Welcome to Gaia! ::

nothing wrong with it. i love reading shoujo manga, and if my artistic skills were better, i'd spend a lot of time drawing it.
Jokosa
Mitsuitou
Kiyo-chan
There's nothing wrong with drawing shoujo. All it is is an art style..

I am sorry to inform you, but shoujo is not an art style. It is a marketing term. Not all shoujo look alike, it is not a style.

It can be considered a style, since many works of the genre contain similar themes and approaches. Bearing in mind, of course, that the genre contains many sub-genres....

Yes, you are right about sub-genre. Yes, similar themes are present, but that doesn't make it a style. Shoujo is and will never be more than a marketing term.
I did a report/research paper on manga artists, and it was mostly guys who did alot of the shoujo art for a long time. So it's not to out of the ordinary.
It's not really wierd
There's nothing wrong with a guy drawing shoujo-style. It's a nice-looking way of drawing and it's perfectly okay.
I don't see any problem in a guy drawin shojo - They have women drawing Shonen (example ; CLAMP with Angelic Layer).
But it is the storyline that you will have to nail if you want to draw comic book strips, i think!!
.....dam hair style won't change.....

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Theres nothig wrong with it
eh.. i say, draw whatever you like. frankly, i think it's damn cool for a guy to draw shoujo... shoujo's fun.
no not really...
little Angel boy
I really like the shojo style and and I really like to create and draw love stories. Everyone Ive talked to have said its wierd for a guy to draw shojo, and that they have never herd of a real manga creator that is a guy that draws shojo...Is is really all that strange? sweatdrop

U want a real man who draws Shojo... What about Ken Akamatsu?! He did 'Love Hina'! And that's one of the most well-known anime/manga out there.... i dont think it's odd for a guy todraw shojo! In fact, I wish you luck! ^_^
I don't think that it is strange at all...
There are alot of male artists that have gone big with shoujo stories!
You should be alloud to draw them if you want!
guys these days are all action and all but i wouldn't say its weird for guys to draw shojo
There's nothing wrong with it - to each his/her own, I always say

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,750 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
Its fine for a guy to draw shoujo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash