• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

OMFG....I have tried time and tried again to get Sarah her b-day gift, but for one reason or another, the sites never work. I am about to explode...
None I can think of.
So how did that go? Good results?
When I got my back up against the wall! Don't need no one to rescue me!

Gaia or another site?

Well my outfits are indeed quite expensive. Most are well over 100 mil.

'Cause I ain't waiting up for no miracle! Yeah, tonight I'm running free!

Another site....various sites. I have it working now....just hope it gets there...
Yay, we're gaia fatcats~!

I got burned buying something online for my brother. I was buying something for him on a Canadian site, but apparently the prices were in American dollars. That's not the first time the exchange rate has siphoned extra money out of me. stare

I think it's because of Masquerade. I have four of them, they're mostly worth over 100 mil now, and I usually use them all together. 3nodding

Aww, that sucks. How long ago was that? I'd think that now it would cost you less.
Yeah, that inflation is making us kinda rich. lol

Just a few days ago. The exchange rate was about $1 Canadian for $0.91 US, so I lost money. A few years ago they were on par, but not any more. confused

Unfortunately now everyone is rich so everything is expensive. It's also pretty much made it impossible to make a decent amount of gold through traditional means like Booty Plunder, instead forcing people to resort to buying Gaia Cash. Oh, Gaia.... clever girl. stare

The_Cookie_Bean's Husband

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

OMFG....I have tried time and tried again to get Sarah her b-day gift, but for one reason or another, the sites never work. I am about to explode...
None I can think of.
So how did that go? Good results?

Gaia or another site?

Well my outfits are indeed quite expensive. Most are well over 100 mil.

Another site....various sites. I have it working now....just hope it gets there...

I got burned buying something online for my brother. I was buying something for him on a Canadian site, but apparently the prices were in American dollars. That's not the first time the exchange rate has siphoned extra money out of me. stare

I think it's because of Masquerade. I have four of them, they're mostly worth over 100 mil now, and I usually use them all together. 3nodding

Aww, that sucks. How long ago was that? I'd think that now it would cost you less.

Just a few days ago. The exchange rate was about $1 Canadian for $0.91 US, so I lost money. A few years ago they were on par, but not any more. confused

Unfortunately now everyone is rich so everything is expensive. It's also pretty much made it impossible to make a decent amount of gold through traditional means like Booty Plunder, instead forcing people to resort to buying Gaia Cash. Oh, Gaia.... clever girl. stare

So then when I go up there...am I losing money? I'm a little confused
Yeah I'm not sure how much is worth what anymore.

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

Let's say you took $91 with you to Canada. If you exchanged it for Canadian money, you'd have $100 Canadian. So technically you'll have more Canadian money than you would American money. Of course prices might be different to compensate. I don't know how much things cost in the US since I only ever buy things online in American money.

I think they just made it easier for people willing to spend real money to get rich while those without that option become poorer.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

Let's say you took $91 with you to Canada. If you exchanged it for Canadian money, you'd have $100 Canadian. So technically you'll have more Canadian money than you would American money. Of course prices might be different to compensate. I don't know how much things cost in the US since I only ever buy things online in American money.

I think they just made it easier for people willing to spend real money to get rich while those without that option become poorer.

Huh, so maybe I spent less money than I thought on Sarah's gift
So what does that do with item hoarders like me?

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

Well did you buy it in Canadian dollars?

You can make a fortune if you sell items, but otherwise you're dirt poor until then. Technically your account will be worth a lot though. razz

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

You can make a fortune if you sell items, but otherwise you're dirt poor until then. Technically your account will be worth a lot though. razz

American ^^
Ieah, I'm so afraid of selling. My timing is always terrible.

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

American ^^

Well then the price is whatever you paid in if you used American money. It only works if an exchange rate is involved. razz

I find it's handy to check the graphs and see if the price is going up or down. 3nodding

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

American ^^

Well then the price is whatever you paid in if you used American money. It only works if an exchange rate is involved. razz

I find it's handy to check the graphs and see if the price is going up or down. 3nodding

ugh, that's going to be a pain...that and learning another unit of measurement
So businessy

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

American ^^

So businessy

Measurement? You mean the metric system. Pfff, all you need to know is everything is a multiple of 10. Nowhere near as complex as the ridiculous imperial system they use in the US. rolleyes

I like to think it's like being a stockbroker. razz

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

American ^^

So businessy

Measurement? You mean the metric system. Pfff, all you need to know is everything is a multiple of 10. Nowhere near as complex as the ridiculous imperial system they use in the US. rolleyes

IDK. After you get use to the imperial system, the metric system is a pain to learn
Yeah but then there is of course luck involved in stocks too...blarg

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

American ^^

So businessy

IDK. After you get use to the imperial system, the metric system is a pain to learn

But like I said, it's all multiples of tens. The math is so simple it should take less than an hour to learn. I suppose converting imperial to metric would be confusing since the imperial system is so strange.

That's why people and companies go bankrupt after all and why the stock market plummets from time to time.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

American ^^

So businessy

But like I said, it's all multiples of tens. The math is so simple it should take less than an hour to learn. I suppose converting imperial to metric would be confusing since the imperial system is so strange.

That's why people and companies go bankrupt after all and why the stock market plummets from time to time.

Yeah the converting is difficult. Just sucks having to relearn everything, like all the information I learned and had etched in my brain since I was five was placed on a table before I'm told "Nope" and have the table flipped on me.
Heh, the companies plummet thanks to crooked business practices and selfish motives, willing to screw over two million people just to make a million bucks, in addition to government issuing bailouts, thus rewarding such selfish actions....bleh

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

So businessy

Yeah the converting is difficult. Just sucks having to relearn everything, like all the information I learned and had etched in my brain since I was five was placed on a table before I'm told "Nope" and have the table flipped on me.
Heh, the companies plummet thanks to crooked business practices and selfish motives, willing to screw over two million people just to make a million bucks, in addition to government issuing bailouts, thus rewarding such selfish actions....bleh

That's because whoever decides what is taught in American schools is stubborn and refuses to accept a measurement system used by every other country in the world except for the US, Liberia, and Myanmar. razz

Well that's what the capitalist system is all about. It grants people the opportunity to make unparalleled wealth to motivate them to be productive. Of course they're out to make the most money they can, even if it screws everyone else over.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

So businessy

That's because whoever decides what is taught in American schools is stubborn and refuses to accept a measurement system used by every other country in the world except for the US, Liberia, and Myanmar. razz

Well that's what the capitalist system is all about. It grants people the opportunity to make unparalleled wealth to motivate them to be productive. Of course they're out to make the most money they can, even if it screws everyone else over.

It's not so much that we refuse to learn it...it's just that we're not taught it. It's not my fault for being born American ^^;
Yeah...it makes me tired...

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon

It's not so much that we refuse to learn it...it's just that we're not taught it. It's not my fault for being born American ^^;
Yeah...it makes me tired...

That's why I said the guy deciding the curriculum is stubborn. All they have to do is start teaching the metric system in schools, but they don't.

I finished season 2 of Yugioh the other day. I've moved onto season 3. They still continue to break the rules, or rather make new ones. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff