Submit

Did I experience something?
  no
  yes
  maybe...
View Results

sabretoothlioness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:14 am
Last night I dreamed that I met BAST!!! She was very kind and instructed me on my behavior towards others and my life. Am I crazy or did I just meet my goddess...? eek

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:21 pm
That sounds very cool. It could very well be a visit from the goddess. It'd be awesome to have something like that happen, but I think the gods prefer a more subtle approach with me.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

Anknest Ra Horakhty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:22 am
Wouldn't surprise me. I mean, I don't think you would get that kind of dream on accident.

Wish they would contact me...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:04 am

it's just a dream. gosh, I can't see why people are so fond of the religion. do you know that their 'judging' system says that your heart must be lighter than a feather to make it to the afterlife? well, I guarantee you, that religion is pretty much bullshit.

btw- we pronounce it Bist (bissa is an old name for a cat used in the countrysides)

Akladios

sabretoothlioness

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:42 am
It's bast. And your "heart" is your soul, and it must be metaphorically lighter than (Maat's) feather of truth.
Besides, Bast rocks and if you say otherwise you can just go bury yourself.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:29 am
iZuu

it's just a dream. gosh, I can't see why people are so fond of the religion. do you know that their 'judging' system says that your heart must be lighter than a feather to make it to the afterlife? well, I guarantee you, that religion is pretty much bullshit.

btw- we pronounce it Bist (bissa is an old name for a cat used in the countrysides)

I understand that everyone has their own personal beliefs, but for some of us this religion works. Hell, this religion was the only one where I actually felt any connection with a god. So, there's no need to be condescending to get your point across.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

LynUridain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:41 am
People, people, please be nice. We're all buddies here, right?

iZuu, please do your research before making judgements, especially about other people's religious beliefs. I'm not a follower of this Way, either, but it's possible to be civil and accepting of other people and still be true to your own religious viewpoint.

On topic, I've had dreams about Anubis before... but then I've spent a lot of time thinking about him and it was probably just my subconscious recreating my waking thoughts. I'm not sure whether your dream can be explained that way, though-- maybe you're right! cool  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:45 am
iZuu

Who are you to say whether or not this religion is real or not? And people who follow this faith are very aware that your heart does NOT have to be lighter than a feather. You need to get your facts straight before you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself.  

Curiously Fruity

Curiously Fruity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:47 am
Back on topic.

I actually had a dream where the Gods abandonded me. It was really disheartening and made me stop wearing my ankh for like a month and a half.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:48 am
.Curiously.Fruity.
Back on topic.

I actually had a dream where the Gods abandonded me. It was really disheartening and made me stop wearing my ankh for like a month and a half.
eek Ow my gosh, that is really sad sweatdrop  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Ubat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:31 pm
I've had a few dreams about different Gods but for the most part I think it was just mostly me thinking about someone before I went to bed and because of it they popped up. sweatdrop there was one time tho where Maahes was coming up a lot in my dreams (at the time he was an unfamiliar name to me) and I found out when I looked him up that he occasionally pokes people around his holidays lol That was the only dream I really recall having a feeling like "someone is watching me" every time i woke up afterwards. ninja I think it means more how the dream made you feel and influenced you than wether it was all her or not smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:28 pm
actually the wierd thing is i hadn't really thought about her in a while.
does anyone know if bast or anubis were married gods? if so, to whom?  

sabretoothlioness

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:41 am
sabretoothlioness
actually the wierd thing is i hadn't really thought about her in a while.
does anyone know if bast or anubis were married gods? if so, to whom?
Here is an Egyptian God family tree. Hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:04 am
That's so amazing! eek
I haven't been able to sleep for the past few nights...I got stung by a scorpion! In my bed! gonk It wasn't the lethal kind and I'm not allergic, so I'm fine...

Message from Selket, perhaps? confused
"Oy! You! Nevira! Do something! *bzzt*"
sweatdrop  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

Roses FM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:11 pm
I'm not trying to be undermining or annoying, but i don't believe in the Gods. BUT if i did believe in them, i would have loved to be visited by one. biggrin  
Religion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff