Welcome to Gaia! ::

Theres no problem with that. Anyone can draw in whitchever style they like most. No one else should tell you otherwise.
nawwwwwww It's all cool I say
I don't think it's strange at all. Everyone has their unique drawing styles and just because you like to draw shojo doesn't make you weird at all. No one has a right to tell you what you can and cannot draw, or what style you should use. Draw what you like to draw, and how you like to draw it! 3nodding
I don't think it's strange at all. *shrug* Don't worry about it.
Vektor
I don't think it's strange at all. Everyone has their unique drawing styles and just because you like to draw shojo doesn't make you weird at all. No one has a right to tell you what you can and cannot draw, or what style you should use. Draw what you like to draw, and how you like to draw it! 3nodding

yea thats true
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding
guys draw shoujo in Japan so i guess its all good. Ganbatte
^^ yes....! Draw the style you like the most, is not like everybody is going to understand you but the main thing here is to do what you like to do and not what others think you should be doing
Nothing weird at all! A ton of guys love to *read* shoujo, so why not write it, too?

Besides, I'm a girl and I write shounen, so if you're weird, you're not alone.
That's perfectly fine if you want to draw shoujo, in fact some guys can draw better shoujo and write better story lines than girls.
little Angel boy
I really like the shojo style and and I really like to create and draw love stories. Everyone Ive talked to have said its wierd for a guy to draw shojo, and that they have never herd of a real manga creator that is a guy that draws shojo...Is is really all that strange? sweatdrop

One-there is no shoujo 'style.'

Two-plenty of men create manga marketed towards young girls.

Three-shoujo is not all about love and romance, and plenty of other genres support love and romantic stories.

Four-it's fine if you make your own comics to market towards girls. Please feel free, I am sure they will be wonderful, even if they are not manga.
Kiyo-chan
There's nothing wrong with drawing shoujo. All it is is an art style..

I am sorry to inform you, but shoujo is not an art style. It is a marketing term. Not all shoujo look alike, it is not a style.
I am not sure why I have come in this particular thread to correct mistakes, but I have. No offense, everyone, please, it is for the best. This is the last one for now.

europa_moon
It's not strange for a man to draw shoujo at all. In fact, up until the 80s, men were the ones doing most of the shoujo art.

I am not sure where this information came from, but it isn't really very correct, you know.
Mitsuitou
Kiyo-chan
There's nothing wrong with drawing shoujo. All it is is an art style..

I am sorry to inform you, but shoujo is not an art style. It is a marketing term. Not all shoujo look alike, it is not a style.

It can be considered a style, since many works of the genre contain similar themes and approaches. Bearing in mind, of course, that the genre contains many sub-genres....
no it is not strange at all
I know its probly stupid of me to ask, but whats shojo? sweatdrop

once i find out ill give you my answer smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out