Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Spark

Because opinions. Everyone has their own tastes.
I find Hetalia to be quite pretty dull.

Dangerous Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Like most said, people have different tastes. Hetalia is a parody anime. Some people find it racist and others find it crude. Hetalia talks about all the stereotypes of different countries. It's not meant to be taken seriously. People who can't take a joke and is too serious will not like Hetalia because it wasn't meant for them. Honestly I found it entertaining. I laughed because it was funny to me. If you really want to know watch it yourself and see if you like it or not. It's five minutes per episode and they two seasons.

Shy Gaian

I'm singing
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My blues
I love Hetalia, there are so many things to quote from it to relate to real life.
It depends on the person I guess. I mean, I don't like Sailor Mood, bleach, or Naruto at all.

Playful Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I don't like Hetalia because it's boring and not funny.
I don't care what people likes even if it's Hetalia.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
xAmaimonsxSweetxCandyx
Like most said, people have different tastes. Hetalia is a parody anime. Some people find it racist and others find it crude. Hetalia talks about all the stereotypes of different countries. It's not meant to be taken seriously. People who can't take a joke and is too serious will not like Hetalia because it wasn't meant for them. Honestly I found it entertaining. I laughed because it was funny to me. If you really want to know watch it yourself and see if you like it or not. It's five minutes per episode and they two seasons.

Wait... 5 minute episodes... 0_0

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Keitoran-chan
I don't like Hetalia because it's boring and not funny.
I don't care what people likes even if it's Hetalia.

Props on looking like LSP. smile

Dangerous Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Person of Interest 200
psychoprincess16
xAmaimonsxSweetxCandyx

Wait... 5 minute episodes... 0_0

LOL XD Yes I was shocked too when I first started watching it. XD But they got like over 50 episodes per season so its good. It makes up for it.
Lucidly
I have seen a little bit of it, but I didn't find it interesting enough to continue/like it.

It seems like a decent series. I think most of the hate comes from the sometimes obnoxious fandom that gives the series a bad name.

This. razz
Personally, I find it boring and slightly offensive, and the characters and story seems rather bland. The episodic format isn't very appealing to me either. But the worst thing with it is the crazy part of the fandom. I'm not saying that all of the fans are insane, but the bad parts of any fandom tends to be the most vocal ones.

Chatty Informer

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The episodes are pretty short, and can be hilarious if yer willing to laugh at yerself. It all depends on yer own sense of humor. (I've heard that some loved the first season but hate the second one 'cause it ain't as funny to 'em.)

It has its ups and downs, but I agree with an earlier post. Watch out for the fandom. There's a small area for those of us that are sane...but the ones on the other side...are...well...horrible. *shudders*

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
If I see one more idiot fan of this series who claims they learned history from Hetalia... scream

My opinion? Stupid series, avoid it.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Of course people are going to gripe about racism and Hetalia; it's personifying countries and demonstrating their history. I personally don't care for it (because I couldn't understand what was going on), but I don't HATE it at all.

Invisible Regular

psychoprincess16
I don't know, I haven't seen the show so it's not my place to truely critizie it.

Then why make a thread about it?
I personally like Hetalia, and am a huge fan of it. It's true, the series has many crazy fangirls in the fandom, but still, doesn't almost every other fandom (Death Note, Naruto, etc.)? It doesn't really teach history at all, besides the fact that it tells about countries that used to be around but have disintegrated (like, seriously, I didn't even know Prussia was a country and then became part of Germany, and I still wouldn't have known if I had never watched Hetalia in its full). Of course there's people who hate it, and I understand there opinion -- the show's humor is definitely not for everyone. Saying that, if you haven't seen the show, at least watch the first few episodes, don't go hatin' on it because of rumors. If you decide you don't like it, then that's that. ^^

... Rant over, yay. biggrin
I enjoy some of the jokes. That's about it. Don't understand the love of the countries.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff