Reply Nintendo Defenders
Sony voted the "best brand": what nonsense..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ayukichan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:03 am
Whichever site voted Sony as the best brand must be really preppy. They're not. I mean, just because a brand is big and includes CD players and PSP's doesn't make it the "best" brand.

Don't get me wrong. Nintendo isn't the best brand either. The thing is none of them are. They all sell no matter what. It's very condescending that one particular brand would be better than all the rest. It's also a matter of egotism. Stuff like "Yeah, I'm better than all of you so there." It makes me sick just how much who or what you are determines how much money you make. Sony being awarded this merely makes them look like the Britney Spears of electronics, with Nintendo being the alternative rock. Anybody agree with this, or do all the pop stars in the world have the right to spit on me, just because they're rich and can do whatever they want? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:17 pm
The world ain't perfect dude besides most the stuff sony does is copy its competition.  

Rockman JET

TurMacar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:12 pm
Eh, never liked Britany either. xp

Pop sucks. Rock and Roll forever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:27 pm
well sony sucks anyways. Brit spears is dumb as s**t for getting Kevin freeloader. what a waste of humanity's time that guy is. and sony is a waste of electronic resources. they copy their competition, and they try to take all the credit! damned bastards! lets just pray that sony kills themselves quickly and painlessly for us Nintendo fans.

Nintendo is the KISS, OZZY, METALICA, ADEMA, and other metal of the gaming world. it's ninja with the part "NIN" which is commonly short for NINJA.  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:16 pm
I don't even know what you're talking about. I never heard about this.
Maybe everyone who voted for Sony got an exclusive deal statting their broken PS2's would be fixed or something.
Or maybe they genuinly like Sony.
Or it could be that they were looking at it from a sales perspective, and SOny sold the most crap.
Who knows.

While none may be better then the others, you should keep in mind they probably had a reason for voting for Sony, it may not have been the same reason you disagree.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:30 pm
stythe
Maybe everyone who voted for Sony got an exclusive deal statting their broken PS2's would be fixed or something.
Or it could be that they were looking at it from a sales perspective, and SOny sold the most crap.
Who knows.

While none may be better then the others, you should keep in mind they probably had a reason for voting for Sony, it may not have been the same reason you disagree.

obviously sony likes doing shady business. they screw with the business and they rake in money for being crooks! piracy with the PS1 and PS2. I hope that when Wii comes out, anyone with an emulator program for their sony system gets busted! Ps1, PS2, PSP, and PS3! I hope Nintendo files major lawsuits against sony regarding emulation.

when Wii comes out it'll give Nintendo just cause to sue sony!  

RAPTOR948

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:50 pm
RAPTOR948
stythe
Who knows.

obviously sony likes doing shady business. they screw with the business and they rake in money for being crooks! piracy with the PS1 and PS2. I hope that when Wii comes out, anyone with an emulator program for their sony system gets busted! Ps1, PS2, PSP, and PS3! I hope Nintendo files major lawsuits against sony regarding emulation.

just curious what other reason besides illegal emulation is there on nintendo sueing sony?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:46 pm
Rockman JET
RAPTOR948
stythe
Who knows.

just curious what other reason besides illegal emulation is there on nintendo sueing sony?
looking at emulation software the cases can be pretty big. there's illegal porting which also falls into emulation. I'm waiting to see news about Nintendo fileing a bunch of lawsuits regarding emulation and burrying sony in a grave of debt!  

RAPTOR948

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:40 am
If I had to recommend a gaming company to a 1st time gamer, I'd tell them to go with Nintendo. It's for everyone...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:27 pm
SolarShadow
If I had to recommend a gaming company to a 1st time gamer, I'd tell them to go with Nintendo. It's for everyone...
same thing I'd say, I started with Nintendo, I'm stickin with Nintendo. if Nintendo dies in the console wars then all we got left is overpriced garbage.  

RAPTOR948

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:18 pm
neutral

The 360 isn't bad...

In fact its pretty fun. I didnt have high hopes for it I will admit but theres a good selection of games, online is easy to get into, and the controller is my favorite next to the Wavebird and the GC controller.

Quite posibly my only real complaint is that the extra 10 dollars for the games makes it harder to get them. Then again most of the games are worth it.

Also with the topic ive never had trouble with any Sony products working(excluding the PS2). In fact I still gave a Sony CD player from a few years back and it still works fine.

EDIT: Wait what was Sony best brand for? Best brand in general or best CD player/TV/DVD etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:10 pm
I totally agree on that! No single company is the best. But the problem is that nobody seems to notice that at all, which is why we have the console wars.

If only we can convince the world that there is no "best company," maybe the console wars can stop.  

The_Ky-Guy

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:06 pm
The_Ky-Guy
I totally agree on that! No single company is the best. But the problem is that nobody seems to notice that at all, which is why we have the console wars.

If only we can convince the world that there is no "best company," maybe the console wars can stop.

I'm guessing the reason you don't take sides is because you don't want to be beaten up. ((Besides Nintendo is the better and only "video game" company I mean they are the only ones who are making systems and game software and nothing else (((do note there are third party video game companies too its just they don't make the system but the game instead))). As for sony they make cd players and etc... therefore they are more of an entertainment company. As for mircosoft they make computers to so they are more of an "computer company"))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:54 pm
Im not going to lie. That made no sence. Nintendo being the best is only an opinion mind you. And also just because Sony and Microsoft make other products doesnt mean they arent a video game company, that would just be ignorant. Sony does make first party titles (and I belive Microsoft has as well). And aren't video games entertainment? So wouldn't it make sence to include them in an entertainment company?  

Mr._Stabby

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:03 pm
Mr._Stabby
Im not going to lie. That made no sence. Nintendo being the best is only an opinion mind you. And also just because Sony and Microsoft make other products doesnt mean they arent a video game company, that would just be ignorant. Sony does make first party titles (and I belive Microsoft has as well). And aren't video games entertainment? So wouldn't it make sence to include them in an entertainment company?

Sub catagories my man,

Nintendo makes entertainment but they make more video games ((hardware and software of games)) therefore they go under the catagory of video game company.

Sony makes entertainment but they make alot of different types of entertainment therefore they can't be considered a Video game only company but more of a company that produces lots of entertainment.

Microsoft makes entertainment for computers only not for music unless its on a computer, nor only video games, Therefore they shouldn't be consider over all entertainment but more of a Computer company.

as for Nintendo being the best video game company; look at Sega, Atari, Microsoft, and Sony. Why has Nintendo been around as long as it has with competition that always claims to be the best.  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff