsessed with biting peoples like weak,opponents,herbivores,etc to death
...User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces