Welcome to Gaia! ::

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
psychoprincess16
The Fire Rises
I use to watch the show, and thought it was cute for all of two days, then I just found it unfunny and dropped it forever.
The fanbase is what you really have to look out for. They take that show WAAAY to seriously and tend to be bad as most weeaboos and Narutards.

Unlike most people, I don't care about fanbases.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You might care about it when you get insulted and called a weaboo retard if you even so much as mention Hetalia to some people. It has happened, and the fanbase is why I won't even touch the series. I haven't seen it either but the quality of the majority of the fanbase is revolting.

Liberal Sex Symbol

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
I find Hetalia to be one of those funny shows that I like to watch over and over again. It's a pretty cute show, and it's got a lot of cute, humerous, seriously stereotypical things that define it. It's just... Funny to me. I'm not overboard about it, but, I'm not middle ground either. I just like it.
Most people wonder why I like it, actually.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I used to be active in the Hetalia fandom way back when it was small and it was still in the early part of the first season (2009 I believe). When it was picked up for localization, I thought it would be great because then I could meet other fans more easily, but it took a turn for the worse. The third season is where I pretty much dropped it because it got so stale/boring and most fans who recently joined were pretty obnoxious. Nowadays I feel pretty embarrassed to say I once liked Hetalia due to how crazy its followers have become.
(I won't lie though, I still giggle a little on the inside when I see Chibitalia and HRE paired up in art, that was pretty much my OTP for the series)

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Hetalia technically isn't racist, since EVERYONE gets made fun of. So that means Hetalia's just being an all around d**k.

But yeah I like Hetalia but the fanbase can be brutal. Also, there's been some controversy about the dub. Fangirls hated it because it changed the script, and the dub version is a lot more offensive than the Japanese version.

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
its wacky, with no real story, so some love it while others hate it

Dapper Fatcat

9,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
From what I've heard it's mostly yaoi fangirls who like it. Non yaoi fangirls who dont.
But that's only hwat I've heard.

Edgy Fairy

19,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • The Edgiest 250
well, I loved the show, it was really funny, but that's just me...i somewhat like the humor from it

Business Guildsman

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
You have to know European history really well in order to get most of the humor in it.
I agree that the fanbase can be annoying, mostly the newer fans.
But every anime has those type of fans, and I hate how Hetalia gets more recognized of it.
Hetalia is funny, it's not meant to be offensive, and it's supposed to be light-hearted, said by Himaruya Hidekaz the creator himself.
I'm part of the fandom, and you'll find a lot of good fans on Tumblr who aren't crazy a** fangirls.
It's not a yaoi, but there is yaoi pairings and yuri pairings that fans make up.
The jokes are funny.
I like it, a lot. c;
And the fanart can be absolutely beautiful.
Wild Kotetsu
I agree that the fanbase can be annoying, mostly the newer fans.
But every anime has those type of fans, and I hate how Hetalia gets more recognized of it.
Hetalia is funny, it's not meant to be offensive, and it's supposed to be light-hearted, said by Himaruya Hidekaz the creator himself.
I'm part of the fandom, and you'll find a lot of good fans on Tumblr who aren't crazy a** fangirls.
It's not a yaoi, but there is yaoi pairings and yuri pairings that fans make up.
The jokes are funny.
I like it, a lot. c;
And the fanart can be absolutely beautiful.

This

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
SailorSanta
psychoprincess16
I don't know, I haven't seen the show so it's not my place to truely critizie it.

Then why make a thread about it?

Because I feel like it...

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
psychoprincess16
The Fire Rises
I use to watch the show, and thought it was cute for all of two days, then I just found it unfunny and dropped it forever.
The fanbase is what you really have to look out for. They take that show WAAAY to seriously and tend to be bad as most weeaboos and Narutards.

Unlike most people, I don't care about fanbases.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You might care about it when you get insulted and called a weaboo retard if you even so much as mention Hetalia to some people. It has happened, and the fanbase is why I won't even touch the series. I haven't seen it either but the quality of the majority of the fanbase is revolting.

I still don't care...

2,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I am pretty much neutral when it comes to the show. I could care less if it is seen as racist or not, I just see it as a show.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
KaelinFaun
I personally like Hetalia, and am a huge fan of it. It's true, the series has many crazy fangirls in the fandom, but still, doesn't almost every other fandom (Death Note, Naruto, etc.)? It doesn't really teach history at all, besides the fact that it tells about countries that used to be around but have disintegrated (like, seriously, I didn't even know Prussia was a country and then became part of Germany, and I still wouldn't have known if I had never watched Hetalia in its full). Of course there's people who hate it, and I understand there opinion -- the show's humor is definitely not for everyone. Saying that, if you haven't seen the show, at least watch the first few episodes, don't go hatin' on it because of rumors. If you decide you don't like it, then that's that. ^^

... Rant over, yay. biggrin

I don't hate the show. Unlike most people, I don't go around hating things before I experience them.

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the show. The characters strike me as funny, lovable, and frankly, extremely silly. It really depends on what kind of humor and style you like. Some like it, some don't; its fine. But if you don't enjoy it, please don't ruin my experience or that of the other fans.

And about the whole racism thing, consider this: I myself am a muslim who wears a headscarf. Try going to an airport like that and you will get a true taste of racism.
But when Germany made a terrorist joke about Egypt in Episode 31, did you know what I did? I laughed. I laughed because it was funny, and the whole nature of the show isn't meant to be taken that seriously. Heck, the producers don't even take it seriously xd

May I just add that I love the fandom to bits? 4laugh They are dedicated, funny, and truly awesome! There are always going to be a few who try to ruin it for everyone, but that doesn't mean that you should fall into their ploy xp

Again, I personally heart it, but its up to you really if you like it or not, and I will respect you either way!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff