Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Realm of Dreams

Back to Guilds

A welcoming guild to all rpers with a hope to make new friends and try all types of rps. 

Tags: roleplay, dreams 

Reply Recycle Bin
Professor Shadow's School of Literacy. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 140 141 142 143 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow_666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:27 am
Hello there, I am Shadow_666, or known as Matthew Vinson to my friends. You however, may call me Mr. Vinson. These are my associates, Mr. Emblem and Mr. Prophet.

Shadow: Ok punks, listen up. You're here for one simple reason. You suck at typing and rping.

Tassador: Shadow, shut up. What Mr. Emblem is trying to say is, you may have good rping ideas in your head, but when it comes to typing them out, you just...sorta freeze up, correct? You tend to spell things wrong, not use correct grammer, and other such mistakes.

We are here to help you in these areas. Now, you're probably thinking that we want you to be spelling whizzes and grammer genius'. Well, we don't. We simply want to help you become more literate, for the sake of those around you. Everyone makes mistakes now and then, but you probably make them a whole lot....

Tassador: Now then, we shall begin. If you have any questions during the lesson, or about a previous lesson, or anything else, please simply post below. Make sure to use the lessons we teach you.

Shadow: Or else. Now then! Lesson One maggots! Listen up and listen good!

Lesson One: n0 ch47 5p34k
This is crucial in becoming literate. You cannot use any numbers or "sentance shorteners" in your posts. When you are in OOC (Out of Character) it is fine to use that, but I am fairly certain your character does not say "L why k three" as opposed to "like"
Now then, lets practice some correct sentances
Repeat after me on your post below, or just read if you don't want to show the world you are illiterate.
Chatspeak form: 1 w3n7 70 g0 g37 50m3 1c3 cr34m.
Correct form: I went to go get some ice cream.
Excellent!

Tassador: Good, your getting the hang on it. Lets try another!
Chatspeak form: I lyk3 to g3t funky w17h 17, lol.
Correct form: I like to get funky with it.

Shadow: ....Do you now Tassador? I never knew!
Ok maggots, in addition to not using numbers, do not use any form of "non number chat speak" or as Matt called them above, "sentance-shorteners."
Which means no lol, g2g, ttly, ttyl, brb, afk, or jk can be used in your rping. Once again, you may use them in OOC, but would your character really say "L O L?"
I didn't think so.
Now then, most of you complete retards are probably saying "But Mr. Shadow! How d0....do I express the joy of laughter in my posts?"
Well little retarded timmy, you can simply say "Joe laughed."
Chatspeak form: OMG NO WAI.
Correct form: Oh my God, no way.
Chatspeak form: O rly? Ya rly!
Correct form: Oh, really? Ya! Really!

Thats the end of lesson number one, if you have any questions, feel free to post them, or pm us. Until tommorrow....or whenever I feel the next lesson is due, see ya!

Tassador: Good day students!

Shadow: Bye!..................are we done yet? Thank God! Lets go get something to drink, I need to get hammered, and fast!

Tassador: Shadow! The students are still watching!

Shadow: Eh? Oh, right. LOOK! A BOOB! (Psst, they're nerds, they'll look)
*Scampers away*

Tassador: ....
Lets go.

Right.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:05 pm

Meh ish teh moost LITRALET Tenci inz teh worrrld.

Hm... I love typing like that.

BUT! I shall not. So I will type like this:

I am the most literate Tenci in the world. (My consience: But that doesn't make sense because we're people, not Tencis.)
(Me: SHADDUP!!! TENCI RUULES YAH!!!)

Um...

ninja

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note, Does OOC really stand for Our of Character? I see alot of people (like myself) use it as Out of Context. Can it stand for both?? I mean, both make sense. But what IS the true meaning of OOC??

eek

Teh Queen of Nerds

shadow_666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:26 pm
Tassador: Oh yes, it can stand for different things. Out of Character is just one meaning of it.

Shadow: Soooooo.....wanna go get a drink?

.....Shut up....Don't pay any attention to him. Anyway, like Tassador said, there can be many uses for different things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Hm... Shadow, about that drink. You can buy me a drink and try NOT to hit on me. Sound good?

Teh Queen of Nerds

shadow_666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 pm
Shadow: I can't promise much....but I can try!

Tassador: Don't encourage him............

Seriously.......

Shadow: Bah! You guys are no fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Shadow, you don't even know how much... FUN I can be...

Teh Queen of Nerds

shadow_666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:57 pm
Shadow: I meant them, but if you care to show me....

Tassador: WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU?

Jesus, now he'll never leave you alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 pm
Oh don't worry (Narrator... person). I don't mind having Shadow's company at all... In fact, I prefer it.

Come now Shadow, I can show you my FUN side.

Teh Queen of Nerds

shadow_666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:24 pm
Shadow: BWUHAHAHAHAHAHA! I win again, Tassador and Matt. Good day sirs!

Tassador: *Twitch* God damn it........

Why is Shadow the popular one?

Tassador: Don't ask......  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:35 pm
Lesson Two:
Correct grammer

Tassador: Now then, for those of you who don't remember what grammer is, let me refresh you. Grammer is the art of capitolization, punctution, and other such things. Now then, you must know these to use them.
We'll start with the easiest.
Capitolization.
Here is how you do it
ALWAYS captitolize at the beginning of a sentance (which means after the period) or proper nouns, such as names, places, and other such things.
Like the name Shadow.
It is not shadow
It is Shadow, because Shadow is a person (somewhat) and needs to be captitolized.
Kracken, the name of a ship.
Maryland, the name of a state.
Hooters, the best restraunt ever.

Shadow: RIGHT ON TASSY!
Now then, apart from the capitolization, you idiots need to learn to use periods, commas, quotation marks, and other things properly.
The period is the easiest. It only comes after Mr., Ms. or Mrs., and also ALWAYS at the end of a sentance, unless you have a excelmation mark or a question mark instead.
Of course, a question mark (?) and a exclimation mark (!) are used in different ways.
The question mark is used to mark...can you guess it? A question!
An exclamation mark is used when your character is surprised or yelling.
such as

Tassador:
Tassador glared at him. "Do you have ANY idea what you were doing? You are a COMPLETE IDIOT!"
Did you get that now?

Good!
Now then, commas are used when a sentance needs to be joined with another, such as here and above. I think you should be able to figure this one out, just use it properly. Also, I'm not an English teacher....

Tassador: Now then, quotation marks are used when your character is speaking. Just as this

Shadow:
Shadow turned away from her. "Whatever..." Shadow spoke quietly, then walked away into the dark mist.
Got it, good.
Also, don't EVER use anything to mark actions. They come naturally, as above.

END OF LESSON TWO!  

shadow_666

Maya Freana
Captain

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:42 pm
Amaya: Because he's hotter than you two!

Me: .....Shut up before I kill you.

Kaname: I'll help!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:44 pm
Shadow: Thanks mate! You wanna join us for a drink?

Me: Why in gods name....

Tassador: I told you, just don't ask.........  

shadow_666

Teh Queen of Nerds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:49 pm

Shadow, you have very bad spelling. "Grammer" is grammar, "capitolization" is capitalization, "sentance" is sentence, and "excelmation" is exclamation.

rolleyes

I'm rethinking our FUN plan. Maybe I'll still go along with it. If you beg me. Like a dog.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:54 pm
Amaya: SURE!!! whee 3nodding  

Maya Freana
Captain

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

shadow_666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:55 pm
Shadow: Bah! Spelling is spelling, everyone makes mistakes!

Tassador: But you seem to make the most.

Shadow: I do not!

Tassador: Yes...you do.

Shadow: Bah! Whatever, and I'll have you know, I do not BEG to anyone!

Me: What about that time in the Night's Inn rp...

Shadow: THAT DOSEN'T COUNT!  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 140 141 142 143 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces