* Senate Republicans filibustered the jobs bill on the grounds that the top .1% of earners shouldn't have top pay even one dollar towards fixing crumbling roads and schools and creating 9 million jobs. After all,what is the suffering of 9 million people, the health of the economy, and the good off 99.9% of Americans next to the need of the richest .1% padding there savings account just a little more so they can sit on that capital.
* The last corporate tax repatriation amnesty cost 20 thousand jobs, so the Republicans are in favor of doing it again. After all, it simultaneously harms the economy, increases unemployment, and leads to less income for the Federal government and is thus bad for things like schools and the unemployed. In other words, win, win, win for Republicans, like most things bad for the country as a whole.
* Mitt Romney, having strongly denounced Occupy wall street as "class warfare" is now pretending he was always for it. a Mitt Romney contradicting himself reel would make a film the length of the LOTR trilogy, so I'm not surprised.
* One of the brave Olympians who endured an international s**t storm for raising a fist to protest racism at the Mexico Summer Olympics, turned up at occupy wall street. How cool is that?
* The California governor signed the Gender Nondiscrimination Act and the Vital Statistics Modernization Act into law. The first one is obvious. The second makes it easier to update documents to conform to gender rather than birth sex. It's a big ******** deal on a day to day safety level for a lot of people. Let's hope folks in other states get the same soon.
· Mon Oct 17, 2011 @ 09:33am · 0 Comments