Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mera Hei

Timid Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:15 am
phantommangagirl
Oxymoronic Username
Fellow Pro-Choicers, I fear that the end of reproductive rights as we know it is near.
Hey, wait a sec!!
Can somebody please explain to me why the reproductive rights for females are getting stricter, yet the reproductive rights of males are perfectly safe? We don't see any laws that state, "All men who wish to be child-free must be castrated." or something like that, now do we?

How would men pee if they were castrated? 3nodding

That's circumsision, I think. As Sybex stated, castration is the removal of the testicles.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:15 am
Oxymoronic Username
phantommangagirl
Oxymoronic Username
Fellow Pro-Choicers, I fear that the end of reproductive rights as we know it is near.
Hey, wait a sec!!
Can somebody please explain to me why the reproductive rights for females are getting stricter, yet the reproductive rights of males are perfectly safe? We don't see any laws that state, "All men who wish to be child-free must be castrated." or something like that, now do we?

How would men pee if they were castrated? 3nodding

That's circumsision, I think. As Sybex stated, castration is the removal of the testicles.
That's the removal of the foreskin. gonk  

S. Shark

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:34 am
ROFL!

Ok...

Circumcision - The removal of the foreskin of the p***s. Results in decreased sensitivity, but otherwise no change in sexual/urinary functioning.

Castration - Usually the removal of the testicles. Results in a zero chance of fertility. There is also chemical castration with the same effect but it leaves the testicles in place. Contrary to popular belief, castration men are still perfectly capable of having sexual desires and interacting with others in a sexual way.

Vasectomy - The tube that connects the testicles to the p***s is cut, resulting in decreased chance of fertility. Sexual ability is intact.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:43 pm
If a teen can't consent to sex (because their brain isn't developed enough for them to make sound choices) then why should they be allowed to make such a huge choice as abortion on their own? Hypocrisy, much? O:  

[gossamer]!smile.

TheDemonNurse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 pm
Right. Just what we need. America is going down the shitter and unfortunatley I've got a good eight years before I get out of this place. Hopefully by then -when I'm out of college- things will be looking up. Somthing needs to be done because there's always the chance things will continue going downwards.

Free? My a**.
neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:03 pm
Kukushka
ROFL!

Ok...

Circumcision - The removal of the foreskin of the p***s. Results in decreased sensitivity, but otherwise no change in sexual/urinary functioning.

Castration - Usually the removal of the testicles. Results in a zero chance of fertility. There is also chemical castration with the same effect but it leaves the testicles in place. Contrary to popular belief, castration men are still perfectly capable of having sexual desires and interacting with others in a sexual way.

Vasectomy - The tube that connects the testicles to the p***s is cut, resulting in decreased chance of fertility. Sexual ability is intact.

Actually, circumcision is pretty harmful. But it's ignored because men typically don't remember before they were circumcised and can't tell the difference. And because, like you said, they still can enjoy sex and urinate.

http://www.noharmm.org/advantage.htm

http://www.nocircpa.org/4642.html#top  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:51 pm
PhaedraMcSpiffy
Kukushka
ROFL!

Ok...

Actually, circumcision is pretty harmful. But it's ignored because men typically don't remember before they were circumcised and can't tell the difference. And because, like you said, they still can enjoy sex and urinate.

http://www.noharmm.org/advantage.htm

http://www.nocircpa.org/4642.html#top

All the "benefits" of circumcision can be achieved by GOOD ******** HYGIENE. I never miss a spot when washing myself - I usually take the soap and put it ALL OVER my body - bottom of feet, then move up. THe bottom of feet is dangerous, but my shower is too small to fall down in, I'll at worst end up leaning against one of the walls.

It's been a long while since I washed my face with soap though. I usually douse it in water, nice and relaxing.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:46 pm
It is my opinion that if

1. Minors require parental consent to get any medical procedure and
2. Abortion is a medical procedure
---------------------------
3. Then it follows that minors require parental consent for abortions.

This is flawless logic. Both of the premesis are true, and it is a valid argument. You really cannot argue it at all!

Unless....

You say that "abortion is NOT a medical procedure" which is ridiculous, or...

You say that minors shouldn't be required to get parental consent for medical procedures. That is a much better one.  

nobhdy

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:36 pm
nobhdy
It is my opinion that if

This is flawless logic. Both of the premesis are true, and it is a valid argument. You really cannot argue it at all!

Unless....

You say that minors shouldn't be required to get parental consent for medical procedures. That is a much better one.

And that is a good one. In fact, in my province at least, once you are over 12 or 13 you are allowed to sign your own medical consent.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:43 pm
Lord Setar
nobhdy
It is my opinion that if

Unless....

And that is a good one. In fact, in my province at least, once you are over 12 or 13 you are allowed to sign your own medical consent.

is that so? well, i'd support that 100% here.  

nobhdy

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:49 pm
Your logic may seem to work, but it's still going to hurt the girls who come from families that will deny them the right to an abortion or punish them for having an abortion. It does nothing to keep these minors safe.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:59 pm
Lord Setar
All the "benefits" of circumcision can be achieved by GOOD ******** HYGIENE. I never miss a spot when washing myself - I usually take the soap and put it ALL OVER my body - bottom of feet, then move up. THe bottom of feet is dangerous, but my shower is too small to fall down in, I'll at worst end up leaning against one of the walls.

It's been a long while since I washed my face with soap though. I usually douse it in water, nice and relaxing.

Um... neutral Thank you for the lovely image of you washing your p***s. stare  

phantommangagirl

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas