Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Captain Cannabis
Can you really cheer for a team that buys all of their talent?

Also,
The Free Agent Market is fair game. Same when the trades happen. Yankees have the payroll, if other teams had the same payroll they would do the same. Also, just because you have a great talent doesn't mean they'll be great during the season. Injuries, having an off year, etc play into things as well. Baseball is an unpredictable sport. I stated all that in my other post.

Also, I'm from New York, went to my first Yankee game at 8 and is a great way my Grandfather and me keep a close connection. My reasons are deeper than statistics.
katern
Captain Cannabis

Also,
The Free Agent Market is fair game. Same when the trades happen. Yankees have the payroll, if other teams had the same payroll they would do the same. Also, just because you have a great talent doesn't mean they'll be great during the season. Injuries, having an off year, etc play into things as well. Baseball is an unpredictable sport. I stated all that in my other post.

Also, I'm from New York, went to my first Yankee game at 8 and is a great way my Grandfather and me keep a close connection. My reasons are deeper than statistics.
You have a legitimate reason then. I know a lot of yankees fans, and only reason is because of stats.

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Captain Cannabis
katern
Captain Cannabis

Also,

You have a legitimate reason then. I know a lot of yankees fans, and only reason is because of stats.
Alot of us Yankee fans have deep reasons as to why the Yankees are our favorite team. Others just banwagon. I just hate it when people talk smack about the Yankees and group all the fans together. Not all the Yankee fans talk smack about your(not you, in general) team don't try to do that using XYZ.

Also, I lol'd at Lincecum video. Epic win.
katern
Captain Cannabis
katern
Captain Cannabis

Also,

Alot of us Yankee fans have deep reasons as to why the Yankees are our favorite team. Others just banwagon. I just hate it when people talk smack about the Yankees and group all the fans together. Not all the Yankee fans talk smack about your(not you, in general) team don't try to do that using XYZ.

Great video isn't it? And I know it's stereotypical but it works most of the time haha

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Captain Cannabis
katern
Captain Cannabis
katern
Captain Cannabis

Also,

Great video isn't it? And I know it's stereotypical but it works most of the time haha
Lincecum has made me fan over the postseason. The weed part made me burst out laughing though.
katern
Captain Cannabis
katern
Captain Cannabis
katern
Captain Cannabis

Also,

Lincecum has made me fan over the postseason. The weed part made me burst out laughing though.
Yeah I found that musing as well. But hey, we are in Cali, what can you expect? I don't do that sort of thing anymore which is why I found it amusing

6,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Amelia Greenheart
BOOOO!!!! YANKEES SUCK! xp
RED SOX RULE!!! blaugh

right on sister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
katern
XIX-Abyss-XIX
Rangers deserve going to the WS way more than the "Skankees". Rangers owned the Yankees in that series. Anyone whom disagrees obviously wasn't paying attention to those games.
And the Rangers didn't deserve to win the WS. Calling the Yankees names doesn't make a point. The Rangers still lost. You can't win them all. So, your point being?

Alot of people hate on the Yankees because of our payroll, but that is because we won 27 championships. Plus, payroll means nothing at times. You could spend alot of money on a player and they can have an off year. It is a game of luck there too. Also, if a person who hates on the Yankees because of payroll there is a problem. If your favorite team had the payroll of the Yankees you wouldn't be complaining. As for the Roids, at least A-Rod was man enough to admit it, some players have yet to do that.

@xXEspada AnnXx - So there is a limit on how many titles you can win? Since when? You play to win( and have fun.) and if you win no one can say "You don't deserve to win because you won too many titles before." Seriously.

@Prince Nidor - It's more of Yankee BS fans that want to get rid of Jeter more than the Yankee organization itself.

Hopefully, I didn't come off rude. Not my intention, just tired of the Yankees being picked on because of "buy championships" or "Roids lol". I would rather have people hate on them for a legit reason.

He denied it at first and only admitted to using it after getting caught. That was very manly of him.

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Yankees are awesome Rangers just got lucky!!!!!!

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
screw that
Nyuupyon
No. Not when your team has the highest payroll of any team by a wide margin.

Go Giants!!

That's why they're called the best team money can buy.
Alot of teams actually have the money to sign players. For example, the Pirates have alot of money, but choose not to better the team by signing a lot of free agents and still make money every year.

6,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
YANKEEE SUCK! RANGER GOOD A LITTLE! GAINT RULES

4,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Idk ....postin for goldd
I'm a yankee fan but for those who hate me because of that i just have one thing to say...

"IT'S JUST BASEBALL!!!! honestly, what difference does it make who u like or who u hate? Seriously, figure out you lives!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff