16-18 0.24396442185515 24.4% [ 192 ]
18-21 0.1728081321474 17.3% [ 136 ]
21+ 0.082592121982211 8.3% [ 65 ]
that's confedential info buddy!! 0.066073697585769 6.6% [ 52 ]
Total Votes:[ 787 ]
This poll closed on March 20, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

hey anime/manga fans. Have you ever been stopped from buying the anime and manga you love because of you age? Personally i haven't but it almost happened once. I'm only 13 and i was tyring to get a 13+ manga but luckily i was 13 or i would've got it.
Well I never been sropped yet, and now i cat be, well sorta. If I forget my Id and its 21plus but most anime around here is only 18plus. Go Canada. Uhm when I was 16 I got an 18plus anime for my birthday but i didnt buy it so that doesnt really count.
Nope. Ive bought anime that said 17+ and Im under 17. They didnt even check.
i've never been stopped but some places don't carry things like that for this reason.. it sucks, i can't find an good anime....
stressed Actually I've never gotten stopped- I'm 19 years old and I've been into this anime thing only since I was 17...so about 3 years (i'm gonna be 20 next month)...yeah, late start, I know. But hey- we didn't have cable, and I wasn't a fan of Sailor Moon when we finally DID get it so...*shrugs*

The only thing I guess is that my friend and I got looked at funny when I was buying her a hentai tape..YES...so what? Who cares? They're just cartoons *shrugs*
nope. borders (bookstore) got some soft hentai n they dont even seal it. ahahah. else yea, then i would have to say "yes" to this thread.
Jak D
hey anime/manga fans. Have you ever been stopped from buying the anime and manga you love because of you age? Personally i haven't but it almost happened once. I'm only 13 and i was tyring to get a 13+ manga but luckily i was 13 or i would've got it.

thank god my mom never pays attention to what she's buying for me ...well sometimes....

Wheezing Man-Lover

16,100 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
No. Becasue all teh manga I want, I either order it online or have my dad buy it.

Berserk is teh awesome.
Nope. I'm only 13 and I buy 16+ mangas all the time! My parents ALMOST stopped me once, but they usually don't notice and of they do they don't care... They say that they feel I am mature enough to know what I should and shouldn't rread and they trust me! I love them so! heart Of course, they sometimes ask to read some of the manag's that I have bought, but they just want to make 100% sure that I'm no exposing myself to something they feel I am not ready for... meh. Whatever... sweatdrop
I'm 17 on the verge of 18 so it really doesn't apply but my mom doesn't care and never did. She says it's art blah blah and the stores clerks at book stores don't care. (yay)
besides if they do, just say there are worse things on TV 3nodding
and you'll be telling the truth!

Newbie Noob

Nope I just turned 14. And I've bought 18+ animes before. No one cares where I live xd
I'm twelve. I usually read my manga in the store or my parents buy it for me.

I haven't stopped reading anything because of my age.. I read 16+ manga all the time.
No. And if they ever tried I'd just get my mum to buy it. SO either way they can't win. 3nodding
never had a problem with it. my dad takes me to the stores I want when I (have to) go visit him. I'm 18 and the jerk wont let me drive the car scream . anyways, anytime I wanna buy something, they just assume that I can get it since my dad is being an idiot and standing next to the door.
19, and in college. On my own payroll so no one really dictates what I can and can't buy. I've never been stopped at the counter for buying anime... but I do look quite a bit younger than my age and I'm always carded at movie theaters. The annoying thing is that they never ask me "may I see your ID?", it's instead "Where are your parents?" stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff