Submit

Am I being too negitive?
  Yes
  No
  Too many bumps on the head Cali?
View Results

calijoe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:07 am
I used to feel the world was an illusion; put here by god or created from our own imagination for nothing more than to enrich our true souls and make life in the true reality more meaningful. The death throws of the forest was a metaphoric glimpse of our reawakening. When my brother died at 33, the same age as Jesus I found some solace in the parallel. When my mother died at 63 and my resuscitation attempts failed REALITY struck and life's perspectives on reality changed forever.
Now when the leaves are falling and winter is nigh I know the leaves are just dying but at least their death holds beauty. The leaves leave behind their creator and we the lucky one's leave behind our created in our children. So this is my new reality; I don't necessarily enjoy it as I did the former but it is the real reality as age and wisdom have forced me to except it as. When I leave this reality I hope to go as the leaves; with some beauty in the wisdom this world offered. I have no illusions of gander about how this world is fair; I just pray my kids aren't forced to try to rescue in the end. I want to go with dignity and some self respect, as God flips another coin we play out his game.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:46 am
You said you entered the reality you consider to be real once you grew older and wiser... but are you sure it's the real reality?

We all live in very, very different realities. This is one of the first things you must learn in order to be able to interact with people. I live in an engineering reality, where everybody is in a fierce competition with each other to demonstrate who is the most skilled engineer; that's how things are when you hang out with the electronical engineers. There's no room for women, which is kinda depressing, because the lack of them has always marked my life. This reality, as a result, is lonely and strikes me with fear: fear of not being able to get a girlfriend, since I never had one, and I don't want to be considered a loser for not having one at age 19. This has also affected me in my interpersonal relationships. I don't have the courage to ask my best friend out, even though we've been hanging out for a month or so, because I fear she will be the last girl I'm gonna meet ever.

And this reality hit me really hard some weeks ago. I never noticed I had entered this realm, because this semester, I was way too worried about college to notice. But here I am, in a world of electronical engineers I don't even belong to (because I'm a networks engineer), cowering in fear, looking for a way out. I really got a lot of knowledge, but now I want to get outta here and enter a world with more females...  

Da_Nuke

xXxMeltedHersheyBarxXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:32 pm
They say that when one dies, they enter a new world....I believe those who had a connection to the one dead, also enter a new world. We see things in a new light. We may shut others out, or we may draw them nearer than ever before. Reality is a strange world however. There must be only one, right? Yet, everyone has their own, don't they? Reality of each of our situations is this, however: We are who we make ourselves out to be. Like the story of Puss in Boots, we become what was once another's reality. Suffer if you want, be happy if you want. Nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough. You can do anything. Just try, if it's what you truly want. If your feelings are true, it's all okay. I speak on the behalf of my friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:41 pm
Reality is an illusion eh? I'd have to disagree there. We all live in the same reality, many just choose to see what they want, and ignore what they don't like. The reality of the world is the same everywhere, but which parts of a reality one wants to believe in and the ones they ignore differ. I agree with Da_Nuke when saying that we all live in different realities, beacause no-one ever things the same about everything, and we all cannot completely grasp 100% of the true reality.  

RedEyedBandit

justamat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:57 am
Beautifuly spoken. I admire your wisdom.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:27 pm
Da_Nuke
You said you entered the reality you consider to be real once you grew older and wiser... but are you sure it's the real reality?

We all live in very, very different realities. This is one of the first things you must learn in order to be able to interact with people. I live in an engineering reality, where everybody is in a fierce competition with each other to demonstrate who is the most skilled engineer; that's how things are when you hang out with the electronical engineers. There's no room for women, which is kinda depressing, because the lack of them has always marked my life. This reality, as a result, is lonely and strikes me with fear: fear of not being able to get a girlfriend, since I never had one, and I don't want to be considered a loser for not having one at age 19. This has also affected me in my interpersonal relationships. I don't have the courage to ask my best friend out, even though we've been hanging out for a month or so, because I fear she will be the last girl I'm gonna meet ever.

And this reality hit me really hard some weeks ago. I never noticed I had entered this realm, because this semester, I was way too worried about college to notice. But here I am, in a world of electronical engineers I don't even belong to (because I'm a networks engineer), cowering in fear, looking for a way out. I really got a lot of knowledge, but now I want to get outta here and enter a world with more females...

Uh... Dude? I'm a female engineer and I kick a**. I don't care if your a man-hoe, but don't bash the ladies saying that there's no room for women. I know that's not what you meant, but it seems that your beef is more with your job and not the lack of women. Trust me when I tell you that you've got to do something your happy with. It doesn't matter how much money it makes or how prestigious it is or how much your parents approve, you've got to be you, and you've got to be happy, or you'll slowly die from the inside out.  

Onagoshi

Onagoshi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:28 pm
Cali, you're not being too negative. I feel similar and I'm generally an optimistic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:05 pm
Does reality exist. its a good question, but its not, because another good question is, does it matter? This may be a fantasy world or an illusion, but if it is, whose to say the outside world isnt worse. Whose to say it isnt better. And is it even possible to get out?
I like my world. It has its problems and its solutions, its ups and downs, but its the world that I know and love. If it is an illusion, then i really dont care. for all i know, the real wold doesnt have the things I love, like chocolate and crows(im weird) and my family. it might not have saturday cartoons or dogs or my friends. And what if I enter a reality like that and cant come back to my illusion? So if this is an illusion, dont wake me up.  

AvariciaMooneater

wildblackfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm
What is truth? Truth is a perception of reality based on our own point of view. As we grow what we perceive as truth is simply an idea that is repeated throughout our life by multiple sources. Because it is repeated our minds automatically believe it to be fact and it becomes automatic that when something related to the “truth” pops into our minds we automatically switch to the larger “truth”. In reality truth is nothing more then the most logical answer, or so we believe it to be such. If humans were as logical as we believe ourselves to be things like destruction wouldn’t occur as they are self defeating. We can use logic, but we lack the wisdom and understanding to know when or where would be appropriate to use it. How then can we survive? When we can’t even rely on truth to be true? Mankind cannot truly understand the universe. To do such is beyond our mental capacity and cause insanity. Where there are no certain threads to grasp, could you trust yourself to be real? stare  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games