Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Who's your favorite character of the team?

Robin (Tim Drake) 0.15837104072398 15.8% [ 35 ]
Lagoon Boy 0.0090497737556561 0.9% [ 2 ]
Bat Girl 0.054298642533937 5.4% [ 12 ]
Superboy 0.19909502262443 19.9% [ 44 ]
Miss Martian 0.081447963800905 8.1% [ 18 ]
Blue Beetle 0.16289592760181 16.3% [ 36 ]
Wonder Girl 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 17 ]
Beast Boy 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 17 ]
Bumblebee 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 13 ]
Impulse 0.12217194570136 12.2% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 221 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50 51 52 > >>

Interesting Gaian

My fav. Character would be Megan,altough she can be extremely annoying when she says her catch phrase in almost every episode. The second cool character i think would be aqualad or whatever his name is....somehow he reminds me of cyborg from teen titans.

Wealthy Capitalist

Safire vampire
My fav. Character would be Megan,altough she can be extremely annoying when she says her catch phrase in almost every episode. The second cool character i think would be aqualad or whatever his name is....somehow he reminds me of cyborg from teen titans.

Yeah, I couldn't stand Megan when I started watching the series, but I got use to it for a while. I still very much hate it though.

Wealthy Capitalist

Momo The Strange
My theory is Roy/Red Arrow is the mole.

Or Robin.

No one would ever suspect them.

Eghast! Robin would do NO such thing! emotion_donotwant

Distinct Citizen

Sooo... who here has watched the leaked final episodes of season one on youtube? ; )

(They're in Portuguese with English subtitles. I know who the mole is. : D)

Omg the episodes toward the end of season one are amazing.

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
lol the poll glitched and is showing 100% Wally West and 0 everyone else XD
I can't help but love KF, he rocked in teen titans, he rocks in this.

Does anyone feel that this series is leading up to a new Teen Titans? they even had a Beast boy cameo in the last episode (for anyone who didn't catch that, the kid who M'gann saved was named Garfield Logan...aka Beast Boy/ Changeling. I was too focused on the whole white martian thing to even notice the first time through, then when I watched it with my sis she started nerd raging)

I have a feeling that the mole isn't a mole at all *refuses to watch the leaked episodes in portuguese* I think its their first "souvenir" (the electronic eyeball) is where all the intel is coming from. Never take the eyeball. ever.

do you guys think they will deal with Red Arrows drug addiction? or is that just too deep for teenagers? (you know, cus its the older people who do drugs right? lol)

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
kiockalan
do you guys think they will deal with Red Arrows drug addiction? or is that just too deep for teenagers? (you know, cus its the older people who do drugs right? lol)

I don't think its two "deep" or "heavy" for teenagers. After all, Batman Beyond did a couple of drug-addiction episodes. But I am skeptical that they would do it, if for no other reason than the show's over-arching plot is already so ridiculously complicated already that introducing Roy's heroine addiction would just be a little to much.

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Renkon Root
kiockalan

I don't think its two "deep" or "heavy" for teenagers. After all, Batman Beyond did a couple of drug-addiction episodes. But I am skeptical that they would do it, if for no other reason than the show's over-arching plot is already so ridiculously complicated already that introducing Roy's heroine addiction would just be a little to much.

I meant more that "children's" shows tend to veer very far away from any serious problems like drugs, sex or alcohol.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
kiockalan
I meant more that "children's" shows tend to veer very far away from any serious problems like drugs, sex or alcohol.

But Young Justice's target audience aren't young children. I believe YJ's age bracket is something like 12-14 (or something similar), that is considered close enough to "young adult" to allow the show to touch on serious issues. The show has already touched on moral ambiguity, racism, politics, etc.

Because its about younger heroes instead of the adult ones I've noticed people tend to lump it in with the old (relatively) Teen Titans show. But that one actually WAS a children's show (age bracket something like 9-11, I think), but CN's YJ is not Teen Titans and is not aimed at the same age group. So they CAN broach topics like drugs and sex or whatever else you can slip under the radar. So long as they do it in a certain way, again, I'll use the example of Batman Beyond which had two separate drug addition episodes. One in season 1 with Bane-formula patches called "Slappers" that was basically Meth and Speed wrapped up in a nice little cartoon package and then later Spellbinder's dream pods (forget what they were actually called) which was basically heroine and LSD. So, you see, they are perfectly able to touch on the subject of drug addition.

I still don't think they will though. Not because its a "kid's show" but because it would just further complicate an already complicated plot. Remember, we only have something like ten episodes until the finally and then its season 2 and the Invasion. Do you really think they're gonna have time to fit in a drug episode in all that?

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Renkon Root
kiockalan

But Young Justice's target audience aren't young children. I believe YJ's age bracket is something like 12-14 (or something similar), that is considered close enough to "young adult" to allow the show to touch on serious issues. The show has already touched on moral ambiguity, racism, politics, etc.

Because its about younger heroes instead of the adult ones I've noticed people tend to lump it in with the old (relatively) Teen Titans show. But that one actually WAS a children's show (age bracket something like 9-11, I think), but CN's YJ is not Teen Titans and is not aimed at the same age group. So they CAN broach topics like drugs and sex or whatever else you can slip under the radar. So long as they do it in a certain way, again, I'll use the example of Batman Beyond which had two separate drug addition episodes. One in season 1 with Bane-formula patches called "Slappers" that was basically Meth and Speed wrapped up in a nice little cartoon package and then later Spellbinder's dream pods (forget what they were actually called) which was basically heroine and LSD. So, you see, they are perfectly able to touch on the subject of drug addition.

I still don't think they will though. Not because its a "kid's show" but because it would just further complicate an already complicated plot. Remember, we only have something like ten episodes until the finally and then its season 2 and the Invasion. Do you really think they're gonna have time to fit in a drug episode in all that?

well, they have been doing very character driven episodes lately, so if they had time for a heart transplant they could possibly have time for speedy's issues (*crosses fingers*)

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

* shrug *
I'm just waiting for Superboy's TTK to kick-in. I want me some tactile-telekinesis.
Safire vampire

The why behind her saying it all the time was covered in "Image". emotion_bigheart

I want the next episode alreadyyyy.
(But not the leaked ones in Portuguese. >_> )

Interesting Gaian

xAliceJae
Safire vampire

The why behind her saying it all the time was covered in "Image". emotion_bigheart

Ohh, i see, i stopped at episode 10..... i cant wait til the good new episodes come out though too >.<
Safire vampire
xAliceJae
Safire vampire

Ohh, i see, i stopped at episode 10..... i cant wait til the good new episodes come out though too >.<

You need to watch more of it!
Megan's my favorite of the girls and the episodes really start to delve a lot more into their personalities (especially Megan's from the ones I've been able to see...). I love ittt. <3

The next episode centers around Artemis, I think.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
xAliceJae

The next episode, "Agendas", centers around Conner. But we get to see Match, which really surprises me! He's such an obscure character I did not expect to see him in this series at all.
Renkon Root
xAliceJae

The next episode, "Agendas", centers around Conner. But we get to see Match, which really surprises me! He's such an obscure character I did not expect to see him in this series at all.

All I know is I'm thinking of one of the next episodes. Don't we see Sportsmaster in one? : O

BUT YAY! <3 Any new episode is fine with me. I haven't watched one yet that's disappointed me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff