Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
new scary bill! ah!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantommangagirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:47 pm
Oh god oh god oh god this is scary. I just received a newsletter online, look what they're proposing in Washington now! 0__0 wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

"On Tuesday, the House of Representatives was scheduled to take up the Child Custody Protection Act, which had already passed the Senate. Instead, they passed the “Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act” (CIANA) and added even more egregious choice restrictions for young women. This dangerous bill is another attempt to chip away at young women’s ability to access their reproductive rights. Now the Senate has taken up the House-passed version of CIANA. As they begin debating this legislation, the threat to young women grows.

The bill would make it a federal crime for any person, other than a parent, to accompany a young woman to an out-of-state doctor for abortion care if the home state’s parental-involvement law has not been met. This legislation harms young women who require abortion services by: requiring some to travel alone out of state, rather than with a trusted relative or friend; forcing young women to rely on the permission of potentially abusive and dysfunctional parents; trapping minors in a confusing maze of conflicting state laws; failing to recognize the importance of other family members and trusted adults in a young woman’s life; putting those caring family members and trusted adults at risk; depriving women facing a health-threatening situation of the ability to obtain an abortion; and causing some women to have later, riskier abortions or become unwilling teen mothers."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:31 pm
User Image

No really, this is insane. Our government has gone to the dogs.  

Lupine Pyrefly

S. Shark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:40 pm
It also gives state rights the finger by requiring doctors to know and abide by parental notification laws in other states. =D So it's hitting abortion rights from two sides--keeps women from getting abortions and doctors from performing them.

You know, if the idea is really to help teenagers, why don't they also introduce legislation that prevents parents from forcing their teenagers to HAVE the children? Oh, right, because that's not the idea. The idea is to reduce abortion rights. You know, there's one argument that pisses me off more than "for the children", and that's "for the children" when it ain't* for the children.

*"Ain't" IS a word and I AM going to say it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:34 pm
Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

That settles it. I've got to look into this, then I've got to write, e-mail, call, WHATEVER to get the attention of my state reps. And the rest of you guys should, too. They're supposed to speak for us, so MAKE THEM.

And I'm sorry if I sound bossy...  

Calixti

keowyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:11 am
Again I'm happy not to be American.

Way to go!

-_-  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:11 am
SOmeone please explain to me how making it even more ******** dangerous for women to have abortions, suddenly makes them think "hey, I want to be a mother and lose all of my dreams for the future to take care of a screaming, puking, shitting bundle I don't want. Maybe I'll win mother of the year if it doesn't drown in the bath tub biggrin

MipsyKitten
Crew

Mera Hei

Timid Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:48 am
Fellow Pro-Choicers, I fear that the end of reproductive rights as we know it is near.
Hey, wait a sec!!
Can somebody please explain to me why the reproductive rights for females are getting stricter, yet the reproductive rights of males are perfectly safe? We don't see any laws that state, "All men who wish to be child-free must be castrated." or something like that, now do we?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:56 am
Fat lot of good that'll do...like you mentioned sometimes the reason the girl is pregnant to begin with is incest so "Yay! My dad raped me now we're going to teh clinic together!" sounds just right and perfectly normal 3nodding *SARCASM*

#(*^#&*%^#)@_@_$!$@%# !!!!! GAH! SCREW YOU ALL IN WASHINGTON!

Electric Kool-Aid

YamiYumes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:23 am
heiwa90
Fat lot of good that'll do...like you mentioned sometimes the reason the girl is pregnant to begin with is incest so "Yay! My dad raped me now we're going to teh clinic together!" sounds just right and perfectly normal 3nodding *SARCASM*

#(*^#&*%^#)@_@_$!$@%# !!!!! GAH! SCREW YOU ALL IN WASHINGTON!

My thoughts exactly, just instead of those signs, I'd be screaming obscene words and giving obscene gestures.

This is seriously getting ridiculous. I'm getting sick of America. scream  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:52 am
What does this mean? How close is it to actually becoming a law now?  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

phantommangagirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 pm
Oxymoronic Username
Fellow Pro-Choicers, I fear that the end of reproductive rights as we know it is near.
Hey, wait a sec!!
Can somebody please explain to me why the reproductive rights for females are getting stricter, yet the reproductive rights of males are perfectly safe? We don't see any laws that state, "All men who wish to be child-free must be castrated." or something like that, now do we?

How would men pee if they were castrated? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:38 pm
When I read the OP, there was this weird sound. It was kind of a creaking noise, and then a "shploosh."

It was the sound of my heart breaking.

Why is this sort of s**t going through? Let us examine, once again, who will be HELPED by such a law:
1) Abusive parents.
2) Controlling parents.
3) ABUSIVE parents.
4) Parents with no respect for their children.
5) ABUSIVE PARENTS.

Now let us examine who will be harmed by such a law:
1) Abused teens.
2) Illegal immigrants.
3) Victims of incestual rape.
4) VICTIMS.
5) ABUSED teens.

So basically, help the bad guy, hurt the victim. Thanks, American! *salutes*  

Akhakhu

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 pm
phantommangagirl
Oxymoronic Username
Hey, wait a sec!!

Castration is the removal of the testicles, not the p***s. There's even this nifty thing now called chemical castration. =3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:16 am
sybex Shark
phantommangagirl
Oxymoronic Username
Hey, wait a sec!!

Castration is the removal of the testicles, not the p***s. There's even this nifty thing now called chemical castration. =3

Oh, I didn't know that. Heh heh, silly me. sweatdrop
Then I don't know why there aren't those kinds of things against men.  

phantommangagirl

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:50 am
phantommangagirl
Then I don't know why there aren't those kinds of things against men.

Because at the moment, the bulk of the lawmakers are male and would rather severely harm women than risk losing some of their "masculinity" (read "virility").  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff